Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista Orlando

8200 Palm Parkway, (formerly Palomino Suites), Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States
Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Quality Suites Lake Buena Vista Orlando

Excellent Place for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member ontheflagstick

Our family of 2 adults and 2 kids stayed here for 6 nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

The location of this hotel is excellent since it is within close proximity to the entrance to Walt Disney World and the hotel is close to many nice restaurants.

The hotel management is very responsive and friendly. The morning breakfast is excellent.

We felt this hotel was an outstanding choice after checking on several nearby hotels and comparing rates and amenities.

We would stay here again. We recommend this hotel to others if rates and location are considerations.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member Cali_Traveler68

My husband and I decided to take our son to Orlando to visit Disneyworld for the first time. I guess we could have gone to Disneyland (Anaheim) instead since we're from California. But we thought we'd make the cross country trek. Our trip started on June 21st and ended 8 days later. This hotel caught my eye after reading many reviews...some good, some not so good. And I can tell you that this hotel exceeded my expectations.

First, the staff was helpful and friendly. And I have to give props to the ladies that worked the buffet breakfast. They replenished food when it was running low, they kept the area clean and tidy and they ran the place efficiently. In otherwords, they rocked.

Second, breakfast was a big surprise. I was expecting only coffee, donuts and bagels. This topic was important to me because I needed to plan our budget and past guests didn't give up any info on the subject. So here it goes: sausage, eggs, cereal (bran, fruit loops, flakes), oatmeal, bagels, english muffin, danish, muffins, waffles, yogurt, cream cheese, milk, juice, coffee. We went to breakfast at different times during our stay and we NEVER felt for one moment that food was running out. And other guest that were there (approx 30-40) didn't look disappointed with their meal.

Third, the cleaning crew did a great job with our room. They put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and started the machine, replenished the towels daily, straightened the kitchen/living room and bedroom. Nothing was missing or destroyed.

I thougt the room was large. The pictures don't do it justice. There was a door between the bedroom and the dining/living room which was helpful especially when the little one needed his mid-day nap. There was a television in each room. There were plates, silverware, cups, glasses, refrigerator (almost full size), 2 burner stove, microwave and toaster. The chair in the living room is actually a recliner which we didn't realize until 3 days into the trip.

Good location--close to Downtown Disney, less than 5 miles to the parks. Walgreens less than a mile down the street. Restaurants galore nearby. There as also a Wynn Dixie (sp?) less than 2 miles away. It's off the main drag. Ask the front desk for directions. Don't waste your time at the convenience store down the street from the hotel. Here's a tip: if you love deep dish pizza, try Giordano's. They deliver :-) and the pizza was great.

I would definitely stay again at this hotel and would recommend it to my friends and family.

Safe Travels!!

Not the best

by TripAdvisor Member labsuper

We were in a corner room with some kind of ventilation shaft that was only enclosed by a closet type door. When it rains it makes all kinds of loud pinging noises. The floors were really dirty. The bathroom floor had a spill mark on it when we checked in and it was still there when we left. The last day, the maid service didn't even do our room. Very dissapointing for this chain that is normally trustworthy.

Not a good anniversary, for us!

by TripAdvisor Member eaglesmm

It was our first year anniversary and it was awful. We stayed for 3 nights and were put in a different room everyday! We were told to come back from a theme park, one day to switch rooms! I was told when we checked in, that we wouldn't have to move rooms for the time of our stay. Needless to say we did! From carpets being replaced to crazy noises from the fridge. I spoke with the manager and it was a "What do you expect from the Quailty Inn" attitude. I was never offered a discount or anything. We left two days earlier than planned and didn't enjoy our vacation at all! THANKS FOR THE AWFUL MEMORIES!!!!!!!!

A lot for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Phrank40

I was looking for lodging for one night in Downtown Disney area for a Saturday night, I have stayed in several of the hotels near this Quality Suites, thought I would give it a shot since it is a "suite" hotel.

Check in no problem, had requested an upper story room away from pool and that is what I got. I was nervous about road noise from nearby I-4 but from my room no problems, just a very low hum.

Room was clean, I did not notice any problems. There was a paint smell throughout the building, lots of areas appeared to be newly painted. This a a true suites hotel with a large den/kitchen area, a bedroom with a real door between den area and bedroom. Pull out sofa and a recliner (nice touch). TV in den and bedroom.

Loss of a star for two items- air conditioning unit being loud, I'm not sure if there was a problem or if always sounds like it did, but if staying for more than a night would have asked to have it looked at. Also walls in bedroom don't seem to have a lot of soundproofing.

Free breakfast okay, usual items like eggs, cereal, breads, pastries. Very large dining area which is nice change from some places which have 8 tables in a small area for breakfast.

So bottomline nothing overly fancy but for $68/night lots of room, a breakfast and close to Downtown Disney area I give it 3.5 to 4 stars for what it is.

Room was ok.... rude manger.

by TripAdvisor Member Karenluvtravel

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. The first room they gave to us was dirty and the ac is not cold so we ask for switching rooms. The front desk clerk was friendly but the hotel manager was a little rude. He never apologize for the inconvenience of switching rooms and he had a what do you want me to do attitude. The 2nd room was ok, good for the value, but I don't think I will go back again. There are plenty hotel out there with the same value without the "attitude"

Great Hotel and location two thumbs up!

by TripAdvisor Member daspery1

Very nice hotel. The suites had everything you would need to set up house for a long trip right down to the toaster. the rooms were very clean the hotel was in a quiet location but very close to everything you need.
It had a nice pool (not heated) and a small zacuzzi.
I was empressed and my wife said next time we return to Disney we should stay there again. The price was very good for a suite. We normally stay on Disney property but this was a better deal.
The free breakfast was your average offering but a nice way to save a few dollars.

Best place to stay in Orlando

by TripAdvisor Member Thanks_Quality

We just returned from a trip to Orlando along with my friend's family. We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. As a business traveler I travel to several parts of the country and stay in different hotels but this place is just excellent. Very quiet, clean and very friendly staff. The suites are of good size and very well maintained. It is very close to Disney World and is at a walkable distance from nice restaturants. After the sumptuous continental breakfast everyday, we never felt like having a lunch. My sons 6 years and 9 months respectively and my friend's kids 9 and 4 years had a great time. We dont have any complaints. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Orlando.

- Vijay

Clean, comfortable, spacious, convenient, affordable

by TripAdvisor Member JSVTR

Just what we wanted. All accommodations are two-room suites. Mostly positive overall opinions of the place. Happy with it for the price, mind you. But, the air conditioner was very loud, so we cooled it off during the day whilst away, and turned it off at night. It even leaked water onto the floor, and into the bedroom a bit. But it did not bother us. The hot tub at the pool was colder than the pool. Not a big deal. Nice hot breakfast included. No additional cost. So, the five of use ate and saved money. They usually had coffee, juices, hot chocolate, sausage, eggs (discs), ’frozen’ waffles (no waffle iron to wait on), bread/toast, muffins, yogurt, bagels, cereal, fruit, pastries (danish), etc. Overall, very nice for included pricing. Shuttle service to the parks. Well, the nice thing is THIS hotel is FIRST on the pickup and drop-off. But, it is shared with about 6 or so other hotels. There are few morning pick-ups, and lots of afternoon drop-offs. So we opted to pay the $11 per day parking at the park and drive ourselves. The area around the hotel is pretty convenient. There is a small strip mall with a few eateries just west. And lots more even a bit further. So, no problems for that. You’ll still want to drive, though. I’ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Family Suites (now the Nickelodeon place), the Holiday Inn Sunspree and the Royal Plaza (on Disney property) and for kids I’d say this is the best mix. The kids can have fun, but it’s NOT a zoo.

This hotel was great!

by TripAdvisor Member meech33

This hotel was great for us. We had a two room suite with a king bed. What we loved about the bed were the feather pillows and the lightweight comforter. We had a handicap room so the bathroom was quite large with four bath towels which we loved. The livingroom had a sofa and recliner which we put to good use after a busy day at Sea World. We also had a small kitchenette with a refrigerator that came in handy for keeping soda cold. We liked it so much we just made another reservation for two rooms in Feb. when we're bringing some friends with us. The free breakfast wasn't bad either. Unilike most places that just have toast, cereal, muffins, etc. we also had hot sausage patties and eggs. Front desk clerks were also very friendly and helpful with ann we needed. I would definately recommend this place to anyone.

atlantis 9/08/2006atlantis 9/08/2006

Mickey's country houseMickey's country house

scruffy murphy'sscruffy murphy's

Entrance to UniversalEntrance to Universal

weather

by moore24

Hiya cab anyone tell me what the weather eill be like in july in orlando ?

by wandamesser

The weather will be HOT and humid. We are already running air conditioning
and today was 86 degrees. July will hit in the 90's, mid 90's
hope this helps.

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Orlando for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Daylight hours 14
UV level 11 = Extreme
Humidity = Very High

by jumpingwithnorman

Orlando in July is very HOT & HUMID... I usually avoid going to Florida in the heat of summer (July & August). Unless you are used to a tropical climate, this weather is sweat-inducing and necessitates getting in & out of shower/beach/water quite often. I usually carry around a little spray bottle which I fill with water and it does help cool me down as I'm going around.
Great for going to the beach though....
If you are set on going to Orlando in July, might I suggest a visit to TYPHOON LAGOON (Disney's water park) or WET-N-WILD? Pack lots of sunscreen, sunglasses, hat & light-colored clothes along with the little spray bottles of water.
Enjoy!

by cjg1

My experience from visiting and living in rlando is that summers are hot (80 degrees and up). During the day there is always the change of the typical Florida down pour (that normally doesn't last long). Bring a re-fillable water botle for walking around during the day and if you are carrying a backpack you might want to pack an umbrella or lightweight rain poncho.

Comments