Sheraton Vistana Villages International Drive

Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Sheraton.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Floating Feces

"I'll start by saying that the rooms are big, and the full kitchen was nice. That's all the positive ... now the truth. Upon CHECKING IN to our room, the toilet in the hallway bathroom (not the master bedroom) overflowed and feces left by the tenant previous to us floated to the top as water flooded the bathroom (this means the room was never cleaned prior to our arrival or housekeeping would have noticed the clogged toilet). It was so bad that the carpet in the adjacent bedroom was soaked. My partner had to wade through the feces water to turn off the water at the source. The maintenance people did an excellent job of replacing the carpet and drying out the room, but we had to tolerate loud fans and strangers in our room from 8am to 7pm. When the maintenance people left, they did not bother to make the bed they moved, nor did they alert housekeeping to the fact that they had to move the bed, so my daughter slept with no linens that night. The next day, we returned to the room at 5:15 and it had not yet been made up. The day before, all they did was leave a stack of towels on the table and this day they did NOTHING. I called down to the front desk and was told that they would immediately have someone over to clean the room (my daughter still had no linens on her bed). After 1.5 hours, we called the front desk again and we were told, "sorry, but there will not be anyone there to clean your room tonight." They offered me $25 to compensate me for the feces, the non-cleaning and the inconvenience .... but they charge you a $40 daily cleaning fee! Needless to say ... I would not recommend this resort. They messed up on every level and their customer service is unacceptable.

One last thing .... I wanted to buy two 2-day hopper passes to Disney. They tried to talk me into sitting through their 1.5 hours sales pitch (like I would ever return to a floating feces room!) and then they gave me a "deal" on a two day pass, but not a hopper. When I picked up the tickets the next morning, I learned that the hopper pass I originally asked for was the same price as the 2-day ticket. All the guy wanted to do was sell me a time-share and did not do ANYTHING for me but waste my time (he even called my room that night to try to talk me into the sales pitch again!).

These weren't the only problems with our room ... but the other issues pale in comparison. The television in the living room was broken .... you had to put your finger into a hole in the front to turn it on and then the picture was awful. Light bulbs were burned out, we were never given a wash cloth, enough soap for the sinks, or anything to wash the dishes with throughout our stay.

Unique Quality: The pools are nice.

Directions: The location is good; close to shopping, disney, sea world and local golf courses

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Sheraton Vistana Villages

We stayed in a two bedroom suite. You get a full kitchen, iron with ironing board, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, ample storage space, screened in balcony. The washing machine and dryer in our room was broken. They had a problem with the phone system. However, the staff, service, and activities overcompensated for these minor details. The food in the cafe was good, the massage treatment was great and I enjoyed the water aerobics.

Both bus #42 and the trolley stop right in front of the hotel. It is not far from a shopping area either. As a matter of fact we walked from the Premium outlets back to the hotel. Before you get to the outlets there is another mini strip mall area where you have walgreens, supermarket, and other little stores. I know not all of you can walk or will feel comfortable doing so but we are used to walking long distances.

My mom is a timeshare owner so my pricing might be off for those of you who are not using it as that. My mother pays money for maintenance and I do not care for the fact they only come 3x a week to clean the room. Plus you still have to pay to rent stuff like a tire for the pool or balls to play on game tables.

Unique Quality: It is beautifully landscaped especially the pool lake and pond areas. There are waterfalls all over the place. Very picturesque.

They are in the process of construction so you might want to request being in a building near one that is comming up

More about Sheraton Vistana Villages International Drive

Economical in more than 1 terms.

by Faiza-Ifrah about Clarion Maingate West

Late January is off-peak and therefore, accommodation is available at economical prices. We stayed at Clarion Hotel and then at Sheraton Vistana resorts. The rates were $ 35.00 per night at Hotel Clarion for 2 adults and 2 children under 12. Off-season, Clarion Hotel offers free pick and drop service for WDW Parks and free breakfast for children under 12. We also liked their in-room security strong box facility.

We stayed at Orange Lake...

by vettebuf

We stayed at Orange Lake Country Club, the Sheraton Vistana, Westgate, and the High Point Resort. We happily return to the first three. We would stay at High Point again if nothing more luxurious was available. We'll be staying at the Hilton Vacation Club at SeaWorld during our next trip.
These are all timeshares. We traded our Poconos timeshare for them.

The Real Vistana villages

We just returned from a stay @ the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort in Orlando. Overall the stay was really good. I'd like to say it is the best you can get but but I don't know that, however I can say its the best stay my family and I have had. Our family of four had a 1 bedroom villa which was enough space for us to spread out when we needed to.
The furnishings were very nice and offered everything that we left at home, except everything at sheraton was on one floor. It is true that the place had a lot of those tiny lizardlke reptiles running around the grounds but they were harmless and were never seen indoors. The jacuzzi bath in the bedroom was an unexpected surprise which helped after a day at the Disney parks. The activities center had everything the kids could want and the pools were great with their waterfalls etc. The resort offered enough that I could have stayed there the whole trip but the wife and kids insisted that we didn't come to Florida to sit at the pool, relax in a jacuzzi, check out movies,stareat palm trees, play volleyball, cook my own food or order out, workout at a new gym etc. My wife and kids say we came to florida for the Magic Kingdom, well I found the magic in the kingdom of the Sheraton vistana villages and I didn't even have to do a time share tour or talk. Wow!

Wow! we'll be back!

Myself and my husband stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages last September 2002. We were very impressed all round. Our room had a great view and the pool was fantastic. The reception staff were very friendly and always there to help. If you are to go I would advise a room higher up as the views lower down were not quite as stunning. But, apart from that..get yourself there, its great!

"DISNEY WORLD" of course we have children!

Sheraton Vistana Villages! If you are conservative and with the exception of "No shuttle service from the airport to your hotel" This is a rich experience.This was a great blessing for us. Oh, by the way we did buy a time share. For the best service you can ever ask for time and moneywise speak to Mr. Harry Hunter, Sales Executive harrynhunter@att.netLiz Bridges satisfied customer

even better than we expected

My husband and I stayed at Vistana Villages Sept. 4-9th. We had a one bedroom suite that suited our needs perfectly. Our check in went smoothly and quickly, the pools were wonderful, and it was very convenient having the kitchen. The phone calls regarding the welcome package and the sales breakfast were a little annoying, but not enough so to stop us from staying there again. We had a rental car, therefore we found the location to be perfect for Disney, sea world, and Universal. If you are going to Orlando, don't hesitate to stay here.
You will not be disappointed.

where did kvegter@cis.net stay

hello............where exactly did kvegter@cis.net stay.cos it sure doesnt bear any resemblance to the vistana village i know. we stayed last year in july and are going back next june.its a gorgeous place..............clean spacious apartments.......fab pool.......children around, but not a huge issue......well we were all kids once.............brilliant Publix just down the road at vineland.....on i drive but quiet enough, saw the sea world fireworks from the front door of our apartment...........couldnt fault the place..the staff didnt even make a fuss when we drove up to the lobby the wrong way...........well you drive on the wrong side of the road there...and we were tired....................check in was quick and well organised.even if i was stressed cos we got lost coming out of the airport and were heading to god knows where... daytona i think...i would tell everyone they have to try the vistana villages.......but a bit of me wants to keep it to myself.......................didnt even get approached about the time share..............but i think i could be tempted........

Hooters at International drive OrlandoHooters at International drive Orlando

International Drive, Orlando, FL, USAInternational Drive, Orlando, FL, USA

International Drive, Orlando, FL, USAInternational Drive, Orlando, FL, USA

email address for Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive

by nwestwood

Does anyone have an email address for the Sheraton Vistana Villages on International Drive. Its not showing any email contact on there web site??

Many thanks,
Neil.

by goodfish

Hate to say in Neil but in digging around for this (and I can't find it either), I noticed that this is a time share property and, well, that may be the reason. They probably want to talk to you in person and I would probably be prepared for a pitch.

I do see that you can book online though so if decided on the property, do it that way - otherwise, you'll have to call them.

by virtualpatrick

Although they do not explicitly specify their email address, there is a web form which sends them the email.

From their main site:

Click on the "Help" link on the top right side of the page, select "Email" and fill in the web form to submit.

by goodfish

Ah - good job, Patrick!

by nwestwood

Thanks for the info, we have booked to stay here next year and just wanted to see about the refurbishment program (will it be finished by next year, October) and also see about a free upgrade to a two bedroom apartment., I always say "if you don't ask you'll never know".

Cheers guys.

by virtualpatrick

Have fun on your holidays, in advance. I always pass by the Sheraton Vistana entrance sign on my way to the Premium Outlets on Vineland Ave whenever I'm visiting my parent's place in Orlando. Look's nice from the photos.

Comments