Orlando Vista Hotel

12490 Apopka-Vineland Road, State Road 535, Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States

IHG Orbitz.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 38% more and rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

• laforstraveller's Profile Photo

Central Location, Decent Price

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We paid just $69 per night, and were expecting something dingier. The hotel was certainly not new or recently remodeled, and it had that feeling of having been around for awhile, but it was clean and in a great location. The hotel is just a 20-25 minute walk from Downtown Disney, and there were a ton of restaurants within a 5-20 minute walking distance. There's even a bistro on site, which makes for a convenient breakfast/snack. The hotel staff were friendly and accomodating, but not the typical butt-kissers that take care of you at the $200+ a night hotels. In other words, they'll help you out, but they won't bend over backwards for you.

Unique Quality: Free shuttle service to the 4 main Disney parks. If you want to go to either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon, just take the Magic Kingdom shuttle, which drops you off at the DisneyWorld TTC (the Transportation and Ticket Center), and you can catch a free Disney shuttle to the water parks. There is a pool at the hotel, but we didn't use it--70 degrees fahrenheit is a little too cold for swimming! Again, it's in a great location to Downtown Disney and many restaurants.

Directions: From the Airport: Take Exit 68 (528-Beeline Expressway West) to I-4 West. Turn right onto 535 North. The hotel is located two blocks away on the left. About 17 miles

• doug48's Profile Photo

doubletree

the doubletree is located in the lake buena vista hotel complex next to downtown disney and pleasure island. this is a suite hotel so the rooms have a living room and a bedroom. excellent location for visiting the disney theme parks. there is bus service to all of the disney attractions a short walk from this hotel.

Directions: lake buena vista

More about Orlando Vista Hotel

A nice suprise!

by TripAdvisor Member jenickki

Overall, I found this property pretty good. The location was wonderful and the staff was quite friendly. My daughter just loved the "kid suites". She felt as though she was a special guest in the hotel. The staff remembered her name and called her by it when they saw her. (Mind you..this is not something we have never experienced at any Disney property..we have stayed at many). The pool area was large and great for kids. I found the staff, yet again friendly and very guest focused (the bar staff was at your beckon call). Oh yes, another good point..those wonderful, wonderful cookies. The parking is great (lots of it), and the hotel gift shop and dinning area are open early and close late. Rooms are quiet and you can't hear the person in the next room flushing or doing other things LOL.
The reason the hotel didn't get the "excellent" rating was for the following. The property did sorta have a musty/mildew smell. I understand that most places that are in damp areas get this smell but, I found this one a bit much. The carpeting when you enter the hallways is really cute but it needs a serious steam cleaning; I don't think the halls have air conditioning as well.
I will stay at the Doubletree Club again. I can tell you quite honestly this property will get me back rather than a crowded, overly priced Disney hotel.
If anyone would like more information..please feel free to email me. jenickki@yahoo.com
Sorry its long..just trying to give people all I can to help with choices.

Lobby smells like a floor mop

I appreciate that they like to keep the lobby's floor clean, but it really smells like some chlorine-based cleaning solution.

The rooms are OK. Bathrooms are clean. Kids loved the bunk beds.

Location is so-so. It is near the Disney parks which is a plus. But the area doesn't seem to be the upscale enough.

Best of times there!

I took to trip to disney world with my boyfriend(we're college students and were not looking to spend a fortune) and we had the best time. The hotel was very clean, and the staff were wonderful. I would certainly go back there. Great place to stay, (within walking distance to downtown disney) and a great price.

Definitely worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member k832905

I booked an 8 night stay at the Doubletree Club through Hotwire for $42 a night. Because I was certain of my travel dates, I was able to do this. I was also able to put in a request for the top floor which is usually the better rooms. I was travelling with my younger sister. We had a very nice non-smoking room with 2 queen sized beds. The beds each had 5 pillows decoratively displayed every night when we got home from touring the parks. The beds were entirely done up in white - very classy. The beds were also very comfortable. The curtains opened up to display a huge view of the pool and the stores next door. The room itself was a good size with plenty of space for all of our things. The safe in the room also gave a bit of security, worth the $1.50 a day. Local phone calls cost $0.50 each. The bathroom was small but adequate for 2 people if not sharing at the same time. Housekeeping did an excellent job of making up the beds and restocking towels, shampoos, soaps, etc... every day. As for the bus system to the parks - they were consistently about 10 minutes late in the mornings but on time in the evenings to return to the hotel. They share a bus with 3 other hotels - the Days Inn, the Sherton Safari and the Staybridge Suites. We were the last pick up and the last drop off every day. The first shuttle of the day left at 7:55 am and only went to 2 of the parks, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The next shuttle to Epcot and MGM only left at 9am. That meant that if you wanted to be at the park by opening you would have to take the first shuttle and then transfer on a Disney bus. The hotel is half a block from the road leading to the Downtown Disney hotels, but is at least a few miles away from Downtown Disney itself. There is a Subway next door, as well as an IHOP. There is a Burger King directly across the street and a Denny's, Taco Bell and McDonald's close by. The gift store in the hotel offers a lot of sundries that you may have forgotten and they sell a lot of snacks. There is also a Shell gas station and a 7-11/Citgo gas station/convenience store just down the road. All staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. I had no significant problems at Doubletree Club and would definitely stay there again. Hope this helps any of you who are also considering staying at Doubletree Club.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

by TripAdvisor Member Rebekajean

My friend and I decided to ditch the kids/husbands for a week to run off & play in Disney World at EPCOT's Food & Wine Festival, October 2004. Being penny pinchers when paying out of our personal money, we chose to stay at the Doubletree Club as the price was right ($64.00 per night & Sunday was free). As long time Hilton HHonors members we were put on the HHonors floor (7th). The Good...$64.00 per night & Sunday was free, the beds were sweet sleepers & soft as a cloud with 5 huge pillows, the rooms were clean & well kept, free bus transportation to all four parks, free parking for rented cars, within walking distance of many eateries. The Bad...very noisy continual rattle in the air conditioner, problems with the TV channel changer & the volume dial on the clock radio/alarm, soiled baby diaper smell in the hall (but no smell in the room), Sunday the water heater broke at 6:00 a.m. so no hot water until the afternoon (the front desk was a bit indignant). The Ugly...the colors outside are gaudy & loud but nice inside, they are doing some road work in front of the hotel so it's a bit difficult to maneuver & you are unable to turn left into the parking lot, some of the evening front desk staff are not very helpful & very un-sympathetic when problems occur at the hotel.

To their credit, after several calls to the manager requesting compensation for the inconvenience of a very cold bath at the start of the day, we were given an additional day free. For the most part the staff was friendly & willing to help. Considering the convenience of the area it's still a good nights rest for the price.

Decent

This hotel tries really hard. The rooms were okay, but we had reserved a king and ended up changing rooms. The lobby is okay, there is a bar and cafe, but this is a really cheap looking hotel. The king room we reserved was connected to another room and the door separating the rooms had a 2 inch gap between the floor and the bottom of the door. You could actually see into the other room. The room we moved into had 2 queen beds and was nice. The beds were comfrotable and the carpet was new and clean. The bathroom was small and the toilet was tiny. I would only stay here if nothing else was available.

Perfectly fine hotel for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member traveler81

My family of four stayed here for six nights Dec.18/23, after reading the reviews we exptected the worse. We chose this hotel due to the great price. The outside of the building is a little tacky looking due to the bright colors, but if you stop and think that it is a caribbean theme, then it is understandable, but still a little loud for my taste. When we checked into the hotel we given a room on the second floor. Since this hotel is on a main road with lots going on around it, I figured it might be noisy on the second floor, so I requested something higher up. One of the other reviews here had mentioned that the 7th floor rooms were better, due to the fact that this floor was a Hilton Honor club floor, so I requested a room on the 7th floor and lo and behold one was available and given to us. We had a room all the way at the end of the hallway, the last room in fact, which was great for us, it lessened the amount of noise we would hear. When I opened the door I was pleasantly surprised to find a very nice looking typical hotel room. For the price we paid we compared it to the standard Disney hotel room we had once at the Music All Star hotel and we all agreed that this room was a little bigger and a little nicer. The two queen sized beds were made up with duvets and five pillows each - a very nice touch! The bedspread looked like it was new. The carpeting had no stains, and looked fairly new. It had a table with two comfy chairs, and armoire with three large drawers and a T.V. inside. It had a large night table with two more drawers, and alarm clock was provided, there was also a desk, and a safe inside the closet ($1.50 charge per day). The bathroom was your standard bathroom with a tub/shower. The room was kept clean, towels changed daily as requested. They provided you also with a morning newspaper delivered to your door by 6:00am. During the six night stay at this hotel, I had no complaints, it was comfortable and convenient to Disney and the highway to get to Universal and Sea World. There were plenty of restaurants and fast food places close by to choose from, including Gooding supermarket. This hotel is close to the entrance to the road that leads you to Downtown Disney, but not walking distance, if you intend to walk, it is a very loooonnnnggg walk. The description is a little deceiving. The lobby is nothing fancy, very basic, with a store for your everyday needs and anything you've forgotten. Au bon pain had food all day long that you could purchase as well as seating. You would do better to go out to eat. There was a bar area and internet area. They had a nice sized pool, which we did not use due to the cold weather at the time. The lobby is your basic low end hotel lobby. This is not the Ritz Carlton, and I didn't expect it to be - I didn't pay the price for one!
Reviewers here complained about the hallways being smelly, but I honestly have to say that I did not notice any, and my family said there was a little odor of some type but nothing offensive or very noticeable. I would guess cleaning fluids, possibly.

To conclude my family and I had a very nice stay here, and if we got the right price again (around $50-60.), I would definitely stay here without hesitation. If you are paying anything close to $100.00 per night I would then look elsewhere as there are tons of bargains to be had in Orlando's Disney area.

Comments