8800 Vistana Centre Drive, Orlando, Florida, 32821, United States

Sheraton Vistana Resort - Lake Buena Vista
Expedia.com Booking.com Sheraton.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• A Great Place to Stay

Highly recommend. This resort is a very good value for families -- pools, kids activities, and more. With a rental car, it is near everything: Sea World, Universal and Disney. We booked on-line and got a very good deal on a one-bedroom "Diamond" suite in the Cascades Village. Everything was "as advertised". The daily housekeeping service was good and the registration painless. We stayed 5 nights and did not want to leave; they had to kick us out because the unit was reserved for the next day. CAVEATS: The time-share salespeople will contact you soon after you check in. They offered us free breakfast and $75 (increased to $150 later in the sales pitch) to hear about their properties. We just said "no" politely and firmly, and they did not bother us again. Also, we noticed that there is definitely construction going on at the "Fountains" village, so check before you go. (We visited May 26-31.) Lastly, it was very confusing driving around the resort. There are resort workers everywhere, but keep the property map and a cell phone with you at all times!

• BLewJay's Profile Photo

It pays to own a timeshare

LJ was scheduled to visit Orlando for a conference, so we looked into staying in a hotel. Well since prices were expensive, we looked into a timeshare. I contacted RCI (Resort Condominiums International) to see if something was available...as luck would have it, there was a cancellation. So we ended up staying at a resort facility at a fraction of the price of a hotel. As soon as we checked in, we found the service to be top notch. Quick and efficient front desk and a very nice (large) room. We would recommend this hotel to others as I'm sure they'll enjoy it just as much as we did.

Unique Quality: We stayed in The Fountains two-bedroom villa and found it to be a very spacious and beautifully appointed vacation home (eventhough it was in the older section of the resort). Our condo came with a sofa bed in the living room, dining area with seating for six, breakfast bar with seating for two, fully equipped kitchen, refrigerator with icemaker, dishwasher, microwave, range/oven, toaster, coffee maker and blender, washer and dryer, three color TVs (one in each bedroom and one in the living room with VCR and stereo CD player), master bedroom with king bed, whirlpool tub in master bedroom, two double beds in guest room, private patio/balcony & sleeps up to eight guests.

The resort itself has seven outdoor swimming pools (three saunas and steam rooms), fully equipped fitness centers, eight outdoor whirlpool spas, four children's playgrounds, three game rooms, a General Store/Gift Shop, 13 lighted tennis courts (nine clay; four DecoTurf II), 18-hole miniature golf course (handicap accessible), poolside chair massage, Kiddie Mall (all items under $5), a Resort photographer, onsite wedding planner and florist, Surrey bike rental, Personal Training Services, full-service tennis pro shop, basketball courts, shuffleboard courts, volleyball courts, bicycle rental, videotape rental library, tanning and massage therapy services, sports and leisure equipment rental, business center (M - F, 9am - 5pm) as well as restaurants on the grounds.

Directions: At the intersection of I-4 and Hwy. 535 (Exit 68)...we stayed in the Fountains section of the resort (Condo #1410).

• AlvaroLuis's Profile Photo

Very Relaxing and close to the fun

We've been timeshare owners here since 1993 and have never been disappointed with the accomodations or the service.

Vistana is just 5 minutes away from Downtown Disney.

Unique Quality: The pools are great. If you decide to take a day off from the parks, this is the resort you want to be in. They have so many activities, specially around the pool, that you'll be entertained all day... or you can choose not to participate in any and just relax.

Directions: Minutes away from Publix supermarket, Dolly Parton's show and Downtown Disney.

• Gunner27's Profile Photo

Lot's of pools

Enjoyed our stay with the family. 7 people in a 2 bedroom condo, plenty of pools for the kids to choose from. Enjoyed our time the staff were great. DO NOT go grocery shopping at the mall just outside the gate "TOO EXPENSIVE". Overall good experience. Drive to any of the Disney resorts as the shuttle although reliable is limited to departure and arrival times.

Directions: Near the Majic Kingdom

• kaipow's Profile Photo

More timeshares

Stayed here during our trip in 2004. It is a timeshare. An excellent facility, part of the Sheraton family and the Starwood program.

Unique Quality: Lots of amenities. Close to all the theme parks. Literally 10 minutes from Disney World.

Directions: From I-4 Eastbound:

Take Exit 68 (27 old) (State Road 535 Lake Buena Vista/Kissimmee).
    Turn right (South) onto State Road 535.
    Sheraton Vistana Resort is one mile south on the right.

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Sheraton Vistana Resort

You get a living room, full kitchen, dining room, studio-2 bedrooms, 1-2 bathrooms, full kitchen, laundry and a terrace normally overlooking a fountain. Very peaceful. The room we stayed in needed some updating. It was built in the 80's and some cabinets were off track.

You can either join the timeshare or if you know someone who owns one you can have them rent to you. I believe you can also call RCI and find out who is renting.

The managers there are great but some of the other staff do not seem to be professional or knowledgeable.

Unique Quality: They have pools, gameroom, and a playground for volleyball etc. You do not have to pay extra for every little thing. The only thing we paid extra was for are spa services.

There is a free shuttle to the VF outlet. There is an $11 round trip shuttle to Universal Studios. There is an $8 round trip shuttle to any Disney park. The taxi company they use is good but it is not the least expensive.

Directions: near Disney and Kissimmee. Quite far from other activities

• wbozic's Profile Photo

Vistana Resort

Two bedrooms. Master bedroom hasking bed, full bathroom, & hot tub, while other bedroom has twin beds and access to another full bathroom. TV, VCR, Full Kitchen, Clothes washer & dryer in each unit, Balcony. Living room,... Everything you'd need for a week.

Unique Quality: Pools, especially the zero depth pool! we also enjoyed the hidden hot tubs and exercise room at Fountains Area.

Directions: SR 535 & I-4, A floral arrangemet with the name Vistana can be seen on the burm along I-4

More about Sheraton Vistana Resort

During our first week, we...

by durbie_uk

During our first week, we stayed in the resort area of Orlando. We stayed in the Sheraton's Vistana Resort which I would highly recommend to anyone for it's superb luxurry apartments, all within easy reach of the poolside area The pool area is well equipped with bar and restaurant and also a superb whirlpool / hot tub, which is huge.

Big And Beautiful

We recently returned from spending a week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort. I was worried from reading previous reviews and I was very pleasantly suprised at how wonderfully we were treated and how beautiful the property was. The room was very clean and well stocked, the pools were very nice. I would recommend this to any of my friends. (We had a room in the Cascades, the newest section of the property)

Amazing

A few years ago, me & my family went on vacation to florida & we stayed at the vistana resort. We stayed in the older part of the resort, but we were still impressed on how beautiful & quiet it was. Yes the villa was a little older then the rest, but the people there & the grounds & activities couldn't have been better. We were there already for a few days, when we were asked to go to a time share presentation. Our hostess was extremley nice, and she did her best to make us feel as comfertable as possible. In the end we ended up buying a time share there & we got one of the newer ones that they just finished a couple of years ago. I think that Sheraton Vistana is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been too. I like it so much that i'm leaving in 5 days to go for a week!

Sheraton Vistana Resort, 8800 Vistana Drive

by Alwaysdreaming

I heard that the Palms Villas in the Sheraton Vistana Resort have been refurbished. Does anyone know of this, or have pictures?
I did hear that I believe the Courts is the only remaining section to be done in 2011, is that right?
Thank you.

Re: Sheraton Vistana Resort, 8800 Vistana Drive

by Alwaysdreaming

Actually I will answer my own question. Because there was such ambiguity I decided to call the resort myself and ask.
The Palms Villas are not refurbished. They are scheduled to begin the renovations this September, 2010. The Courts are not done either.
Hope that helps.
These are the last two sections left to be refurbished. They apparently started the work two years ago. I think it is awesome. I hope more pictures of the resort will be posted showing the new and improved rooms.

Comments