The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes

Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes
Travelocity Orbitz.com Hotels.com

Costs 47% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about The Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes

It's very Elegant and Memorable! WOW,WOW, WOW!!!

by TripAdvisor Member RitzCarltonMichigan

From check in to check out all I could say was WOW!! The service and facilities were spectacular. I was traveling with my brother and best friend and they were also pleasantly surprised. The club level floor was worth every penny! The five food and beverage presentations were incredible and the entire staff from the Club Concierge to the Valet were great. The rooms were spacious and inviting, the bathroom was huge and the rooms had that brand new car smell if you know what I mean. The spa was fabulous! After my massage treatment I was floating on cloud nine. I'm from Detroit, Michigan and the weather there is cold in late November. Waking up to 85 degrees and sunshine was fantastic! Also, the view from our club-level room was breathtaking. I can't say enough positive things about this particular Ritz Carlton. I was so impressed with the property, it's pool, and club level. I've considered cancelling my trip to California in the spring and returning to the Ritz Carlton-Orlando Grande Lakes. If you're in Orlando and not staying at this wonderful property, you've made a great mistake. We made reservations for the horse drawn carriage ride and it was also worth every penny! The memories from this entire trip was remarkable. Thanks to Ritz Carlton staff we had a great time and we're still talking about it. We will definitely spread the word to all of our friends, relatives and colleagues. A special thanks to Debbie Howard, Corporate Guest Relations Manager, Ritz Carlton Chevy Chase, Maryland and Mr. Brian Gullbrants, (GM) Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes for ensuring a diamond like vacation! I can't thank you both enough!

SUPERB, SUPERB HOTEL!!

by TripAdvisor Member msmith720

My sister and I planned a get-away weekend from November 19 to 22, 2004, an off-week before Thanksgiving. We decided to stay at the new Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes, hearing so many good things about it. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in this superb property and had the BEST time!! It is an amazing hotel with beautiful grounds, lovely pools, a wonderful spa and excellent service by personnel aiming to please without being snooty. The food at the hotel was also excellent, as was Primo at the JW Marriott next door. I have traveled quite a bit all over the world and have stayed at the Walt Disney deluxe resorts, including the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge, but this is the absolute best in Orlando for me. I will be returning for a repeat visit. Also, the gentleman on duty at the front desk when we arrived late that evening was so nice, he even upgraded us to a wonderful lakeview-golfview suite, which was just heavenly!! It was my birthday that weekend and they even had a special chocolate presentation in the newer suite when we arrived upstairs. How they managed that so fast is still a mystery to me! Stay here, you will love it. Marianne

Experience Afternoon Tea

by gv_Orlando

If you have never sat down to afternoon tea, you have got to try it while you are visiting Orlando. A lot of guys thinks it's a girly thing to do, but every guy I have seen at afternoon tea was thoroughly enjoying himself. The way afternoon tea is done here, you will be full by the end, and you won't be able to eat again for at least 6 hours!

The two best places to experience afternoon tea in Orlando is at the Walt Disney World Grand Floridian Resort's Garden View Lounge (407 WDW DINE) and the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes.

Both locations offer a menu with different options. The typical package that most people choose runs about $14 a person. The deluxe packages, which are priced a little bit more, include a glass of champagne or port with your tea. Along with your very own pot of tea (you select from the huge list of flavors), you receive a variety of tea sandwiches, scones with devonshire cream, tarts, and a dessert like English Trifle. On the side we like to also order a cheese and fruit plate and an extra side of the scones (they are delicious!).

great spa!

by TripAdvisor Member Vixen

Stayed at the Ritz Carlton for 5 nights at the end of Sept/early Oct 2004 and had a lovely time..... The pool and surroundings nice. Make sure you get a room with a view of the pool - not sure what it would have been like with a balcony overlooking the carparks.... The spa was manificent. Service was okay but not brilliant.

This resort lives up to everything the Ritz stands for and more.

This resort lives up to everything the Ritz stands for and more. The property was beautiful; the staff went the extra mile and the service was absolutely perfect, truly second to none. Being from Miami, Orlando is a regular destination for us and out of the countless properties in the central Florida area, this is by far the cream of the crop. Our stay was amazing and the packages were ideal for what ever your celebration or occasion might be. If you have a special occasion speak to someone from guest relations and they will take care of everything for you. Paying extra for the stay is very much a bargain considering what they can offer. I can only say the best things about this location and will always come back. I recommend it above anything else in Orlando.

Lovely place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member etalk

This Ritz Carlton is absolutely beautiful. It has a large campus, beautifully landscaped grounds and golf course. My personal favorites are the afternoon tea service near the lobby lounge and the spa! The spa facilities are very nice with a 4,000 sq. ft. heated lap pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room, tranquility room, sitting area on an open balcony looking out over the spa pool and golf course. The staff have always been kind and helpful. I'm looking forward to their upcoming New Year's Eve party!
There is also a large pool outside of the spa, a walking path that follows along a river with several sitting areas to stop and relax. The resort is right next door to the JW Marriott, so there is even more of a variety in restaurant selection.
Oh, I do recommend the smoothies from the spa cafe!

Fantastic in every respect

I stayed for 8 days last month and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this first class hotel. The staff to a man are simply the best, they will go the extra mile to give you outstanding service. If you go stay at Club Level it is well worth the small extra expense.

I didn't have a bad meal, the Caesar Salad with blackened chicken is to die for. Front of house are perfect, helpful not snobbish, efficient and just a joy.

The housekeeping is immaculate in rooms that simply shine.

Having stayed at several Ritz I can honestly say that this is the best so far, and a return is already on the cards.

beautiful resort

by TripAdvisor Member Howard

It is December 26th 2004 and my family of four (daughter 8, son 7) just returned from a week at this beautiful facility. We did Disney for 3 days and relaxed at the resort another 3 days. We are not golfers but the grounds here (500 acres) are gorgeous. The interior details of the resort are outstanding as well. The service was excellent except for a few staffers who didnt seem as well trained. The room was beautiful and the pool is amazing. The ritz is connected to the JW Marriott which is also incredible. I have never seen an amazing Marriott but the new JW distinction is a new statement. The food their is great (Primo and Citron) and the service was actually better than at the ritz. We were their the week before the holidays and the resort was dead. The walk between the hotels takes about 10 minutes and is all indoors except for 50 yards of covered walkway. The kids loved the wide open run. The fitness room is excellent with Life Fitness weights and the Precor 526 cross trainers. The workout room was free and the spa/shower area was 15 bucks extra. The massage we had was poor and the mens grooming area was actually out of gel and hairspray. I did write to the manager. The spa itself is gorgeous and very well done. I would try it again when we go back. We feel that because that was a slow weak, their top service providers were not their. This shouldn't be but I am telling it straight and giving them the benefit of the doubt. Disney was an easy 15 min car ride, rented a caddy for $300 for the week. They had a ritz kids camp which we did twice from 4-10 pm. The kids loved it, the staff their were very friendly, my kids were the only ones attending. Overall the staff was very accommodating and professional, the concierge was also very helpful. We will stay again, I would recommend it as a great classy alternative to staying on disney grounds. It gave us classy surroundings, great food and wine, time for us and a safe fun camp for the kids.

Perfect for off-Disney Luxury

by TripAdvisor Member Trip123abc

If you want to go to Disneyworld but don't want to stay in the park, this is a luxurious alternative. The hotel is beautiful, modern and large enough that you never feel crowded in common areas or outside at the pool. Very nice rooms, not huge but decent size. The hotel is 5 minute drive to Seaworld which was great. Drive to Disney (to the lot) was a little long - about 15-20 minutes - but not terrible. Had a wonderful meal at Norman's restaurant in the hotel and we'd highly, highly recommend. Daily buffet breakfast at Vineyard Grill was also very good. Overall this is a fantastic resort hotel that lives up to the hype.

It was okay

Stayed there a few months ago. It wasn't a bad hotel. The on costs were expensive and there were some teething problems like no water to our section because of some plumbing problems which were rectified the next day with apologies, and impossible to get a kettle to boil water for making the baby's milk (they brought you hot water if you wanted, but charged several dollars for it). As far as five star hotels go, it wasn't the best service or rooms, but nice surroundings.

Ritz-Carlton OrlandoRitz-Carlton Orlando

On Disney's Jungle CruiseOn Disney's Jungle Cruise

Character MugsCharacter Mugs

Mummy RideMummy Ride

Orlando Fl visit

by Swathivk

Hi all,

My husband and myself planned a trip to Orlando for a weekend. We didnt know that 2 days will not be suficient. Anyways Can you guide me what to cover in these days (or rather what are the attraction points to be covered in these 2 days)and do we need to buy any tickets at the attraction points and how much it will be? Please reply me back ASAP

by klmousseau

Hello, it depends if you want to go to any of the theme parks or not. you can get tickets online in advance, at most hotel lobbies, or just at the gate.
Disney World (4 parks), Universal Studios (2 parks), Sea World. Smaller parks are Wet N' Wild, Gatorland, Holyland, Wonderworks, etc.
I just did Universal Studios (both parks) last week. NO line was more than 10minutes! However, if you are going this or next weekend, lines will be longer b.c of school break. I also did Disney Magic Kingdon and Animal Kingdom in 2 days a few weekends ago, the lines weren't too bad - i highly suggest going as soon as the park opens in the morning and doing the biggest rides. Most people arrive at the parks around lunch time. In Disney you can get fast passes for free, one ride at a time. Don't buy the Universal fast pass, not worth the added cost.
Gatorland is fun if you like animals and alligators, 2-4 hours. What you do also depends on if you have a rental car or not. We went to Kennedy Space Center for a day too. It's just under an hours drive from Orlando each way.
Check the weather report before you leave home! it was windy and cold when we were there; so check to see if you need to bring pants or shorts - or a rain jacket!
If you have any more questions about the parks or attractions or restaurants I'd be happy to help. We went to a great Greek Resaurant "OPA" in the "Point" shopping area on International Drive. Good food and entertainment - better than any of the dinner shows which are overpriced for the quality of food you get. Then go to the BB King Jazz club for live music every night! theres a $5 cover, but it's worth it! we spent a whole evening there! BB's also serves food, Southern BBQ fare.

by Swathivk

Hey thanks and I would like to plan my 2 days say what and all I can visit in the daylight say before 6PM and places which can be visited after 6 PM so that I can rush.

by Faiza-Ifrah

how about buying park hopper tickets to WDW? you will be able to hop in hop out of 3 parks in the day time i.e. before 6 pm - magic, animal, disney-mgm and hop in epcot centre every evening.

just compare the prices of hopper ticket against normal tickets for the parks.

i recommend animal kingdom, disney-mgm and epcot centre.

by klmousseau

Well, if you do either Disney or Universal, then you can visit Universal City Walk (located in between parking garages and the parks) or Downtown Disney (on disney property, free parking).

Comments