11272 Desforges Avenue, Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Hilton Grand Park Soliel

I was excited when I saw the one bedroom suite. However, the TV had static. The sofa in the living room was so uncomfortable it resulted in my back hurting. The day after we arrived, we received no maid service. One of the sauna's by the pool was not working. Another sauna was full of insects. We were told that the water in the pool was heated to 80 degrees, however it was freezing. I tried to open the sofa bed which took much effort. It did not pull right out. Other than these flaws, the stay was nice. The location was near many restaurants and ten minutes from Universal studios.

More about Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club

Nice Facilities

by TripAdvisor Member acruiser

Stayed in a one bedroom unit at the Parc Soleil in July. The unit was spacious with modern decor and a large balcony. The staff was courteous and immediately provided extra towels upon our request. The pool area with slide is very nice and a great hangout for the children (teenagers and younger). The location of this vacation club is in an area yet to be developed so there's no view of anything nearby. You must endure the horrible traffic on International Drive in order to get to Disney, restaurants and shopping. Disney is nearby but traffic makes it a much longer trip than desired.

This place is great for families and provides the room to spread out and relax after a long day at the theme parks. Flat screen televisions in the bedroom and living room area are great for families. There is a restaurant on site, but we didn't try it out so I can't comment on the quality of food served. All in all this is a nice place.

Needs Improvement

by TripAdvisor Member mistytea

I was excited to stay at the Hilton Parc Soleil, but ran into nothing but problems from the time I made our reservations. I reserved a 2 bedroom suite. I was told initially that the bedrooms are identical and the only thing separating them is the living room...Well that wasn't the case.
There 2 bedroom is joined by a studio room.
Once we arrived we were given a room over looking a SO-CALL lake!!!!
The only thing you see were to water fountains coming out of the pond..
Also, the view was terrible. We barely saw the pool, there was bush on the left side of the balcony and on the right side was trailers and trucks.
I was TOTALLY upset!!!!!
The tv's had a grainy effect....The air wasn't working properly..The list could go on and on...
The rooms were nice, but I've stayed at other vacation property and enjoyed myself better and for this to be a new property, it had some damage in the suites already.
For the tub, there isn't a place to set your soap or other things you need
while bathing....
I felt like our vacation was a WASTE and will never recommend this property to my family and friends...
There is other property in the area, I would recommend for them to stay.
The location was great, because it was very easy to find places to go, but I'm disappointed in the Hilton family with this property.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member Jettblue

My family stayed at the newly opened Parc Soleil by Hilton Grand Vacations Club this July 2009. They only have two towers built at this time (w/5 more in progress) and only one tower that is occupant ready. The overall experience was pretty good. The property location is a little off to itself, there's nothing around, so there is really no view outside of the pool view (which was nice). The room decor VERY nice. My family had a standard room (we are not timeshare owners; we were there on HH points), the room was spacious and very clean, i could still smell the cleaner used for the hardwood floors. The downside to the standard rooms are, #1 they do not have bathtubs (showers only) and they are not equipped with balconies. There are two pool areas both equipped with a few cabanas. The in house restaurant is very limited; I assume because this is a mostly timeshare property and people generally cook in their units. Overall it's a nice hotel/vacation club, but I wouldn't return because of the location.

family trip to Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member Kentuckygirl_7

Booked hotel with no recommendations and were very pleased wit hour four night stay. Rooms are large and pool area is WONDERFUL. Playground was large and covered. It has an some sort of fake grass which is nice but much hotter than concrete so wear shoes (it is beside the pool). Waterslide is long and has two attendents. Hotel is very contemporary which is a nice change in Orlando. Security was top notch. They are constantly patrolling garages, grounds, etc. There are some gaps which I don't understand. Gym is completing finished (we saw it through the glass), but we were told i twill not be opened until that building is finished in February 2010. Maid Service is another HUGE issue. You have to be checked out of your room at 10:00 a.m...no exceptions. Yet, we never got maid service before 5:00 p.m....and one time it was done by a waiter ( I am not kidding). Sometimes we didn't get it at all. One time they said they would come after 6:00..but never made it at all. All in all, it is a lovely hotel but ha ssome kinks.

Perfect stay

by TripAdvisor Member Pens2009

We are not members of Hilton Grand Vacations, but after this we may join! We were able to book this hotel using our American Express points. We were going to book the Sea World location, but the agent we spoke with suggested we try this new location. She was very thorough explaining the positives - new, water slide, nice pool as well as the negatives - new so there may be some kinks, no gym yet, some rooms with a poor view and nothing within walking distance. We decided it was worth the try. I can honestly say it was well worth the risk! We had a two bedroom unit but could easily have stayed in a one bedroom. There was a very nice sized living area that split two very nice sized bedrooms. Everything in the room is top quality and newest technology. Thanks to those that wrote that there is a Wal mart when you make a left out of the resort! It is about 4 miles. If you continue down the road you will come to an intersection that has other fast food options as well - McDonalds, Chic-fil-a. There is a good pizza place near Bar Louie. Back to the hotel! The pool was awesome. All other reviews cover everything very well and accurate. The only things I would offer that are different are that the pool view offers a nice view of the sea world fireworks. They start at 9:50 pm. The resort is a bit short staffed, but everyone is very friendly and helpful. The room attendants are very nice and continually asked if we needed anything. We are low maintenance and would only ask for fresh towels, they honestly felt bad and asked if there was anything else they could do for us. Overall, this is one of the best stays we have ever had!

Did not want to go home

by TripAdvisor Member illinois101

this was a wonderful place to stay. we had a full beautiful kitchen, bedroom and even the pull out for the kids was large. the shower was huge and wonderful. the balcony had a table and chair to lounge in. the pool was fantastic, the bar was great too. every afternoon the kids had an activity by the pool and made sundaes one day. we did not want to go home. the staff could not have been nicer. it was just fantastic. we have been to orlando and stayed in many places but this was the best ever. it was like being at home. I did not even mind doing laundry and valued the washer dryer right in our room after we went to the beach. we cant wait to return. I actually liked that it was still under construction, less people. One day the kids had the pool and slide to themselves.

Beautiful resort...brand new

by TripAdvisor Member elsbells63

This hotel had been opened approx. one month when we stayed here at the end of June. The beds were super comfy including the pull out bed.....the rooms were spacious and had a terrace...very very nice. Because it was so new, only one restaurant was open which I would only give a 3 stars to if I had to rate it.....it was an open air restaurant by the pool without a/c for obvious reasons...so on a humid day, it wasn't mildly unpleasant. Aside from that I have no complaints about this hotel...the main pool was "to die for" with a great slide for the kids.....would stay here again. Great location too.

New hotel and they are still working some kinks out.

by TripAdvisor Member jenn83

On the day I planned to have a pool day – I walked out to find a sign that said “pool closed.” This was irritating because no one could or would answer any questions as to when the pool would re-open. Everyone was forced to either find something else to do or go to the smaller “quite pool” Which was no longer quiet due to all the children from the main pool. They did re-open the pool later that day.
I enjoyed the pool side food and beverage service – the daytime bartender we had took great care of us made some really cool drinks and the food was tasty! (One of the best french dip sandwiches i’ve had!)
The rooms are very nice room, hard wood floors, good bed, spacious shower. I am going back next week to try it again! Hopefully the pools will be open!

Would Come Here Again

by TripAdvisor Member KDAOhio

Arrived on 8/8/09 and from the moment we arrived (family of five which included ages 20, 17 & 11), we were very pleased. Our stay lasted a week. The staff was fabulous and quite friendly. Upon check-in, we received a list of nearby attractions & restaurants including directions, which were very helpful. As others said in previous reviews, the pool is great (11 yr old thought the slide was the best)! The rooms are very spacious with all the amenities from home. The hotel is close to the theme parks. Turning right out of the complex and going to next main intersection, you will find many restaurants. It took us no more than 15-20 minutes to reach our destinations. Great place for family & couples. Highly recommend this hotel. Will definitely come again!

Great Place - Exceeded Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member moids

This place was great, I was worried as some people said the location was remote. It is not, you are in the center of everything. There is every restaurant you can think of 2 miles away, an nice outlet mall about 5 miles away, Downtown disney about 4 miles away, and you are centered between Universal, Seaworld and Disney. The place is brand new and has a great layout and resort feel. The grounds are very safe and secure which was appreciated as I had to work 2 very long days,so I knew my wife and kids were ok. The kids loved the slide and pool, they have two staff members watching the slide so there are no collisions. Rooms are great and have a great layout. The units have a full kitchen with all the stuff you need to cook your own meals. The restaurant is reasonably priced and keeps long hours (open til 10pm) Only issue we had was with a/c in our room, but they staff tended to it immediately (11pm at night). We stayed for 6 nights 4 were on Amex points and 2 out of pocket. Being a vacation club I was worried about a timeshare pitch, but to my surprise we were called once and offered theme park tickets if we sat through the presentation. We declined and it was never brought up again. I would highly recommend this place to anyone with kids looking for a nice place to stay.
I forgot to mention, the day we arrived they hotel had just been in the path of a severe!!!! thunderstorm (just shy of a tornado), chairs were in the pool (see pics). Within hours they had it put back to together like new.

mai tiki rihtim bar at orlando coco beachmai tiki rihtim bar at orlando coco beach

Disney shuttle leaving for Magic KingdomDisney shuttle leaving for Magic Kingdom

Steak & RibletsSteak & Riblets

cool treecool tree

looking to worship while on vacation this year

by jimkpa

Hi, we are from Pennsylvania and we never went to any kind of church or worship services on our previous Florida vacations but want to this year. Does anyone have websites of churches on the lower side of Orlando or the Kissammee area. We are staying at Sunset Lakes community off 192 near the Disney parks. About 12 years ago I was visiting my nephew while I was at a training conference and he took me to a sort of Shopping Mall, theater where they had a full rock band and worship music. I am sort of looking for that type of thing, relaxed, visitor friendly, not too charasmatic, just a good sermon and worship opportunity.

Re: looking to worship while on vacation this year

by Rixie

Here's a massive listing of churches in the Kissimmee area. Some of the churches have websites that you could use to screen them.

Comments