The Peabody Orlando

Hyatt Regency Orlando
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Quiet Luxury Away from the Theme Parks

This hotel was a refreshing change from the theme park hotels. It was quiet, and offered excellent service and accomodations, especially for the price.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and have.

Unique Quality: The DUCKS, the DUCKS, the DUCKS..... in the lobby.....adorable and memorable beyond belief!

Directions: Near the Orlando Convention Center

• Stop, before you book it. THINK ABOUT!

We took a family vacation and were very excited to stay at Peabody hotel in Orlando. At 8:35am the next morning decided to find out about breakfast, and learned that they only serve complimentary coffee 6:00am -8:30am no breakfast though. When asked room service about a toothbrush for my kid , they said there is a delivery charge for that!!! Got in the shower, got dressed to go 7 stories down to get my own hot tea and a toothbrush at the store downstairs, and was shocked again to pay $3.00 for 12oz cup of hot tea!!! This is not Starbucks people nor gourmet fresh brewed tea to be worth that much. They change the sheets every three days just to save the Earth, i guess dusting is not included either cause they did not dust the whole 6 days we stayed, no coffee maker in the room!!!! We got charged for everything and staying there was a big inconvenience. Don't know too many people that get up at 6:00am while on vacation, so we never got our complimentary coffee and bought our own water. Poor quality for the money.

Unique Quality: The Ducks and the fountain are beautiful.

• Couldn't pay me to go back!!

My boyfriend and I stayed there at the beginning of the April. The hotel was ok. Higher star rating than was deserved.

They charged fees that we were not told about until we arrived at the hotel. Between what seemed to be mandatory valet at $20.00 per night, as the parking garage was too far away to walk to and through a construction zone, and the resort fee for two bottles of water and internet access that we didn't even use at another $10.00 per night, our bill went up an unexpected $30.00 per night.

The valet WRECKED MY CAR! We didn't notice the damage until we had already left the hotel. We immediately returned to the hotel. The person who told me they were the valet manager proceeded to blame me for the damage and deny it was their fault. The hotel security came out and took statements from my boyfriend and I and sent a claim to their insurance company. The adjuster did come and take pictures and gave me a estimate of $618.00 to fix my car within two days.

Needless to say.... two weeks later I get a letter in the mail that says they "do not feel our insured can be held legally liable or negligent for your damages as a result of this incident." In other words.... you can't prove we did it so we're not going to fix it.

Like my title said... you couldn't pay us to stay here again!! After paying an extra $648.00 after fixing my car this hotel was totally worthless!

Unique Quality: NO unique qualities!!

• doug48's Profile Photo

I-Drive

the peabody hotel is situated across the street from the original convention center and next to the new convention center addition. this is a good business class hotel to stay at if working at the convention center. it is also close to the theme parks but because of it's convention traffic i would not recommend it to theme park tourists. it's location makes it one of the best hotels for working at the convention center.

Directions: I-Drive

• loisl's Profile Photo

....not really happy

Honestly....I did expect more from this Hotel (225$/night for a standard room)
    The whole Hotel locks a bit "used", it would need a renovation, soon.
    And my most important complaint is about the allmost never working wireless internet access - today a must for a business traveller.
    They do not offer a fast wired internet connection, except at the Business center for 0,69 $/minute - not a serious alternative.

Unique Quality: Locationwise if you attend a conference at the Orange County Convention Center it's great to stay at the Peabody, it's just a few minutes walk.

The show with the ducks is really cute, they come in at 11am and leave the fontain in the lobby at 5pm.

Directions: Near convention center

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

My pick (convention - high budget)

I guess there is not too much question about this. The Peabody is the best spot to stay if you attend a convention at the Orlando Convention Center. It's just across the street and it's a very nice luxury classy hotel. If your company pays for it, pick this one....

Unique Quality: Location, location, location...

• Kay_C's Profile Photo

The Peabody Hotel

$200-$300 US

Unique Quality: Upscale hotel well-known for the mallard ducks that live in the hotel and swim in the fountain in the lobby.

More about The Peabody Orlando

-Top Notch - The Peabody, orlando

My wife, two teenagers and I stayed @ The Peabody for two weeks in July 2004.

The hotel was excellent with good service and very courteous and helpful staff. One a number of occasions we have queries/problems with mobile charger/ hair straightener power - no problem to the team @ The Peabody.The rooms were well equipped, very clean and well maintained furniture/furnishings.

The Ducks were... well "entertaining" and caused quite a lot of excitement particularly in the afternoons.

We would strongly recommend The Peabody - or put it another way. "Yes, we would definitely stay there again" - without a doubt.

Don't think about it - BOOK IT - you won't regret your choice !!!

the peabody is great

We have been to many orlando hotels over the past 10 years or so
and the Peabody orlando has definatley been the best.

We have stayed at most of the top end disney hotels and still class
the peabody tops,we had a club room for two weeks last christmas
the rooms and view were excellent the beds are huge and so comfortable.with the Club rooms you also get complimentary breakfast and evening snacks (Coffee cakes etc) which is taken with spectacular views on the 26th floor.
The duck parade is also excellent always on time five little ducks following their leader.
The staff are excellent and the restaurants are very good expecially the italian one where we had christmas brunch last year every type of food you could imagine for christmas and more including as much champagne as you wanted.
This hotel is luxurious and we shall be returning again this christmas.we definatley reccomend it.

Good Deal

We got a good rate on Priceline for a weekend stay at the Peabody Orlando ($90/night including extra services fee which included bottled water, I-Drive Trolley passes, and high-speed internet). The hotel is very nice, the room was clean and the beds extremely comfortable. I would love to have one in my home. It was also pretty quiet for the most part (except when some extremely loud intoxicated people decided to fill up what seemed like a cooler at the ice machine near our room in the middle of the night). The valet parking was a little steep to me ($14/day), but there is self-parking available on the premisis. Overall a good value for what we paid.

Comfy beds and large rooms

by TripAdvisor Member jenny5000

I only stayed one night because I was in town for a convention. It is a very nice hotel with very large rooms with very comfortable beds with feather pillows. The only thing that could have been better was the bathtub--it looked dirty, but I think that it's stained and very old.

Room service was very expensive, but that is what you get when you stay at a hotel like this.

I would not stay here again because I'm sure that you can get a better value for your money elsewhere that includes at least continental breakfast.

Comments