Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

cjg1's Profile Photo

Good Location and a Nice Stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 4, 2008

The location and price was excellent. The suite was very large and had a safari theme to it. A nice balcony overlooking the pol was a nice addition. The only thing we didn't like was the outside entrance to the room. The bed was comfy and the service friendly. It was a good stay and I would use the hotel again for a short stay.

AlexCloutier's Profile Photo

The world's longest python water slide!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 1, 2008

We stayed here in March 2008 and really lucked out on this one. I picked this hotel since I was travelling on points and it required the less starwood points for a starwood hotel in this area.
This is more of a "vacation" hotel compared to a "business" hotel. If I was on business I think my impression of the place might be a little different.

The outdoor pool was heated and luckily it was since the weather was a little on the cool side in March.
The world's "longest" python water slide is one heck of a claim to fame! and I won't dispute it. Anyhow the kids loved it. The room itself was a suite and we got upgraded just because I asked. The front desk folks were helpful and accomodating.

Unique Quality: Nice heated pool and the possibility of having a ground suite wth patio doors onlooking the pool. Our suite had a microwave oven, bar fridge, full size sink and a complete set of dishes .
We only had a small table with two chairs so the kids just ate on the couch and the ottomans or on the floor. we had two tvs which was nice. Kids watched their stuff and we watched ours.

They have a shuttle service to the parks that runs on a fixed schedule but it runs to other hotels as well therefore what would be a 15 min. ride ends up taking up to an hour.

There was an older gentleman that is dressed up in a safari suit who with a lion puppet entertains the kids in the lobby and when you are waiting for the shuttle (Harry and Hairy). The act is no show stopper but young kids get a kick out of it.The guy is little uncomfortable about the fact that he has some missing fingers and when my 5 year old daughter wanted to get down to the reason why he has missing fingers he became uptight and cold. All I can say about that is buddy you need to deal with that if you are working with kids.

Another irritant was the fact that the kiddie pool was not heated and it was bone cold. You would think that it would be heated just like the main pool

The decor is themed "safari" with kind of an "eighties" look and feel but very clean. Bathroom was very small and a little worn from the years but again I wasn't picky because it was clean and the price was right.

What I also liked about this place, next to several restaurants and stores ( seven eleven, pizza hut, souvenir shops, etc) with free parking.
In fact you can stay at this hotel without having to rent a car which could amount to significant savings.

All in all a satisfactory hotel with nice amenities.

goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sheraton Safari Hotel And Suites Lake Buena Vista

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 27, 2007

Although I found the pervasive safari motif to be extremely tacky, I ended up liking this hotel. I stayed here during a business trip in January, 2007, and that's probably part of the reason why I couldn't get into the whole theme thing. Still, even if I was indulging in a Disney vacation, I have a feeling the zebra striped sheets would have been a bit much.

I liked the location of this place, just outside Lake Buena Vista and just a few miles from the sprawling Disney complex. I also liked the great room rate I got for the suite. It had a balcony and a nice view of the heart (or maybe it was mouse ears. The design was a bit amorphous) shaped pool. I'm not a fan of hotels with exterior corridors, so, if you're not either, you may want to rethink staying here. Other than that technical detail, the stay was enjoyable. The room was up to Sheraton standards and the service was friendly and fabulous. Free parking was a perk, as free anything in the Disney venue is a welcome relief.

The restaurant serves the typical generic Sheraton fare. Room service was prompt and efficient and the breakfast buffet wasn't bad. It was a pretty nice spread actually, with lots of fruits, yogurt and cereal in addition to the bacon and eggs and carb and sugar laden muffin and bagel options that many hotels throw in. If you'd prefer to venture out, there are tons of restaurants within walking distance, and Downtown Disney is only a couple of miles away.

The hotel doesn't have shuttle service to the parks, so you may want to factor that in to your decision if Disney hopping is in your plans.

Unique Quality: The hotel boasts the world's longest python water slide. I'll admit that I have no idea what that is exactly, or whether it is, in fact the world's longest. I'm just going by what the sign said.

Directions: From I-4, take the "Lake Buena Vista" exit and head north for a couple of blocks. You'll see the hotel on your right, just past the Crossroads shopping center.

Nearby Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews