Nickelodeon Family Suites

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 79% more and rated 15% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• Buyer beware!

As a family of 5 we vacation about 1-3 times per year and have never had as many problems as we have with this resort. When we started the trek to our room, we learn the elevator was broken (was not disclosed to us upon check in), so lugging up 7 pieces of luggage up 5 stories no fun. To their credit, they offered us an upgrade in another location of the resort when we complained, but this was 2 hrs after we checked in and were already unpacked -- we were told it would be repaired the following day and it was not). Also discovered thermostat not working, and mold growing in the ice bucket. Iron was broken and there was no ironing board. There was no hot water for showering the following a.m. (we were told to run the water for 15-20 minutes to warm things up, but not practical when we're under the gun to catch an early morning shuttle bus to the parks). When the change making machine in the arcade area ate my son's $5 bill, they at first refused to refund it, insinuating that he was lying. On the last day we were there the weather was nice enough to go for a swim and the pool staff gave my husband a hard time b/c his wrist band was intact, but faded and they were RUDE, RUDE, RUDE. This place has the potential to be a 5-star resort, but has limited staff and fewer resources. For all of the problems we encountered when we complained (v. respectfully), we were offered a free toothbrush and a late check-out on our last day. They never made it right therefore we will not be returning.

Unique Quality: The highlight and only redeeming quality of this resort was the dining experience and staff. Awesome burgers, casual dining, fancier selections, great character breakfast and the chef (CHRIS the chef, you are the MAN and made our stay tolerable because of your kindness and hospitality!) regularly circulated the dining areas to make sure everyone was having a great experience. All of the menu items were very reasonably priced, especially the kids' selections (starting at $4, very nice).

• Exactly What You'd Expect

The name says it all. The suite was pretty pedestrian (and I would guess will quickly get pretty rundown), although the kids loved all the Nick themes (we had a Jimmy Neutron suite). Pool was really pretty good, with plenty of things that squirt and slide and splash. On-site food was mediocre. Plenty of on-site activities - everything in the studio is worth going to. I don't think you could be closer to Disney unless you stayed at Disney.

Unique Quality: Nick theme is fun and it's pretty well done. It was relatively new when we went (Oct 2006), and you just got the sense that it would not wear well. I'm curious to see it in 3 years.

Directions: Near Disney

• Designerartgirl's Profile Photo

Nickelodeon Hotel - By Holiday Inn

I stayed at the nickelodeon hotel with a friend of mine for around 5 days, and the service there was pretty good. Namely a family hotel, you can get a variety of suites, single room for the couples, 2 bedrooms for families and even three bedroom suites which sleeps more than 4. The bedrooms themselves are uniquely designed. A master bedroom with a more mature decor and then the childrens room which has a variety of "nick toons" all over the walls. I believe you can specifically request to have a room with "spongebob squarepants" on if you so wish.

Each room has a tv with lots of channels, and the childrens room even has a PS2, and games can be rented from reception of the hotel.

The maid comes everyday and makes the bed, cleans the rooms and brings in fresh towels and linins.

Unique Quality: In the complex the entire resort has 2 massive pools which are full during the day but dont let this spoil the fun, as it is still worth the visit. At selected times of the day, poolside games are run by the staff for both adults and kids and this always draws a crowd. From being covered in "pies" or waterballoons its a lot of fun to both participate and watch. The nick photographer is always around so if you were in the fun, there'll be photos for you to buy.

Each pool has a number of "slides" and a couple of hot tubs in which to sit and relax in.

Other activities include basketball courts (balls provided in daylight hours) and mini golf. In the afternoon and evening you can also go into the studio and watch nick being filmed which is usually full, so go early to get seats.

• stopatnothin's Profile Photo

Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick , Nick , Nick..

The former Holiday Inn Family Suites is now the Nickolodeon Family Suites with Spongebob being just one of the characters you will encounter.
    This is a hot seller and a great alternative to on site Disney or Universal hotels and fully operational by Memorial weekend.

Unique Quality: They offer your basic rooms, to kids suites to 3 bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens.
    Best of all, 4 children can eat free per paying adult, this is unheard of people, fantastic!

Also there is a fantastic little waterpark action with slides, a sandbox and a huge bucket that fills up maybe every 30 minutes and dumps water on unsuspecting heads.

More about Nickelodeon Family Suites

Nick Hotel ROCKS!

by TripAdvisor Member brokayla

My kids and I have stayed at NIck Hotel several times.

My daughter spent her 10th Birthday there last year, going back this week for her 11th. My youngest just spent 3 days for her 7th Birthday.

From check in to check out everything is always wonderful. There are SO MANY things going on you are never bored. The kids love checking in and getting their wristbands, they feel important.

For the birthdays you get a birthday button that has your name and age on it. EVERY staff member says happy birthday. By the end of the 3 days most of them knew my daughter by her name without the button.

I would recommend doing the extra parties... The club slime party is a blast and the kids all get take home a bottle of slime and a club slime shirt. At the bikini bottom bash they get a spongebob CD and a drawstring bag...

I also recommend the 4D wrist bands too, the shows are great..My kids like the log ride the best..The clubhouse is a little scary for the little ones.

How can I forget the shows, they are funny and encourage audience participation.

If you have kids this place is where to stay..You dont really have to go to the theme parks there are enough things to do to keep you busy for a good 3 days on site.

The Best Time EVER!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jfizz22

I cant believe more people havent reviewed this hotel. We just came back today from a 5 day stay at Nickelodeon Hotel. It was literally the best time my 2 kids (age 5 & 3), husband and I have ever had together. There was so much to do we never actually went to any of the theme parks, which saved us a ton of money. All my kids wanted to do was swim at the pool (heated very nicely I might add) hang out in the mall/arcade and go to the nightly shows. Im not one for hokey entertainment and I thought the Studio Nick shows were alot of fun. The ones we went to were game show types and were high energy with great performers. I liked them more than my kids did (probably because i always wanted to be on Double Dare when I was younger). The entertainment at the pool was just as fun. The rooms were great and very clean. Just the perfect size. My kids loved having the Dora room with the bunk beds and watching TV on their own flat screen. The king size bed was really comfortable, it was probably the best nights sleep ive had in a while. Even the food was really good and fairly priced considering the kids were free most of the time. I was especially fond of the signature drinks that change daily at the pool. I really didnt have one complaint, it was truly a fun time.

Great experience!

by TripAdvisor Member apm227

Just got back from 6 nights at Nick Hotel. Traveled with two children ages 14 and 8, both had a great time. There is plenty to do at the hotel, prices were reasonable and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Night time Slime party was a lot of fun and so were the poolside activities. There was always something to do. Even the food was good. If you are going to the theme parks, leave plenty of time to do some of the activities at the hotel and enjoy the pools. We could have easily stayed a few more days and kept busy. It was a great trip with our children and we have lots of great memories and pictures!!!

Loved every minute of it!!

by TripAdvisor Member luv2goplush

When we arrived at the Nick Hotel we were automatically upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite which included the character room with bunk beds. We also received a $50 resort credit!! Hotel staff was great, but the wait in line to check-in took forever and it wasn't a very busy time of year. This hotel is amazing!! The slides, putt-putt golf, basketball courts, 2-pools, arcades, food court....we enjoyed it all. They also have karaoke and a nick at nite show that the kids get to participate in. On the last day there Sponge-Bob was walking around and took pictures with the kids. The beds are great with extra pillows and my son didn't want to leave his Danny Phantom room!!

Okay, but not the best

by TripAdvisor Member Myas

We stayed 7 days during the last week in January. Service was pretty good. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite; one bedroom with a king bed and another with bunk beds. It was a little difficult to convince our 3 & 1/2 year old that he couldn't sleep in the top bunk (per the hotel's rules - top bunk for 6 year olds and up) but to our relief he complied. FYI: the ladder to the top bunk (at least in our suite) was fixed, so you couldn't move it to detract little ones from going up. Believe me, I tried! So it's something to think about if you have strong-willed kids under 6 who are determined to climb up the ladder to the top bunk. The suite itself was clean but seemed a little old. Housekeeping was fine but left a little to be desired. For example, we got ice for our ice bucket one evening. The next day, when we returned to our suite after a day out, I noticed that the bucket was not replaced with an empty, clean one. In fact, it was never replaced! If you're expecting decent bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, lotion), bring your own. They do provide soap and shampoo, but they weren't very good quality. I'm glad I brought my own travel-sized amenities. A staff member at guest services told us that the hotel was no longer owned by Holiday Inn but is in the process of being acquired by Marriott. Not sure how accurate that is. Also, the Lagoon pool was closed the entire week we were there for a scheduled maintenance. We knew that going in because I checked the website regularly, so that's something to consider (scheduled closings for anything) when planning a trip during the off-season or colder months. My husband and son loved the Oasis pool, however, and the cabana rental was a fantastic option which we took advantage of a few times. They also enjoyed the arcade which we visited a few times. However, we're glad we ventured out to Disney and SeaWorld because we needed a change of pace from the hotel, considering we stayed at the hotel for 7 days. The hotel is very convienently located near Disney and not too far from SeaWorld (15 min). If you get sick of the hotel food (and the cost, which can get pricey), which we did, there are nearby restaurants, especially breakfast places. However, you'll need a rental car to get around for that. The Character Breakfast was a huge hit with our son, and the breakfast itself was surprisingly impressive. The regular daily breakfast buffet, if they have it, is okay but nothing great. For around $11-12/person, it wasn't too bad though. However, our biggest beef with the daily breakfast was that the 2nd day into our stay, the hotel decided to close it down due to low-demand and low-occupancy. Okay, fine, but that was not communicated to the hotel guests. So, when we went to breakfast we were told there was only one breakfast available, the Character Breakfast, for a reduced cost of $17 (regular cost of the Character Breakfast was $20/person and $11/child). Wow, what a deal. We weren't about to pay $30 + for breakfast, so that's when we took our rental car and discovered other breakfast places like IHOP, Perkins, Panera Bread, Denny's, McDonald's, etc. Overall, it was a fun experience. However, we'd probably stay somewhere else before going back to the Nick Hotel.

NickelodeonNickelodeon

Nick Hotel Birthdays

by NJFLMom

Hello, I'm a Mom from NJ and I have a son with a 5th birthday coming up. Has anyone taken advantage of Nick Hotel's "Best Birthday Present Ever!" promotion? My son LOVES Nickelodeon and I really think this would be a great gift for him. Thanks!

Comments