The Peabody Orlando

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Business Travel
See Amenities

Quiet Luxury Away from the Theme Parks

by written on August 1, 2011

This hotel was a refreshing change from the theme park hotels. It was quiet, and offered excellent service and accomodations, especially for the price.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and have.

Unique Quality: The DUCKS, the DUCKS, the DUCKS..... in the lobby.....adorable and memorable beyond belief!

Directions: Near the Orlando Convention Center

Stop, before you book it. THINK ABOUT!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 16, 2011

We took a family vacation and were very excited to stay at Peabody hotel in Orlando. At 8:35am the next morning decided to find out about breakfast, and learned that they only serve complimentary coffee 6:00am -8:30am no breakfast though. When asked room service about a toothbrush for my kid , they said there is a delivery charge for that!!! Got in the shower, got dressed to go 7 stories down to get my own hot tea and a toothbrush at the store downstairs, and was shocked again to pay $3.00 for 12oz cup of hot tea!!! This is not Starbucks people nor gourmet fresh brewed tea to be worth that much. They change the sheets every three days just to save the Earth, i guess dusting is not included either cause they did not dust the whole 6 days we stayed, no coffee maker in the room!!!! We got charged for everything and staying there was a big inconvenience. Don't know too many people that get up at 6:00am while on vacation, so we never got our complimentary coffee and bought our own water. Poor quality for the money.

Unique Quality: The Ducks and the fountain are beautiful.

Couldn't pay me to go back!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 24, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed there at the beginning of the April. The hotel was ok. Higher star rating than was deserved.

They charged fees that we were not told about until we arrived at the hotel. Between what seemed to be mandatory valet at $20.00 per night, as the parking garage was too far away to walk to and through a construction zone, and the resort fee for two bottles of water and internet access that we didn't even use at another $10.00 per night, our bill went up an unexpected $30.00 per night.

The valet WRECKED MY CAR! We didn't notice the damage until we had already left the hotel. We immediately returned to the hotel. The person who told me they were the valet manager proceeded to blame me for the damage and deny it was their fault. The hotel security came out and took statements from my boyfriend and I and sent a claim to their insurance company. The adjuster did come and take pictures and gave me a estimate of $618.00 to fix my car within two days.

Needless to say.... two weeks later I get a letter in the mail that says they "do not feel our insured can be held legally liable or negligent for your damages as a result of this incident." In other words.... you can't prove we did it so we're not going to fix it.

Like my title said... you couldn't pay us to stay here again!! After paying an extra $648.00 after fixing my car this hotel was totally worthless!

Unique Quality: NO unique qualities!!

doug48's Profile Photo

I-Drive

by written on April 25, 2007

the peabody hotel is situated across the street from the original convention center and next to the new convention center addition. this is a good business class hotel to stay at if working at the convention center. it is also close to the theme parks but because of it's convention traffic i would not recommend it to theme park tourists. it's location makes it one of the best hotels for working at the convention center.

Directions: I-Drive

loisl's Profile Photo

....not really happy

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 5, 2005

Honestly....I did expect more from this Hotel (225$/night for a standard room)
The whole Hotel locks a bit "used", it would need a renovation, soon.
And my most important complaint is about the allmost never working wireless internet access - today a must for a business traveller.
They do not offer a fast wired internet connection, except at the Business center for 0,69 $/minute - not a serious alternative.

Unique Quality: Locationwise if you attend a conference at the Orange County Convention Center it's great to stay at the Peabody, it's just a few minutes walk.

The show with the ducks is really cute, they come in at 11am and leave the fontain in the lobby at 5pm.

Directions: Near convention center

Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

My pick (convention - high budget)

by written on May 25, 2004

I guess there is not too much question about this. The Peabody is the best spot to stay if you attend a convention at the Orlando Convention Center. It's just across the street and it's a very nice luxury classy hotel. If your company pays for it, pick this one....

Unique Quality: Location, location, location...

Kay_C's Profile Photo

The Peabody Hotel

by written on August 25, 2002

$200-$300 US

Unique Quality: Upscale hotel well-known for the mallard ducks that live in the hotel and swim in the fountain in the lobby.

Nearby The Peabody Orlando

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews