Omni Orlando Resort Championsgate

Omni Orlando Resort at Championsgate
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Omni Orlando Resort Championsgate

Classy hotel-doesnt feel like your in Orlando

My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights on vacation. Its right off the exit about 5 miles past Disney so the location is good. I read some reviews that said it took a long time to get to the disney area from here and I couldnt understand why that was, maybe it was more traffic when they went. When your at the hotel you dont feel like your even in Orlando it has a resort type feel. We didnt check in until very late the first night and I asked for a high floor balcony room with a pool view. We got a 6th floor room with a balcony but were on the farthest corner room of the entire hotel. So we had a view of the golf course and pool from very far away. My boyfriend said we had a view of nothing lol but at least we got the balcony. I am an Omni select Guest member which is free to join and I did so a couple days before going just to get the free perks which includes 2 complimentary beverages in the morning and a 5pm late checkout, room preferences saved, free newspaper, which is nice.(Tip:Its good to join these free clubs so you get the extra perks for being a select member). The second morning we ordered the two drinks(OJ and hot chocolate) and room service only brought up one juice. We told them were a select guest and he asked my boyfriend if we had the card which I didnt so he just said hed check on it and come back. So he came back with not one but two hot chocolates which was nice. Then later in the day they sent up a fruit basket with a note telling us if theres anything they can do to make our stay better let them know. That was nice. The room was nicely decorated and pretty bathroom. We never got around to using the pool and either spent the time in the room or away shopping or at Pleasure Island. However I usually stay in nice or luxury hotels because its my prefrence and this one got high marks in my opinion. I know a nice hotel when I stay in one and this one falls in that category. The only thing I would've enjoyed is if we had got a little better view but since we checked in late there weren't any left. Overall though its a nice and quiet property with many pretty touches. Id recommend it if your looking for a resort type hotel and dont want to feel like your engulfed in disney everywhere.

Fantastic Hotel for Disney stays

by TripAdvisor Member Valerie022

We are on night 3 of a 4 night stay here, and I must say, I am amazed at some of the past reviews here, because we are lovin it. The property is absolutely beautiful and everything is new. We are in a Premium King room which is plenty big. We got a special rate of $140 from Priceline and we feel like we hit the jackpot being here. Our 6 year old son has met plenty of friends and we all love the Lazy River pool, and the restaurants. The kids menu is the same at all restaurants and the price and quality cannot be beat. Also, they make the kids feel special when they arrive by giving them a gift bag that includes a plastic drink cup that can be refilled with anything they want for the whole stay, FREE! Yes, this place makes it's money on conferences, so if you can't stand seeing business people then stay away. They closed the family pool early one night but we were still able to use the huge picturesque main pool and the lazy river. Why would someone be bent out of shape about that?! We drive our own car to The Magic Kingdom. Takes 12-15 minutes and costs $8 to park. We like the flexibility of leaving the park when we want to leave. And so far we start out early (get there 30 minutes before the park opens) and come back to the hotel around 2:30 to enjoy the amenities. We hope to try the nine hole chip and putt before we leave. The shops are also real great here, and hard to resist buying the resortwear. If we could get anywhere near this deal closer to the parks, of course it would be better, but trust me, you can't. So why cram the family into a Pop Star Resort room for even more money?!! As we see it, vacations are for families, not just children. And anyone who thinks that kids under 12 can stand more than about 6 hours per day at any park is not thinking about the kids. So......stay longer, and diversify the day. There's nothing like floating on an inner tube down a lazy river after a day at the park. One other thing, the staff has fallen all over us so I can't understand any negative comments about that either. We have stayed at Four Seasons (this is not) and we stay at dumps in Tallahassee for FSU football games, so I think we are pretty well traveled. Cleanliness, good service, fun amenities, convenient location........that's all we expected and we got it!

Awsome Memorial Weekend

I will make this very simple, I've stayed in every category of hotel from Ritz Carlton to Motel 6. I know my way around a hotel. The Omni Championsgate was awsome. Just got back from 3 nights over Memorial Weekend with my husband. The first 2 nights was without the kid, the 3rd night with. We pursuaded friends to join us. The service was unbelievable. Everyone was bending over backwards to accomodate us. I thought maybe since it was a new hotel, they might not have the kinks worked out, but they definitely did! I find it hard to believe that a reviewer thought they didn't cater to kids. We were there as a couple, and as a family, and both experiences were great. Kids menu great, and available in every restaurant. Ate at all the restaurants and though it is a touch pricey, (not really for a hotel of this status) food is above average and plentiful. Seabass at Trevi's was wonderful. Breakfast buffet was really worth the price. Singapore Noodles and Sushi were amazing at Zen's. You MUST MUST MUST MUST get a poolside cabana. Great Great service there. The staff at this hotel are wanting to please the guest so much, that on our last night there, we called the hotel manager on duty and asked if they would give us use of the parlor suite attached to our friends room (we explained that we wanted to lay the kids down in one room and party in the next, and we weren't staying on the same floor). The key to the parlor room was delivered to us about 6 minutes later, at NO CHARGE! This made our entire night and stay. I forget the managers name (she's Hungarian), but she is definetly awsome. We live in Tampa and will definitely go back to this hotel alot. Fl. Resident rate is always 119.00 a night.

#1 in our book

by TripAdvisor Member mdhome

We stayed in March and got a great rate through AAA; in fact, the best rate offered in comparison to all the hotels in kissimmee, downtown disney, international drive, etc.. I was leary about the distance to the parks at first but it completely dissolved after we all pulled up front of this hotel--In a word AWESOME!!!! Our children are all 17 and over so distance really wasn't issue but it still only took about 15min to parks. We used their shuttle service which was perfect and accompanied by great friendly drivers. The pool area is gorgeous--everywhere. There's a outside grill, pool table, 2 hot tubs, slide, etc... We reccommend booking a cabana for the day--we got one for 30 @ 12:30 (discount after 12p)--your waited on constantly (moms will love that), there's a TV, small fridge with free water and soda, you get free fruit plate (fed 4 of us), privacy when you want,, it's just worth it-the free beverages alone cover for the cost since their $3 a piece normally. If one pool closes (which didnt happen to us) it won't affect anything; the other pools are too nice to allow that to happen.. Rooms are sufficient and bigger than some of disney's. The place was really clean without any threat of mildew or must which is the main reason for picking this place to stay (son has asthma sensitive to just about everything); therefore, air quality is great. Small kids love the kids indoor camp (I wish they would let us in, looks like fun) and there's a video room open all night.. The one thing we loved most was the fact you can stay up and wonder around and just admire the property and facilties without someone teeling you you can't do that cause its too late. We like to use every single minute on vacation. The workout room is really nice and open 24h. It's just a perfect place for all---And the only place where parents can really enjoy a place to relax after a day at the parks..I wish a place like this was around when our children were smaller. There's just so much to do and enjoy here. Oh, the stores are only a 10min. walk if you desire to wonder off. GREAT HOTEL AND STAFF--DON'T WORRY, IT'S WONDERFUL!!! Join AAA and get a great rate not beaten by anyone, person, or search engine..

Is six stars possible?

by TripAdvisor Member rvhacker

There will be only one negative comment in this review, and that is I didn't want to leave. Everything else was fantastic! We spent five days there over the Memorial Day weekend.The staff was friendly, some even went out of their way to say hello. There was always someone around to see to any need that we had. The hotel and grounds were immaculate and the rooms were spotless. The pool and lazy river were a welcome diversion. There are two golf courses on site and a shuttle at your disposal to bring you there if the urge arises. The best part was that there were no traffic jams on I-4 at any of the times we traveled it and, if you can believe it, no one at the Magic Kingdom on the Friday night of Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is situated about five miles from Disney in a semi-secluded area.However, there is a Mcdonald's, a Walgreens and a small strip mall with a Publix right outside the main entrance of the hotel.We didnt eat at any of the hotel eateries, but we did overhear people talking about how good they were. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Comments