Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North

ResidenceInn.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 38% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista

This is a nice, new, five story hotel with wonderfully friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is located just outside of Disney, so is very convenient for traveling families, but it also has conference facilities for business meetings.

The hotel features a beautiful swimming pool in its internal courtyard, but my favorite feature is the white wooden rocking chairs on the front veranda. They offer free wi-fi in the lobby and conference areas even for those not staying in the hotel, while the wi-fi in the rooms is limited to guests. Liek most Residence Inn hotels, this one had complimentary breakfast and a managers cocktail hour in the evening--a great start and end to most any busy day.

Though I didn't stay here, I attended a five day conference, and the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They were eager to provide whatever support we needed from food to faxing.

Directions: Just outside the Downtown Disney entrance

More about Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista North

Family Suite worked well at Residence Inn Orlando

SUMMARY:

We got lodging close to DisneyWorld for three adults and three kids with a large living room and full kitchen for $125 per night. It included full breakfast everyday which saved money. And we were able to pick up groceries and eat some meals in the room, which also saved money. It worked out well.

POSITIVES:

Family Suite worked well for 3 adults and 3 younger kids (ages 5, 4, and 2).

Main room was much more spacious than expected.

Kitchen has full fridge and dishwasher.

Full breakfast buffet included daily.

Close to DisneyWorld, entertaiment, shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores.

Pool was nice-sized, with smaller kiddie pool, and a large hot tub that was actually HOT rather than the lukewarm tubs found at many hotels.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room cleaning/maid service was very good.

POSSIBLE DRAWBACKS:

The two beds in the kids room are only about 52" x27" so it would not be a good choice for families with older kids.

Only one bathroom.

Noise from occasional motorcycles or large trucks on freeway could disturb light sleepers.

Elevators were slow.

DETAILS:

We stayed four nights at Marriott's Residence Inn in Lake Buena Vista (Orlando), Florida (September 14 to 18, 2004). We got one of the "family suites" for $125 US per night. We were very pleased. The suite is designed for five people, but we had six with no problems. My wife and I slept in the Master Bedroom, my sister was on the sofa bed, the 5-year-old and 4-year-old were on the two smaller beds in the kid's room. The 2-year-old slept with his mom on the sofa sleeper some nights, and on couch cushions on the floor of the kid's room part of the time (to be near the other kids).

You get off of Interstate 4 at exit 68 (Route 535, also known as S. Apopka Vineland Rd). Go north on 535, and there is a heavily developed restaurant and hotel area to your right. To get to the hotel, go north a couple street and take a right on Palm Parkway. It winds through the hotels, and then, about 1/2 mile after all the other hotels, you'll see the Residence Inn on the right. By the way, if you South on 535 from the Interstate, there are more restaurants and a large outlet mall shopping area to the east of 535.

Best thing about the Family Suite was that the main room was much larger than I expected. It was probably 12' by 18' or even a bit larger. It had a sofa sleeper, TV with VCR, kitchen table that seated 4 easily, and a FULL kitchen (with dishwasher, full-size refrigerator, sink, full stove, coffee maker), much more than we had expected.

The Master Bedroom was a bit tight spacewise. But it had a king bed (seemed a bit smaller than our king bed at home), a dresser, TV, desk, and side table. A closet and a vanity/sink led to a the bathtub/shower and toilet (which were behind a closeable door). The fact that the Master Bedroom was a bit cramped was not a problem since we spent most of our time in the main room.

The kid's room was great. It was small and kind of odd shaped (more of a triangle than a square), but it was perfect for the kids. It was decorated with sea creatures on the headboards and walls. It had the two small beds (which were wood frames and decent quality matresses---I had expected plastic "kiddie beds" with cheap matresses) with a night stand and lamp between them, a TV/VCR on a shelf, and a desk.

There was no door between the kids room and the main room (just an opening about 3 feet wide), which wasn't a big problem for us, but may be for some people.

Having 3 TV sets (2 with VCRs) was a plus for us.

Two of the kids with us were very light sleepers, and usually sleep with a noisy fan next to their beds at home. The noise of motorcycles or large trucks on the nearby highway woke them up several times. So, if you'll be traveling with light sleepers, you may want to invest in a "sleep machine" that outputs background noise to mask the highway noises. (Of course, that would hold true for many hotels, and can't really be a criticism of this particular hotel.)

The housekeeping staff was great, and was very prompt. For example, when one of the kids had an "accident", they had new bed linens to us very quickly.

The breakfast buffet was a full meal. Sausage patties, scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal, juices, bagels, toast, coffee, milk, ygourt, fresh fruit, and more. Biscuits and sausage gravy took the place of sausage patties on Wednesday and Saturday. Interestingly, I never saw bacon.

The pool is nice sized. Not small, but not huge either. The whirlpool hot tub was larger than I expected (could probably seat 10) and the water was hot. The kiddie pool was a simple round pool about 2 feet deep and about 10 feet across. There was a small bar (just the bar with 4 bar stools) next to the pool that added a nice touch---I'm not sure what hours a bartender was on duty.

We were on the fifth floor, the top floor, and the elevators were slow---each elevator ride took two to three times the amount of time I would have expected from an "average" elevator. It was a bit of a frustration, but not a big deal.

There was a bit of a "fresh paint" smell in the hallways, especially on our first day, but I attribute that to repair work from the recent hurricanes. The odor was not in our room.

Overall, we enjoyed the hotel and enjoyed our stay. I would definitely consider going back to this hotel, especially if we had young children along and could make use of the Family Suite.

Great time at Residence Inn

by TripAdvisor Member dotdty86

The Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista was an excellent value. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the pool is quite large. I'm not sure how, but we got a $79 per night rate in October/November for a one-bedroom suite, perfect for our family of three. The kitchen and a 10-minute drive to Publix on Central Florida Parkway helped us cut down immensely on food costs. Having the kitchen also allowed us to save our leftovers from any meals out. Don't shop at the nearby Goodings - prices are 25% to 50% higher than at Publix.

A tip for travelers to Disney is to avoid heavy congestion at the I-4/Hwy 535 interchange by exiting the hotel and going north on Palm Parkway 1.5 miles to Central Florida Parkway, then entering I-4 south. It's circuitous, but it was better than waiting at the lights on 535 and dealing with motorists who figure out they are in the wrong lane at the last minute. This is especially the case if you're going to any park except Epcot and are using one of the I-4 Disney exits further south.

Great hotel, great location!!

by TripAdvisor Member janineskrundz

We spent 2 weeks at the Residence Inn in February and couldn't of been more pleased. We had a 2 bedroom suite with 2 full bathrooms and 3 TV's, a full kitchen and plenty of space. This hotel is a very short driving distance to all Disney attractions with very easy access. The shuttle service that is available is inadequate as it only picks up once a day and drops off once a day. A car is almost a neccesity. The hotel was one of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed at. Not once were we ever bothered by noise from any neighbors, yet the hotel was fully booked at the time. The breakfast buffet in the morning is fabulous. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The pool area is very nice, clean and quite large. Just up the street from the hotel there is a large selection of family restaurants to choose from as well as a Winn Dixies for all your grocery needs. All in all, it was a fabulous 2 weeks in Orlando and I would recommend this hotel to anyone with a family travelling to Disneyworld.

Terrific Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Cyndi

We stayed at this property for 5 days just prior to Hurricane Frances' arrival and we were VERY pleased we booked our stay at this hotel.

The staff was friendly, courteous and accommodating. Our second floor 2 bedroom suite was spacious, well maintained, very clean and well-appointed with nice touches that include free high-speed internet access, a welcome basket with coffee and microwave popcorn as well as a hair dryer and ironing board right in the room.

Although others have spoken about noise, I personally felt that the facility was very quiet, including the pool area which was scrupulously maintained and never crowded. The poolside hot tub was a delightful way to unwind after a long day at the parks.

Its proximity to I-4 and the major Disney attractions (just far away enough to be quiet but close enough to make traveling a breeze)is a real plus as well allowing us to travel back to the hotel from Disney World for afternoon siestas and dips in the pool before taking on Disney at night. (We never used the shuttle service to Disney so I can't comment on that other than to say we never saw a shuttle to Disney during our entire stay!)

There are a variety of reasonably priced eateries within a five minute drive of the property and the hotel has made arrangements with several of those restaurants to deliver to those who prefer to eat in the room's fully equipped kitchen.

The complimentary breakfast buffet is perfectly fine-- nothing fancy, just a plentiful selection of hot and cold breakfast foods for all tastes (including a make your own waffle station). It was a real moneysaver for our family.

All in all this property is a winner and we highly recommend it. We will definitely stay there again--its favorable rating on trip advisor is well deserved and absolutely accurate.

Look no further. You will find no better hotel for the price.

Great hotel for Disney Vacation!

This was our first trip to Disney (11/10-11/15-04) and we were a little nervous about booking hotels- many people told us the hotels inside the park were too expensive, rooms too small and too loud, etc.... We were not looking for a budget vacation, but like most folks we don't like blowing lots of money unneccesarily. We didn't know how we would like being "away" from the park. NO PROBLEMS HERE- the hotel was extremely clean, quiet, comfortable and close to Disney. We were able to get a LARGE 2 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, full kitchen suite for 4 adults and 2 children for less than $200/night. We rented a minivan for less than $200 for 5 days (found a discount rental code on mousesavers), and saved a ton of money and ate better by shopping at a grocery store that was five minutes away (bought snacks, water and lunch food to carry into Disney). We could drive from our hotel to the nearest Disney entrance (right near Downtown Disney Marketplace) in about 5 minutes, and the grocery store was right on the way. The rooms at this hotel were very clean. The pool was a nice size. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffett was not fancy but did have a big selection and we were able to eat well every morning. The room service did a nice job. The hotel is next to the highway so I would recommend requesting a poolside room. I am a light sleeper, and slept very well as I never heard another guest while in our room. I also had heard that the elevators were slow but I had requested a first floor room so this was not an issue. I would have to say that we were extremely pleased with this hotel and I would HIGHLY recommend it. For those who have never been to Disney I would say don't be fooled by the illusion that staying inside Disney is more convenient - other than the Luxury hotels which are on the monorail, the hotels are very spread out and you must rely on buses to get around. We were very close and I believe we actually saved time and money staying outside the park and driving ourselves. Thanks to all those who left previous reviews as we found them all to be on the mark!

Comfortable stay.

When we arrived, my husband and I were greeted right away. Our check in was painless. We were also greeted by the Horizon marketing consultant, Trena Reddick. She is excellent. She helped us get our tickets for various events and made dinner reservations (Atlantis) for our wedding anniversary. We had perfect seats every time. Throughout the week, she even proved to be an exceptional tour guide, as she helped us navigate through the city for shopping, etc. Our room was a one bedroom suite and it was very clean. It proved to be very comfortable for a 4 night stay. We enjoyed the full kitchen area, (full refrig., microwave, sink, coffee maker, complete with utensils) for leftovers and morning coffee. We brought our favorite blend from home. I would recommend this hotel for anyone seeking accomodations away from the immediate crowd, however close enough by car for convenience. There are several restaurants on Palm Parkway. In addition, we enjoyed Universal Studio, Cirque Du Soleil is a must!, and for nightly dancing Pleasure Island.

Great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member dd992emo

Had a 2BR suite for four nights over Christmas. Love the property, love the location. Close enough to be at any of the parks in ten minutes, but doesn't give me that creepy give-us-some-more-of-your-money feeling like some of the Disney properties do.

Great Hotel

Just returned, was at the Marriott from Dec. 27th -30th. Loved the buffett breakfast every morning. Food excellent and lots of varieties. Great location, easy access to market, highway and local restaurants.
We had a one bedroom suite, king bed and a pull out couch. The only drawback was there was only two bureaus which held TV. One had three drawers and the other one two. The two night stands had one draw each. We would not have a problem about staying there again, the management was kind and helpful.

Our stay was less than perfect.

by TripAdvisor Member cleo_patra_2004

We satyed at the Marriott in mid Novemeber, overall the stay fairly was pleasant. We chose this hotel after reading all of the positive reviews on this forum. We also got a great deal on the internet. The room was quite spacious. Call me a bit fussy but I was not pleased to find that one of the beds sheets had not been changed. There was also the issue of drawer space. We were 4 adults and 2 children in a 2 bedroom suite. We had half of our clothes in the drawers and the other half in our suitcasefor the lenght of the stay. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired , after a long day at Disney you were quite anxious to take a shower and freshen up before dinner. Unfortunatley on more than one occasion we arrived back at the hotel between 3 and 4pm to find that our room had not been cleaned, that also meant no clean towels for our showers. We also had specifically requested a non-smoking floor as my kids are both asthmatics, our neighbors who happen to be a bunch of smoking pokerplaying guys did not seem to respect the non smoking rule. When I complained to management in the morning they were in no way accomodating to our complaints. So my kids were on there asthma pumps for the rest of our vacation. We could not move rooms because they seemed to be fully booked. Call me fussy but I don't know if I would choose this hotel for our next stay.

Comments