Renaissance Orlando Airport

More about Renaissance Orlando Airport

Renaissance Hotel

by paulapes

"Beautiful facilities"

This is the atrium in the center of the lobby. Look closely and you can see a man on the left side of the atrium...this will give you an idea of how big this thing is! There are two types of birds inside.

"Exotic Birds (to me anyway)"

Some of you are familiar with the birds inside this atrium, and I've heard about one, the kookaburra. Actually, I used to sing a song about it..."kookaburra up in the old gum treeeee...." I believe it's an Australian bird..right? Anyway, this is the first time I've seen one.

"Lady Jane Grey"

And this is the other....I believe the name was Lady Jane Grey...please let me know if I got it wrong.

"Beautiful pool area"

.....that we didn't get to use!

space shuttle endeavourspace shuttle endeavour

Tomorrowland's Indy SpeedwayTomorrowland's Indy Speedway

Tigger Coffee CupsTigger Coffee Cups

Simpsons RideSimpsons Ride

Renaissance Hotel

by HelenUK

Hi,we are a family 2adults and a 14yr old boy.We are coming to orlando in june06 for the first time.We are booked to stay at thr renaissance at seaworld.
With this being our first time we are not driving giong to use hotel transport,taxis etc,What i would like to know is has anyone stated here latley ,what is it like and is there any good places to eat,shop,nearby.Hope u can help.

by springbreak105

You will need to use some sort of transportation because nothing is in walking distance, especially in June.

The hotel does have a central location to everything. Disney World is only a few exits away off I-4, International Drive is right down the road, Seaworld is shuttle distance, Universal is a short taxi ride; Premium Outlets and Mall at Millennia are both taxi distances.

RE: RE: Renaissance Hotel

by HelenUK

Is there a walmart within walking distance ,also denys or the ponderosa restaurants for a cheap feed.

by Frisbeeace

I stayed there in February for a convention but wouldn't go there with my family. There are much better choices specially in the Lake Buena Vista area. Yes, it has a "central location" which means that it is not close to anything but Sea World. Check my Orlando tips for some good choices.

RE: RE: Renaissance Hotel

by HelenUK

Hi,we have now changed our booking and are going to be staying at the animal kingdom lodge.

by springbreak105

You will LOVE the Animal Kingdom Lodge, it is one of the nicest hotels I have been to anywhere!

places to eat and shop around the renaissance hotel at seaworld.

by HelenUK

Hi,we will be in orlando for 1 week from the 5th june,what we would like to know is there anywhere nice to have breakfast and possible an evening meal within walking distance and also is there anywhere to stock up on food incase we have the munchies.I have been told the hotel is nice and has shuttle busses to all parks.We are also doing 1 day at dc and 1 day at seaworld which r next to the hotel am i right?This is our first time as you can tell havnt got a clue but getting there (i think)we are also going to the bahamas for our second week to do nothing but lie around and have lots of alcahol.

RE: places to eat and shop around the renaissance hotel at seaworld.

by rachmac

There are so many places to eat in orlando, one place i recomend is called ponderosa(there is a couple along international drive), It is a steak restaurant with an all you can eat buffet for around $9.99 inc desert and free refills on your drinks, the buffet is excellent it has so many varities of food!They also do a breakfast menu for around $5-6!.
If your hotel says its at sea world then it will be right near there, maybe not right next to it but it will be near by.there is also an i ride(which is like a tram bus) which for a few dollars drives from one end right to the other of international drive, which is a great way to get around.
Sea world and discovery cove are fantastic u will have a great time!

RE: places to eat and shop around the renaissance hotel at seaworld.

by toontycoon

Hi there i hope this info helps we are going to the hawthorn suites seaworld and this web site http://maps.mapnetwork.com/orlando/ will tell you what is local, If not why not email your hotel as we did and there told us all we needed to know,.

CHRISTMAS DAY LUNCH?

by hollylolly

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can advise me of the best place to go for Christmas lunch. I have a 3 year old & have been considering Celebration Hotel. (I've heard it is very festive carolers, santa & snow etc-although I'm not sure if this is on Christmas day itself. Another option is one of the Disney hotels although I'm not sure its such a good idea to brave the crowds at Magic Kingdom!! Someone else has suggested the Renaissance hotel although I dont think it is very christmassy!! Please help!!

Travel Tips for Orlando

Swan Boats

by b1bob

This also should be a transportation tip. I particularly enjoyed the swan boats as it was a relaxing cruise through the canals between Main street USA and Fantasyland and around the castle. On the front page for this destination, the castle shot was taken from one of the swan boats. I understand that among the reason they discarded the Swan Boats in 1983 was that they were "too popular".

The great shopping!

by Scotsgal

A lot of the clothes, shoes and souvenirs are very cheap in Orlando. Make sure not to miss Orlando Premium Mall and Lake Buena Vista!

How to get there:
Located directly off Interstate 4, exit 27

Shoes

by larababy

Comfortable, broken in shoes. I can't stress that enough. You will be walking up to 8 miles per day through the parks. Please don't buy new shoes for the holiday without wearing them in first. A travel kettle and tea bags/coffee. Not all hotels have them as standard. Especially for those brits that have to have a cuppa as soon as they've opened their eyes.

Orlando's Other Castle

by sswagner

Medieval Times actually has several establishments in the United States. Naturally, Kissimee is a good place to have one with all of the restaurants and hotels nearby. This is a dinner show that features knights on horseback and a tournament involving various weaponry.

Guests are served a meal of chicken, a rib, pototoes, bread, soup, and a pastry all to be eaten without utensils. As you eat, you are to wear your paper crown and cheer the knight which matches the color of your assigned section. The horse stunts are really amazing. Medieval Times proved to be a lifesaver on a rainy day since this is all in an enclosed structure. If it is obvious that the weather is going to be bad for one of your days/nights in Orlando, this could be a very good option. Just be sure to call as soon as you can before the show sells out.

Comments