4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Booking.com Official Hotel Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• A Beautiful Boutique hotel near Universal

Nice, warm greeting at the Front Desk, with comfortable accommodations. We chose the 1-Bedroom suite, but we could have added on the "Studio" and made it a 2-Bedroom. Nice promotion going on now with Free Breakfast.

Very handy shuttle to the theme parks, plus tasty snacks at the Cabana Bar, by the pool.

And it's handy to all the fun on International Drive and the Convention Center. I'd recommend it for families or anyone attending a convention. And it's #5 (currently) on TripAdvisor.

Unique Quality: Poolside bar & grill. You can actually see Universal from your room, if you're on the right side of the hotel.

Directions: On Universal Blvd, at Carrier Drive. Across the street from Wet 'n Wild, walking distance to Pirates Dinner Adventure.

More about The Point Orlando Resort

Shop, shop shop

by VickiJ about Malls

Orlando has many places to shop, whether it be Pointe Orlando Outlets, Mall of Millenia, or Belz Mall. All of them have many great things to buy!
My favourite place was Pointe Orlando....for the reason it was opposite our hotel (not too far to carry the bags) and had many stores to spend your hard earned cash!

Outlet Shopping

by Jim&Ivy_Garland

Orlando Prime, Orlando Premium Outlets, and Pointe Orlando are the major locales for brand name shopping. The I-Ride trolley drops off at each location. Values are hard to find, but quite pleasing when found.
The Mercado was desolate; don't waste your time.

POINTE ORLANDO

by zuriga

Pointe Orlando is the best shopping along International Drive. The FAO Schwarz - with Raggedy Ann sitting outside the door - is a must for anyone with kids or grandchildren. I spent over an hour looking around in amazement. There's also a movie complex here and great hot dogs at Johnny Rocket's.

Adventure Golf on I-Drive

by Samscalling

Adventure golf is alot of fun & a great way to start/end an evening on I-Drive.

We went to Pirates Cove which is up near Pointe Orlando - but there's quite a few different places dotted down I-Drive.

Can get quite busy, but so can everything in Orlando! Good fun though - but watch our for the water...I lost quite a few balls in there, much to the horror of my boyfriend who had to keep getting new ones for me, lol.

You can't wish for anything better...

by TripAdvisor Member SH_ISHNY

Our stay at the Point Orlando was just wonderful. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room was fully equipped with the top of the line appliances, tv... I loved the idea that the beds had regular plush comforters. The bathroom was nice and roomy with some delicious smelling soaps, shampoos, and conditioners.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It featured a full kitchen, which was great since we brought along our own food. Plenty of room in the full fridge and freezer. The living room had a comfortable couch with a table and 4 chairs that we used to eat our meals. What really made our room look neat was the fact that it had 2 closets specifically made to place our luggage.

The pool area was very clean and there was pleasant music playing on the speaker. It had a men's and ladies room - so no need to run up to the room. There were also a vending machines. The pool itself was refreshing and delicious. The temperature was perfect. We went at night and the outside temperature was quite cool - (we had to wear sweatshirts on top of our shirts) But inside the pool it was heavenly. The spa was also set at a perfect temperature.

All in all our stay was really beautiful. I have recommended it to many friends, some of which had the opportunity to stay there and have already recommended it to their friends. I would most definitely go back there again. Although I didn't come with my kids, I would consider staying there with my kids, as the room was very roomy and all the great things that were mentioned above.

Wonderful resort and pool.

by TripAdvisor Member jkelsh

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. When you unlock the door to your room, there are two separate doors side by side. One door brings you to the one bedroom that also has a mini kitchen, it's own living room, and a bathroom. The 2nd door leads to the master suite that has a full kitchen, living room (couch pulls out to bed), dining room table. There are granite countertops and it is very nice and well maintained. The pool is beautiful. I had read the reviews prior to booking and was a little worried about the pool. Well, no worries. The pool is nice and the sun does indeed shine even though the building is tall. I would highly recommend this resort.

Great Hotel/Trust me

by TripAdvisor Member Boyden

This is terrific all suite hotel ( one or two bedroom ) with all the ammenities of a condo unit. Full kitchen, living room, dinning area, very large bathroom with walk in shower with jetted tub, washer/dryer, flat screen HD tvs, etc. We had a executive one bedroon suite. Located just off International Blvd. where it's all happening. Everything is new which helps and the staff was pleasant and everything was great. Great heated pool with lounge chairs and tables. They are in the process of opening a restaurant and lounge which is supposed to be opening in a few months. This hotel is a Premier hotel that was priced much lower that some of the other so called luxury/upscale chain hotels in the Orlando area. My wife & I were in the travel agency business and have traveled and stayed in many hotels. This is a GREAT HOTEL. Why pay for a room when you can get a apartment for less money.

Terrible!

by TripAdvisor Member tenabell

This hotel has very nice rooms i will give it that but the service was TERRIBLE..The room was not cleaned one time the whole 4 days we were there. did not leave coffee,did not change the trash.The pull out bed smelled like urine and we had to have them bring us a new mattress for it .We had to call the front desk for towels and other things the hotel should have stocked.The room had no towels ,wash rags,or anything in it when we got there..We asked for A room next to our family when we made ther reservation and when we got there it did not happen.It had no breakfast af any kind,if you wanted breakfast you had to go out to eat.It had internet but it was not wireless it was cable and we had to call front desk to get a cable.The only wireless they had was at the pool area.So if you wanted wireless you had to go to the pool area with your Laptop and risk getting it wet.When we arrived they offered no assistance with our luggage.I had to find a cart and they only had one cart for us to use.I could go on and on about the terrible service we experienced at this hotel..Bottom line is there is no servece at all.Nothing.It should at least have housekeeping and yet we diddn't.Will not recommend to anyone and will never stay here again.

Excellent, Excellent, and Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member Stonelinks

My husband and I recently stayed at The Point for a week. We were immediately upgraded from a jr. suite to an executive suite at check-in without requesting it. It was home away from home -- full kitchen w/brand new appliances, washer/dryer, marble countertops, ceiling fans, flat-screen tv's, spacious, etc. You name it....This was the "cleanest" room I have ever been in and I travel a week out of each month on my job. The location is great and we never heard a sound from nextdoor guests. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to our family and friends.

Hopefully helpful hints on Orlando

by clanlamond

"Checking Things Out"

I-Drive or International Drive and the surrounding area have so many things to do, great places to eat and stay that you don't actually have to go to a theme park to have a good time.

Race Rock and Cafe TuTu Tango are nice places to eat. There's also a couple of mini golf places, Wonder Works, and Point Orlando to visit. However, the FAO Schwartz in Point Orlando is closed and that was one of this outdoor mall's retail anchors. My kids were really bummed about that. Unless you are really desperate, don't bother with Ripley's Believe It or Not. It is a waste of money in my opinion. I haven't heard anything about the Titanic Vault that is on display at the Mercado Shops. I guess you have to have an interest to make it worth while for you.

A short distance away from there is Irlo Bronson Highway or Highway 192. Old Towne with shopping and midway style rides is a short way from exit 64A off of I-4. On Saturday nights they have a classic car cruise. It used to be hosted by Wolfe Man Jack and if you remember his radio show, he used to broadcast from there. They've kept on the tradition since he passed away and it's still a fun place to see a car you used to own or your dream ride. Admission and parking (if you can find it) are free.

"Disney Village: Fun and Free"

Disney used to have a village and now it's a whole town. One end as very Disney themed shopping with a few fun things for the kids to do like a little train, water fountains that you can play in, and a Legoland Store and play ground. Near Christmas, Santa stops in and believe me this is a Disney Santa. No fake beard here. There are some interesting themed restaurants though none are modestly priced expect the McDonald's. Still, it's worth going to the Rainforest Cafe or Planet Hollywood at least once if you've never been to one.

Smack in the middle of the "village" is Pleasure Island. During the day the clubs and restaurants are all closed here and you can walk through it. At night however you must pay admission and it's not for young children. At the other end you find even more shops but these are more for grown up interests like the Virgin Mega Store and NBA Store. Wolfgang Puck and Gloria Estefan have restaurents at this end as well as the House of Blues, Circ D'Solei, and Disney Quest, a very expensive giant acade for kids and parents alike.
The easiest was to get there is to take I-4 to 535 and follow the Disney signs. Parking and admission are free!

"Universal City Walk Will Cost You"

The one thing about City Walk that bugs me is that you park in the same parking gargage as people going to the parks so you have to pay the parking fee. Some of the restaurants will validate your parking some of the time so you get reimbursed but how this all works was very confusing to us. Maybe someone else here knows.

I wasn't all that impressed with the stuff they had here. If you want to pay a lot to see a movie or eat at an expensive restaurant I guess it's great. Not much in the way of shopping but there are clubs that open in the evening so there's dancing and drinking. (So ixnay on the kidsbay) Jimmy Buffet and Emeril have places here and in the winter there is ice skating in the plaza. The Hard Rock Cafe, Hotel, and it's concert venue are here as well but how exactly you get over to it I'm not sure since I haven't been since it expanded.

Pointe OrlandoPointe Orlando

Pointe Orlando Shopping CentrePointe Orlando Shopping Centre

Elephants at Busch Gardens AfricaElephants at Busch Gardens Africa

Sebastian and Patrick on a roller coasterSebastian and Patrick on a roller coaster

Pointe Orlando

HI

Does anyone know if the redevelopement at Pointe Orlando is completed?

Thanks

Vick (",)

RE: Pointe Orlando

Hi,

I am going out on saturday staying at the Quality Inn Plaza if I can get near a pc hopefully i'll let you know sometime on sunday if the redevelopement has been completed or not.
But hope so because there is a good bar there!! :-)

Woody

Hi,

Thanks woody!
Hope you have a good time!

Vick (",)

Hi Vicki,

Having great time well trying to the weathers letting us down a bit!!! :-(

But they are still working redeveloping pointe orlando, they've changed the way you get in to the place and put a huge italian resturant at the front, all the shops are still open and cinema, but only the mexican bar was open when we went up there the other day, hooters, the bars opposite and nightclubs weren't open. And there building some more buildings whether there gonna be shops or wot i don't know.

Hoping the weather gets better!!!

Woody :-)

Hey Woody,

Thanks for your response, i really appreciate it.

I am gutted that the weather isn't that great for you...hope the sun comes out soon!

Vick

Howl at the Moon and Sloppy Joes

by lele100

Hi, I was wondering if Howl at the Moon and Sloppy Joes are still located in Church Hill Station. Previously another member mentioned that Church Hill Station closed down. Does that mean that those to places closed down to or did they relocate?

Thanks

RE: Howl at the Moon and Sloppy Joes

by lizzyc

church st station has now closed i dont think these places have been relocated

RE: RE: Howl at the Moon and Sloppy Joes

by mistymac

Howl at the moon is now located on International Drive halfway between Sandlake Road and Pointe Orlando on the same side of the road as Pointe Orlando.

JEWELLERY

by pj2904

Off to orlando soon been there before but couldnt find a decent jewellery shop as im looking to buy a ring could someone please advise thanks

by UKDaisy

As far as I can remember, you won't find any jewellery stores along International Drive or at either Outlet Centres. There are a few jewellery stores in the Mall At Millenia, including Tiffany & Co.

www.mallatmillenia.com

by Priddles

Go to the larger shopping malls,Florida mall out towards Orlando airport on Sand Lake Road.
Daughter bought an engagement ring few years back,took it back 2 years later to have it enlarged.they changed it for free.
Bryn

by IloveFL

A decent jewellry shop in pointe orlando but all depends what your looking to spend?
My mate had a good look for rings himself but found them rather expensive!!

Comments