12205 Apopka Vineland Road, Orlando, Florida, 32836, United States

Sheraton.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Good Location and a Nice Stay

The location and price was excellent. The suite was very large and had a safari theme to it. A nice balcony overlooking the pol was a nice addition. The only thing we didn't like was the outside entrance to the room. The bed was comfy and the service friendly. It was a good stay and I would use the hotel again for a short stay.

• AlexCloutier's Profile Photo

The world's longest python water slide!

We stayed here in March 2008 and really lucked out on this one. I picked this hotel since I was travelling on points and it required the less starwood points for a starwood hotel in this area.
    This is more of a "vacation" hotel compared to a "business" hotel. If I was on business I think my impression of the place might be a little different.

The outdoor pool was heated and luckily it was since the weather was a little on the cool side in March.
    The world's "longest" python water slide is one heck of a claim to fame! and I won't dispute it. Anyhow the kids loved it. The room itself was a suite and we got upgraded just because I asked. The front desk folks were helpful and accomodating.

Unique Quality: Nice heated pool and the possibility of having a ground suite wth patio doors onlooking the pool. Our suite had a microwave oven, bar fridge, full size sink and a complete set of dishes .
    We only had a small table with two chairs so the kids just ate on the couch and the ottomans or on the floor. we had two tvs which was nice. Kids watched their stuff and we watched ours.

They have a shuttle service to the parks that runs on a fixed schedule but it runs to other hotels as well therefore what would be a 15 min. ride ends up taking up to an hour.

There was an older gentleman that is dressed up in a safari suit who with a lion puppet entertains the kids in the lobby and when you are waiting for the shuttle (Harry and Hairy). The act is no show stopper but young kids get a kick out of it.The guy is little uncomfortable about the fact that he has some missing fingers and when my 5 year old daughter wanted to get down to the reason why he has missing fingers he became uptight and cold. All I can say about that is buddy you need to deal with that if you are working with kids.

Another irritant was the fact that the kiddie pool was not heated and it was bone cold. You would think that it would be heated just like the main pool

The decor is themed "safari" with kind of an "eighties" look and feel but very clean. Bathroom was very small and a little worn from the years but again I wasn't picky because it was clean and the price was right.

What I also liked about this place, next to several restaurants and stores ( seven eleven, pizza hut, souvenir shops, etc) with free parking.
    In fact you can stay at this hotel without having to rent a car which could amount to significant savings.

All in all a satisfactory hotel with nice amenities.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Sheraton Safari Hotel And Suites Lake Buena Vista

Although I found the pervasive safari motif to be extremely tacky, I ended up liking this hotel. I stayed here during a business trip in January, 2007, and that's probably part of the reason why I couldn't get into the whole theme thing. Still, even if I was indulging in a Disney vacation, I have a feeling the zebra striped sheets would have been a bit much.

I liked the location of this place, just outside Lake Buena Vista and just a few miles from the sprawling Disney complex. I also liked the great room rate I got for the suite. It had a balcony and a nice view of the heart (or maybe it was mouse ears. The design was a bit amorphous) shaped pool. I'm not a fan of hotels with exterior corridors, so, if you're not either, you may want to rethink staying here. Other than that technical detail, the stay was enjoyable. The room was up to Sheraton standards and the service was friendly and fabulous. Free parking was a perk, as free anything in the Disney venue is a welcome relief.

The restaurant serves the typical generic Sheraton fare. Room service was prompt and efficient and the breakfast buffet wasn't bad. It was a pretty nice spread actually, with lots of fruits, yogurt and cereal in addition to the bacon and eggs and carb and sugar laden muffin and bagel options that many hotels throw in. If you'd prefer to venture out, there are tons of restaurants within walking distance, and Downtown Disney is only a couple of miles away.

The hotel doesn't have shuttle service to the parks, so you may want to factor that in to your decision if Disney hopping is in your plans.

Unique Quality: The hotel boasts the world's longest python water slide. I'll admit that I have no idea what that is exactly, or whether it is, in fact the world's longest. I'm just going by what the sign said.

Directions: From I-4, take the "Lake Buena Vista" exit and head north for a couple of blocks. You'll see the hotel on your right, just past the Crossroads shopping center.

More about Sheraton Safari Hotel And Suites Lake Buena Vista

Really enjoyed the Sheraton Safari

by TripAdvisor Member Jsays1

This was my first trip with my sons to Disney World and we were on a tight budget. After getting a great rate through Priceline.com, we arrived at the hotel and received an excellent room, terrific service and altogether a great hotel stay!. Our room was large and newly decorated, the beds were very comfortable and bathroom was spotless.
The bus service to the park was very convenient - although crowded on the evening's return to the hotel. I would not recommend the buses if you have small children in strollers. The buffet breakfast was delicious as was the burgers in the hotel restaurant. However there are literally 20 restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. It is on a busy 4 lane road, but there are sidewalks and traffic lights. Not a problem to walk to the restaurants at all. Overall, I was extremely happy with the hotel, would recommend it to all. PS my sons just loved the waterslide and pool.

Great Place to Stay!!

The Sheraton Safari Hotel is a real nice hotel. The beds were very comfy and the room was a nice size. We stayed 2 nights and the kids loved it. There were extra pillows and they weren't flat or hard. The hotel was always clean and quiet. The pool was nice sized and the kids loved the slide. The hot tub was a bit small and there were always little kids in it. But overall this is a real nice hotel and we would recommend it to anyone!! We Stayed March 18-20, 2004.

One of the Best deals in the Disney area

We just returned from 6 nights at one of the best deals in Lake Buena Vista area. Here are your choices;  One of the Disney 3 to 4 star properties at $300 to $400 per night , or the Sheraton Safari at approx $90 per night.  The staff is the most courteous we have had to pleasure to stay with.  The room was clean and large enough to accommodate two adults traveling with two children. The bathroom was spotlessly clean.  The size of the room was fine.  All of this and 5 minutes from the park.  What else do you need??  If you ask them you will probably get it.

Fantastic hotel, can highly recommend it.

We stayed in the Sheraton Safari Hotel and found it to be fantastic.
The staff were really helpful, it was spotlessly clean there and the food etc. was fabulous. It has a lovely gift shop and the deli had gorgeous food and drinks. So did the restaurant and bar. The decor of the hotel is really nice as it`s African themed and the pool with the python waterslide is amazing. Our sons couldn`t wait to go in it everyday and my husband and I loved the hot tub. I can`t recommend it enough and wouldn`t hesitate to go there again.

The good, the bad, the ugly

Just returned from four nights at the Sheraton Safari, in Orlando. Here is my review: The good-nice room, clean, decent pool area, reasonable, transportation to Disney. The bad-We asked for a King, ended up with a double. The staff is not very helpful (they hadn't even heard of the Orlando Mueseum), had to call room service three times to get them to answer (PB and J was more like Bread and jelly), we left our oil down at the pool and they sent us to three different people to get it back!
The Ugly-The safe in the room was broken, they had a fire drill (without warning us) for 10 minutes at dinner time, they charged us $3.00 for water at the pool (it was $1.50 at the gift shop and FREE in the room)!

Great location, breakfast and pool

by TripAdvisor Member travelomancity

We stayed at the Sheraton Safari for the second time during the week before Easter. I agree with other reviewers that the hotel has finally received the tarting up it needed as regards bedrooms, decor and carpets. The room we were allocated was a Starwood upgrade room facing the pool and if representative of the other rooms, it would be safe to say that a definite improvement over 4 years ago. The large pool and waterslide was a big hit with the kids - they would still be there now if we'd let them! The buffet breakfast has everything you could possibly want with attentive waiting staff, some of whom we remembered from last time and the location is ideally situated halfway between Disney themeparks and Seaworld. Will be returning there next time

Absolutely the best value nearest Disney

by TripAdvisor Member Luckyattwentyone

The Sheraton Safari is in an excellent location near the Disney properties. The staff of the hotel that we had contact with were EXCELLENT in their desire to see that we were happy with our stay. These include the front desk clerks (we had a very strong "chemical" smell in our first room and asked to be moved to another room...we were accomodated immediately; also, when we checked in I asked for a pool view instead of street side and were nicely accommodated at no extra charge)........waitresses (who were very friendly and helpful)....security......pool help....and maids. I was just very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of them all. The breakfast buffet selection was excellent, too, with kids eating free. But, one of the most important parts of our stay was the BED! Sheraton has invested some big dollars in comfortable beds with 5 pillows per bed. That is very important to me and the hotel's quality really came through in that department. The only glitch in their stellar performance was dirty hallways. The first couple of days we were there I visited 3 different floors in my building and every one of them was unvacuumed and looked dirty, giving an overall unkempt first impression. Our floor was finally vacuumed by the third day. However, the ROOMS were very clean. We spent most of our time in the parks, so the wonderful pool with the Python waterslide was only used our first afternoon. I did hit the whirlpool every morning to soak my aching back! That was great to have at our disposal. So, I give this hotel an A+ overall!

sheraton safari Orlando

by kellerlynne

has anyone stayed at the sheraton safari, how was your stay, was the hotel close to walt disney,

Re: sheraton safari Orlando

by csw123

This is a nice place to stay, nothing flashy. Location is great.

Comments