6300 Hollywood Way, Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Royal Pacific Resort

Polynesia within reach

by stopatnothin about Universal's Royal Pacific Resort - A Loews Hotel

Honestly, I was a tad disappointed with a couple of minor details.
The grounds were great and the price was right for staying on site but...

#1 In a standard room you can get a view of the parking lot with the relaxing sounds of cars on international drive.
#2 The beds were not as comfy as those at Portofino or Hard Rock It has a great Polynesian theme with nice landscaping.

A great on site hotel in Universal Studios.

by Fullmoonfever about Royal Pacific

There are 3 hotels inside Universal studios. They are the Hard Rock Cafe, Portofino Bay Hotel and the Royal Pacific Resort. All are very nice and we have stayed at the Royal Pacific several times. So far this is the only one in the park we had stayed in because it is the least expensive of the 3.

This is a first class Hotel and we have never had a problem with the service or staff during any of ours visits. There are advantages by staying inside the park, which I will cover in my other tips. Has a huge pool with and outside bar. Very clean and well maintained. It is a beautiful hotel.

by Fullmoonfever

The restaurant in this resort is very good and mostly features American food. All the restaurants in all the hotels are pricey! We ate there a couple of times. But since there are many places to eat, we had to sample them all.

Because I think almost all dishes were over-priced, I gave this one a 3 on the satisfaction scale. No favorites, it's all good, or at least everything I ordered was good. After that, you are on your own!

Paradise

I stayed at the Royal Pacific Resort July 2-6, 2003, and it was absolutely wonderful! I had no problems with check-in, as I had arrived VERY late at night into Orlando from Houston (nearly 1 a.m.)! The front desk was very attentative and Consierge desk extremely helpful. The surroundings of the resort are absolutely breathtaking with all of their tropical foliage and Polynesian decor. The resort offer many conveniences on site and this was just wonderful.

It is definately pricey, but what would you expect from a 4 star resort? On the negative, I would not recommend using their TV internet service, as it was very hard to surf the web using their keyboard. You literally need to have the keyboard right in front of the TV to get it to move the cursor up or down. It's not worth getting.

I would highly recommend getting the Internet tickets for any theme parks you may want to visit while staying in Orlando, and take advantage of any of the "Hopper Passes" for Disney World. It's extremely pricey, but will save you money in the long run.

I didn't rent a car while staying in Orlando, but rather took advantage of their shuttle service, MEARS. I would definately recommend using them, if you don't mind a little bit of a wait. The shuttle service does make a couple of stops for pick ups and drop offs. The consierge desk was very helpful to make our reservations for pick ups to and from the different theme parks. MEARS is very economical and I would use them again rather than any of the Taxi services.

The really cool thing about staying at the Royal Pacific or any of the other Loews Resorts, is you get to use your room key at Universal Studios or Islands of Adventure for the Express Pass! This really cuts down on the wait time to ride any of their rides or see any of their shows.

I absolutely loved my stay at the Royal Pacific Resort and can't wait to visit again next year!

the most incredible!

My family and I stayed at the Royal Pacific the week after it opened.
We expected a nice resort with opening problems. It was the most incredible vacation we have ever had. The service was excellent. I can't wait to go back next summer.

the best hotel ever

The royal pacific was a great hotel. It had a cute theme to it and it was probably the best hotel i have ever been to. It had a lot of things for kids and adults to do there and the resturants were great. I liked that when we went to the park we got to go to the front of the line in all the rides. It was also so close to the parks. We could ride the boat or even walk. The sevice was good to. The rooms matched the theme of the hotel and it was very comfortable. Im going to back this summer beause it is my favorite hotel. anyone whose thinking of going there definatly should because its worthit. I LOVE THE ROYAL PACIFIC

A Great Time for all Ages

My husband, two sons and myself had a great time at the Royal Pacific Hotel. The boys enjoyed the theme parks while my husband and I had a nice time around the pool and visiting the other attractions via the boat. The hotel and staff were wonderful and the amenities that came with the room were great. We would not hesitate to return at a later date.

Wonderful Resort

We had a wondeful time at the Royal Pacific Hotel. We were able to check in at 1:00 pm on Sunday afternoon, very quick, friendly front desk help. We received a top floor room with a great view of IOA. They closed at 7 or 8 pm during our visit, so the noise from the Hulk Rollercoaster was not a problem. Daily housecleaning was great. The toiletries and amenities in the room were excellent. The pool and hot tubs were great, our two sons, 12 & 16, loved the pool area. We did not eat at the hotel, but the restaurants looked very nice. Our very FAVORITE part was the Express Line bonus! We were there 6/1 - 6/4 and never waited more than 5 minutes to get on a ride! It was wonderful! We also enjoyed being able to walk to the parks and CIty Walk in the evening for meals and shopping. If the boys did not want to come along, my husband and I felt safe to leave them at the hotel, with a cell phone and we went to City Walk one evening. I was able to get a great rate, but even without it , I would stay there again in a minute. In fact my husband is planning on a long weekend with a friend of his in the fall. I did not see any of the problems other reviews have written about, maybe the problems have been solved, anyway we had a wonderful time at a beautiful resort! Did I mention the lovely gardens? Don't be afraid to stay here!

Had a Great Time

A group of us stayed at the Royal Pacific June 28 - July 6, 2003. Our party included my 9 yr old daughter, my fiance, his 5 yr old daughter, my friend and her 7 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son. I had stayed at the Hard Rock in 2001 and decided to try something different. We all found the hotel to be beautiful upon our arrival. As far a checking, I arrived around 1 p.m., although I had put a request for early arrival and am a Lowes First card holder, my room was not ready. I was told they could give me a room with a garden view then or if I wanted to wait for a better view it would be ready by 4 p.m. and that they would hold the luggage so we could go off and do whatever we wanted. By 5:30 the room still was not ready so we told them to just give us a room, which they did. We had a park view on the 4th floor which was fine. My friend took a garden view immidiately upon arrival and ended up with a view of the highway. As far as housekeeping, my room was always cleaned properly and timely. However, my friend said she was dissatisfied with her housekeeping (we were located in different sections of the hotel), they never replaced her ice bag until she finally asked, and she said there were dirty towels left in her room and a dirty glass. The pool was wonderful, all the kids enjoyed it. We went at different times and were always able to find available seats. The food is expensive but that is typical for a vacation spot. Getting to and from the parks and Citywalk was no problem at all, we took the boat taxi and walked probably equal amounts of time. The express line feature was great -- it is worth paying to stay on-site. Overall we had a great time and I would recommend this hotel. Hard Rock may still be my favorite and the closest of the hotels to the parks and Citywalk. Oh, the fireworks display on the 4th was beautiful.

Orlando

by silvi0420

"The picture is from the reef shark."

For people like me who live in Florida, Orlando is always a good excuse to escape from the beach and have fun. You don´t necessrily need to do the famous tour visiting Magical Kingdom and Epcot.
You have much more than that to do. Shows like Cirque du Soleil. House of Blues, there are always good bands playing there.
During summer time don´t miss the water parks, i went to Typhoon lagoon last summer. There is a shark reef if you like cold water because is freezing.
The park has an artificial beach with waves and sand. And yes the water is salty too. So yes those parks are not the average water parks!

The reef shark has aprox 10 feet and it is filled with Ocean life where you can snorkel across the lagoon. If you dont want to do that you can still see it from a sunken ship that has windows.

"Royal Pacific Hotel"

A lovely orchid garden greets guests at the lobby's entrance. Moi, hehe
This hotel is inside the Univeral park. There are three, one is the Hard Rock Hotel, and the other one is Portofino Bay Hotel.
This one Royal Pacific Hotel is decorated with South Pacific theme includes teak wall hangings and an orchid garden.

"Dont miss this restaurant"

Emeril Lagasse's Tchoup Chop if you like Asian food.
After partying all night during halloween, I was with fever and the flu. The Bartender gave me a Scotch and soon i was partying again.

This picture doesnt make it justice. It is so much nicer inside. That is a picture of a fountain with porcelain pieces simulating flower and grass.

your basic room at the Royal Pacific resortyour basic room at the Royal Pacific resort

Big WheelBig Wheel

Upclose Encounters Show at GatorlandUpclose Encounters Show at Gatorland

Patrick battling VaderPatrick battling Vader

Honeymoon advice needed regarding the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld&Universal's Royal Pacific resort.

by JamieJeremy

Hi! We have the option of staying 4 nights at the Hilon Garden Inn Seaworld for $99/night, OR spending 2 night there, and 2 nights at the Royal Pacific Resort (at $239/night). It's our honeymoon, so we obviously plan to spend an average amount of time in the hotel...we also like the idea of hopping in front of all the lines at Universal if we stay at the Royal Pacific, but is it worth spending $300 more to stay 2 nights at the Royal pacific? Please help us decide based on your experiences and opinions.
Thanks :)

Re: Honeymoon advice

by Hexepatty

Royal Pacific IS beautiful... and then you get to express pass the lines ( a huge plus, trust me!!!!!) and also you get to drink and party at City Park w/out worrying about getting home at night. (Hard Rock is slightly nicer, but pricier... and Portofino is even nicer/pricier yet!) But I think the Royal is VERY lovely and a decent choice.

Re:honeymoon advice

by dreijerss

Hi,

we are also honeymooning in orlando. We are ataying at the hard rock hotel, and i have really researched the place. It sounds like it will really be worth it...jumping the queues and having City walk so close by.
I would recommend you stay at Universal!

Hope this helps,

sarah

Re: Re: honeymoon advice

by Hexepatty

Having had guests stay at the Hard Rock, I can tell you you are going to have a BLAST! That hotel is fantastic: music piped in the parking lot, lobby, even in the POOL! and cool staff that look like Techs.

I know you will enjoy your stay there...

can you walk from the quality inn international to universal studios?

by tabithahow

can you walk from the quality inn international to universal studios?

Re: can you walk from the quality inn international to universal studios?

by virtualpatrick

Which Quality Inn specifically are your talking about?

If you're talking about the one on 7600 International Drive, which I'm familiar with, then it is not walking distance to Universal. But according to their website they offer free transport to Universal Studios Florida, SeaWorld Orlando and Wet 'n Wild.

I think if you're not staying at one of the Universal Studios hotel resort properties (Hard Rock, Lowes Royal Pacific, Lowes Portofino) then it's difficult to walk to especially in the summertime.

Re: can you walk from the quality inn international to universal studios?

by xymmot

spot on reply, there are courtesy buses, or public bus, but it is not walkable. one block can equal a mile on international drive. cheers tommy x

Logistics and the best place to stay

by thamlin

Flying into MCO mid June with plans to stay at Hawthorn(?).
First question: Are there taxi's in the area and are they cheaper to use than
the standard transportation from the Airport? Does anyone know the taxi company names/numbers so I can call. THe Hawthorn says they have shuttles
but only one runs in the morning at 10:30...isn't this a little late for Universal Studios?

Second question: Is it worth the extra money to stay on-site at Universal vs
off site???

Any insight is appreciated.

RE: Logistics and the best place to stay

by springbreak105

There are many Hawthorn Suites in Orlando, where is the exact location?

10:30am will give you enough time, however the park will be busy by then. I would definitely recommend paying the extra money to purchase a fast pass. It will literally save you HOURS in line. It can get very frustrating waiting in the heat.

The 3 main Universal hotels are the Portofino, Hard Rock, and Royal Pacific. All of these are 4 star hotels, they are in a completely different level when compared to Hawthorne Suites, which also makes the price much more expensive. If you can afford it, you will find it much more convenient and nice.

Enjoy your stay!

RE: Logistics and the best place to stay

by donato1899

The best part about staying on site at Universal is you go thru a seperate, much shorter, line to go on the rides. Otherwise you can spend most of your day standing in line.
The hotels are also very nice.

Comments