Summer Bay Resort Orlando

See Popular Hotels

Tags

Theme Park Trips Beaches Family Travel
See Amenities

Awesome stay at a great resort

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 10, 2013

I have a lot to say about this resort.

1) I want to thank your staff especially Doug at the VIP desk they are friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to interact with. We got the best service we have ever had at any resort including ones costing much more than yours.

2) I want to thank housekeeping and maintenance for being so prompt and happy to help with even the littlest thing. You also made this a fantastic vacation.

3) No matter what time day or night your staff was fantastic and seemed to be happy to help with anything. I never once heard that's not my job or a complaint. They always went and found someone who could help.

4) Your grounds keepers are exceptional as all the facilities were clean and well maintained. We very much enjoyed tennis, basketball, the main pool and hottub. We didn't make it to the pool at and night life at Big kahunas but we will next time.

5) Yes i said next time. WE WILL BE BACK!

Last just thank you for a wonderful vacation, an awesome hotel and the best and friendliest staff we have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

Wifi was slow and didn't always work but that just kept me off my computer.

The Dales

Unique Quality: Excellent staff, rooms and facilities. Staff was way over and beyond!

Directions: 15 minutes from Disney!

Timeshare pressure, no free wifi

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 4, 2012

As soon as we checked in we were begged to attend a timeshare. He followed us out to our car not wanting to take no for an answer. We got to the room and it was awesome but we found out quickly that they wanted $10 a day to use the Internet! Are u kidding me?

Unique Quality: Very nice and large flat panel tv in living room area

Directions: Pretty convenient to things

Terrible Experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 22, 2011

I recently stayed (11/4-11/8) at the Summer Bay Orlando Resort as part of a preview invitation. Our stay was less than pleasurable. My family and I were sold a package for 5 days - 4 nights. When we arrived we checked in and the person who checked us in tried to make it a 4 day stay instead of 5 days. When I questioned the change it was corrected and the gentleman made an excuse that he had the incorrect person. I was then charged taxes ($25) for the stay which is not much but was told that all applicable taxes and fees were included in the price.

Secondly, when we took the kids over to the water park area there was a huge disclaimer sign that warned about not drinking the water for it will make you sick. I appreciate being advised but that certainly changed my opinion about allowing my children to play there with that potential risk. Not kid friendly!

Thirdly, upon our return back to the room we were greeted by a very large cockroach (at least only one which we saw). It was in the main bathroom where it took me 5 minutes to extinguish. Needless to say that put a damper on the rest of the stay in the room. My wife and kids did not want to sleep in the bedrooms nor stay in the room at all after that but we suffered through it. Best of all when we checked out I was not asked about my stay so I made sure they person knew of the cockroach problem. Her comment to me was "we will take care of it". No apology or concern. What kind of customer service is that?

Lastly, as part of our obligation we attended the 3 hour tour (promised it would be only 90 mins). My wife and I were very clear about our intentions not to purchase at the very beginning of our preview. Even though my intentions were very clear, our sales person spent additional time going through the process which seemed to be a delay tactic. When we got back to the preview center after our tour we had to sit again with another manager to be questioned yet again. When we told him no again they proceeded to send over another QA person who then tried and sell us yet again.

I understand this is their job but they were intent on keeping us as long as they could. I was also promised a $50 Visa card and $50 hotel card for sitting through the presentation and when I tried to collect my gift cards they told me they had no record of the Visa gift card even though I showed them the email on my phone. The manager tried disputing this with me over and over instead of resolving the problem and I was so infuriated at that point I walked out.

I would steer clear of this resort and chain they are a bunch of swindlers!! Tried contacting Herb Lyles the GM to make this right and he never responded!

ines2003's Profile Photo

best resort

by written on September 21, 2010

Summer Bay is in a great location, from the Disney traffic but not too far, 10 minutes from Disney, 20 from Universal theme parks. The rooms and pools are great. i stayed for 3 days and enjoy the time with my family.

Unique Quality: view of smaller lake of my windows

Directions: orlando

ines2003's Profile Photo

best resort

by written on September 21, 2010

Summer Bay is in a great location, from the Disney traffic but not too far, 10 minutes from Disney, 20 from Universal theme parks. The rooms and pools are great. i stayed for 3 days and enjoy the time with my friend.

Unique Quality: There are several pools located on the farm with two major open 24 hours. There is also a bar in each of these two pools which is open until at least 11:00. A lot of nights there is live entertainment in the main pool in the clubhouse. That's always fun. There is a lake with water activities, a miniature golf course, fitness center, is conveniently located near all attractions and lots of excellent restaurants.

Directions: orlando

Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Home away from home- literally

by written on January 10, 2006

We stayed in a 2-bedroom condominium at Summer Bay Resort located 6 miles from Disney in October 2005 through an RCI exchange. The six miles is deceiving however, as it'll take you only 15 minutes to Disney at 7am, but this could increase to 45 minutes if you're trying to travel at 11am.

The resort is located on a spacious property, with only 40% of their land currently developed. They are looking to expand considerably, and there is quite a bit of construction going on at the outer ends of their property. The property is well-kept; the grass is manicured and green, the water sprinklers come on every night at 11pm for 20 minutes.

The condo was furnished with a full kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, forks/knives, bowls, coffee pot, stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kitchen towels). The living room was large and featured three sofas with a central coffee table, and a 32-inch TV and VCR. There was also a 5-CD radio and a side study desk to write notes at. In a closet between the kitchen and the living room, we found a full-size ironing board and iron, as well as a stacked washer-dryer unit.

The master bedroom featured a king-size bed with overhanging drapes with four high-posts that gave the theme of a plantation resort. The master bedroom also features a large TV, an alarm clock, and conveniently, the resort offers a "wake up call" service. Attached to the master bedroom in an open-design forum is the bathroom. There is a spacious jacuzzi that comfortably fits two, a standing shower, and a toilet that is sequested off into behind closed doors.

The second bedroom was equal in size to the master bedroom but featured two twin (single) beds. The second bathroom is located next to this room, which had a long mirror and bathroom marbled sink (spanned six feet), and a bathtub.

Unique Quality: There are four or five small swimming pools scattered throughout this large resort, so guests do not have to go to the central clubhouse to enjoy the pools. There was one located less than fifteen steps from our balcony (we were on the first floor, so it's more of a porch). It was very convenient and much appreciated. There are also numerous man-made lakes with fountains that kept the property cool during the day.

Clubhouse has a game room (arcade games, pool/snooker, table tennis and board games), as well as a tikibar and swimming pool. THere is also an attached lake with a beach for water activities such as jet skiing and canoeing. There is a convenience store that carries medical needs (painkillers, aloe vera, sunblock), snacks (chips, cookies, candy) and icecream (ten flavors). There are also sandwiches available. There is a giftshop with postcards, t-shirts, shot glasses, photo frames, and games. There is nightly karaoke in front of the tikibar and a carricature artist that is available onsite for drawings (around $15).

Directions: From Orlando International Airport - Follow Highway 417 South to the Osceola Parkway. Travel West on Osceola Parkway to Interstate 4 West. Get off of I-4 at exit 64B (Highway 192).

Nearby Summer Bay Resort Orlando

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews