Quality Inn Plaza

9000 International Dr, Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Rated 13% higher but also costs 29% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• Good value hotel to stay at...

Me and my friend chose this hotel as it was close to the attractions we wanted to see. After scheduling the trip, I came on here to check out the reviews of the hotel and was kind of scared by some of the reviews I read. I was hoping everything would work out...which it did.

We stayed here from February 26th to March 5th.

Front desk staff were nice and checked in very fast.

We were placed in Building F on the 7th floor. We had a nice view of Pointe Orlando, the rest of the plaza and could see the lake on the other side of the busy I-4. Our room was quiet. Two double beds. There were no problems that were mentioned in the previous reviews. No bugs could be found, roomed cleaned daily, door locked well, room was quiet at night. You get what you pay for and our room was worth it.

One slight problem we had was there was no phone book as we were looking for places to eat for dinner. My friend called down and asked for a phone book but they never brought one up. We just used our wireless internet connection to find a good place. We called the next day and the phone book was brought up in less than 5 minutes.

Good Italian place to eat: Maggiano's in the Pointe Orlando. Don't get the large portion as their portions are huge and we had a lot of leftovers.

Beds at the hotel were a little soft but didn't have a problem getting a good night's sleep.

Shower nozzle had 3 settings but not a lot of pressure on the regular shower setting.

Wireless internet was free using a laptop computer and got a good connection. There was the internet in the room that you could pay for but didn't need to with the good free connection. Got kicked off a couple times, but that's common as it does at home for me too.

Free shuttle was good as we took it to Sea World. You just have to reserve seats. It's a bus that drives up. The driver was nice and the bus was on time.

Never ate in the hotel restaurant. Browsed through the gift shop which wasn't that expensive compared to many other hotel gift shops I've been in. The Lite Bite food place was good but it is cheaper to walk or drive down to Walgreen's which is about 2 blocks away from the main entrance.

Pools were maintained. Just had to take elevator downstairs and pool was almost right there. It was a heated outdoor pool. There was another pool about 200 feet away but it was not heated. There is a 3rd pool by the front entrance as well. I would assume it was heated.

If you want to save money on a hotel room, want a short drive or shuttle to most of the Orlando attractions and don't mind staying in a kind of dated hotel and room, then I recommend staying in this hotel.

If I come back to Orlando on my same budget, I will look into staying at this place again.

Unique Quality: Nice, maintained pools. Pretty good views on 7th floor of Pointe Orlando, Wonderworks, I-4, late, rest of the plaza.

Directions: On International Drive, across from Wonderworks and Pointe Orlando.

More about Quality Inn Plaza

Get Stuffed!

by toontraveller about Wonder Works

This place is actually in Wonderworks. I'll have to check my book to find out it's real name but anyway it's a plain simple eat as much as you can pizza with free drinks, and to top it off there is live entertainment from magicians, comedy acts and more.

This is a pretty basic place but was value for money and a good night out.

It was also just across the road from the Quality Inn Plaza where I stayed on International Drive so it was a welcome escape from this dire hotel.

The staff were very friendly and accomodating and I left a good tip which is always a good sign from me. If I don't get good service - they don't get a tip!

Just make sure your hungry before you go there. Pizza (of course). But they did offer me hot dogs because of my diet.

Like they say, eat as much as you want but don't go overboard like some people do.

There's no point in ordering a 15" pizza then eating just 1 slice. GLUTTENY!!!

Very good value for money

Having read a few reviews on here after booking I was very nervous about what I would find. It was pretty much all good though. Rooms were basic but clean (they were cleaned every day which was a surprise for the money) and had a microwave and fridge (no plates or cutlery though). Very good location opposite Pointe Orlando and the bus to Sea World and Universal was always on time. There were even pickups back from Citywalk at 12am and 2am. Our room was near the back but the noise from the Interstate wasn't bad - the kids at the pool were more noisy.
Lite bite was quite expensive though - $3 for a bottle of Coke that you could get for less than half that in any supermarket. One thing though - if you are on the ground floor then watch out for the frogs, they seemed to come out after dark and there were loads of them clinging to the doors and windows! All in all it was a pleasant surprise - we couldn't have asked for any more for the money we paid.

Orlando Vacation

I spent eight days and seven nights there with my son. The hotel in it self is OK. The staff was polite and if you needed something they were helpful. The location it self is great. You have everything and close to all the highways. I never ate at the hotel restaurants so I can not comment about the food. The rooms could be a little cleaner but for the price it's ok. Just make sure when you walk out the room you lock away all of your belongings in the safe provided or take it with you. I had something missing but the hotel was kind enough to make up for it. I have mixed feelings about this hotel, I'm not sure if I would stay there again. But once again the location is perfect and the price is great.

who is right?

by TripAdvisor Member tony342

the majority of views are scathing. I Recently stayed at a budget hostel in Dublin which at least was clean & friendly& secure,so i can slum it for the right price,but this is meant to be a 3 star hotel. i was contemplating going to this hotel,with my family,but are now put off by these reviews,as they dont appear to be from the usual moaners you always get on holiday.There should be no exscuse for poor food in America. i dont think it will cost much more for a decent hotel.Sorry this isnt exactly a review,as i havent been there, but if the management reads this they might change their ways thus making the site relavent & useful in an alternative way.

value for money

My family and i stayed in this low cost hotel for 3 weeks in april this year. as i have been to orlando 8 times i know where to eat and where not so i never eat at the hotel cos the food is worth the money, instead we always use the golden coral which has an all you can buffet for $9.99. the room was clean and was cleaned every day. the staff where very good. this hotel has the bonus of a bar which at the end of a tiring day at the parks is ideal for a night cap and kids are welcome. the bar food was very good and good value. this hotel is ideal for people on a budget but i think worth a look.

not bad for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Annabelle1974

We stayed for six days in November 2003 at the Quality Inn. For £23/$39 a night I couldn't complain. The rooms were clean enough and there was a fridge. The two swimming pools are okay although only one is heated.
I didn't eat in the hotel so I can't comment on the food. The hotel reception staff and the staff in the shop could do with some customer service training however their manner isn't very polite or friendly.
The hotel is in an excellent location - at the quieter less touristy end of I-DRIVE.

STAY AWAY!!!!

PLEASE AVOID!!!!!

Arrived on the 4th of november and to be honest wasn't expecting to much for our money, just somewhere comfortable to sleep for 6 days before moving on, after all we were planning on being in the parks all day and spending no time at all in the hotel.

However after a long day traveling all we wanted was to sleep, but when we arrived we realised that, the place is made up of blocks and really reminded us of a Butlins holiday. It was terrible! We had drive to the room it was that far away from the reception area.

Anyways we got there and the rooms stunk of damp, they were freezing cold, the bedspread had holes where something had been eating it, the wardrobe (well if u can call it that, it had 5 coat hangers hanging off a fixing on the wall) was terrible, a tv that looked like something they had sent forward through time and what topped it all off was the rotting food left in the microwave!!

We immidiatly drove back to reception and asked to see the suits, and when we got there, they were a few doors away from our original room, and the only difference was it had a matching bed spread and curtains and no food in the microwave everything else was the same. Oh no sorry, almost forgot, this one had the added feature of mould on the chair.

Needless to say we all slept on top of the bed sheets and checked out next morning to go hire a house.

If u like your holidays cheap and nasty this is the one for you!

Where is the Quailty?

YUK! If you are considering staying at this hotel please think again, we arrived 28th of November 2003 and were put in a smoking room facing the interstate -smelly, noisy and non too clean, we changed rooms the next day to a one facing International Drive, the only difference was the it was slightly quieter. Unfortunatley it had the horrendous beadspread which seems to get a mention so often on this site complete with pubic hairs woven in and the obligory ciggarette burns.(Even though this was a non smoking room) . The walls in the rooms were paper thin so you here all the converstions and everything else for the rooms next door.The hotel staff were non too pleasant and would benefit from a customer service course. The area around the pool was filthy and it must have been a long while since it was hosed down. Didnt do the breakfast after trying the evening meal which was not particulary nice bland and luke warm - Tip- go to the Ponderosa up the road was great for Breakfasts with good service and cheap and Sizzlers just out side the hotel is also worth a try and really good value. its just a shame that the Hotel is so tired as its in a good location for I-drive and the parks. Quailty Inn? Quaility it aint!!

My American Dream

by toontraveller

"One flight down - 12 to go..."

Well, I've been planning a trip to the US of A for a long time now, in fact for as long as I can remember so when my doctor said "your stressed Richard, you need a break" I thought OK America here I come!

So number 1 on my list was Disney World - the place where dreams are made. The thing is I didn't want to go to America just to see Disney, I could go over the sea to Paris to do that. No I wanted to experience the sights, sounds and culture of the USA in one trip so it was time to get planning.

There are lots of things I'd like to do and see in America but they won't all fit into one trip so a bit of net surfing and I set the dates. 12th to 31st January would see me realise 5 of my dreams, Disney World - Florida, Ocean Drive - Miami, a Shuttle launch at Kennedy Space Centre, a trip to the Grand Canyon and a trip to Hawaii to visit the volcano.

After working on my dates and destinations and speaking to countless travel agents I called United Vacations and by the end of the call my holiday was booked. I can't reccomend United highly enough after my first vacation with them despite my horror 1 month before leaving to hear them go into chapter 11 bankrupcy. I had 13 flights in all, 10 with United and every one of United's flights were perfect.

So the plan was 8 nights in Orlando at the Quality Inn Plaza to see Disney, Universal Studio's, Miami and the launch of Space Shuttle Columbia, then off to Las Vegas for 5 nights to see, well everything. Last of all (and saving the best till last) 6 nights on O'ahu, Hawaii to take in a bit of paradise and to see the volcano that I miss so much.

There was plenty in store for me, some good, some bad and some down right ugly!

"Don't Miss The Bus !!"

We arrived at the hotel after 14 hours of flight still quite fresh but at 9:30 PM, sleep was on our minds so after checking in and talking to a guy on the information desk about Disney I went to bed. It wasn't till the next morning at 8am I realised that I had been talked into a time share tour in return for free disney tickets. I realy had no intention of buying a time share but I went along for the ride and after a long chat with "Benny Hill" the salesman we parted company and I got my free tickets. A word of advice. If your not strong willed dont fall for the time share freebies, it will take you half a day to get them.

The next day we set off for Disney expecting a fun packed long day.

April & Quality Inn Plaza

by ucn83

My partner and I have just booked to go to Orlando during the last two weeks of April in 2006. Can you please tell me what weather I should expect then? Is is shorts/t-shirt weather or will i need a jacket. Will it be hot enough for sunbathing/water parks?

Also, we will be staying at the Quality Inn Plaza on International Drive. Have heard some bad reviews about the place. Can anyone give me any feedback on their experience of the hotel?

Many Thanks!

by Mazza7

Dont know about this particular Hotel, but have stayed On International Drive.
Florida is the 'Sunshine state'and should be very nice indeed in April.Definately shorts and t-shirt weather.May need a lightweight jacket for the evening but not essential.Last time we were there was January, lovely weather.The summer months are the hottest as with most places.
Hopr this is helpful?Mazza

by pulgaron

Shorts will be good, light jacket in the evening, just in case. Swimming and sun bathing will be marvelous. Use sun tan lotion, a sun burn can ruin your vac.

Enjoy.

by Hexepatty

QIP is not a bad hotel. It's folks that expect Ritz Carltons for $55 a night that complain. QIP has great location, it's clean (enough) and provides free shuttles to some of the Parks. It's got 3 pools I believe and has a bar / restaurant. It's BASIC 2 star family style accomodation. It's large - might be noisey if you are placed on the Highway Side of the property. Stressing BASIC here at a budget price. Don't expect the Ritz, know you are getting a good value - and you'll be prepared.

If you are up for Parliment House, let me know! ; )

by tonydenman

We came back from the quality inn Plaza twwo weeks ago, and I can put your mind at rest. The hotel is comfortable, clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed there twice and can recommend it. tony denman

by ucn83

Thanks everyone for the helpful comment. I am looking forward to it alot more now! Anyone else who has stayed at the QIP please leave your comments.

Thanks x