Summer Bay Resort Orlando

Summer Bay Resort
Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 41% less but rated 20% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Awesome stay at a great resort

I have a lot to say about this resort.

1) I want to thank your staff especially Doug at the VIP desk they are friendly, helpful, and a pleasure to interact with. We got the best service we have ever had at any resort including ones costing much more than yours.

2) I want to thank housekeeping and maintenance for being so prompt and happy to help with even the littlest thing. You also made this a fantastic vacation.

3) No matter what time day or night your staff was fantastic and seemed to be happy to help with anything. I never once heard that's not my job or a complaint. They always went and found someone who could help.

4) Your grounds keepers are exceptional as all the facilities were clean and well maintained. We very much enjoyed tennis, basketball, the main pool and hottub. We didn't make it to the pool at and night life at Big kahunas but we will next time.

5) Yes i said next time. WE WILL BE BACK!

Last just thank you for a wonderful vacation, an awesome hotel and the best and friendliest staff we have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

Wifi was slow and didn't always work but that just kept me off my computer.

The Dales

Unique Quality: Excellent staff, rooms and facilities. Staff was way over and beyond!

Directions: 15 minutes from Disney!

• Timeshare pressure, no free wifi

As soon as we checked in we were begged to attend a timeshare. He followed us out to our car not wanting to take no for an answer. We got to the room and it was awesome but we found out quickly that they wanted $10 a day to use the Internet! Are u kidding me?

Unique Quality: Very nice and large flat panel tv in living room area

Directions: Pretty convenient to things

• Terrible Experience

I recently stayed (11/4-11/8) at the Summer Bay Orlando Resort as part of a preview invitation. Our stay was less than pleasurable. My family and I were sold a package for 5 days - 4 nights. When we arrived we checked in and the person who checked us in tried to make it a 4 day stay instead of 5 days. When I questioned the change it was corrected and the gentleman made an excuse that he had the incorrect person. I was then charged taxes ($25) for the stay which is not much but was told that all applicable taxes and fees were included in the price.

Secondly, when we took the kids over to the water park area there was a huge disclaimer sign that warned about not drinking the water for it will make you sick. I appreciate being advised but that certainly changed my opinion about allowing my children to play there with that potential risk. Not kid friendly!

Thirdly, upon our return back to the room we were greeted by a very large cockroach (at least only one which we saw). It was in the main bathroom where it took me 5 minutes to extinguish. Needless to say that put a damper on the rest of the stay in the room. My wife and kids did not want to sleep in the bedrooms nor stay in the room at all after that but we suffered through it. Best of all when we checked out I was not asked about my stay so I made sure they person knew of the cockroach problem. Her comment to me was "we will take care of it". No apology or concern. What kind of customer service is that?

Lastly, as part of our obligation we attended the 3 hour tour (promised it would be only 90 mins). My wife and I were very clear about our intentions not to purchase at the very beginning of our preview. Even though my intentions were very clear, our sales person spent additional time going through the process which seemed to be a delay tactic. When we got back to the preview center after our tour we had to sit again with another manager to be questioned yet again. When we told him no again they proceeded to send over another QA person who then tried and sell us yet again.

I understand this is their job but they were intent on keeping us as long as they could. I was also promised a $50 Visa card and $50 hotel card for sitting through the presentation and when I tried to collect my gift cards they told me they had no record of the Visa gift card even though I showed them the email on my phone. The manager tried disputing this with me over and over instead of resolving the problem and I was so infuriated at that point I walked out.

I would steer clear of this resort and chain they are a bunch of swindlers!! Tried contacting Herb Lyles the GM to make this right and he never responded!

• ines2003's Profile Photo

best resort

Summer Bay is in a great location, from the Disney traffic but not too far, 10 minutes from Disney, 20 from Universal theme parks. The rooms and pools are great. i stayed for 3 days and enjoy the time with my family.

Unique Quality: view of smaller lake of my windows

Directions: orlando

• ines2003's Profile Photo

best resort

Summer Bay is in a great location, from the Disney traffic but not too far, 10 minutes from Disney, 20 from Universal theme parks. The rooms and pools are great. i stayed for 3 days and enjoy the time with my friend.

Unique Quality: There are several pools located on the farm with two major open 24 hours. There is also a bar in each of these two pools which is open until at least 11:00. A lot of nights there is live entertainment in the main pool in the clubhouse. That's always fun. There is a lake with water activities, a miniature golf course, fitness center, is conveniently located near all attractions and lots of excellent restaurants.

Directions: orlando

• Icemaiden02's Profile Photo

Home away from home- literally

We stayed in a 2-bedroom condominium at Summer Bay Resort located 6 miles from Disney in October 2005 through an RCI exchange. The six miles is deceiving however, as it'll take you only 15 minutes to Disney at 7am, but this could increase to 45 minutes if you're trying to travel at 11am.

The resort is located on a spacious property, with only 40% of their land currently developed. They are looking to expand considerably, and there is quite a bit of construction going on at the outer ends of their property. The property is well-kept; the grass is manicured and green, the water sprinklers come on every night at 11pm for 20 minutes.

The condo was furnished with a full kitchen (pots, pans, dishes, forks/knives, bowls, coffee pot, stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, kitchen towels). The living room was large and featured three sofas with a central coffee table, and a 32-inch TV and VCR. There was also a 5-CD radio and a side study desk to write notes at. In a closet between the kitchen and the living room, we found a full-size ironing board and iron, as well as a stacked washer-dryer unit.

The master bedroom featured a king-size bed with overhanging drapes with four high-posts that gave the theme of a plantation resort. The master bedroom also features a large TV, an alarm clock, and conveniently, the resort offers a "wake up call" service. Attached to the master bedroom in an open-design forum is the bathroom. There is a spacious jacuzzi that comfortably fits two, a standing shower, and a toilet that is sequested off into behind closed doors.

The second bedroom was equal in size to the master bedroom but featured two twin (single) beds. The second bathroom is located next to this room, which had a long mirror and bathroom marbled sink (spanned six feet), and a bathtub.

Unique Quality: There are four or five small swimming pools scattered throughout this large resort, so guests do not have to go to the central clubhouse to enjoy the pools. There was one located less than fifteen steps from our balcony (we were on the first floor, so it's more of a porch). It was very convenient and much appreciated. There are also numerous man-made lakes with fountains that kept the property cool during the day.

Clubhouse has a game room (arcade games, pool/snooker, table tennis and board games), as well as a tikibar and swimming pool. THere is also an attached lake with a beach for water activities such as jet skiing and canoeing. There is a convenience store that carries medical needs (painkillers, aloe vera, sunblock), snacks (chips, cookies, candy) and icecream (ten flavors). There are also sandwiches available. There is a giftshop with postcards, t-shirts, shot glasses, photo frames, and games. There is nightly karaoke in front of the tikibar and a carricature artist that is available onsite for drawings (around $15).

Directions: From Orlando International Airport - Follow Highway 417 South to the Osceola Parkway. Travel West on Osceola Parkway to Interstate 4 West. Get off of I-4 at exit 64B (Highway 192).

More about Summer Bay Resort Orlando

Loved Summer Bay

by TripAdvisor Member MinnesotaNice03

Great 2 room Villa................Very nice, with everything you need and a great full kitchen. When the night was over there was plenty of TV's (each bedroom and the living room) for everyone to be happy and relax. The hot tubs and pools were great! The only thing bad, is the water did not get hot in the bathtubs and showers. I read this in another review also. They need to figure that out as they are still expanding. The lake and activities were GREAT! I was also treated well by all the staff. My entire family loved Summer Bay.

Will I go back???

Probably as an owner!!!!!

Fantastic stay at Summer Bay

Arrived 1-24-04 @ 1:00 PM--check-in time was 4:00 They checked us in with no hassles. We had a 2 BR/ 2 Bath which was absolutely perfect. Plenty of room for up to 8 persons. We had a third floor room overlooking a beautiful and very well heated pool and hot tub. Although the weather was cool (highs in the 60's) the pool felt great. We had to call maintenance for an accident we had in the kitchen. (the enclosure for the light fixture fell and broke) Maintenance was there in 20 minutes and replaced it with no questions asked. Only 10 minutes to Disney and 20 minutes to Universal. Everything was spotless and very well maintained. Everyone was Very Friendly and made our 7 day stay a very enjoyable one. Will be returning soon.

pretty good time

My family of 5 stayed at the Summer Bay Resort last March 2003. The first 1 bedroom unit we were put in smelled like cigarette smoke terribly. We asked for another room and eventually got it. The new room smelled better, but was a very small 1 bedroom unit. It was in the older section of the summer bay resort. There was no jacuzzi tub and a very small kitchen. We enjoyed the pool, and our kids loved all the childrens activities that were available. The sales pitch was nerve racking. We had no intentions on buying one and we stayed firm the entire time. But the pressure was on...bigtime. At least 3 other people besides our salesman came over and tried to offer us different prices, deals, etc. But once the sales meeting is over, you can enjoy the rest of your vacation. One other little hint, if you're planning on spending the day at the pool, get your chair early. They fill up fast and you have to sit on the concrete. Oh you also can pay $$ for different activities in the lake. Its like $10 bucks just to swim in it for the day. I think it should be free. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would go back.

Much better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member irelands_own

After reading several mixed reviews from your website over the last few months, we were not sure just what to expect from this resort. I am very happy to say that our one bedroom condo was well appointed and quite comfortable for my husband and me during our week long stay. I will add however, that these accommodations may have been a bit cramped if four adults attempted to share this same space. As for the resort staff, we found each and everyone to be quite friendly and helpful. If you are interested in golf, Summer Bay Resort is situated only a short distance from several public and semiprivate facilities. We feel very confident in recommending this resort to others. We hope you enjoy your stay as much as we enjoyed ours.

Hotel stay not resort

My wife set up the arrangement with the salesperson on the phone for this vacation package that included setting in on some timeshare sales pitchs. I was under the understanding that we would be staying at the Summer Bay Resort itself and was supprised to find that we would be staying at the Summer Bay Inn. Bad, Start to begin with. The next moring we went over for the pitch. Our salesperson was nice but it took forever to get to the tour of the resort. The tour was very good and the resort very beautiful. It lacks some things that I like to have had there, horseshoes, handball, and racketball. I find out later that if you want to golf you have to do somewhere else, but they give you coupons, Wow how generious. Also, Some other attivities you may want to do will cost you more money, boating, bicycles, etc. I guess what I amd saying here is for what you are charged for maintencen fees let along for your condo these sould be included. Then at the end when we decided not to buy it took again forever to convience them "NO". We had to be there at 7:00 A. M. but they didn't let us go untill 11:00. Anyhow, Be advised you do pay $2.00 for the use of the resort SO USE IT. My wife and I spent a very nice evening in the hot tub and swimming pool. If you decide to not buy make sure to be STRONG with your NO otherwise get lunch there also. LOL

I highly recommend this resort!

I recently read a negative review of an Orlando area hotel which spilled over onto Summer Bay. I responded to it to set the record straight, and I'm entering my opinion here as well, just for the record. My family stayed in the resort last spring. We had a wonderful time. Summer Bay Resort in Kissimmee, FL, is beautiful, manicured, quiet, safe, and most assuredly family-oriented. The units are superb. The staff was professional, friendly, courteous, and eager to accomodate. Our tour was less than 90 minutes. Our salesman, Phil Maluck, was low-key, but friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. The sales manager, Gary Ulewicz, was also low-key, personable, professional, and courteous. We've been on dozens of these tours over the years, and this one was definitely among the most low-pressure we've experienced. The child-care facility was clean and well-kept. All the facilities at this resort were first-class. Trying hard to come up with even one negative is hard--the only possibility is probably remedied by now--last year they had no lights on the tennis court. Big woo. I've been to and stayed at many resorts over the years. I am an owner at another resort. Summer Bay at Kissimmee (Clermont) is among the best of the best. It's a bit farther out than some, but for now that keeps the pricing more competetive. Besides, the way the area is growing, it's location will end up in "the middle of town" before long. The highest recommendation I can offer is this: I intend to purchase a unit at Summer Bay on this trip if there is any way at all I can swing it. Don't believe any nay-sayers. Jim Dixon Chattanooga, TN sooka2@comcast.net

Bait and Switch

The salesman was all smiles and pushy. But, the hook, a 7 Day Mediteranian cruise, seemed worth the trouble. NOT !! The time came to schedule the cruise. OOPs, NO cruises were scheduled for the entire year. I was the first to ask. BUT, we have a nice Carribean cruise. I called the staff at Ocean Club Cruises and was told they don't have a Med cruise and aren't planning to schedule one. I have been getting the runaround for 2 months and still don't have a clue when or if a cruise will be available.

april 2004

by mariechez

we are travelling april o4 after the easter holidays but l am still reading different things about how crowded it will be. The price of the hoilday dropped those weeks so l am hoping it means that its a bit quieter also we are staying in a condo at Summer Bay Resort does anyone have info on that. Many thanks

Comments