The Inn At Lake Lucerne

211 N. Lucerne Circle E., Orlando, Florida, 32801, United States
The Courtyard at Lake Lucerne
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

More about Orlando

Rear of hotel and waterfallRear of hotel and waterfall

Kevin in a humongous Hummer pick-up truckKevin in a humongous Hummer pick-up truck

Men In Black Alien AttackMen In Black Alien Attack

Fish & ChipsFish & Chips

Beaches Near Orlando

by lynmur

I realise we will have to travel to the beach but just wondered if anyone can recomend which beach would be best to go to? We have a toddler with us and want to let her play at the beach and paddle in the water, heard some of the waves are crashing so no use for paddling. have heard about Cocoa Beach and Treasure Island but dont have much info? Any info will be great. Thanks v much.

by GeJay

Hi,
I would head west to the beaches of the Gulf coast, they are beautiful. Try Venice or Englewood.

Gary

by shohman

As others stated, Cocoa is the closest to Orlando. It's a good beach and fine for a family. That said, I think the general consensus is that the most beautiful beaches in the State are on the gulf coast. A longer ride, but not that much longer.
As far as letting the child play in the water at Cocoa, I'd advise against it unless you are right next to them the ENTIRE time. Cocoa often has powerful rip tides. Waves are sometimes strong, sometimes calm. The beach does a pretty good job of posting conditions, but if you are in Orlando, Channel 13 has weather updates every 10 minutes and they will also give accurate conditions for the coast.

by Florida999

As some others have said : Cocoa Beach is closest. But, I want to add something to that: Jetty Park ( near where the cruise ships take off) is very nice to spend a day. They have bathrooms and showers, a campground, place to you can grill, fishing pier , store, snack bar. It's $7 to get in per car.

My personal favorite beach is Ormond beach, less crowded, nice beach, but no facilities, or St. Augustine, but that is further to drive

by toemayn

I enjoy Indian Rocks Beach near Clearwater will be there in Oct

by lynmur

Thanks everyone - really helpful.

Travel Tips for Orlando

You must go to Epcot it is...

by GeraldK

You must go to Epcot it is place where you can expierence different worlds in one place without going to that country Also Typhoon Lagoon a Water Park outside of Downtown Disney is a great place to Cool off I missed going to Universal and Mgm Studios

Lollapalooza memories

by Marinel

My first Lollapalloza was an awesome experience, here are the Band line up;

1991

Main Stage: Jane's Addiction, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Living Colour, Nine Inch Nails, Fishbone, Violent Femmes, Body Count (with Ice T), Butthole Surfers, Rollins Band Side Stage: No side stage in 1991
The fianal show was Body Count front man Ice -T and Janes Adddiction front man Perry Ferrel screaming at each other don't call me nigger you whitie and vice versa, the crowd just went wild! Music is my passion so I did not stop with the first Lollapalooza, I went to see the 3rd one as well and it was magical. The Bands;

1993

Main Stage: Primus, Alice in Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Arrested Development, Front 242, Babes in Toyland, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, Side Stage: Sebadoh, Cell, Unrest, Mercury Rev, Mosquito, Free Kitten, Royal Trux, Tsunami, Mutabaruka, The Coctails, Scrawl, Luscious Jackson, Genitorturers, Truly, Eggs, Girls Against Boys, Thurston Moore, Glue, Karl Hendrick's Trio, Hurl

Primus, Alice and Chains, Tool and Rage...wow, I was in rock n' roll heaven!!

Lower prices are why you should tip

by clark189

I am an American. Not only an American, but an American waitress. American cultural standards dictate that you tip 15-20 percent for your service when you make the conscious decision to sit down and enjoy lunch/dinner at a restaurant and have another human being take care of your every whim. Should you not receive the level of service that you expect, than yes, less than 15 percent is sometimes warranted, and I speak as I waitress who is understanding if I get too busy to make sure that everyone I'm waiting on has everything they need when they need it. Please understand, however, that not only are you, as Europeans, entering this country with a very favorable exchange rate, but the people who are taking care of you (and much better as I understand it, than the service staff in your native countries) are doing so because our entire income is dependent upon our tips. Two or three dollars an hour doesn't pay bills here, and as the consumer reaping the benefits of cheaper menu prices, as well as the benefits of service that exceeds your expectations only in the hopes of opening your wallets, you need to be more rewarding when you receive good service. Your alternative is to go to the quick service "restaurants" available at all theme parks, or eat fast food. No tipping necessary, and the service will reflect that.

In addition to this, you should know that whatever tip you leave your server has to be shared with a foodrunner, a busser, and a bartender. I tip out 4% of my sales, regardless of how well I'm tipped all day, so if I wait on nothing but British people whose parties aren't large enough to warrant me adding an automatic gratuity, it is in fact possible for me to leave work with less money than when I arrived.

Don't get me wrong...I understand that my current job is not the most practical source of income based upon the fact that the main source is dependent on the whims of individuals. I know this. I also have two Bachelor's degrees that I hope will get me somewhere, once I can find a job, but in the meantime, my source of employment is waitressing at $3 an hour, but at least at my theme park, I briefly have health insurance.

Bottom line: if you don't want to tip an appropriate amount, don't go to a sit down restaurant.

And don't forget that the main reason you encounter such great service here is because we are attempting to live off of your tips (or lack thereof).

HOT ALL DAY!!

by flipflopsandsocks

WEAR COOL CLOTHES,IT GETS,HOT,HUMID AND SUNNY!!!! BRING SUNSCREEN.Also, bring aloe gel in case of the usual burn, and your shampoo,conditioner,your soap everything you have at home that is nesscasarry. Bring some disposable cameras to snap some shots of your kids,plus if it gets lost, no biggie!! There are water parks at Walt Disney World,so bring that yellow polka dot bikini!!:)

Neat Flea Market Florida's Best pain relief

by koalagday

It was a sudden surprise to find this place. It offered a quick little free sample for your pain. I said my knee was acting up on me. The called it APR Florida's Pain Relief lotion. I got a couple bottle to share with my family. They make it right there. It was a very professional product for a swap meet environment. It looked like it belonged in a Doctors office. I said when I retire I'm going to get me a RV and sale this. Look at the Baby Boomer market, they had many excellent natural made products. Now I could enjoy Disney World and shopping.

Comments