Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel

6825 Visitor's Circle, (formerly Riande Continental Plaza), Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 22% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

More about Orlando Continental Plaza Hotel

love staying on international drive

by TripAdvisor Member jacksonsdunblane

this was my 8th time in orlando. 4th time staying on international drive. usually stayed at the quality inn next to big mcdonalds. thought we would try somewhere different this year. booked into the orlando continental plaza because good price as our family had expanded. hotel rooms very similar to our previous hotels. rooms cleaned everyday and new towels also. only one thing wrong pool to small. our 4 boys aged 10,3 and twins aged 18 months greatly enjoyed their holiday and we are booked up already for next year. cant wait we just love florida.

Good Hotel... Avoid guests services desk!!!

by TripAdvisor Member monicaenid

Hello! My family and I just returned from a 10-day stay at Orlando Continental Plaza hotel. Location was great; front desk staff members Shervad and the guy that works at night (sorry but I can't recall his name) were very polite and helpful; room was clean... Overall it was a good experience and we would likely return to your property for it's price and location.

The one thing that we would absolutely avoid is the "guest services" desk, which is more like your "I-just-won't-provide-any-service" desk. The co-owner or manager of Abner Tours called Nitza is the most unprofessional and rude person I've ever met! She almost ruined our entire vacation!

1. My daughter and her fiancee arrived a day earlier and wanted to make arrangements to visit the Animal Kingdom park so upon their arrival they approached the "guest services" desk to pay for their transportation for the next day. At the time they were told by an employee that their reservation for 8:30am was confirmed and that the have to pay the next day. When they went to pay the morning after, Nitza told them that all services had to be paid at least the day before so she could only that them at 8:50am which turned out to be 9:40am. So we start off with misinformed staff...

2. The rest of our family and I had prearranged airport-hotels transfers with this company as well. After we got our luggage we waited for over 30 mins. for our driver to arrive. Did I mentioned that our party included three children ages 10, 6
& 4?

3. So maybe we are masochists because we went ahead and book a round trip transfer to Arabian Nights (which we paid in full before departing to the show). Since the show ended around 10:00pm we ask for a 10:20pm pick up... and so it was 11:00pm and my family and I were standing at an empty parking lot with our three children and I called Nitza to ask were our driver was and she just said that she couldn't reach him and that we just had to wait and then hung up on me. I called her back explaining that we had children with us and that this was unacceptable specially for a service we had already paid for. She yelled at me over the phone and said that if we didn't like it they just wouldn't provide any more services to us; like we wanted deal with people like this again!!! Give me a break!!! The security of Arabian Nights had no other choice but to call us a cab. We got to the hotel around 11:30pm just to find the driver that was supposed to pick us up right next to the "guest services" desk!!! I talked to the person in the front desk and he was very nice and polite and explained me that Abner Tours was separate from the hotel but he suggested that I could talk to the hotel manager in the morning. I opted not to talk to the hotel manager since my daughter informed that when she had her transportation problem she talked to him and he simply said that he couldn't do anything (very narrow-minded for a hotel manager, don't you think?) That morning we had to get in a cab at 4:00am and go to a hospital because being out in the open at night affected one of our children and he got asthma. Sounds like your dream vacation, right?!?!

For thansportation purposes the I Ride Trolley is a great way to save money or just ask the front desk for the number of Brazilian taxi drivers (CBC) which are inexpensive, professional, punctual and reliable.

A lot of restaurant in walking distance. Walgreens is across the street. So is Wet n' Wild and the Lynx bus stop to and from the airport (just $1.50).

Breakfast is OK since it's free for EVERYONE in the room (we had 4 people ea. room and no problem). We got the best rate trough the hotel website $39.00 per night.

It's not the Ritz but you can save a lot and use your money for other things like the Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure express pass ($31.00 both parks, $26.00 one park) definetly worth it.

We got great ticket prices at the Undercover tourist website.

Try the VIP vouchers for Planet Hollywood

Just avoid the guest services desk and have a good time!!!

What A Dump!!! Avoid Like the Plague!!

by TripAdvisor Member Robboarsenal

This is the 3rd time I have been to Florida and the 1st ...and last time I will stay at the Orlando Continental!!
My party was 5 adults and the room did have two double beds which was fine, but my 16 yr old son had to sleep on a rollaway camp style bed with his legs hanging off the edge!!
The air con, was up the creek and was either too hot or too cold and very very noisy! Every day when we came back to the room after visiting the theme parks the walls were wet, all our clothes were wet and the beds were wet!
Our view from the room window was a blank wall and therefore the room was always dark.

The free breakfast in the morning was a joke, with a free for all for the toast, fighting for seating and a real cattle market. The pool was very small and you could not swing a cat in the games room (I use the term 'games' loosely) because the room is about 6ft by 4ft!).

To be fair the only 'good' point with this hotel is the location. It is right on International Drive and takes about 30 seconds to get to wet n wild so you can walk there and save on parking.

I ended up staying one extra night in florida, so I stayed in the Holiday Inn which is also on International Drive, about 500m up the road. What a pleasure! I thought I was in Heaven!!

In conclusion, I would say, only stay here if you really really really don't mind the quality of the hotel and want a cheap hotel to rest your head at night.

wingates holiday

by TripAdvisor Member winny1953

found this hotel to be very good .rooms are cleaned every day. linen is changed at your request.although dated the hotel is clean staff are exellent.friendly and helpful.this hotel also caters for the south american travelm industery so there is a great mix of nationalities staying there. we would return there anytime.

AWFUL!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member TracyEastMidlands

My husband and I were due to stay at this hotel for 15 nights. We had looked into the hotel and the reviews beforehand and felt that it would do us nicely as we had a car and didn't intend spending very much time there apart from sleeping.

We were really disappointed with the standard of the whole place. The rooms were very dated, tatty and falling to pieces. The bathroom was very old and not very clean, the smell was also not very pleasant.

We stuck it for a week and then checked into a hotel further down the road for the remaining 8 nights. We were so pleased we did and it was as if our holiday started all over again!

We have stayed on International Drive before, the Holiday Inn and would definately pay the bit extra next time rather than risk something like this again!!

Still can't decide whether it was good or not ??

by TripAdvisor Member burnyuk

I got a great deal with 1st choice so I knew the hotel wouldn't be anything to write home about.... however... the smell wasn't great... the air conditioning unit was stupidly noisy and made me want to scream. The staff were friendly but the age/out dated interior of the rooms as well as the dirtiness of the bathroom didn't inspire confidence.

The steps to the hotel were also outdated and dirty.

It's improved since some of the other reviews!

by TripAdvisor Member Shark-E

Just returned from a 2 week stay at this property which turned out to be better than we expected after reading some of the reviews posted here....

On arrival, the helpful lady at check-in explained that some rooms were still in the process of re-modelling but she put our two couples in connecting rooms on the third floor. (Great view across to Islands of Adventure!) Although we were above the main car park, we didn't suffer from any noise.

Our air conditioner was working perfectly - not sounding like a rattling bin - and had a sign on it advising guests to leave it on during the day to prevent dampness and odours in the room. Perhaps a response to earlier comments about musty smells in certain rooms?

The exterior parts of the building seem to have been recently re-painted and were clean and well maintained. The rooms were on the whole clean and well presented, but the bathrooms were of the "generic plastic shower enclosure with mixer taps and shower head" that you see in many of the Florida hotels. They were dated, but functional and cleaned daily. Although we were in a non-smoking room we had a cigarette burn in the floor by the toilet which is not really the hotel's fault - some inconsiderate A-hole who couldn't walk a few steps on to the balcony...
Extra pillows, towels and irons were available from the front desk at no cost and were logged so you could keep them for the duration of your stay without the maid removing them every morning.

We didn't use Abner Travel - the notorious lobby company - as they were of the "2 Disney tickets for $50 if you visit our time-share presentation" style that you see all up and down I-Drive.
I don't know if they are involved in the free park shuttle that this hotel offers, but we tried it once to go to Universal and gave up waiting when it was over half an hour late for the pick-up time. We took a cab that morning so that we could see the route and walked it the next day. An easy 15 minute walk takes you into the pedestrian area of Universal Citywalk. HOWEVER groups with young children should be aware that you will be walking alongside a fairly busy 6 lane road for much of it, so it may not be suitable.

Great location opposite Wet and Wild, 15 minute walk to Unversal, 5 minutes to Denny's or Ponderosa for the $4 buffet. Walgreens is opposite for drinks, snacks and all the stuff you forgot to pack...! A good hotel for the price you are paying - don't expect Hilton or Disney quality and you'll get along fine here!!!!

much worse than expected

by TripAdvisor Member stkholdings

Hi,
just got back today from our 2 week holiday had a fantastic time again, will never stop going we love it. But look we don't mind doing cheap and cheerful and we never expect to much for our money but we had a bad experience at this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone, first of all checked in with a very nice lady, got to the room smelt a bit damp with a few damp patch's on the ceiling, new bedding and new towels though and fairly clean room so we were ok, went to bed early and were woken in the night by very loud music but we tried to sleep through it as we thought it was a car stereo, asked at reception next day she didn't know why security hadn't sorted it out and she told us to report it to security if it happened again so felt ok about it. Went out for the day, came back to find half the carpet in our room sopping wet so we moved room. Went out for the evening came back to this very loud music again it was that bad that the door handle to our room vibrated to the bass, went straight to reception to complain and was then told it was the nightclub next door, but it was only open 4 nights a week, great one, next morning we checked out. I doesn't seem like everyone gets this experience but if someone had told me this i wouldn't have risked it.

Great location, better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member seetheworld74

Visited here as part of a Firstchoice package in Sep 07 and was a little dubious after reading some of the reviews.

However was pleasantly surprised. Ok so the hotel is nothing spectacular but you get a large room with 2 kingsize beds, ensuite bath and shower, TV and fridge. Yes it could do with some bleach around the bathroom, but for the whole flight and hotel for 2 weeks costing £350 what more can you expect!

The basis we booked on was room only however the hotel provides a complimentary breakfast of toast, cereals and waffles should you wish to particpate - however there is only so many waffles that you can take in 2 weeks, so prepare to go elsewhere after a few days!

The location of this hotel is great, just of International Drive with a tram stop around the corner if using the I-Tram, and opposite Wet and Wild. There are plenty of food places within walking distance and a supermarket a couple of minutes away. As its just off I-Drive, it is a quieter location than some on the main I-Drive.

Would recommend as a basis to explore Orlando especially if you dont have a car hired. We did have a car and went off to Everglades and the Keys for a week during our stay and the hotel was great, ensuring that all our belongings were kept safe and our room was still cleaned.

On returning home I realised I had left my camera charger behind, so emailed the hotel, but not expecting much. Great response and they have posted it back to me free of charge!

not bad at all

by TripAdvisor Member simmy67

Basic, but perfectly adequate. Very friendly reception staff & when checking out no hidden charges like other hotels I have stayed in on Int Drive. You get what you pay for so don't expect the Ritz for this price but is fine for use as a base for the surrounding amenities, you really couldnt ask for a better location.. The free breakfasts can get a little busy but we just used it when we were up pretty early for the theme parks - then it was ideal. The pool is not very good but with Wet & Wild just across the road it's no problem, also Universal is just a 15-20 minute walk aswell. Room was kept clean, I really wouldnt hesitate to return here .

space shuttle atlantisspace shuttle atlantis

Alex in Minnie's living roomAlex in Minnie's living room

st. andrews tavernst. andrews tavern

Dueling DragonsDueling Dragons

State Park with a water park

by jimkpa

Hello, Spending next week in Kissammee area and besides visits to both coast's beaches and a canoe day at Wakiwa State Park I want to take kids to a water park but don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for all 5 of us. Is there any State Parks that also have a water park/Wet Zone/ kids water activity or large public pool with that kind of water kid play zone type of thing?
Thanks Jim

by jethanand

Since you most probably will have a car, you are within driving dstance of the greatest water parks of all, the Atlantic Ocean on the East coast and Gulf of Mexico on the West side

Additionally, many state parks, campgrounds and hotels have swimming pools and water activities for kids

I would simply get a map (off google or such) and mark the state parks around Kissimee

by jimkpa

The greatest water parks of all comment made me smile. I agree with you. We always take a day on each coast's shore. Three years ago it was Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel and Daytona. Last year we did Maderia Beach on the Gulf and Melbore on the Atlantic. We hit a stormy day at Melborne but the mainland town had a great shopping strolling street.
This year we want to try Clearwater Beach and Cocoa Beach. : ) I'll do that state park research through their website, just wanted local's opinions Thanks again for your comment.
Jim

by jimkpa

Well, we're back. I saw Donna's post too late but will check that for next time, Thanks. We went to Clearwater Beach and Cocoa Beach and besides a little too much sun for my wife and daughter, we had a wonderful time. We had perfect sunny days but after supper in Clearwater we went out to the end of Pier 60 and had to make the run for the van because of a fast moving storm coming in from the Gulf : ) All the vendors were frantically packing up, it was exciting and fun.
We went to Wekiwa State Park and for 5 dollars park admission for the whole vehicle and 30 dollars for two canoes we had a GREAT Memorial Day. We saw alligators and got to swim in the 72 degree spring water. Next Florida trip I will visit more State Parks. Lots to do and not expensive for a family, very relaxing.

Comments