Oasis Lakes Resorts

12400 S International Dr, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States
Otel.com

More about Orlando

Interior with totemInterior with totem

At the Caribbean Coral ReefAt the Caribbean Coral Reef

E.T...E.T...

Steak Sanger & chipsSteak Sanger & chips

Alternative restaurants to ryans

by carniejim

Been about 3 years since we were last in Orlando and used to eat at Ryans ( Whistle Junction) restaurants in International Drive area and out in St Cloud but believe both are long gone. Is there any alternatives that you can suggest? Am aware of the Golden Corral, Sizzlers etc but really looking for something as close to Ryans style (all U can eat steak in particular)as we can get.

Any suggestions gratefully received as we are going over in about 4 weeks

by sueboxmoor

If you're looking for all you can eat steak restaurants your might want to try either Texas de Brazil or Nelore both on I-Drive. They're both churrascarria restaurants with an all you can eat steak and buffet. Not cheap, but very good quality - they're around $39 but if you sign up to their email club and your birthday/anniversary falls at the time you expect to dine there, you may well get a coupon for two for one meals. We go to Orlando at least twice a year and always go!

by carniejim

Thanks = will certainly give them a go.

by Michael_D

Ryans "quality" is so low that they have been closing stores right and left in the Orlando area. Golden Corral is opening new restaurants locally/nationally and has great all u can eat steak that is several times better than anything ive ever gotten at Ryans.

by Michael_D

What I mean is..maybe you should give GC another try;-)

Hi

Sorry to take so long to reply but afraid we have been our vacation and just got back. Sad to say we did try Golden Corral (both on 192 and at Buena Vista) and on each occasion at least one memeber of the family was sick at both ends (if you get our meaning) Will never go back to GC but instead found some great steakhouses (not all you can eat) but with portions so large we never did finish them. Steak houses su chas Smokey Bones, Longhorn etc. Thanks to all that replied

Travel Tips for Orlando

Universal Studios

by Moondusted

I have a lot of fond memories here because I have family here. In 1997 I went to Universal Studios for the first time. I've been back 4 times since. You have to check out Halloween Horror Nights. It's way cool!

MGM Studios Map

5. Star Tours
6. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
7. Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour
8 Beauty and the Beast-Live on Stage
9. Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular!
10.Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme
11.Playhouse Disney-Live on Stage!
12. Voyage of the Little Mermaid
13. Who Wants to be a Millionare- Play It!
14. “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”- Movie Set
21. The Magic of Disney Animation
22. Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream

Message to Tourists from Europe

by erinki

As an American who has travelled to the UK and continental Europe I understand that the custom of tipping is seldom put into action due to superior wages for certain workers (ie: waitrs/waitresses, bell hops, etc) outsideof America. Although this may seem like an expected taking of your hard earned money you must stop and crunch the numbers, then compare the services rendered to those you receive in your home countries. A fast food meal for two people with no special menu extras cost me $40 in the UK!! First the exchange rate is VERY generous and some people from the UK and Europe even travel to the States to purchase Christmas gifts in the winter season just because the generous exchnage rate makes the trip worth it. So I know that a simple meal at a local Orlando diner plus a standard 15-20% tip still is much cheaper then your meals purchased at home. Perhaps it was my unfortunate experience or the fact that I was used to superior waiting service back in the States but on several trips I've taken abroad I found waiting staff treating me as if they were doing me a favor by even talking to me, and sure took their time with my every request. I figure it all evens out, bt by all means dont feel obligated to tip when it isnt warranted even if you go to a place were gratuity is automatically added to the bill you are welcome to speak to a manager and explain why you feel the person serving you doesn't deserve a tip and it will be taken off the bill and perhaps a little something extra as well for your trouble. Orlando thrives on tourism and truly enjoys serving you in any way it can but weigh the differences before you jump to the conclusion that your being bamboozled.

What to Wear Throughout the Year

by misstina87

Although Florida doesn't experience all 4 seasons like northern states do, it still gets cold. In the summer months, it gets hot. Some days are humid while most days are just hot but bearable. This changes every year however. I've noticed that this year, it's far less humid than it was last year. If you plan on being outdoors a lot, shorts, short sleeve shirts, and sandals/flip flops will do. I'd also suggest bringing sunglasses and possibly a hat. Bring a sweater and an umbrella as well because it rains nearly everyday in the summer. Autumn months and spring months are cooler and most locals can get away with wearing jeans everyday. Believe it or not, it does get cold in the winter months especially in the mornings and evenings. I lived in Massachusetts for 16 years and I know what cold is. Think you can handle the Florida cold? Think again. Definitely bring a sweater with you if you plan on vacationing in December or January. If you're like me and you burn in 5 minutes when exposed to the sun, bring sunblock and aloe in case you do burn. Believe me, the physical pain of sunburns will ruin your vacation.

Hidden Mickeys?!

by cjg1

I had no idea what a Hidden Mickey was until Liz. Hidden Mickeys are the shape of Mickeys' head and are used in decoration throughout the parks and hotels. It can be as obvious as Mickeys head on fabric or a topiary shaped like him or hidden in the background of a tapestry or painting. According to Liz there are so many Hidden Mickeys that there is no official count. She pointed out a bunch of them to me as we wandered throughout the Disney properties.

Comments