Orlando Metropolitan Resort

Average Value

Costs Less but Rated Lower than similar hotels

See Hotels with Better Ratings

Disgusting- See My PICTURES

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 29, 2013

I booked 4 nights at the Metropolitan Resort Orlando-International Drive, 8444 Austrian Ct, Orlando, FL 32819 (Phone: 407-581-2000). I reserved a king suite for 4 nights. Upon arriving, I knew this hotel was certainly not up to my standards or what I consider a 3-Star Resort hotel to be. I have attached just a few pics to show you what the room looked like at my arrival.

The lobby was dirty. The front desk clerk was a man wearing a wrinkled button up shirt who told me that their system was down and had no way of knowing which room he could put me in. He then, took my cc information on a piece of paper just in case there were any additional charges that needed to be made upon our departure. I know that is standard process for hotels to take cc information, but not hand-written on a piece of paper and then placed on the front desk (which is easily accessible to anyone walking by). It would have been extremely easy for someone to pick up that stack of papers of mine and all the other guest’s information on it and use it for id theft.

After we finally got our room keys, we walked to our room. The hotel’s room are all doored from the outside (just like a MOTEL) vice the inside. Upon walking outside to get to our room, we passed by several rooms with guests having their rooms wide open, smoking, drinking and carrying on. Of course, you cannot control what guests are doing, but I assume that this “resort” would have been non-smoking as stated.

Upon arriving to our room, we placed our things down only to see that the bed was not clean, it smelled and wasn’t even made! The bathroom was disgusting- dirt, mildew, grime throughout. The carpet had huge stains. The microwave had fingerprints all over it. I attached pics, please see. It smelled of mold. The door barely closed and there was a space that was left open even when it was. We could hear every single movement that was going on outside the door. After spending less than a few minutes in the room, we gathered our things, and walked to the front desk to advise the attendant we would be checking out.

I was very professional and politely told him that we would NOT be staying here due to the condition of the room and hotel in its entirety. He did not look surprised at all. Nor did he apologize or even question what was wrong with the room. My guess is that this was nothing new to him. I advised him that I would be getting in contact with management in regards to a refund and he uncontestedly agreed and dismissed us.

I am disappointed that this hotel is self proclaimed to even be anything more than a 1-star motel.

DO NOT GO THERE!

Directions: International Drive

Not so bad at the Radisson

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2006

This hotel is used mainly by people on buisness. There are two parts to the hotel. The best part is in the North Tower, to book these rooms you need to request a deluxe room and as such they are more exspensive, I you can afford these rooms this hotel would be rated VERY GOOD.
I stayed in the South part of the resort which is a block of rooms 5 storeys high. For the price I paid for two weeks I cannot complain as I believe I got what I paid for which IN MY CASE was good clean comfortable accommodation for two weeks at a very reasonable price. You may see others putting this hotel down but I suspect they want Quality hotels at budget prices!!!! IMPOSSIBLE, in my opinion you generaly get what you pay for. The Staff were friendly, polite, nothing was too mutch to ask, I saw some people speaking to the staff in a manner which I would not do and of course the staff reaction to this does not need further explanation, I had no problem!!!! The rooms were of a good size, clean and tidy. You cannot open the windows so it may seam a bit stuff or a funny smell at first, I opened my door for half an hour whilst unpacking, No Problem!!! My room had two large Queen size beds which were comforable. A good shower and two sinks.
The aircon is large and if it is turned down to low it will cool the room all day and you can sleep no problrm at night. The pool area is a good size and WARM WATER in the winter THUMBS UP FROM ME!!
To be honest £300 - £400 for two weeks accommodation I would go back to this hotel due to the price I paid and the quality of accommodation but if you can find better go for that ammount for 3 adults in the same area let me know.
Any questions please ask!!!!Good luck. VT.MEMBER heedthebau

Nearby Orlando Metropolitan Resort

Orlando Metropolitan Resort

• Orlando Metropolitan Hotel Orlando

Address: 8444 International Drive, (Formerly Radisson Barcelo), Orlando, Florida, 32819-9329, United States

5 Photos of Orlando Metropolitan Resort

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

British
Wild Bill's
Ship or Boat
Transportation
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs