5925 Avenida Vista, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 39% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• riorich55's Profile Photo

Our Home Timeshare

Back in 2002 we took Marriott up on a 4 day for $150 package to stay at one of their timeshare resorts. After a couple of days there we went to the mandatory (if you didn't want to pay full price for the stay) time share pitch. Since we had been to several other companies pitches before we were a little skeptical. However, we were pleasantly surprise at the low key approach Marriott took and without too much hesitation decided to buy into a timeshare knowing that we could convert points relatively easy into Marriott points instead of staying at our timeshare.

This has actually worked out very well as we have traded in our stay for points several times and have used them to stay at a golf resort outside of Phoenix on one occasion and just recently at really nice Marriott properties in London and Paris.

Back in January 2007, we took advantage of our timeshare and with 3 out of 4 of our kids spent a week at this great place. Our room had 3 complete bedrooms and 3 complete bathrooms along with a living area and nice kitchen area. For a couple of days we spent most of our time at the resort playing tennis and just relaxing by the pools, along with even taking exercise classes in the morning.

Unique Quality: The facility has 4 different pool areas, a golf course, clay tennis courts, exercise facilities, various lounges and a number of other daily activities. In January we were between seasons (after Christmas and before Spring Breaks) so it was very quiet.

Directions: About 1 mile from Sea World

More about Marriott's Grande Vista

Finest Japanese Steakhouse

by Frisbeeace about Mikados at the Marriott OWC

Mikado is located at the Marriott Orlando World Center hotel and is a great dining experience. You can enjoy their Japanese food along with some live entertainment provided by the chefs. The meal is prepared tableside

Mikado offers a children's menu. Sushi

Marriott Vista just Grande

My family and I recently visited Orlando for the first time in 10 years. In the past we have been regular visitors to this area. Theme parks have not really changed a lot (still expensive) same old rides. I has tried to book Marriotts Grande Vista Resort for our entire vacation but due to demand I had to settle for just 4 nights. We stayed at Westgate Lakes Resort for the remaining 4 nights (we had previously stayed 3 nights in New York). Without knocking Westgate Lakes, we found Marriotts Grande Vista very special indeed. Thier accommodation is second to none and among the finest I have stayed in. Well done Marriotts ! 10 out of 10.

Great Pool

by TripAdvisor Member passionfortravel9

We stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista for three nights in October. It was really nice to have a 2 bedroom suite for the five of us to spread out in for a few days. We saved a lot of money cooking in our suite and I caught up on the laundry with the washer/ dryer in our unit. The highlight of this resort for us was the pool area. It was beautiful.
There was a large leisure pool with lounge chairs all around it, a lap pool and a kiddie pool. There were two hot tubs and a sandy beach area.
On the lake near the pool you could rent paddle boats. We were busy everyday so we didn't use their kids club but the itenerary they sent around every morning looked like alot of fun with alot of varied activities. The hotel is centrally located and only three blocks from the I-4 which takes you to Disney, Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center and Tampa. It is walking distance from Seaworld.

A WONDERFUL place to stay in Orlando!

by TripAdvisor Member Marcy54

We just returned from the Marriott Grande Vista where we spent three nights and four days. It was WONDERFUL! We stayed in a two bedroom villa and it was spacious, beautifully decorated, and had all the conveniences of home. Our two children, my husband and I thought it was one of the nicest places we've ever stayed. Although we spent most of the days at the Disney parks, we also did use some of the property's amenities and found them great. The golf course is only 9 holes, but very well kept and the staff was very accomodating. Juniors play for free, so while the green fees and club rental for adults are fairly pricey, if you take your kids along (we did not unfortunately), it makes a reasonable family event.The game room for teens is great, and the Pizza Hut on site made for an easy dinner when we got back from the parks. All in all, I can't imagine we'll even consider staying someplace else next time we go to Orlando. Especially if we can get a great rate as we did this time since we waited until the last minute and came after the Thanksgiving holidays were over (a good time for short lines at Disney as well!)

Hated it

I booked this hotel months ago for a Disney trip in late November. I was offered a great deal through USAirways to stay here for 4 nights for $429 and I would have to sit through the 90 min timeshare speal with my husband. Not bad I thought plus I read all these great reveiws on this site. Well, we arrived late with our 2 and 4 year old sons around 9:30pm. We humped all of our luggage and groceries up 2 flights and went into the room. At first blush, it seemed ok. Not the prettiest place I've ever seen but spacious enough. Upon further inspection, we were sorely disappointed. We pulled out the sleeper sofa and the mattress was thin and stained like someone had thrown coffe on it.
Plus, no sheets. We kept looking around and noticed how old the room seemed. Wow, and these people wanted us to buy into the time share.
Scary. I immediately got on my cell phone to the folks at Disney and ended up spending $420/night on a 1BR suite. Packed up the luggage and the kids and screeched tires out of the Grande Vista and never looked back. The $$ we spent inside the Park at the Boardwalk villas were worth every penny and put the Grande Vista to shame.

Not half bad you know...

I've been to Orlando before and stayed at the Day's Inn Lakeside. If that was to be my sole memory of Orlando then I'd have never ever returned. However, work won the battle and I was in Orlando for a convention at the beginning of Oct, 2003.

Since the last time I was here 3 years ago I've done a lot more travel with work and have become a bit of a Marriott devotee. Marriott have just finished building their new owned JW Marriott Resort in Orlando which was my original first choice, but because of stupid rates ($450 a night) I hunted around a little more and found an excellent rate at this Marriott Resort. I have to admit that I didn't know that any Marriott would be an different to another, but overall I am really happy with my choice and would consider a family holiday there in the future.

The resort if easy enough to find - even with my limited Stateside driving (you lot are not only on the wrong side of the road, you're on the wrong side of the car too!) - and the initial impression of the place is very good. You approach through a long winding drive which forms the boundary between the golf courses and the tennis centre.
Security on the main gate (a good thing with families around) were helpful and friendly throughout my stay and the check-in process was quick and simple Marriott.

I had a one-bedroomed villa and was pretty impressed. There was a fully equipped kitchen, complete with washer/dryer and dishwasher - not only did this keep some costs down it allowed me to eat my standard breakfast rather than bein bloated from the eggs/bacon option (ah, come on, who can really refuse!). The washer/dryer I was really pleased with - I did all my washing in about 2 hours (which beats my best time at home!).

The resort has three swimming pools, a golf course (pricey), a really nice lake, Pizza Hut, Restaurants and a Local Shop where you can buy the essentials. I should point out that apart from Pizza Hut, there's no room service as such.

The resort is in an ideal location for all of the region's attractions.
It's about 15 minutes to Universal and 10 to Disney. For business, it's 5 minutes to the Convention Center.

I'd certainly go back again, I might even go back or another holiday next year.

Orlando's Best

by TripAdvisor Member jjtino

How can you not enjoy this place? The rooms are spacious and well appointed, the grounds are beautiful, the activities are endless, the Golf School is top notch, and it's in a great location. A real bargain and a wonderful place for families.

Best Hotel/Motel For Golf Foursome to Stay In Orlando Area?

by jrmrv

I am a member of a foursome of fifty-something male golfers planning a four-day golf trip to the Orlando area for early February 2006.

What is the best hotel or motel for us to stay in in the Orlando area? We are looking for moderately-priced (but not rock-bottom), simple, tasteful clean accomodations with few frills. We are also considering renting a house or condo for these four days.

Thanks for your advice.

JRMRV

RE: Best Hotel/Motel For Golf Foursome to Stay In Orlando Area?

by princessdorrie

go to vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner) they are the best I've found for golf rentals in the orlando area. some are in golf communities and renting a house split 4 ways is not only inexpensive but roomy.

RE: RE: Best Hotel/Motel For Golf Foursome to Stay In Orlando Area?

by YVRDave

I have done both in Orlando. I liked both. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A DESIGNATED COFFEE MAKER IN THE MORNING. You might make 1 dinner at a house. The nice thing about the house was the space to clean clubs and have putting and chipping contest after a few pops, off the curb around the tire or off the sattelite dish down the drain and into the planter. The hotel was the clean towels, made beds, room service and taxis if you can't drive to dinner.

RE: Best Hotel/Motel For Golf Foursome to Stay In Orlando Area?

by Frisbeeace

Stay at Marriott's Grande Vista in a 2 bedroom appartment which is nice andvery comfortable. The Nick Faldo Golf Academy is there and you'll have a preferred rate at their golf course. Will cost less than 2 rooms at a middle quality hotel.

RE: RE: Best Hotel/Motel For Golf Foursome to Stay In Orlando Area?

by bunny3

We own a villa on Southern Dunes golf course which we rent out. Have had many golfers staying. There are plenty of other courses around us so you could play as many different ones as you like, then relax in the evening by your own pool

Comments