Rosen Centre

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Costs 77% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• zuriga's Profile Photo

INTERNATIONAL DRIVE AREA

There are some large hotels along International Drive - nicest are the Rosen Center and the Peabody. This is a photo of Rosen Plaza, another good choice. Economy motels such as Embassy Suites or Days Inn are plentiful as well.

More about Rosen Centre

Christmas at the Rosen Centre

We stayed at the Rosen centre over christmas and it was amazing. We couldn't fault it at all, the staff were polite and couldn't do enough for you and the food at Red's Diner was delicious. The weather wasn't too hot the week before christmas but even this didn't spoil our holiday in Florida. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Great hotel in a quiet location

by TripAdvisor Member kaiserpc

Lovely hotel - lobby is very impressive will definitely be going back.
Booked Florida again this year to stay at the Sheraton - but after reading the reviews of the Sheraton on here we decided to switch back to the Rosen Centre. The pool is large and secluded and quite quiet due to the fact that this hotel is used for a lot of conferences. On the downside there was exposed cables near the ceiling of our room - internet cables I think. Also our room was near the ice machine and could be quite noisy at times. Finally, there was work being done across the steeet at the time so the i-drive trolley couldn't stop directly outside (although this was in April 2003 so this should be finished by now).

Overall an excellent hotel and I would certainly recommend it.

Avoid This One

A customer service disaster. In March 2004, I went to the Rosen Centre for a four-day conference. The hotel is beautiful however; if you think you will be treated well, better not stay here. My first day, I parked near the front of the hotel. I went to my car and the Rosen had towed it away. I couldn't believe it. I was in the middle of a group of cars and they said they towed them all away. I asked why and they said that we parked in VIP parking. Keep in mind there were no signs saying "No Parking" or "Restricted parking". One manager came out and said the way we parked infringed on a lane and that's why it was towed. There was no yellow curb paint. Basically, they wanted the area reserved for VIP parking and didn't have any signs out at the time. If they painted the curb yellow they couldn't use it for their cars. The Rosen wouldn't release my car unless I paid a $25.00 fee. They basically impounded my car on the premises. This was the first and last time that I will ever go to this place. Just to give upper management a chance to resolve this blunder, I talked to one of the hotel managers. He was unable to make a decision and was calling someone on his cell phone to figure out what to do. Obviously, the managers are not empowered to make even low-level decisions.

Very Nice Surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member VegasCanuck

I almost always stick to well known hotel chains and I was a little worried when I booked my company at this hotel adjacent to the Orlando Convention Center. I had no reason to worry as this hotel was perfect for our needs. The hotel rooms have been recently renovated and the location next to the convention center can't be beat. The lobby is very well staffed with helpful employees...a nice change from the typical understaffed hotels these days. Rooms have high-speed Internet (added cost) and the top two floors are club levels with a very nice club lounge. Keep in mind that the convention center is so huge that your event might be quite a hike from the hotel even though it is right next door.

Faboulas

Well what can i say it was a BRILLIANT hotel to stay in we was in the usa for 2 weeks we were supposed to stay in a 3 star hotel but they were full up so they sent us to there sister hotel which was the omni rosen hotel we fell in love with it starigh away and we have been going back ever sincethe food is great, the staff are really polite, the pool was excellant and the games room for kids was awsome i Recommend this hotel to anybody it is great. from Alex

Nice BUT...not a family place!!

We stayed at the Rosen Jan 24-31, 2004...during the PGA Show. We were there on a family vacation to Universal Studios. It is a beautiful hotel but NOT a place to choose for a family vacation. We had to walk through the conference center to get to our room, very uncomfortable to do with two children and shorts and tee's while everyone else there was dressed for work/conference. The lobby is right in the middle of the bar area so we were also walking through a very loud convention type bar area full of convention goers who were all looking at us like we were in the wrong place. Plus they charge $5 a night for parking and you have to walk forever to get to your room from the parking garage! I would chose this hotel for a conference but never again for a family vacation. Lowes hotels in Universal are comparable in price and a much better choice if you have children. next time we will go there!

fantastic hotel

hotel is stunning,both inside &outside.staff are friendly & helpful.bedrooms,spacious & clean.swimmingpool is enormous and has plenty of sun loungers around it.close to all parks,shops etc.looking forward to staying at the hotel again this year.overall this hotel is second to none.

Very nice hotel, overgcarged us

The room was beautiful! We only had it for one night because we arrived early in Orlando and the hotel we had booked for the rest of the week was sold out. The rooms were beautifully decorated and had a lovely view. Two queen beds, a desk, and a very nice hot shower. The lobby was gorgeous and huge, and we found parking right out front.

However, we were referred by another hotel at a rate of $59.95 for the night, and they overcharged us $12.00. We just got back home a few days ago and founf this out upon checking our bank statement. We called the hotel, but have not heard anything back from them. This is my only qualm right now, hopefully it will be resolved.

Florida

by RobMorgan

Stayed at The Rosen Centre, Orlando for 5nts (where it was my birthday !!!) then 5nts at the Helmsley Sand Castle Resort, Sarasota.

Just realised, I took 3 memory chips full of digital photos, BUT only downloaded 1 lot onto my pc, then cleared the cards............so I`ve lost them all !!!! IDIOT. So I`ll do my best with what I have left.

Best Deals in Florida

by demic

Going in 2 weeks but still have not bought any park tickets. Which are the best to buy, there are so many.
Also, if anyone has stayed at the Rosen Centre Hotel, I would really be grateful for any feedback. Thanks.

by ladyfisher

Well if it is Disney you want buy the Ultra park hopper It comes in 4 day, 5 day and so on. you can go from park to park as many times as you want it inculdes a water park and disney quest and down town disney . The park hopper will allow you consecative days in each park but once you go to the park you can't go back say the next day to just see the fireworks or jump over to Epcot to eat dinner. Now Univerisal has a buy a 2 day pass get the third day for free going on right now, I prefer Universal over MGM at disney . You can but tickets right at both disney and universal webs sites and have them in time they mail right out.

by zuriga

I have a few tips about the International Drive area of Orlando on my page of that town. We had to stay at the Rosen Plaza for a meeting, and the Rosen Center (which looked nicer) was just down the road. It's a bit far from some of the parks but a bus can take you anywhere with little trouble.

by JCBrobst

I agree w/the Park Hopper answer!
Just a tip: ITS HOT HERE IN FLORIDA at this time of year...and rain, rain, rain! Go to WalMart & buy cheap plastic ponchos with the hoods. You may look like the flying nun...but, you'll stay dry! Also get one of those bottles w/fans on top so you can fill the bottle w/water to "squirt" & fan yourselves! Food is NOT cheap @ Disney, so carry a small bag filled with snacks & bottled water. Also, you can rent wheel chairs, strollers, etc. there, but, it isn't cheap. Better to bring your own if possible. Summer is not the time to have a good time outside in Florida unless the heat just doesn't bother you. Let me reccomend Water Mania (www.watermania-florida.com) for 19.95 for adults and 16.95 per child.
Wear your B.suits....get wet....and have a BLAST!

by middy

g

by aguise

We are going for chrostmas 03 & I've been looking for park tickets. Best site sofar is www.themeparkland.co.uk
They also sell to US