The Fountains

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about The Fountains

An excellent resort.

by Faiza-Ifrah about Sheraton Vistana

Only one mile from Walt Disney World, Sheraton Vistana offers spacious one and two bedroom villas. It sprawls over 135 acres with fountains and lakes, basket ball and volley ball, tanning beds, massage facility and children playground. Tickets for area activities can be purchased on site. Off-season, the price could be anywhere close to US$ 100 or even less per night. Amenities include 13 tennis courts, 6 swimming pools, 7 outdoor hot tubs, an 18 hole miniature golf course, 3 recreation centers, 2 restaurants, a general store with Pizza Hut and Haagen Dazs outlets and an internet cafe where we used first 30 hours free.

Get Away From It All!

by ShamrockinGirlie about Walt Disney World Swan

If you are looking for a little peace & quiet and to get away from the screaming kids, this is the place to stay. While I love kids, I didn't want to be surrounded by them on my honeymoon. This is probably the most upscale hotel in Disney. Beautiful fountains in the foyer, a great pool, and breakfast at the Garden Grove Cafe...what could be better? The balcony on our room gave us a view of the Dolphin hotel, the Swan's 'sister' as well as the Boardwalk. Overall, a great place to stay!

Loved The Fountains!

by TripAdvisor Member Trixalina

After reading the recent reviews on Trip Advisor we were very skeptical about staying at The Fountains! What a pleasant surprise awaited us when we arrived! Our unit was in Building #7, a new building, and was immaculate! The furnishings were lovely and the unit was fully equipped with anything and everything we needed. The staff was most helpful and accommodating, even checking back with us to make sure that everything was OK. They are doing some contruction on the grounds and the machinery started around 7 in the morning, but that was the only inconvenience (and one that the management told us about when we made our reservations). The amenities and activities offered were great -- so much to do that we literally ran out of time to do everything that we wanted to! The pool, grounds, and common areas were well kept and clean. We will definitely return to stay at The Fountains and would recommend it to anyone visiting the Orlando area.

Not Happy at the Fountains

We were not happy at our recent stay at the Fountains. We stayed in a two bedroom condo. The unit was very dirty. There were stains on the carpet and beds. The previous guest's shampoo and dirty washclothes were still in the shower. The kitchen floor had not been washed for a very long time, it was filthy. The beds were very uncomfotable. We rolled to the middle of our bed. I would not even allow my family in the pool. The water was cloudy and the area around the pool was dirty. The pool was actually closed off with caution tape on our last day. (I wonder why). Needless to say, we were very disappointed after reading all the good reviews on Tripadvisor.

Will not return to the Fountains

by TripAdvisor Member jswood727

We just returned from the Fountains and were not happy with our stay and will not return. We go to Orlando every year to the same resort, across the street from the Fountains. We decided to try somewhere new this year - and wish we had not! We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. The kitchen, dining and living room were very small. The carpet and furniture had many stains. The beds were so bad, my son hardly slept and you would wake up sore. Our safe was not working upon check in and it took 3 calls and two days for someone to fix it. Now for the grounds, not impressive! You have to walk through the parking lot to get to the only pool. The pool is very crowded and will get even worse when they complete all of the buildings. The pool closes promptly at 10 pm and the security guard throws everyone out. The game room also closes at 10 pm. The pool bar closes at 5pm so if you want anything to drink after that, you have to go up to the lobby to the resteraunt. Basically, there is NOTHING to do after 10 pm and you might as well go to bed. They do have alot of activities for little kids, but my 12 year old was not thrilled, or was I, that everything closed so early. Most people like to go for a swim or to the hottub after a day at the parks, but by the time you return the pool is closed. I would never return and suggest you check out the resort across the street, Sheraton Vistana Villages!

My New Favorite Disney Resort Lodgings!

by starship about Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

UPDATE: October, 2010
constructing - details & photos to follow

Being a member of the Disney Vacation Club has been a wonderful investment for us because we love Disney World and are able to use our DVC points for stays around the world. During this visit (October, 2006) we used our DVC points to stay at the newest Disney resort hotel, "Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa." Located where the the Villas of the Disney Institute used to be, the Saratoga Springs is a brand new resort complex with new a new theme, new buildings, new landscape and geographical features, new restaurants, etc. The complex is similar to "Port Orleans," & "Old Key West" resorts in that there are many lodging buildings spread out over several acres, but the building containing the registration desk, lobby, & restaurants requires walking or driving to reach it.

This new resort is based on the theme of Saratoga Springs, New York, and includes art and references throughout to the Saratoga Springs horseracing course there. The beautifully new Victorian buildings generally are 4 stories each, with elevator and are painted in pastel hues with gorgeous architectural details. There is a large central lake with fountains, landscaping and walkways, and lighting. Our building was called the "Paddock" and our room looked directly over the lake -- we had a beautiful balcony on which to enjoy all the sights.

Disney bus service to all the parks is available at Saratoga Springs! We were staying only one night at Saratoga Springs but I would have been happy to spend more nights there! We had a "Studio" room which included one queen size bed and a double pull-out sofa bed. (I can attest to the fact that the pull-out bed was extremely comfortable because I tried it!) When the sofa was not pulled out, it made a very nice sitting area with coffee table, TV, lounge chair, etc.

The room also had a well-thought out small "kitchenette" with granite countertop, sink, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee pot, and cabinet stocked with paper plates, plasticware, and extra coffee. This was perfect for fixing morning coffee and small breakfast to sit out on the balcony with!! We didn't need anymore than this because we purchased the meal plan during this trip.

There was also a vanity & dressing area, and a nice large bathroom. Everything was extremely new, comfortable, and attractive. I really loved the balcony at night because it was a great place to watch the fireworks!

What a Disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member #1Soonerfan

I just returned from staying at the Fountains for a week vacation. I am a Bluegreen Owner and was very disappointed in the Fountains. I booked a room for 8 people and stayed in a very dirty small two bedroom. I had been bragging to my guest about how I liked my timeshare until I had this experience. The bathroom exhaust fan didn't work, the sheets don't fit the beds (no fitted sheets on a king size bed), the beds were very uncomfortable. The staff was not helpful and stated it would cost me $10.00 to change out towels. I've never had an experience like the one at the Fountains. It does have a nice pool, but the poolside bar doesn't stay open past 5 p.m. nor does the activities booth. Activities are deceiving - example, sweet treat night consists of buying a $4.00 dessert for a "free" coffee. What a joke. I spent big bucks flying to Florida for a family vacation and exhausted my "points" for this???

I really loved this resort

If you have more than 3 people in your group you will have to come to the Fountains in Orlando, Fl. The staff is very nice and theres alot to do for all ages.

The Best!!!!

We recently visited The Fountains during May 29-June4. We had a little trouble finding it but with a quick phone call and excellent directions from a staff member it was smooth sailing. The front entrance was as beautiful as the online pictures and the brochures we had seen. The front desk checked us in quickly and was very courteous. Upon entering our room it was absolutely marvelous. I have never seen a resort/hotel as clean and wonderfully decorated as this place. The master bedroom will just blow your mind!!! All I can say is the matress on the bed made me sleep like a baby. The nice jacuzzi tub in the corner of the room put a romantic touch to the room. The other bedroom was great as well. I couldn't believe how well supplied the kitchen and laundry room were. The activities planned throughout each day were incredible. I couldn't believe how they managed to include all age groups with something to do each day. The pool area was great and enjoyable for everyone. The future ammenities of this place are going to just amaze us even more. All in all I can only say that I'm glad I'm an owner and can't wait until our next visit.

Not what I remember...

To start, My husband and I had toured this site in 2004(it is a time share deal). What I remember being shown was very different than what we stayed in. It was a very clean and elegant suite in the original tour, but we were house in a very used and abused remnant of what once was.
Upon arrive we found a stain of some sort stretching from the livingroom to the kitchen, I'm not sure that those carpets had ever been cleaned. Then we then found that the exhaust fans in both bathrooms did not work, this was remedied within the first day but the fans they installed were so loud and I swear I cound smell burning electrical when I turned mine on. We also found the dishes and flatware were incomplete sets so we were unable to have extra people over to dine in, this was reported and not remedied. We had several 'wrong number" calls in the middle of the night with no way to block them. There were also a couple signs (emergency exit, etc) in the hallways that mysteriously disapeared off the walls.
The staff I wouldn"t say were rude but they were not helpful. The salesmen on the other hand were very rude to my husband , avoid them if you can! After this stay I have vowed not to return to The Fountains for any reason, there are plenty of other choices in town!

FOUNTAINS AT EDUCATIONAL EPCOTFOUNTAINS AT EDUCATIONAL EPCOT

The dancing fountains at the Bellagio. Marvelous.The dancing fountains at the Bellagio. Marvelous.

Alligator at GatorlandAlligator at Gatorland

Patrick as a PatawanPatrick as a Patawan

Fountains Inn

by whitepac

Hi, I'm staying at the Fountains Inn on I/Drive in a few weeks and was wondering if anybody had stayed there and how hard/easy it is to get public transport from there to all the major parks. I think the hotel is close to Sea World.
Any info would be great.
Thanks.

Re: Fountains Inn

by yvr

Go to any search engine and put in hotel reviews Fountain Inn Orlando you will find reviews from there.

Re: Fountains Inn

by USanFrancisco

Are you talking about The Fountains?

Eitherway, there is no easy location to get around by public transportation in Orlando. The best advise I could give you is to rent a car, they are cheap and Orlando is an easy city to drive.

Theme Park drinking water

by Dean&Vanessa

Hello

We will be visiting Orlando and its theme parks in April and were wondering if they have water fountains at the Parks.

Thanks

Dean & Vanessa

by MrBill

Hello Dean & Vanessa, do you mean drinking fountains or decorative water fountains?

by uk2usa

Assuming you mean drinking water, the answer is yes. Take a bottle of water with you and you can fill it up during the day from the drinking water fountains in the parks.

UK

Re: Re: Theme Park drinking water

by costyy2k

Hi.

If you mean drinking fountains then they are everywhere in the parks. Several just in the queueing areas for more popular rides! Feel free to just fill up a bottle or if you dont want to carry one then they are deffinitely frequent enough for you to stop whenever you need a drink or to cool down. You'll find in the hottest of weather some of the parks also have huge fans up blowing cool air and spraying mists of water across you....ever so refreshing!

If you do actually mean display fountains then try Disneys Epcot, especially at night time where they light up and perform to the music!

Enjoy yourself!
if you need any more help just mail me :)

by 588mama

you can also receive FREE cold water..just by asking for tap water..

Re: Re: Theme Park drinking water

by MrBill

I obviously cannot read properly. You asked about
Theme Park drinking water? Sorry to muddy the waters, so to speak.

Theme Park drinking water

by Dean&Vanessa

Hi again

Sorry I didnt make my question very clear,
I definitely meant drinking water fountains. We were worried about having to pay top dollar for bottled water at the parks.
Although the info about the other type of water fountains is also appreciated.

Thanks again

Dean & Vanessa

by orlandohelper

Yes, the theme parks have water fountains in various locations throughout the parks, usually near restrooms. The water quality is drinkable but it doesnt taste very good and its not very sanitary either since many people drink from the same water fountain. I recommend you purchase some water bottles for each family member although keep in mind that water bottles at the parks are rediculously expensive so buy them outside the park.

Best 4th of July Fireworks

by norman52

We will be Orland for July 4th, 2004. Where do they have the best fireworks display? We will be staying at HILTON GRAND VACATIONS CLUB AT SEAWORLD INTERNATIONAL CENTER.

Re: Best 4th of July Fireworks

by Everlyxana

I'm just aware of the parks fireworks display such as Disney World, but im sure theres more places that does them especially on july 4.

Re: Re: Best 4th of July Fireworks

by JOHNNY_ENGLISH

DISNEY MGM STUDIOS ENDS EACH NIGHT WITH A GREAT FIREWORKS DISPLAY AND
ALSO HAS THE BEST AFTER DARK LIVE SHOW I HAVE EVER SEEN CALLED "FANTASMIC"
WHERE MICKEY BATTLES ALL THE DISNEY BADDIES IN A SPECTACULAR LAKE SETTING
WITH CASCADING WATER FOUNTAINS,LAZAR,ANIMATIONS AND FIREWORKS AS WELL AS
A DRAMATIC MUSIC SCORE WHICH ALL ADDS TO THIS AMAZING WONDERFUL SPECTACLE.
YOU WILL ALSO FIND THE AEROSMITH ROCK AND ROLL ROLLER COASTER HERE WHICH
GOES FROM 0 TO 60 MPH IN JUST UNDER 3 SECS AND IS A REAL BUZZ AND IF THATS
NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU THEN TRY THE TWILIGHT ZONE-TOWER OF TERROR WHICH DROPS
YOU 13 STORIES IN A FLASH SO HOLD ON TIGHT.
THERE IS ALSO A VERY FUNNY 3D FILM CALLED "HONEY I SHRUNK THE KIDS" WHICH IS
WONDERFUL AND MANY OTHER THINGS TO MAKE YOUR TRIP HERE UNFORGETTABLE.
JOHN.