Ramada Inn

6500 International Drive, I-4 Exit 74-A, Orlando, Florida, 32819-8218, United States
Ramada Plaza Resort and Suites Orlando International Drive
Travelocity Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about Ramada Inn

Not too bad at all!

We have just got back from a visit to Orlando when we stayed in this hotel. I had read some reviews which praised it before I booked and then read some recently which said it was awful so I was nervous. I would agree with the previous review that security was a problem as it is a motel set-up rather than hotel and the entrance to the rooms and the lift is open to the public. This made it feel very open to anyone who wanted to come into the room areas. However I never felt threatened and was quite happy to walk to get coffee etc. There is an excellant coffee shop just left on I Drive run by a lovely couple and a Starbucks in the opposite direction. The lift was full of graffitti and looked very dodgy and I was concerned about what my kids might read but I never saw anyone hanging around them. However we weren't often out late at night. The room was very clean and in good condition - everything worked! There was maid service and clean towels every day. The maid cleaned the bathroom, hoovered and made the beds every day. The staff were really friendly and very helpful. The pool was clean when we were there and we saw it being cleaned each morning and night. My children loved using it after a day at the parks and I was happy to use it. The complimentary breakfast was brilliant. I had read that it was all gone but when we were there it was kept well stocked with four or five choices of bagles, white/brown bread, waffles, cereal, coffee and juice. When we were there it was changing over from Wellesley to a Ramada Inn and it seemed the new owners were making improvements - new shower at the poolside and some renovations. People who stayed in the last 6-12 months may have suffered because the old owners would not have wanted to do any improvements if they were selling. I spoke to some other UK guests who were unhappy with the accommodation and it seemed that the cost of the package holiday price did not reflect what the accommodation was - which is a budget motel. If you booked direct a room was about $50 -$60 a night for four which makes it good value for what you get.

Stayed During Hurricane Evacuation

Stayed here during the Hurrican Evacuation from our area on the Coast! As Hurricanes go, it turned and hit the orlando area also!
The place was packed with multiple families staying in single rooms and many pets that came with them from the evacuated areas.
The Staff and management were great dealing with the situation and am sure it took weeks to get things back to normal! IF they are yet!!!!!!
Am going back next month to Disney and staying at this motel!
Restaurant was ok, cafe was excllent and close to everything! And the price is right for people who spend time doing things instead of sitting in a room!

by TripAdvisor Member vicki_croydon

we got there 1st day there was a football game there was music till 4 in the morning shouting and screaming it was a football game so we put up with it but when it carried on for 3/4 days it was taking the mickey!!
the lifts were stinking of urine graffiti on all walls in lifts. there were refurbished 4 days before we left.
a fire alarm went off i only heard it cause of fire engine coming aorund to receptin i rang reception and she said please evacuate we walked down stairs levels 3/2 you couldnt hear fire alarm i rang my friends on level 5 they came down. we knew an elderly couple on level 5 i told receptonest and she dont worry about them!! okay i know there was a few huricane's but im sure they could have fenced off the hole in the metal fence staright into the lake they could ahve filled in holes by swimming pool,
Rooms Were great basic but great 2 double beds 28' tv radio alarm lovely view alittle mould but i expected that with huricane's it was about 5'x5' nothing to bother air conditioning was ok abit loud and an old system but did the job we only paid 950.00 for 2 people 14nights flights included we heard people paid 800.00 pp for same was worth the money we paid but not any more

Good for the price, but not great...

by TripAdvisor Member da644

We stayed at the Ramada Inn on International drive for the first two weeks of December and it was good accommodation for the price we paid.

We didn't really expect much, but the room was a good size with two double beds, a great view around the lake, an ok bathroom (little dated, but clean and tidy), nice large TV with plenty of channels (NBC, HBO, CNN, Disney, Nick, etc.) plus a fridge and microwave. I have stayed in plenty more up market hotel and didn't get a room such good facilities. The decor of the room feels a little dated and cheap, but it really was only a base for us to use to sleep in and for this it was just fine.

The hotel is located in the middle of International Drive, set back slightly behind some shops, which is a very busy area in Orlando, so don't be expecting it to be quiet and out of the way, but once inside the room, you really can't hear the noise from outside. However, the location is really good if you are going to be visiting the Universal complex as it really is only 5 minutes drive from the hotel, in fact we could see some of the rides at Univerisal from are room!!! Also it is right next door to the Wet and Wild water park, so if you are going there then you can walk. There is also plenty of over stuff nearby, places to get food, amusements, crazy golf, etc... All within walking distance. There is a TGI Friday and Chillis around the corner and a Pizza Hut almost opposite.

The other main attractions in Orlando are slightly further away. Seaworld is at the south end of International about 10 mins by car. The four Disney parks are down I-4 and are about 15-25 mins away by car.

The hotel also provides a free breakfast for all guests, however the dining room is very small and the choice is very limited. There is seating for about about 30 - 35 people and basically cornflakes, toast, waffles, tea, coffee and orange juice on offer. Considering the size of the hotel, this is very small and we got fed up with going in the end and just got some bits at a nearby Walmart to have for breakfast.

The only other thing I would say is that the hotels setup might seem strange to European visitors. The rooms are not accessed via the reception of the hotel, anyone can simply walk up off the street and get in the lift up to the room. This did seem a little strange to us at first, but as we looked around, many hotel in Orlando seem to have a similar setup. However, we never felt unsafe like some of the other posts mention.

I would recommend this hotel based on the room facilities and cost, but don't expect the world and you really will not be disappointed.

WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN!

by TripAdvisor Member ikduncan

Stayed here as an "allocate on arrival" and despite the value we got we still wanted to move on after a day. Room was damp smelling and in bad repair. Lifts were "grotty", We've been to orlando many times and this was the worst place we've stayed by far.

stay away

I can not even believe a travel company would even use it. A rip off. The hotel was dirty and dark. Some of the staff were very rude and unhelpful.
Stay away if you do not want your holiday ruined.

well worth the long flight from the uk

myself and my family have stayed here the last two years and we are hoping to return next year we thought that it was excellant hotel clean and tidy....staff where very helpful. my husband is disabled and he was treated well hope to be back next year...

Good for the price

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel on the 11th floor (average of 70$/night). The room is clean and there's a wonderful view over Orlando.
The breakfast (free) is good (not a lot of choice) but the dining room is very small for all guests and deadline for breakfast is 9AM.
There are walkways and it's a little noisy till 1130PM.

Awful Awful Awful !

by TripAdvisor Member jdybnsn

Dirty, with no real facilities -unless you include free wake up calls from the trash collectors at 05.30am ! To be avoided at all costs - fourth rate motel. An embarrassment to Orlando / America.

Best value we got in Florida

I don't understand the negative reviews on this site and have to wonder if they stayed at the same place. Stayed 3 nights 28th - 30th March with my family. The room was the biggest we got during our fortnight in Florida and it included a fridge and microwave. It was clean (as were the lifts!) and although close to International Drive it was quiet. Nice view over the lake and you could watch the turtles in it after breakfast. Breakfast room was fairly small but you could take it out by the pool if you wanted. We were still there at 9 am one morning and, unlike one reviewer, people were still coming in and getting food. And we payed as much for one night in Miami South Beach as we did for 3 nights here!

space shuttle atlantisspace shuttle atlantis

Alex posing by Mickey's bedroomAlex posing by Mickey's bedroom

Aerosmith CoasterAerosmith Coaster

The Cat in the Hat and Little Old MeThe Cat in the Hat and Little Old Me

Gated community

by Azzagazza

Hiya, We are planning a trip to Florida next year from the UK, and want to hire a villa near Disney etc. Have heard the gated communities are a good choice. We would like one that maybe has a restaurant / bar onsite but having problems finding anything on the net. Don't know if these facilities are available? Does anyone have any suggestions? Can anybody recommended the best resort to stay? Thanks for any help

by riorich55

Here is one for you to check out which is only about 1 mile from Sea World and an equal distance from both Disney and the Universal Theme Parks. It is a Marriott property called Marriott Grande Vista. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcogv-marriotts-grande-vista/. About 7 years ago we purchased a timeshare here at a very low key presentation and have actually stayed at the property once 2 years ago. It is very relaxing and you can get a place with either 1, 2 or 3 bedrooms. This is not a sales pitch, just a recommendation since we have stayed here and did enjoy it. Check out my Orlando pages for a few photos.

by jschibal

You won't find any villas in gated communities with an onsite restaurant or bar. If you rent a villa, MAKE SURE you are renting a car. Don't even consider using the public transportation in Orlando. I can't recommend a specific villa rental company. If you want to find a nice hotel or even a nice condo, use www.hotwire.com.

I use it all the time and as long as you choose 3.5 stars or above, you will always get a Hilton or Mar riot level hotel. I just did a search and they have a 4 star condo for only $58 per night in the Seaworld area. 3.5 star hotel in the Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney area for $48 per night. Once again, choose 3.5 or ABOVE in either Seaworld, I-Drive, Lake Buena Vista or Downtown Disney.

Enjoy!

by Azzagazza

Thank you for the replies, the marriott place looks gorgeous and probably just what we are looking for!!!!

by Lauz

Are you stuck on a villa or would you consider an apartment? If you would take a look at Bahama Bay its just off the 192 about 20 mins from Disney by car. Very nice 2/3 bedroom apartments with pools and restaurants/bar on site. Nice lake with beach as well.

by lisamotley

Windsor Hills or Windsor Palms are both gated and close to Disney as well as highway 192. Anything you want to eat is on this road. The road is also called Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy and Vine street. VRBO.com is a great place to rent a place in either of these communities

Comments