Staybridge Suites Orlando International Drive

Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Staybridge Suites Orlando International Drive

Great stay at Staybridge Suites

Hi! We just returned from 4 nights (April 1 - 5) at the Staybridge Suites on International Drive. Staying on the top floor was wonderful and overall we were very pleased with the accomodations. We had a convention rate of $139/night for a 1 bedroom and though the furniture was a bit worn everything else was great including the free laundry (bring or buy soap), guest and desk services and location. Since we hadn't brought a computer ourselves and their guest computers were awaiting high-speed interent installs this week I asked the desk to sign on and print our Southwest Air boarding passes and they very kindly did so! And after using Disney's "turbo-toilets" we found the flushing here a bit slow but adequate!

Parking was well-lit, plentiful and close to all elevators in the building. Housekeeping service was excellent and having 2 tvs was spoiling. We even had a view of Epcot in the distance and could hear various fireworks each night.

There are many restaurants and stores within easy walking distance as well as a mini-mart right in the hotel.

Our concerns about adequate free continental breakfast each morning etc. that we had read on TripAdvisor.com proved to be unfounded. They served bagels, pastries, cold cereals, eggs, bacon, pancakes, plentiful fresh fruit, different juices, coffee etc. And the tables were cleared immediately after people left contrary to what we had heard. We ate 3 different mornings and found things to be consistently well done!

The pool water was warm but the pool somewhat small. Extra towels were available at the pool and in the exercise room. There is also a small sundeck above the pool that was used by many during our stay.

The clientele was heavily our convention attendees but also families and other groups from Europe were staying and enjoying the pool etc.

We would definitely go back if staying in a non-Disney hotel!!!

Fabulous Hotel. Loved the Place

My family and I just recently returned from our wonderful trip to Orlando, where we stayed at the Staybridge Suites for 18 nights from the 20 April 2005. We have nothing but excellent comments about this hotel. The 2 bedroom suite we stayed in was large and adequately furnished with a comfortable (although outdated) lounge, writing desk and three TV's. The in room high speed internet access was a real bonus. Amazingly so, the beds and pillows were also very comfortable and we were able to have a good night sleep after a hectic day at the theme parks. (very important, especially with two young children). We have stayed at many hotels in the past and the majority of them have beds which feel like you are sleeping on rocks or sinking in quicksand.

Wonderful maid service - room cleaned daily, fresh, clean towels provided and dishes washed in the dishwasher.

Free breakfast was a real treat - a good variety of hot and cold foods.

The pool was nice and reasonably sized. Although it was very cold on two occassions even though it's meant to be a "heated pool".

Very friendly staff and excellent location (close to all ameneties and i-ride bus). I would highly recommend this hotel to all travellers.

This was my third trip to Orlando and the best hotel we have stayed at. We will definetly be returning to the Staybridge Suites.

value 4 money in a gr8 location

Well the main thing that springs to mind when thinking about the staybridge suites is excellent value for money and excellent location. i must admit it its not the most luxurious place ive ever stayed at. The reason most people go to Orlando is for the theme parks, so your hardly ever in the hotel anyway except for sleeping in.

There is no pub culture in the USA (compared to the English Pub culture) so there is a great place opposite the staybridge called the mercado centre. If all you want is a beer and some live music (which is completely free) and some nights is very good then it is great. kids can have a run around etc, get their hair braided etc - worth a try!

You also get free breakfast at the staybridge which is a bonus. the pool is'nt much at the staybridge but you have wet and wild etc if you want a day out swimming.

Overall i enjoyed my stay it was value for money and in the best location in the whole of International drive - honestly!!

Have To Agree With Previous Review

by TripAdvisor Member Vipers

Have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Staybridge Suites & agree with pretty much everything mentioned by the previous reviewer.

We were fortunate to get one of the ground floor 2 bedroom suites between the four of us, which contained everything we needed - including 3 x TV's & free safe. Admittedly the furniture when we arrived was well past its best, however all of the cupboards & drawers were actually replaced during the course of our stay as part of the renovation work.

Speaking of renovation, all of the previously mentioned building work looks to have been completed (although Laurel & Hardy would have done a better decorating job in the suite we occupied !) & the high-speed internet connections are now active.

Agree entirely with the breakfast comments, my family managed without much problem for the 2 weeks with the essentials provided, saving us a total of around $280 into the bargain (which is what it would have cost had we gone to Ponderosa / Golden Corral). In addition there were free daily newspapers, washing machines & beer/snacks on Tues-Thurs evenings, which all saved a few dollars.

This was my 6th visit to I-Drive in the past 12 years, and I can honestly say this was the best 'reasonably priced' accomodation I've stayed in in this time.

Great Suite

by TripAdvisor Member tompammc

The Staybridge Suites was excellent. We were getting in after midnight so we emailed ahead to make sure we got a top floor with two bedrooms and one that was renovated after reading the reviews. We rec'd an email back saying all the two bedroom suites were now remodeled and when we got it sure enough we had exactly what we requested on the 5th floor.
The breakfast was great with differn't things everyday including eggs, waffles, biscuits & gravy, etc. Lots of nice touches like microwave popcorn in our room. Also a DVD player and free room safe. The pool & hot tub area was really nice. ANd we bought all our Seaworld, Universal & Disney tickets in the lobby. The Trolley runs right in front of hotel for 75 cents. NO complaints at all. Great location. WOuld definately stay here again.
THey whole staff from maid to front desk to breakfast cooks were as nice as could be!!!!

Suited us well

Disappointed about the mess from the major refurbishment works, but they made an effort to tidy up every day.

Trio suite was clean, spacious and newly decorated - ideal for the 4 of us. The maid visited everyday and the housekeeping supervisor made regular checks on everything (they even asked us what time of day we preferred for the room to be cleaned). I wouldn't have liked a room on the ground floor - but up on the 4th it was fine.

Pool was small but well suited to children (and nicely warm). Plenty of clean, warm towels available. Free laundy was great - a real bonus to come home with the suitcases packed with clean clothes. Freee local phone calls was great too for making WDW reservations.

The Staybridge is well-positioned on I-Drive close to some really good restaurants.

The breakfast was ok - nothing special, but there was fresh fruit, muffins, multigrain bars, bagels, plenty of bread and something hot everyday - there are lots of other breakfast choices locally if it isn't your thing.

I'd go back there - good location, staff try to be helpful, trio suite suits our needs and the refurbishments should be completed soon.

Comfortable and friendly staff

by TripAdvisor Member Marmalade26_8

My family and I stayed at the hotel in July 2004. We knew that they were going through refurbishment - but this didn't affect our stay at all. The 2 bed suite we had was more than big enough for 4 of all. The kitchen area was well equipped. The room did need a makover - but it wasn't unpleasent. The staff were helpful and friendly. Only downside is the pool is really not big enough for the amount of people wanting to use it.

Perfect for the Family

Well I had read someof the reviews and I had got quite worried. We arrived at the Stybridge on the 25/01/04 with my parents (one in a wheelchair), my husband and daughter. My first impression was everything was clean but basic. Not a bad thing (we wouldn't be staying in the hotel that much anyway). Check-in was fast and very friendly they made a great fuss of my daughter and made sure everything required was correct for my dad. We got to our room and my first impression of the Staybridge was right for our room aswell. Basic but clean. The 2 bedroom suite was actually a lot larger than i expected but some of the furniture was a bit shabby but hey this is not a 5 star resort. The renovation work going on is making this alot better.

During the holiday I cannot express how helpful the staff were with good advice on eating out, best place to get your shopping etc. Big hello to Nano on the reception he was excellant and remembered my daughters name all through the holiday.

The location was excellant but I would say if you are going for the whole Disney / Universal thing etc then you do need a car as taxis to Disney could be expensive.

As for the pool yes it was quite small but hardly anyone uses it and what do you expect for a I drive hotel. We used it once and it was very clean and very warm, the jacuzzi was boiling.

All in all the hotel was really nice - made better by the staff and one I would recommend to anyone and I will certainly return to the hotel again.

P.S the Ponderosa restaurant across the road is excellant for a cheap decent meal especially with Kids. It's a buffet and they can eat as much as they like without you breaking your bank balance.

left after 1 day

This hotel was undergoing major re-development work at the latter part of last year & I feel they should have either closed or closed off areas affected. The level of cleanliness was not at all acceptable & the dust was unbearable. the outside pool was also unclean & the toilets we're being used by the builders which was very unpleasant. I would not entertain going back there at all & even though we requested a move to another floor, we were told nothing was available. This resulted in us moving hotels.

Nice Hotel, Great Location!!

by TripAdvisor Member jthomson

My family and i (party of 5) stayed here for 10 nights from 18 Apr. We had a 2 bedroom suite.

The furniture was slightly dated as other reviewers have commented on, but the accommodation was very clean, and the staff friendly. We had maid service everyday, which was to a high standard.

There was plenty of room in the pool for everyone, inluding sunloungers.

The Tue/Wed/Thu Managers complimentary drinks and snacks were a real bonus, and the breakfast was good considering it is free!

Overall we had a great stay here, and the location was excellent! Just south of the Sand Lake Road, so now traffic jams at all.

space shuttle atlantisspace shuttle atlantis

Minnie's country houseMinnie's country house

The Great Movie RodeThe Great Movie Rode

Simpsons RideSimpsons Ride

Visiting Disney world Orlando on November

by alex2873

Hi

We are planning a trip to Disney world Orlando this coming November 20,2009 we are 2 adults and 4 kids ages 13,11,9,7 .

Could you please let me know if the weather is OK at this time of the year to visit Florida

thanks

by pg12359

I've been to Disney twice during the first week of December. Weather is perfect as far as I'm concerned. We swam in the pool everyday and wore shorts. I don't remember any days with rain however it may rain at night. The temps ranged from low-70's to low-80s during the day and mid-50s to mid-60s at night. You should be okay. I'd take some long pants and a light jacket for the evening just in case.

by Donna_in_India

I agree. I always liked the weather at that time of year. One thing to be aware of though is that Thursday the 26th - Sunday the 29th will be the Thanksgiving weekend and the parks will be very crowded during that time. Hope you have a great time!!

by yvr

OK

by jonellis

I live 1 1/2 hours from Disney and It is USUALLY good at that time of year, but it gets cool at night. I was at Disney about that time last November and we did get chilled a bit by 8:30 in the evening. November is one of the dryer if not the driest month of the year. Your chances for rain are low.

by nomad7890

Nov. is the best time to visit Florida. The date you picked is very close to the Thanksgiving holidays, I would try to go to Disney right away, because the parks could be horribly full, to the point of turning people away later. Any possibility to come the week before?

Cool ... is relative. If you're used to cold weather you'll be fine, just bring a light jacket. If you live elsewhere in Florida - well, yes it will be cool in the afternoon.

by mmyerspa

I think it's a fantastic time of year. Tail end of hurricane season, cooler than summer, and before most of the snowbirds arrive. Bring a light jacket just in case, but you may not need it.

by iracubet123

Hi! We are a family of 6 coming at the same period as you guys. We're from Singapore, any chance you're too? Well...I was thinking of purchasing 3-day passes to Disney and wondered if your family and mine add up, we maybe could get group tickets on the cheap. What you think?

Comments