Radisson Lake Buena Vista Orlando

12799 Apopka Vineland Rd, (formerly Days Inn Buena Vista), Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States
Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

More about Radisson Lake Buena Vista Orlando

Great Last Day Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member traveltn

We stayed at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista, FL on our last day of our Disney vacation. We actually got it by mistake. We had called the Radisson website to get a room at the Country Inns and Suites, LBV, but the operator gave us a room at the same price at the Radisson LBV by mistake. It was a very good mistake! We were very impressed by this newly renovated hotel. The bets were great. The room was wonderful. The only complaints would be the somewhat aggressive timeshare booth in the lobby and the fact I left my custom orthopedic bed pillow behind by mistake. We did not try the restaurant or the pool, but the pool looked accommodating and had a nice attendance. The only bad thing about the hotel is that when leaving the Disney property, there is no curb cut to turn into the parking lot. You have to go down past I-4 and make a u-turn to come back up to the hotel. We would definitely stay here again if not staying on Disney property. Our rate for one night was only $80.

Great Hotel for Disney Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member famileetraveler

Our family stayed at the Radisson Lake Buena Vista for our Disney vacation. The hotel is quite new (or recently redone) and exceptionally clean. We got a great rate that averaged $84 per night from July 15 through July 21, 2008.

The room was very nice and cleaned thoroughly every day. There are comfortable sleep number beds, quality linens, a refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv and nice furnishings.

The outdoor pool and whirlpool are clean and were sufficiently large to accomodate all guests during our stay. The weather was hot and the kids really enjoyed the pool to cool off at the end of the day. Although the hotel is located right next to I4, the traffic noise was not overbearing in the pool area.

The front desk staff was very nice and answered any questions reliably.

There was ample parking during our stay, even when arriving at the hotel after midnight.

There is a nice gift shop in the hotel with reasonable prices for souvenirs, tee shirts, hats, breakfast cereals, beverages, etc. There is also a large gift store and a Waffle House (open 24 hours) nearly adjoining the hotel.

The location to Orlando attractions is excellent. The Disney property is literally across the street with easy access to all resorts and theme parks. We drove to the parks every day with no problems at all (great signage on the Disney property). There are MANY places to eat within walking distance of the hotel, such as Perkins, Red Lobster, McDonalds, Chevys, etc.

The only thing we really didn't care for at the hotel itself was the glass bowl type sink in the bathroom (you can see pictures of this in the hotel photos). It was difficult to regulate the water so that it didn't splash out of the bowl and onto the counter top or your clothes. There also seemed to be a water pressure problem during our stay. The water kind of surged at times which made the sink even more difficult to use. It looked nice, but just wasn't very practical.

Another minor annoyance was that we couldn't make a left turn into the hotel when coming from the north on Apopka Vineland Rd. (highway 535). We just continued south past the hotel and under the I4 overpass. We made a U-turn at the first set of stop lights then arrived at the hotel from the south. That being said, it was VERY easy to get to the hotel from Disney. When leaving any of the theme parks we immediately got onto I4 and took the highway 535 Lake Buena Vista exit (exit 68) off of I4. We then turned left onto Apopka Vineland Rd. which brought us right to the hotel from the south - very easy.

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member filmhero

The reviews of this hotel are dead on. It's a great new hotel, and a great value. The location is super, very close to Downtown Disney, a short drive to Universal Citywalk. The Hotel isn't the most oppulent in the world (I'm a hotel snob) but is new, great clean rooms, very nice room bath rooms, nice flat screens. Above all else it's a great deal at about $90 a night! It is much better than the other Radisson properties in Orlando!

Extended Stay at the Radisson LBV

by TripAdvisor Member digitalsabre

We stayed here from June 24th to July 4th, and it was great! As stated before the hotel seems brand new. I booked the stay directly through Radisson, if you are staying for more than 7 days, there is a special extended stay rate that is available only through their website.

I had a room with two queen beds and a pull out sleeper sofa. It's nice to have the extra bed, one of the few hotels of this price range to accommodate up to 6. There is a flat TV on the wall with a video input for a gaming system. There is also an in room safe, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

The bathrooms have nice marble counters with a fancy sink and faucet.

The beds are pretty comfortable, with adjustment for firmness. One thing though, each side of the bed gets two pillows, which is normal, but one of the pillows is HUGE! I couldn't get the pillows situated properly! Radisson should go to a system of smaller pillows like Hampton Inn where there are several different types of pillows to choose from for each person. with varying degrees of firmness.

Some people mentioned the highway noise. I had a room facing the highway, and none of us thought the noise was bad. Also, some mentioned the AC turning off and on, I didn't find this to be much of a problem. The AC is controlled by a wall mounted thermostat. Noise from hallways or adjoining rooms was also not a problem.

The pool area is also good, and was hardly ever busy. There is also a bar that looked good, but didn't have a chance to visit.

Since there is a center median you will more than like have to perform the U-turn mentioned in earlier reviews to get to your hotel, or to get to I-4. Most of the time the U-turn is not a problem, only during peak traffic times is it a pain.

The location of the hotel is very good with quick access to theme parks. Also, plenty of restaurants and a grocery store is just north of the hotel in the Crossroads shopping center.

There are a few things I would like to see at this hotel. Better Wi-Fi access, and a place to do laundry. There is a cleaners less then a mile north of the hotel, we took our clothes there for basic wash and fold, kind of expensive but we didn't have to deal with laundry on our vacation! Oh, and a larger trash bin would be good too!

Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, and would seriously consider staying here again.

Beautiful New Hotel! Right next to Disney!

by TripAdvisor Member pashredux

Oh a whim a group of friends and I decided to go to Walt Disney World. We didn't have the money for one of the Disney Resorts and noticed a moderatly priced brand new hotel right across from Downtown Disney.

The staff was beyond nice. They were friendly and ready to help with whatever we needed. They even upped our room to a suite for no additional charge! Our room had two queen beds with a sofa bed in the living room plus a bedroom (with closing doors) harboring a king bed and a bathroom. There were two flat screens in the room with a brilliant picture. The beds were very comfortable, sheets were clean, and infact...the intire room was spotless.

The hotel was not noisy. It was very well maintained. Free breakfast. Perfect. I can't say enough. I wish it was in downtown disney but otherwise it was great. They offered free shuttle to the disney parks and downtown disney.

If you don't care about staying in a Disney Resort this is the place.

OK hotel, Good for visiting Disney and Sea World

by TripAdvisor Member KennyfanFairfaxVA

This hotel served as a base for our trip to Orlando -unlike most people, we weren't looking for the Disney experience and wanted a couple of days at both Disney and Sea World. This hotel was an easy drive to both, but the previous comments about the U-Turn are spot on. We are from DC area and yet the traffic still shocked us.

The hotel is nice and our room was comfortable with some minor quibbles. It was clean and service was good. The sleep number bed was fine provided you could figure out your number (my husband never quite got his so he complained but the rest of us were fine). We didn't love the bathroom sink - although it was new and modern, it tended to get water all over the place and it came out quite far from the wall, plus there was no magnifiying mirror, so for a short person with bad eyesight like me, it was hard to put on makeup.

We did the breakfast promotion - I don't recommend it. 1) You are near cheaper places to eat breakfast plus a grocery store and 2) the service in the hotel restaurant is awful (our only bad service experience by the way, the rest of the hotel staff were very nice and helpful) and the food is so-so and overpriced.

Overall this is a good choice for sleeping quarters and a base - you can find very good rates here.

Good Buy for the Money But>>>>>>>>>>>>>

by TripAdvisor Member mariawFL

This hotel is well-situated, just a few miles from Disney, along I4. There is a shuttle service, but it only runs in the morning and evening, so if you want to leave the parks for a few hours and come back to the hotel for a swim or a nap before returning, you will need to take your own car or a cab.

We were a little put off by the fact that when we called the day of our arrival, about 2 hrs. before the normal checkin time of 3PM, we were told no problem. After we checked in, we were told maintenance was being done and there might be no water between 1 and 5 PM. The water was off for awhile and the problem fixed, but it would have been nice to know beforehand.

Other than this issue, the hotel was well-outfitted and the service personnel polite and professional. A continental breakfast would have been nice, but for the price, it can't be beat.

Very bad hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dubai008

we stayed 6 nights.Just like only 6 people are working, not enough stuff.
There is one black girl at reception, she was soo rude
we carried all our luggage into hotel, nobody even say hi to us
check out was same as well.
there is no room service after 10pm.
pool area, if you need something to eat ,you have to go to kitchen, make for yourself,

never stayed again,

Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member nypenman

My wife and our two boys just spent 4 nights here and we found it to be a great value. I booked it based on the reviews here at Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed.

This hotel was recently renovated and sits right off of I-4 at Exit 68. You can clearly see it from the highway. It was recently renovated and at $100/night after taxes, it is a great value. One side of the hotel faces the highway, the other side faces the shopping center. We faced the highway, but the light highway humm we heard didn't affect our sleep. If you're a light sleeper, it might though.

The room had a wall mounted flat screen t.v., a mini refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker. They have Sleep Number beds, which I slept in for the first time, and I had a hard time getting used to it. The beds inflate or deflate with air pressure, with each side adjusting independently - they''re interesting, but I wouldn't spend the money on one myself (try getting cozy with someone with each side having oppsoite settings). There was also a loveseat sofa and a desk, all newly furnished.

We ordered room service one night (last call at 9:40pm) and the prices were actually reasonable for a hotel. The breakfast needs a lot of help though. They charge $12.99/adult and $7.99/kid for a buffet, but it was pretty minimal. If you like to eat lots of scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage, it's good, but you'd have to pay $1.99 for toast. There weren't any bagels, pastries, drinks, or cereal. You get a better value ordering a la carte or at the Waffle House across the parking lot.

The swimming pool was not too big or small, just the right size for the hotel, no lifeguard though. The lounge chairs at the pool are very comfortable, with nice cushions. The gift shop hour sare very strange, open only in the morning and evening. The fitness center only has a universal and a couple of cardio machines.

Unfortunately, the only place for Wi-Fi is the hotel lobby - it won't reach the pool. We were on the 8th floor and they actually brought up an ethernet cable, saying I could get internet by plugging into the wall. I got it the first day, but didn't get it the rest of the days. When I asked the front desk, they couldn't answer why - only that I should re-boot my computer.

We've stayed in Orlando many times, and find the Radisson LBV to be one of the better values. It's clean and comfortable, and located within an easy drive to just about everything.

LOVED IT!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bellissima_93

Wonderful location, didn't have a problem with the U-turn, very minor complaint from other reviews. Loved the service, the cleanliness, modern decor. Above it all IT WAS QUIET!!!! Wonderful, very relaxing. The sleep number bed for me was a plus, you have to test out different numbers to find your own. We had the jacuzzi room, will definitely book anytime we stay in Orlando again.

Canadians going to Disney World for first Time

by ranman44

We are taking our 8 year old boy for to Disney World for the first time for the last two weeks of October (2009). Couple of questions. What's the weather like at this time of year? We will be staying at the Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista. Any comments on this hotel? Area? I appreciate any comments or anything that might help us make this a memorable trip. Thanks

by riorich55

2 weeks. You will be able to see it all, just make sure to take plenty of breaks each day. Our first trip with the kids to Orlando was made many years ago in the middle of October. The weather was great in the 70's and 80's. We were able to spend time at Typhoon Lagoon which is a great place to relax for a day or in your case maybe two.

I don't know anything about the Radisson Hotel other then it is close to the Disney entrance.

If you have a car for part of the trip you may want to take your son to the Kennedy Space Center for a day which is both fun and educational and while there you could spend some time on the beaches.

In Orlando make sure you go over to International Drive. They have lots of kids activities, restaurants, etc as you will need some time away from the mouse.

by SONG

Orlando is beautiful year round.....with the months of June and July having the most rain. October will be fabulous. SeaWorld is one of my favorite parks and the kids love Shamu. I Drive south of Sand Lake road has lots if interesting attractions which I would recommend. And a trip to the beaches on either coast plus NASA would be do-able within your two weeks. You can do a whole day tour of NASA and have lunch with one of the astronauts. They have an 800 number...not sure what it is. Enjoy your trip to The City Beautiful and email me if you have any more questions. I'd be happy to respond.
Kathy

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Orlando for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Daylight hours 11
UV level 7 = High
Humidity = Moderate

by gamma28

Weather should be great. The Lake Buena Vista area is close to Downtown Disney and I am sure that your hotel has shuttles into Disney world. There's a shopping center just across from the turn off the main road, Irlo Bronson, that has a supermarket, miniature golf and a couple of restaurants and more fast food places.

Comments