7102 Grand Horizons Boulevard, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States

Marriott.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cerres's Profile Photo

I loved this hotel

I was here allready third time but it was without doubts the best stay. I was there with my husband and 10 years old daughter. We all loved it. Two different pools, mini golf... and I didnt have to walk only with my doughter, she could run also go alone in the area of hotel . ... Everything was just perfect.

More about Marriott's Harbour Lake Orlando

Who writes the positive reports...Horizons staff?

We like having a good time and we rarely complain about the resort we stay in but I cannot understand how anyone can write such "glowing" reviews of Marriott Horizons in Orlando Florida. We have conlcuded that anything you read from a positive standpoint HAS to be from Horizon staff "ghost writers".

The rooms were very nice...but that is a standard thing at all marriotts.

Our first impression of the resort was when we drove up to the security gate and there was no one on duty. A hand drawn sign told us to "hit the # button". Not knowing where the "#" button was, we entered the guard house and hit the "#" on the phone. We waited a few minutes, did it again and again with no response. Three more cars lined up behind us. We could not move because of the gate. After about 10 minutes a young high school aged girl (or so she appeared) ran over saying her break was done and asked why we did not hit the "#" button. We told her we did (on the phone)and she chastised us with some sarcasm that the button was located about 15 yards prior to the sign and the guard shack. How the hell were we to know that there was a button to hit after we passed it by 15-20 yards ???

Well so much for security and so much for our first impression. Little did we know that this was the way of things to come. The staff is very unknowing of anything happening on the resort property. Where is the ice cream sundae party? "I don't know.." Can you tell me what time the kids balloon activities start, "I don't know".

At 3:30 a.m. what sounded like an airplane circling the resort was really a staff member with a powerwasher cleaning the sidewalks. AT 3:30 AM !!!
Of course the front desk knew nothing of this when asked.

Don't bother getting the "partial" maid service. We still do not know if she ever entered our room (!) even though the front desk swears by it.

Since it was a cold January we asked the front desk for some additional blankets. They never arrived.

The resort is being built and that really takes away from the ambience. Very loud noise from the construction guys. Call me when it is finished...maybe we will give you another chance.

You can never really get away from the highway noise....it just roars.

We recieved a call from a very nice woman one day telling us that she wanted to make sure we were having a nice stay. I assumed that our complaints had reached the managment but when I repeated some of them to her she did not understand. After a few more pleasantries from her telling us how concerned she was about us having a good time she then went into a scripted pitch about us coming down to an "owners reception/wine and cheese party". *SIGH*...a timeshare pitch ! I was mortified since she acted so concerned about our vacation stay but all she wanted was to schedule us for a tour.

The tours are everywhere !! Golf carts seem to be the favorite mode of transportation and they even park them in the guest handicap spots !
Beware the timeshare tours !

We wna to relax on our vacation and not worry about anything. Needles to say between the terrible staff services, resort construction, timeshare tours and sales pitches...we did NOT have a chance to relax.

Loved the Horizons

by TripAdvisor Member rnsnake

We stayed a week at the Horizons in the first part of December. We loved it! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to see that everyone was having fun. Having a security gate was a nice feature. The color scheme of the buildings was great. The pool area was by far our favorite. They have a pirate ship in the shallow end with several slides and water cannons. Even though our kids are in their late teens and early twenties, they all enjoyed the ship. The two large hot tubs were perfect. On site is another water feature area with dumping buckets and various sprayers for the little kids to enjoy. They have a mini golf area but we spent too much time at the theme parks to take advantage of it. Also there are ping pong tables, pool tables and a basketball court that is enclosed. All in the same area across from the main check-in bldg. The pool side grill was very good with music playing to keep the area festive. Our suite had two good sized bedrooms with two bathrooms. Plenty of seating for our family of five in the main kitchen/dining area. The sofa sleeper was actually comfortable to sleep on. Very nice decorating inside. The screened in deck was a great feature. We could see the Disney fireworks from it. Overall this was a very nice place to stay. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Orlando.

Kids paradise

This was our first time staying at Horizon's and it was very enjoyable, despite our early check in problem (room wasn't ready) which was corrected immediately - we would definitely stay here again. Our two children ages 4 & 5 loved the pirate's pool - they didn't want to get out of the pool! The rooms are spacious, clean with all the conveniences of home (washer/dryer, full kitchen, dvd players). If you want a nice place close to everything, this is the place to stay with kids, if you ware looking for a more quiter place I would recommend staying at one of their other properties!

Great experience

We are not owners here but our relatives are owners elsewhere and we used Interval International to trade into here. We chose it for the kid-friendly events and pool area.

Check in was easy and we were even able to get in 2 hrs early with no trouble. We stayed in Building 10 which is the one right by the construction but we weren’t really bothered by it even though it was right outside our window. Construction is everywhere! A whole waterpark area is being built along with a new building of condos.

Our condo was lovely! Probably older by standards of some brand-new condos but I assume this was one of the resorts’ originals while their actual owners get the new condos. But it was still very nice! One complaint was the exterior entrances. I know it’s just a design difference but it always gives me a motel feel! Inside- One room has a king bed with a shower inside the room and separate toilet room. The other bedroom has 2 queen (or full?) beds with a separate room tub/shower and toilet. The kitchen was fully stocked with utensils and was great. No spatula to flip pancakes much to our surprise but we made do. Washer/dryer was also adequate. Sofabed- we did not pull it out to sleep. I can only hope that it’s more comfortable to sleep on than sit because we could barely stand to sit there for 2 minutes! It was easily the most uncomfortable couch ever!

They do not offer internet which in this age just seems primitive! When I called them prior to check-in, they said they had dial-up which was at least suitable for my needs. After we were settled and I called the front desk to ask what the phone # was, after much discussion about what I meant, they established that they DO NOT have internet for in-room usage. If you have dial-up at home, you can use that number from the hotel phone. Or you can pay like 20-25 cents a minute to use a computer in the lobby.

Overall, good experience! We didn’t use the restaurant, housekeeping or anything extra to comment on. If we ever are able to use our relatives’ timeshare privileges again, I would consider trading to go there again!

Great For All Ages

by TripAdvisor Member jkrafty

We visited the Horizons February 2005, it was very quiet this time of year but the staff treated us like royalty. We traveled with our children and grandchildren. The pirate ship pool was a big hit and was warm enough to take a swim each night. The hot tubs were great and well needed after long days at the parks. The trolly goes right by the Horizons, we took this to one of the outlet malls one day and had a great time. The trolly goes right to Sea World so no need to drive and park the car. There was a large screen TV in our spacious two bedroom unit.

Goin' back for another week in Oct 2005!

It would be a 5 but for the construction noise. Two more bldgs are going up. Ask for bldg 12 or 13 if you don't want to hear any noise from I-4.

It is part of Marriott chain but a less expensive brand than other Marriotts in the area. Maid service is available (not sure of current fees) if you want. We have not used the service as we tidy as we go. There are sweepers in one of the closets.

We stay at Horizons for the space, 2 baths, large tv's and the full kitchen and the washer dryer. The villa was very clean when we arrived. The 47" tv was great. Having a w/d in the unit makes it much easier to pack. We brought a crock pot & made a roast w/ veggies. The leftovers were made into bbq later in the week.

The pirate pool is my girls favorite place to play. The turtle pool is just deep enough to get my youngest cool w/out the need of her life jacket. There are pirate associates who have activities planned throughout the day. There is also a kids nite out ages 5-12 (not sure of the cost as my kids are too young to go) where the kids have supervised activities along with dinner so parents can have time to themselves.

We had a great time and are really looking forward to our next week in Oct. 05.

GREAT RESORT FOR CHILDREN!!!

Our family stayed at Horizon's Orlando from August 21st - 28th. I still cannot believe how child friendly the resort is. The pools were outstanding... large water slide, pirate ship to play on, water park, etc. Each day the resort had multiple activities set-up for children of all ages. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Over and over we heard people say that their children did not want to leave the resort to go to Disney.. they'd rather stay and play at the resort. We had a great time!!

We loved it! and we are Not on staff!

I came on trip advisor to write a review for our second stay at Horizons. I was upset to see the posting that all positive feedback must be "staff ghost writers". We're from Massachusetts and in no way know anyone affiliated with Horizons or Marriott.

We heard no construction noise or I4 noise at all. Our unit was located next to the pool so that might have contributed to our hearing less noises not sure.

The only two issues we had were:
the drier lint assembly came off and we called the front desk. They sent someone in about an hour to fix it. It wasn't immediate but quick enough.
We experienced the same loud A/C units as others have complained about but we didn't find them so loud that we couldn't sleep.

The positives far outweighed the two minor issues. The kids absolutely loved the pool areas and didn't want to leave. They asked to go back to the pool the whole time we were at Disney and could have saved over $1k if we had known they would love it so much.

We chose the less expensive partial maid service and our beds were made daily and dirty towels removed and the rug vacuumed. Our maid came every day....not sure when because we were out but know she did because of the above being done. The kids spilled some chips on the floor and I was glad because it showed us they were vacuuming.

The kitchen was so convenient and since there was 7 of us in all it really saved a ton of money. They had everything we needed including a cork screw which we had bought with our wine just in case and then discovered it did have one in the drawer after all. It had plenty of cooking and serving dishes for all of us and the dishwasher was also VERY convenient for a quick dash out the door to beat the Disney lines in the morning and to not have to work when you come back exhausted from being at the park all day.

The rooms were very tastefully decorated and the kids loved their beds. The two bedrooms make it so nice for private time in the evening. The kids and the big kids (males) loved the big screen TV. The screened in balcony was lovely with a built in fan and light. You can sit out and listen to the festive music they play during evening events which end about 8:30 or 9pm. We never used the staff extensively but found them responsive to our needs and sufficient. The bar tenders were always nice and cheerful.

This is not an ultra luxury resort like some Marriotts that we have stayed at but it certainly is well kept, clean and has good family oriented amenities. If you are a middle to upper middle income family you will feel right at home....if you are an upper middle to higher income family you might feel more comfortable at the JW Marriott Resort...BUT your going to be stuck with your kids in a double bedded suite with slightly nicer ambience and better, more expensive food.....no more….all at a pretty price to boot! That is fine when it is just my husband and I, but way too stuffy and not enjoyable for our kids. I want my kids to enjoy themselves, not spend time minding all their manners and acting like adults on vacation.

dl.houston's new USA Page

by dl.houston

My name is DL. I am from Newport Beach, California. I currently work for the Marriott Vacation Club in Florida. I enjoy assisting people from all over the world with vacation ownership, Marriott style. Feel free to chat anytime during the business day. Keep travelling and have a great day. When is your next vacation?

2 teenage boys condo recommendation with lots to do Orlando

by lovessun

Travelling to Orlando with 2 teenaged boys looking for nice condo/resort that includes sports like ping pong/table tennis basketball swimming pool slides miniuture golf etc etc want food available ie: restaurants on site and good location to parks and convention center. Will be attending convention at Gaylord Palms but thought with what a room costs there we could get a nice condo and have a lot more room and activities available. It is hard when you find somewhere that sounds good like Marriott Horizon but then you read the reviews and some are good some are bad and have no idea how long ago people posted them.....HELP?!!!

by gv_Orlando

Hi. I have heard many good reviews about the Hilton Grand Vacation Club on International Drive (I-Drive). Check them out online and reviews at TripAdvisor. I'm not sure what the prices will be like when you will be here. You might also check out the Sheraton Vistana Villages-International Drive. I have been there a couple of times for conventions. It has a lot of amenities. There are lots of condo options near the Gaylord Palms. You can narrow your search to Kissimmee/Hwy 192 east of I-4 (Irlo Bronson Hwy.

by MissingWDW

I am not sure if you are looking for Orlando/Kissimmee area but Gaylord is near route 192. There are a lot of hotels along that area but if you are looking for condo's there is Windsor Palms. We stayed with Advantage Vacation Homes in Kissimmee and our kids loved it.

Good luck!

by bethmoran

I have been to Orlando (with 3 kids, 11,10 &2) every year for the past 3 years. With two teenage boys I would go with Sheraton Vistana Resort, has 7 pools, restaraunts and tons of things to do, the place is huge! if you stay there insist on a newer building (there are some older buidings there that look a little run down compared to the unit we stayed in which was pretty new)(I can't remember the building name). Also stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages, very nice although not as large, not as much to do, but kept our girls pretty entertained (we are actually staying there again in November cause we liked it so much. Also stayed at Hilton Grand Vacation Club Seaworld, loved that one too, had outdoor restaurant, pool ect, but not as much to do like Sheraton Vistana Resort. (It was great for our kids but they are a lot younger than yours) Hope this helps. (all three had 2 bedroom, kitchen, washer/dryer, patio)

by kd92337

Try looking at www.fvhbydaphne.com. Your boys will love the game rooms.

Comments