The Metropolitan Express Orlando

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

6323 International Drive, (Formerly "Holiday Inn Express"), Orlando, Florida, 32819, United States

The Metropolitan Express
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

• Value for Money

We have enjoyed a pleasant stay in this inn. The room is big and clean. It comes with free continental breakfast and the location of the inn is great!! There's Wendy across the street that opens till 1am! Ponderosa that offers breakfast buffet for $3.99 and many more gift shops with a selection of Disney Items as souveniers... For those who plan to buy attractions tickets when you have reached Orlando, don't worry as you can get them from the hotel lobby.. there is a tourist information booth that sells these tickets... Moreover, the hotel staffs are very friendly and polite and our checkin into the hotel was smooth and fast...
    Oh yeah, there is also a laundry facility also available.... it costs $2 for each wash and dry..

Unique Quality: Outdoor pool

More about The Metropolitan Express Orlando

Had a great stay at the I-Drive Inn

We stayed at the I-Drive Inn at the start of September 2005. From the moment we arrived to the time we left, the service was excellent from the hotel staff, but especially from Toasy and her daughter Paige from the guest services desk.

The room was basic but nice. There was two beds, a table and chairs, T.V. and air conditioning. The air conditioning was noisy but we soon got used to it. We didn't have to put it on on too much as the weather was bearable. The beds were comfy, and the selection of T.V channels was good.

The decor was pretty dated in both the rooms and halls, but everything was clean and tidy. The rooms were cleaned every day and the maids were helpfull.

A free bus to three different Disney theme parks was provided but this was probably the only negative part of the trip. The buses were quite old and very unreliable. On our second day, we waited for 45 mins after the scheduled time to return from the Magic Kingdom. This would have been bad enough in the heat, but when there was torrential rain and no cover, it was really bad!

This was the first time I had been in Orlando and the hotel was a good part of my trip.

An Old Favorite

by seagoingJLW about Ramada Inns

These are very reliable.

You can join a Club Ramada and earn points for free nights and free air miles. Right now there is a "Drive Inn America" promotion.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member popeyeeee

Best hotel I've stayed in in Florida! Don't believe what people say about it being unclean etc., this hotel was perfectly fine, staff were friendly, pool was clean and it's located in an excellent place. It's basically just across from Wet 'n' Wild - no need to drive, 2 minute walk.
After my stay here, I highly recommend the I-Drive Inn, Orlando.

Never again

I was very disappointed to book my reservations at a holiday inn and get there and the hotel was gone. It was now called I-Drive Inn and they had my reservations. The staff was nice and the lobby looks nice. The buildings were very old and needed to be remodeled. The hallway carpets should have been replaced 5 years ago. The pool was closed all 3 days I was there and the vending machines were out of order. The hotel is located in a great spot. I thought the Holiday inn had a class of 3. This hotel has a class of 2 and I will never stay in less than a class 4 again.

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member bigpat8

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a week (during Hurricane Wilma), although the hotel was very cheap and had some bad reviews we had a great time. Firstly, the location was excellent, almost opposite Wet n Wild and central to all shops and restaurants. The hotel itself is OK, lobby is nice and the rooms had a fridge and micro, were clean and kept clean for the full week. Rooms were very spacious. Staff were helpful and friendly. Apart from location the best thing was the free breakfast, this was excellent with great variety of cereals, bagels, rolls, pastries, tea, coffee and juices (also nice to eat outside beside the pool). Free tea and coffee was available in lobby all day and night.
This was our ninth visit to Florida and even though this was the cheapest hotel we have stayed in we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at I Drive Inn and would have no hesitation in recommending it.

A wonderful place to stay in

We have just returned to England after having spent two wonderful weeks in The I Drive Inn. We were pleasantly surprised and cannot understand some of the previous negative comments. The bedroom was enormous with two huge double beds, a very quiet and efficient air conditioning system a safe, a fridge and microwave(we didn't use the latter) and a great view of the pool. The staff, especially the Manager, Mr Mushava, were very kind and friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was immaculate and cleaned daily. The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard daily and fresh towels were provided each day. The breakfast was very good indeed serving : bagels, toast, cakes, cereals, fresh fruit, several different juices and tea or coffee in unlimited quantity, all served in a very nice recreation room and kept filled and immaculately cleaned. There is a very good guest landry room with washing machines and tumble dryers.
We hired a vehicle, but found that the trolley bus service in front of the hotel took us to many of the places we wanted to visit. Taxis are cheap. The shopping malls are huge and the best we have been to yet. There are dozens of superb places to eat within 5 minutes walking distance.

Tip: You don't need to bring many clothes as there are the malls & outlets to buy them in ( use the trolley bus.) You don't need an iron or a hairdryer or beach towels as these are provided beside the pool. You might want to bring a few more coat hangars( but that is the only critisism).

We would like to reccomend this hotel to anyone who enjoys the Attractions, shopping and eating well. We would certainly return there.

Very good for the price

by TripAdvisor Member USFFrank

The I-Drive Inn was a very nice place for me to stay while my condo was being fumigated. Upon check in I told them about a coupon offer they had in the roomsaver guide and the nice front desk staff honered it which saved me a total of $20.00 for the two nights stay. They do impose a $2.75 per night surcharge though. My room was located towards the rear of the inn perpendicular to interstate-4 so there was traffic noise present through the window at the point where it closed. It does not seal well at all. The door to the room also lets in some hallway noise, but I brought a remedy with me for both those situations which reduced the incoming noise. The beds are fine and the bathroom looks like it was renovated within the past year. My particular room did not have a fridge or microwave but I did not need one anyway. The pool was heated which was just great for an evening swim in November. And the continental breakfast was very good as well. All in all I was very pleased with my stay here. As with most of the budget minded motels at this part of I-drive (or just about any budget minded motel for that manner) you will experience some kind of outside noise leaking in. Especially if you are a light sleeper like me and you do not use the air conditioner on the cooler nights. But if you can bring in something that you could use to seal up the edges of the doors and windows where noise comes in (and remove it easily) sleeping should not be too much of a problem here.

Good place to stay

I stayed in this hotel with my husband and three kids for two weeks. I could not find fault at all. The rooms were cleaned every day and we were served every morning with an excellent continental breakfast. The pool was clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel may need a little updating but overall it was clean and a relaxing central place to stay. I would certainly go there again.

lovely great place to stay

the staff where really nice and when you needed somthing they would sort it right away.The maids where really good and cleaned your room every day.You got a free breckfast it was nice your room was basic but nice we had a pool view the pool was really good too.Oh and how could i forget you had a laundry room but over all i would recomend this holel as a good place to stay

Comments