Quality Inn Plaza

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Road Trip Budget Travel Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

Good value hotel to stay at...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2009

Me and my friend chose this hotel as it was close to the attractions we wanted to see. After scheduling the trip, I came on here to check out the reviews of the hotel and was kind of scared by some of the reviews I read. I was hoping everything would work out...which it did.

We stayed here from February 26th to March 5th.

Front desk staff were nice and checked in very fast.

We were placed in Building F on the 7th floor. We had a nice view of Pointe Orlando, the rest of the plaza and could see the lake on the other side of the busy I-4. Our room was quiet. Two double beds. There were no problems that were mentioned in the previous reviews. No bugs could be found, roomed cleaned daily, door locked well, room was quiet at night. You get what you pay for and our room was worth it.

One slight problem we had was there was no phone book as we were looking for places to eat for dinner. My friend called down and asked for a phone book but they never brought one up. We just used our wireless internet connection to find a good place. We called the next day and the phone book was brought up in less than 5 minutes.

Good Italian place to eat: Maggiano's in the Pointe Orlando. Don't get the large portion as their portions are huge and we had a lot of leftovers.

Beds at the hotel were a little soft but didn't have a problem getting a good night's sleep.

Shower nozzle had 3 settings but not a lot of pressure on the regular shower setting.

Wireless internet was free using a laptop computer and got a good connection. There was the internet in the room that you could pay for but didn't need to with the good free connection. Got kicked off a couple times, but that's common as it does at home for me too.

Free shuttle was good as we took it to Sea World. You just have to reserve seats. It's a bus that drives up. The driver was nice and the bus was on time.

Never ate in the hotel restaurant. Browsed through the gift shop which wasn't that expensive compared to many other hotel gift shops I've been in. The Lite Bite food place was good but it is cheaper to walk or drive down to Walgreen's which is about 2 blocks away from the main entrance.

Pools were maintained. Just had to take elevator downstairs and pool was almost right there. It was a heated outdoor pool. There was another pool about 200 feet away but it was not heated. There is a 3rd pool by the front entrance as well. I would assume it was heated.

If you want to save money on a hotel room, want a short drive or shuttle to most of the Orlando attractions and don't mind staying in a kind of dated hotel and room, then I recommend staying in this hotel.

If I come back to Orlando on my same budget, I will look into staying at this place again.

Unique Quality: Nice, maintained pools. Pretty good views on 7th floor of Pointe Orlando, Wonderworks, I-4, late, rest of the plaza.

Directions: On International Drive, across from Wonderworks and Pointe Orlando.

Nearby Quality Inn Plaza

• Pets Allowed
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews