Sheraton Vistana Villages International Drive

Tags

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Business Travel
See Amenities

Floating Feces

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 17, 2009

"I'll start by saying that the rooms are big, and the full kitchen was nice. That's all the positive ... now the truth. Upon CHECKING IN to our room, the toilet in the hallway bathroom (not the master bedroom) overflowed and feces left by the tenant previous to us floated to the top as water flooded the bathroom (this means the room was never cleaned prior to our arrival or housekeeping would have noticed the clogged toilet). It was so bad that the carpet in the adjacent bedroom was soaked. My partner had to wade through the feces water to turn off the water at the source. The maintenance people did an excellent job of replacing the carpet and drying out the room, but we had to tolerate loud fans and strangers in our room from 8am to 7pm. When the maintenance people left, they did not bother to make the bed they moved, nor did they alert housekeeping to the fact that they had to move the bed, so my daughter slept with no linens that night. The next day, we returned to the room at 5:15 and it had not yet been made up. The day before, all they did was leave a stack of towels on the table and this day they did NOTHING. I called down to the front desk and was told that they would immediately have someone over to clean the room (my daughter still had no linens on her bed). After 1.5 hours, we called the front desk again and we were told, "sorry, but there will not be anyone there to clean your room tonight." They offered me $25 to compensate me for the feces, the non-cleaning and the inconvenience .... but they charge you a $40 daily cleaning fee! Needless to say ... I would not recommend this resort. They messed up on every level and their customer service is unacceptable.

One last thing .... I wanted to buy two 2-day hopper passes to Disney. They tried to talk me into sitting through their 1.5 hours sales pitch (like I would ever return to a floating feces room!) and then they gave me a "deal" on a two day pass, but not a hopper. When I picked up the tickets the next morning, I learned that the hopper pass I originally asked for was the same price as the 2-day ticket. All the guy wanted to do was sell me a time-share and did not do ANYTHING for me but waste my time (he even called my room that night to try to talk me into the sales pitch again!).

These weren't the only problems with our room ... but the other issues pale in comparison. The television in the living room was broken .... you had to put your finger into a hole in the front to turn it on and then the picture was awful. Light bulbs were burned out, we were never given a wash cloth, enough soap for the sinks, or anything to wash the dishes with throughout our stay.

Unique Quality: The pools are nice.

Directions: The location is good; close to shopping, disney, sea world and local golf courses

iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Sheraton Vistana Villages

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 8, 2005

We stayed in a two bedroom suite. You get a full kitchen, iron with ironing board, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, ample storage space, screened in balcony. The washing machine and dryer in our room was broken. They had a problem with the phone system. However, the staff, service, and activities overcompensated for these minor details. The food in the cafe was good, the massage treatment was great and I enjoyed the water aerobics.

Both bus #42 and the trolley stop right in front of the hotel. It is not far from a shopping area either. As a matter of fact we walked from the Premium outlets back to the hotel. Before you get to the outlets there is another mini strip mall area where you have walgreens, supermarket, and other little stores. I know not all of you can walk or will feel comfortable doing so but we are used to walking long distances.

My mom is a timeshare owner so my pricing might be off for those of you who are not using it as that. My mother pays money for maintenance and I do not care for the fact they only come 3x a week to clean the room. Plus you still have to pay to rent stuff like a tire for the pool or balls to play on game tables.

Unique Quality: It is beautifully landscaped especially the pool lake and pond areas. There are waterfalls all over the place. Very picturesque.

They are in the process of construction so you might want to request being in a building near one that is comming up

Nearby Sheraton Vistana Villages International Drive

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

British
Ship or Boat
Disney Characters
Local Customs
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs