Quality Inn at International Drive

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 12% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

• kayb0971's Profile Photo

Hotel Acc.

This hotel is great. We have stayed here several times on our tripd to Orlando.
    Great value for money. Clean and nice staff. Veyr close to main shops on International drive. A short walk to WET & WILD. An I-Ride will take you to SEAWORLD and AQUATICA in one direction and in the other UNIVERSAL STUDIOS and ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE. Although a short walk over the bridge to Universal park. Free shuttle service to UNIVERSAL theme parks, and a small fee to DISNEY parks. Located next to the worlds biggest McDONNALDS and ideal for local resteraunts. Can't say enough good things abot this hotel. The fridge, microwave, kettle, safe, iron/board are all free of charge if traveling with VIRGIN holidays and we even got a free DAILY MAIL newspapper daily throughout our stay. Would reccomment to all families. We have stayed here 3times, and are staying again on our next trip.

• DJFerg's Profile Photo

Great location

We stayed here back in 2003 for 14 nights,
    The location was fantastic, right in the heart of I Drive but towards the more peacefull end.
    No need to worry about driving in the evenings, we used to walk to a host of good places to eat.We could enjoy a few beers.
    The hotel its self was great for those on a buget and although we had read some poor reviews, we enjoyed our stay very much, The rooms were clean and well kitted out with everything we could want.
    we used to eat breakfast every morning across the way at Sizzler. used to cost something silly like $10 for an all you can eat buffet with coffee for two! madness!

Unique Quality: Great location,
    Great price,

• BEWARE Dirty Hotel!!!!!!!

Hi all, I stayed in this hotel from 2/3/07-2/7/07 with 3other people. After the 2nd day I was there I start noticing red bumps on my feet and legs, they beacame itchy, and then i seen mulitple brown to black looking bugs on my bed. I called the front desk 3 times and no one came. When i finally checked out i went to speak to a Mang, a Indian man came out and told me to call the coporate number and to file a complaint, I told the man what happens if it was kids in the room and they got bit by these bed bugs? He just walked away! The customer service is horrible, and they people there speak very very poor English!! Beware of the hotel!!

Unique Quality: NONE!!!! DIRTY HOTEL!!!!! Poor customer service.

• Cheap and cheerful

The Quality Inn at I-Drive proved to be cheap and cheerful. I paid just over $200 for a week (at the end of October) in a two bed room. The room had two double beds, a microwave, basin, shower/bath and toilet. It also had an iron and ironing board along with a kettle.
    The rooms look a bit poor from the outside, however on the inside they were clean and effective.
    The rooms were serviced each day with the towels and shower gel being replaced each day.
    Overall this was great value for money and well worth the money.
    Great location for Brits on their first holiday to Orlando although I found it to be like being in England with lots of sunshine and heat! Not my ideal thing really. If you want to see a bit more of the "real" America - stay further out.

Unique Quality: Two pools, washing machines, bar , restaurant and shop.

Poor views - it's on I-drive, so everything is neon!

Directions: 1 mile south of Wet'n Wild

• Quality Inn

We stayed at the Quality Inn feb 2001. Its a basic motel but was just fine for us. The rooms have two queen sized beds, table and chairs, dressing table, seperate bathroom and room safe. The motel had two outdoor heated swimming pools and was bang in the middle of international drive.

Unique Quality: The rooms were very clean and tidy.

• Quality on a Budget

The Quality Inn on International Drive is a Comfortable Budget Motel. They offer a free shuttle to Universal Orlando, SeaWorld, Wet ’N Wild, and the Florida Mall. You can also pay a fee for the shuttle service to Walt Disney World Resort and the theme parks within it. Rooms are basic but clean with a fridge (great for the drinks) and microwave. International Drive isn't everyone's cup of tea - it is a busy place and traffic tends to be quite heavy but the corner of Sand Lake Road where the motel is isn't too bad and it's a reasonable location for the following: Approx 11 miles from Orlando International Airport, 9 miles from Disney, 3 miles from Seaworld and 2 miles from Universal Studio's.

Unique Quality: Whilst not having particularly unique qualities, I felt that The Quality Inn on International Drive was very good value for money - you can get some great deals between £25 - £30 per room per night in the summer - you get two double beds, table & chairs, large television, microwave and fridge - excellent for the drinks! The room and the bathroom were comfortable, clean and spacious. They have a heated outdoor pool, a children's pool, game room, souvenir shop, restaurant and bar.

Directions: The hotel is just past the corner of International Drive/Sand Lake Road.

More about Quality Inn at International Drive

Ideally placed

by Russ60 about Quality Inn International Drive

We have stayed here twice and we found the accomodation to be satisfactory. A good central location on a busy junction (Sandlake Road).
Excellent for walking to local bars and restaurants.
About a 20-25mins drive to the Disney parks 5-10mins drive to seaworld and Islands of Adventure/Universal Studios Parks, 5 mins drive to Wet n Wild water park

Quality Inn...

by arankine

Quality Inn International
International Drive
Orlando
around $45 per night but bargains are available depending on season Has 2 large pools and a ' Kiddie' pool, on site shop, cafe, Resaurant, Laundry facilities and Ideally situalted for people who have chosen not to have a car whilst in Orlando..all the major transportation companies call there and there is a lare car park for car drivers

loved universal studios

We stayed at the Quality Inn International right their on the main drag on International Drive from 5 days. That was the best time we had ever had. The stay at the hotel and Universal Studios were great and the money worth spent.

Bargain

by TripAdvisor Member Bigcolw

Just returned from Florida April 2004. My wife and I stayed at the Quality Inn International for 10 nights. I too requested a smoking room with my booking and we were disapointed that we were given a non smoking room on ground level near the reception which was very noisy with everyone walking by. However they moved us the next day and from then on we could have little to complain about. The faulty coffee maker was repaired swiftly, however the washine machines were on the blink constantly. There is not a hotel in a better location on I drive than this one. No need to drive for a meal or drink, close for all the attractions and shopping. If you would prefer to stay in clean budget accomodation at a great price then spend the money you saved at the parks or shops then this is the hotel for you. clean, safe accomodation, we will be back.

Quality Inn International/Pazza???

by lynne4172.virtualtou

Here I am again with another question. Any advice on Quality Inn International or Plaza. I am still deciding between one of these and the Wyndham Orlando Resport. Thanks for any replies.

by goodfish

Quality Inn certainly gets much better reviews on Trip Advisor than the resort. As I remember you saying you were staying for 2 weeks, I'd go with this one vs Wyndham - that one looks too sketchy to risk.

by goodfish

Oops - meant to say that BOTH Quality Inns get better reviews. Eliminate Wyndham from the running.

by lynne4172.virtualtou

thanks again. Its so confusing. I use a site holidaysuncovered.co.uk and the Wyndham is ranked 87th out of 214, Plaza is 151st and Int. is 111th. I guess it's just pot luck. Everybody has different expectations. I need to decide as the prices are creeping up due to volcanic ash and summer brochures are now out.

by goodfish

Take a look at Tripadvisor.com. It is actually the parent company of Virtual Tourist and I use it a lot. That's where i'm seeing the ratings. Don't panic - you'll figure it out!

Let me know if you have trouble finding these hotels on it but it's pretty easy to navigate.

by joesorce

You can do much better than those hotels for the price. What's your budget (per room, per night) and what time of year did you decide on?

by lynne4172.virtualtou

Hi thanks I have booked for Plaza on 25th March 2011. I am travelling from Scotland so any weather has to be ten times better than here. It's safer to book as a package rather than rooms separate just incase any problems with tour operator. Hope it's not too busy but had to fit around school holidays.

by tc4blues

You have made a great choice with the Plaza - we only stay a few nights as we spend the rest of the holiday travelling round Florida, just dropping back to International Drive again the night before we need to return to the airport. Right accross the road (literally) from the Plaza is a large Walgreens, a Millers Ale House which is just the best place to eat and drink great beers and Pointe Orlando which is a small shopping area with a large multiplex cinema and a few bars and eating places. We enjoy Adobe Gilas for cheap food and drink but there are a few more expensive better places if thats what you prefer.

by lynne4172.virtualtou

thanks for that. two children with us so wont be eating anywhere fancy. Have heard a few good reviews for millers. Enjoy your trip.

by loubella

hi,
we stayed at wyndham orlando last sept. we were dreading it due to the reviews on the web but i can honestly say we had the best holiday we ever had. staff were really helpful and rooms were clean and bright maids were lovely and it was beautiful grounds. we will go back definatly.

Comments