Reunion Grand Resort

7593 Gathering Drive, Orlando, Florida, 86697, United States

• Horrible service, great room

We visited this hotel as part of the Wyndham vacation program. Because of this, we did not owe any money on checkin. They asked for a credit card that I assumed was for anything we charged to the room. They swiped it and handed it back and told me that they had just charged me $110 for each night we were staying as a deposit. This was not advertised on anything we had signed previously to booking the reservation. When I protested they were very dismissive and told me that I would get it back within 5 business days of the time we left. If I didn't like it I could call my bank and get it returned.

On our second day our key reader on the door quit working. We called for service at 9:00 AM. We were told that security would be sent right away. At 10:00 we left for the water park. At 2:30 pm no one had fixed the door. We had to call security to come let us in the room. It took them 30 minutes to come. That person was not authorized to fix the door. He left to get a supervisor. No one ever came back. We made multiple calls to the front desk and were told they would send security. No one ever came. It wasn't until the shift change after 5:00 pm that we finally contacted people who were willing to help us. That means we went a whole day unable to leave the room without being locked out and despite being repeatedly told help was on its way no one was willing to fix it.

They say there are multiple pools and hot tubs. I was here for a week and could never find them. They aren't on the map we were given. There is a small pool by the villas and one on the roof of the main building.

There are also no shuttles to any of the parks.

I would not only NOT RECOMMEND this park but I would actively discourage any one from ever staying here!

Unique Quality: The rooms are very nice.

More about Reunion Grand Resort

Fantastic Trip-will be back!

by TripAdvisor Member SandalsBear

Our family went to the Ginn Reunion Resort back in October 2006. We are experienced travelers and usually take 2-3 vacations per year. We love to travel! Service, food and facilities are very important to us. We were at this resort for 6 days, 5 nights as part of their Homecoming Weekend. It was so much fun! Although the resort was at full capacity, we received VIP service from the moment we checked in.
We stayed in a 4 bedroom home with a private pool. Everything was "top of the line" with granite countertops, a full-kitchen,designer window treatments, high-end toiletries from Gilchrest and Soames-it was awesome! We had daily maid service and a personalized concierge to attend to our every need. Your concierge will even pick up groceries for you and deliver them to your home or villa! We have never had such a relaxing vacation.
There is much to do at this resort. Between golf, tennis, the amazing spa, cricket, walking trails and amazing pools there was always something to do. We spent days at the water park and enjoyed the poolside food and beverage service. The food and drinks were amazing, by the way. There is a daily activity schedule with many neat things to do. As part of this special weekend there were free concerts with performances by Foreigner, the Doobie Brothers, Kenny Loggins and other stars from the 80's. The concerts were a lot of fun!
There are many different sections of this resort. If you do not want to rent a car (we did not) the concierge will call a complimentary shuttle to take you around the resort. We actually took a tour of the entire resort with a sales manager, since we were so impressed by it. It is about 20 minutes by car from Disney. We only spent one day at Epcot since we were having so much fun at the resort.
One night, we had somewhat slow service in the clubhouse and we mentioned it to our Concierge. Well, he (Will) called the Chef and arranged a fruit tray for us and a bottle of champagne as a gift with their apologies. Then, the next night we were invited back for dinner, on the house! This type of amazing, personalized service will bring us back to the resort, for many years to come.
This gorgeous resort is a bargain with great pricing for the high level of luxury and fun that it provides. If you want to be treated like royalty, come here. I recommend it highly and we are already planning our return vacation. We booked this vacation with our amazing travel agent Amy from Dream Makers Vacation Services. She has a fantastic relationship with the sales team at this resort and knows it "inside and out" through her own visits there. If anyone would like her contact information, please let me know. She really goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure everything is perfect.

Awesome! Plan to Return Next Year!

by TripAdvisor Member sdirwin

Just returned from 4 days/3 nights at the Reunion Resort in Kissimmee. Group included me, wife, two young children and wife's parents. I was the only golfer in the group. We booked a family package deal directly with the resort that included resort credit, discounted green fees, two days of park tickets (we spent two days @ Disney), and other perks. First, the resort is gorgeous. Second, the courses were exceptional and the golf was affordable (for a resort...) with the package discount. Third, the water park is fantastic. Finally, our townhome was extremely large, clean and offered incredible views. The price was the same or a little less than the cheapest "inclusive" package at Disney. We plan to return for an entire week next year. It's simply the best kept secret in Orlando.

Wonderful Resort

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaWriter

My family (husband & two children, ages 2 & 8) stayed at the Ginn Reunior Resort near Celebration. We booked through Travelocity and paid $209 for a 3-bedroom, 2.5 bath townhome. The townhome was spotless, new, and quiet. You check in at the Grand Hotel, but you follow a van with a porter to your townhome (if that's what you rented). The little town home was so cute. It had a little driveway with a garage, if you wanted to park inside. The downstairs is tiled. A small half bath is on the left in the entry way, then the stairs to the bedrooms, a dining room with pillars, a small family room, a beautiful, small kitchen with a granite countertop, stainless steel side-by-side refridgerator, gas stove, and dishwasher. There's an eat-in kitchen too and a small patio with tables and chairs. Not much of a view though. Every linen, utensil, pot and pan is included along with plasma screen TVs in the family room, and two upstairs bedrooms. The master has a 27-inch tv.

Upstairs is carpeted in a nice camel color. There's a bedroom with two twins, a full bath, and another bedroom with a double-bed. Each of those bedrooms had a plasma screen TV. The closets are generous, and stocked with hangers. There's a full-size washer and dryer too with a laundry basket, iron/ironing board. The master bedroom has a king-size bed, TV, large bathroom with large garden tub, small shower, and his/hers sinks. There's a small sitting area hear a window and a small balcony with a seating area as well. The walk-in closet is very generous, includes a wall safe, and guest robes.

The best part are the amenities, but unfortunately, it was too cold for my kids to enjoy the water park in the resort. Yup! A water park. It was really nice but it was only 50 degrees. There are also other pools in the resort, a spa, and children's activities. We would have liked to stay longer or at least have been able to enjoy the amenities.

Everyone was very polite. The townhome was very peaceful. We heard no noise from our neighbors and the kids enjoyed feeling at home. The housekeeping is wonderful and included. You're really on vacation!

Just wonderful! I really recommend this hotel/resort for families with small children.

Loved It

by TripAdvisor Member jmsherer

We stayed at the resort in March for spring break. This is such a beautiful property! The water park is stunning and wonderful! Our kids loved the lazy river. The lifeguards were so nice and so sweet to the children.

We did have some problems at check-in and check-out. They booked us in the wrong house, they eventually fixed this, but it did take several hours. When we checked out the computers were down. They charged the wrong credit card and I still haven't received a receipt yet.

Besides that, everything else was wonderful I did wish that they had more restaurant options or even room service. We knew that going in so that wasn't a problem.

One of the best things that they offer, they will do your grocery shopping for you for a small fee. We sent them a list of what we wanted in our hotel room, they shopped for it and even put it all away for us. That saved me SO much time and energy.

All-in-all this was a great trip and our family will be returning.

disappointed in Reunion

by TripAdvisor Member 407Gator

We live in Orlando and we made an appointment to tour Reunion one day. We looked at two houses we loved and we decided to rent one for a weekend. We figured it would be a nice getaway in a wonderful home. I asked for either of the two homes we toured, but they said they had no guarantees. I said I just wanted to be sure we had the nicest level of home to rent. One home was backed up to woods and the other was on the golf course. I also told the woman that showed us around how I hate loud patterns and it is so nice how the homes she showed us were very muted in design. I am so sick of renting homes or condos in FL with crazy patterned comforters and curtains on the rattan furniture.

Check in was quick and we were on our way. When we pulled up to the house we noticed right away we were not on woods or the golf course. We were right next to other houses all crammed in and our view out back was of all the other houses back yards and pools. Not very private at all. Then inside - the furniture! The patterns! Here was all of the crap I hated - rattan, Laura Ashley 1990s curtains - it was a bad condo all over again. I called and said this wouldn't work - that it wasn't what we were shown at all. The woman that checked us in also was our tour guide weeks earlier. She said she would call back. After an hour, we called again and she wasn't available - but that woman said there were no other homes open - they were all full.

Over the course of our stay we watched other houses and we never saw anyone else or lights on except in the home right next to ours. They clearly owned since they had pets. Where were all these full homes and the renters?

We had a pool and hot tub, so we decided to get in the pool right away - we don't have a pool and we were really looking forward to being out there a lot. The pool was FREEZING cold and so was the hot tub. We played with the switches and finally called maintenance. They never ever showed up. So we didn't even use the pool. How sad.

We did go over to the water park and the lazy river was great. It was nice and warm, too. It wasn't very crowded like I thought it might be.

We were starving when we arrived and the front desk said there would be a book with in room dining. We never found the book. So we looked for food at the pool - and there was a cafe somewhere, but we couldn't find it. Maybe it wasn't there yet? A lot of the property is still under construction. Oh yeah - every AM when we were in our kitchen without a curtain, some sort of yard person or maintenance person was always staring in watching us. It was really creepy.

I'm just disappointed that we were shown one thing and given another. Even though I said I wanted the nicest house on property. We paid $499 a night and now I look at the website and they have estate houses for $1000 a night which is more of what we were looking for to rent. They didn't even show us those. We did look at the two houses we were shown and both were empty during our stay. I think they are permanent models instead of rentals. Quite the bait and switch.

atlantisatlantis

Gerry, Charlie, Scott and GladysGerry, Charlie, Scott and Gladys

Hippy Dippy Pool at Disney's Pop Century ResortHippy Dippy Pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort

Jedi Training AcademyJedi Training Academy

Name of Disney Park featuring different countries

by RonManager

Dear all
We're planning a visit to Florida but can't remember the name of the Disney Park which includes an expo of various countries. Can anyone enlighten us? Thanks!

EPCOT

Depending what time of year you visit, they feature special events.

April-May... "Flower and Garden Show" Lots of flowers on display in the gardens and special bands from yesteryear and it's free to see them perform. David Cassidy, Three Dog Night, Davey Jones, Gary Pucket and the Union Gap, etc...

Oct. - Nov ... "Food and Wine" Small food stations throughout the park selling small size plates of foods from countries around the world. Good food, good prices. They sell special beer and wine as well from regions around the world. They also book the Bands from back in the day to perform during this time.

EPCOT is also the least popular park, so it typically is the least crowded.

It's my favorite!

ENJOY!

This has the dates!!!

by RonManager

Thanks Patty - you've been a massive help!

by Hexepatty

I'm much acquainted with EPCOT. Sister worked there and I had annual pass. 99% of the time, I'd be in EPCOT! I'm a big fan. The rest of the parks, not su much a fan! ; )

I'm jealous.

Tell me when you go. I still have friends that work there!

Comments