Rodeway Inn International

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• klmousseau's Profile Photo

nice cheap hotel - good location

I got a great deal on Travelocity, with all taxes, $43 per night, plus a $50 gift card. The location is great, right on International drive - walking distance to Universal (1.4 miles) or just a quick 4 minute drive to the parking garages. Close to Wet n' wild, restaurants, shops, etc. There is a trolley bus on I-drive too, or get a cheap car rental from the airport. Also right off I-4.
    I've seen mostly good reviews of this hotel, but some bad reviews too. This is a 2star hotel, if you go into knowing that you'll be fine. It was clean, a little worn, but nothing horrific. Plenty of elevators. We didn't use the pool. There is a convenient little store in the lobby for snacks, coffee and some other items. The internet (pay) in the lobby is really slow, but they do offer pay internet in the hotel room, or there is free wi-fi in the lobby. You can buy attraction tickets right in the lobby. There is a bar on site, nice for a late night beer. When you check in, you'll get a coupon for a free breakfast when you buy one, which works out to be $4 per breakfast for a hot buffet. The breakfast was good, same price with coupon as the neighboring restaurants. They offer coffee, juice and tea, pancakes, waffles, eggs (3 types), sausage, bacon, toast, fruit, etc.
    It was a great hotel for its location and price. Don't stay here if you're looking for more of a resort type place, but if you're spending most of your time at the parks and other attractions, it's a nice place to stay.

Unique Quality: convenience store, hot breakfast buffet, restaurant and bar on site

Directions: exit 75A of I-4 West

• Steve280's Profile Photo

Good hotel and friendly, helpful staff.

I and my family have stayed here twice, both times very pleased.
    The hotel has a breakfast room with all you can eat, a great bar and very very very helpful staff.
    The hotel is 3 star.

Unique Quality: Hotel has a heated pool, location on international drive opposite wet n wild, great bar, excellent japanese restuarant and friendly , helpful staff

• JoelWillTravel's Profile Photo

Great 3* hotel in a good spot

Great hotel, I stayed in the building across the pool which is not connected to the main building. No complaints here with this hotel, nice clean and spacious rooms. Fridge, Microwave, Safety deposit box, TV, hairdryer and VCR in all rooms. Staff are very friendly with the obligatory "you're welcome" and "have a nice day" whenever you ask of them, which was nice. Nice pool area, games room and bar.

Unique Quality: This hotel is in a perfect location. Just across the road is one of the Poderosa chain of restaurants, which serves and all you can eat breakfast for $3.99.
    literally 5 mins walking distance is the Wet'n'Wild waterpark. There are so many restaurants in close proximity to this hotel. It's also possible to walk to the Universal Studios theme parks from this hotel, at a guess it would take you around 25-30 mins. Lots of gift shops are nearby for those tacky souvenirs. One of the easier hotels to get to from Sanford International Airport.

More about Rodeway Inn International

BEWARE!! THE RODEWAY INN, INTERNATIONAL DRIVE!

My son and I went to Orlando for a Universal Studios trip. This was our first time to the park/staying in the area. I chose the Rodeway Inn, because of the price, they had a special $39 per night, which I thought was great and the photos on Expedia looked just fine. Nice pool, lobby and rooms. WRONG! We arrived there on Friday 8/13, yes, the day Hurricane Charley came through. We didn't actually get hit with the storm until later that night. Anyway, upon check-in the staff was extremely rude and not personable at all! The lobby was packed with people and screaming kids, because they were there due to being evacuated from their homes and had to stay at the hotels located inland. I'm not sure if that was the reason for the staff's short temper or the long, long wait for misc. items needed when I called the front desk or what??!! For instance, I called the front desk the next morning requesting an iron (there are none in the rooms, no shampoo either) I was told "they are all out". When I asked do you mean, you have none at all or they are all in use, I was cut off and told, "we don't have any right now, they are in use, I can put you on the waiting list for one". Waiting list??...for an iron???? Now, it's about 8am, when most people in the hotel are getting dressed/ready, for the day etc... WHY would you NOT have enough irons for all of your rooms???? So, I get on the "waiting list". I was told to call back in 1/2 hour. I do. Only to be told "they still don't have any". At this time, I asked to speak with the manager, she said pretty much the same and when I continued to question her as to the reason WHY there are no irons available to ALL of the guests of the hotel, I guess the became frustrated and said she will send one up to my room right now. (so NOW they have one???) Anyway, we continued to shower, etc... About 45 minutes went by and you guessed it.....still no iron. We made due with what we had and left out for the day, upon my return I stopped at the front desk and asked for an iron and board, they one of each left! I got it!! On top of the lousy, lousy service (two hour wait for towels, which came knocking at 11pm, when we were sleep! and the smelly rooms(a musty, wet basement smell!) and the leaky window/door(which had the entire carpet in front of it soaked and the leaky sink(which had the carpet in front of it soaked), not to mention the debris filled pool for 2 whole days, even AFTER the storm when it was sunny and 94 degrees out, you still couldn't get in!!! I guess it would be an "alright" place to stay! NOT!!!!
We basically tried to spend as less time as possible in our room. Although we had the hell of all hotel rooms, we still enjoyed our trip to Universal Orlando! We will be going back, only this time, I will make sure to stay away from the Rodeway Inn!!
By the way, I advised the "manager" on duty when we checked out, of all of the issues I had with the hotel/staff. I was given a simple "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that".
I will be writing to Rosen Hotels corporate office for a better response.

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member cottyh

I have just returned from two weeks in Orlando, staying at the Rodeway Inn International. Having read some of the less favourable reviews I was a bit worried about the hotel but I think the people who wrote these must have been staying at a different hotel, or have ridiculously high standards. Our room was spotless and was kept this way throughout the whole two weeks by an excellent cleaning service. We had clean towels every day. One morning we had a problem with our toilet flushing. This was reported to the front desk and the problem had been rectified by the time we returned to the room that afternoon. The only fault that the hotel had was that the facilities were not as good as previous hotels I have stayed in on International Drive - the shop closed relatively early and there was only one small pool. This was not much of a problem as there were supermarkets near by that stayed open late and Wet and Wild is only across the road. If you are looking for a reasonably cheap hotel that provides comfy and clean rooms I would recommend the Rodeway Inn International.

lovin it

Having visited orlando for the last 3 years and stayed at other more expensive hotels on idrive. I have taken to the rodeway in a big way.
The hotel is an excellent place at which to base yourself, having two young children we have found the facilities to be perfectly adequate, the rooms are very good spec and are clean. the breakfast is plentiful with a good choice of foods, the pool is very clean,and heated when cold(unlike more expensive hotels). The staff are as helpful as they can be without being in the way and allways willing to help. I can only say that we will continue to use the rodeway as our more than adequate base despite what other reviews might say, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!

I have recently returned{end march2004} from staying at this brilliant hotel!!!!! This was my 2nd year of staying here and it won't be my last either!!! The 1st time i stayed here i was on my own with my 2 children even though we went with friends we did our own seperate things.I found all the staff very helpfull and friendly especially Joan and Margaret who work in "THE LITE BITE DINER". I used to have breakfast there every day which was full of choice and plenty of it!! When i went back this year it was nice to see all the same staff still there,which seems to me that they enjoy working there as much as i do staying! In my opinion it is a very clean,friendly and enjoyable hotel to stay at and a good place to base yourself for all the amazing things there is to do in ORLANDO!!! The 2 games rooms are a great asset especially for keeping kids occupied. Well done to all the staff and i will definatly be seeing you again next year!

Great Place to stay

I stayed at the rodeway for 2 years in a row and even took back relatives are they agreed what a great hotel.

The rooms are basic but what other hotels have fridge microwave tv & vcr, the staff are excellent if you want information or just a general chat always there. You're right on top of the attractions if you don't want to drive there are the LYNX and I-RIDES buses right out side the hotel Wet & Wild not even a 1/4 of a mile away, ponderrosa right across the road everything you need to make life a lot easier for you. and the shogun restaurant is excellent.

I cant wait to get back there it is the only place to stay as far as i'm concerned.

OK, good value

We stayed for 4 nights in June 2004. We had a non-smoking room on the 4th floor. The smell of smoke hit you as soon as you opened the door. Reception were helpful in trying to deodourise the room but it still lingered. The hotel is very close to Wet N Wild (a 400 yard walk) and a mile or so from Universal to which there are courtesy shuttles. The pool is a decent size and the rooms were clean and tidy.

We didn't have any of the other problems mentioned elsewhere (which I must admit put me off a bit), e.g. We didn't hear any noise from I4 at all. Mind you the windows didn't open and the aircon was on.

Lovely Hotel, Good Location.

We have been going to the Rodeway Inn, for 3 years, and have booked to go again in 2005. Yes the Hotel is basic, but very good value for money. I have never experienced a musty room! The room is large with two double beds, yes the bathroom is small, but ample for a wash/shower. The Hotel Staff are friendly, always willing to help.

The only downside is the facilities for doing your laundry. There is only two washers and 1 dryer on every other floor. None in the annexe. So they are always busy and have seen myself wait until 1.00am to get my washing on. But have now found a local laundry where I go to during the day - much quicker.

Overall I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Wet n Wild questions

by MIGuy729

What is the absolute closest hotel to Wet n Wild in Orlando? Anyone know?

Thanks!

Re: Wet n Wild questions

by Hexepatty

Rodeway Inn International and/ or Best Western Movieland. They are right across the street quite literally.

Peace...

Re: Re: Wet n Wild questions

by Hexepatty

And the Doubletree is MUCH nicer than the Rodeway and the Best Western Movieland. They are in the 2 - Star (if THAT!!!) category.

Comments