One North Jacaranda, Orlando, Florida, 32836-6699, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Lynsey-Jane's Profile Photo

Home From Home

As an alternative to Orlando's many hotels, the villas on offer make an excellent base for an Orlando holiday.

Unique Quality: Orlando villas are a home away from home. You can return from a tiring day in the park to a relaxing evening in the villa.
    Many of the villas have a private pool.

Directions: There are various locations within the Orlando area.

More about The Villas of Grand Cypress

Great place. i highly reccommend

by TripAdvisor Member KYbridge

We stayed here from Sat - Sat in Aug. It is close to the theme parks, be sure and ask for directions to Disney because they have a better way than the guide books. We used the big pool at the Hyatt next door one day, but none of the other amenities. There are no laundry facilities on the premises, unless you rent a bigger villa, but other than that everything was great. The staffed greeted us by name on arrival. everything was ready. The staff was very helpful. The kids loved the nightly candy we received. watch for the raccoon near the pool, he seems to hang out there. The room was spacious and the villas were convenient to everything Disney.

dissapointed

by TripAdvisor Member duct

upon check in we were shown to our villa with broken air conditioning
we were the shown another one that had a combination smell of mildew
and cigarette smoke, management that day was totally unresponsive
to our concerns, we finally settled on a villa that did not smell, the ac worked but the kitchen was from the 1970"s, also there were loose
electrical outlets, upstairs bath had the vent from ceiling hanging from 1
screw, i expected luxury , not a place that needs total renovation, it appears that they only care about the golf course and their club which
i will say is maintained, also there transportation to the sister hyatt resort
came very quickly, going to the parks with their complimentary shuttle
is torture, the shuttle only runs certain times of the day and when you
are picked up from one of the parks you must stay on the van for
it to stop at every other park, in other words what should be a 15 minute
ride turns into a 11/2 hour ordeal, to sum it all up if this resort wants to
advertise luxury they need to do major renovations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Stay at the Villas. Unbiased!

Our stay was literally pricesless! This is THE best hotel I have ever stayed at. I dont know what the JW Marriott is like so I cant comment on it, but I would definitely say this is the best place to stay at in Orlando. It should be ranked #1! When you 1st arrive you are greeted at the gate and check your name for your reservations. You then drive down to the Guest check-in where you are again greeted by practically the whole staff by your last name!!! Talk about hospitality! You are then showed to your room and WOW!! I stayed in the one-bedroom villa for 3 days. The room is speechless. Lake view and golf course view, dining room, KITCHEN! and (small)laundry room, bathroom w/ jacuzzi tub!, living room w/fireplace, and a master bedroom with a retreat area. The patio is nothing short of amazing either. There is a small table for 4 outside and then stairs that lead to the extended patio where you will find two chase lounges. In short, I would definitely recommend this place and I plan on returning to Orlando only for the hotel.

Worth every single penny!

WOW...WOW...WOW...Did i mention wow? My wife and I stayed in a one-bedroom villa for a week from Aug 14 to Aug 21. This is the PERFECT place to go for a honeymoon.

We were going to the theme parks and had done tons of research on staying at a Disney resort. Let me tell you, if you are going to Disney with no children....this is the place to go. After the hustle and bustle of the theme parks, you come back to this wonderful place in the middle of it all and you are in a completely private, QUIET, wonderful place.

And now the details:
1. You need to make sure you get really good directions to this place. I will admit that it is not clearly marked. all i will say is that you turn by the 7-11..make a left when you see the 7-11. Just keep that in you mind and you'll be ok once you are on the main road.

2. the staff is out of this world wonderful. My only complaint was the maid service. My wife and I slept in most days (hey it's our honeymoon :)...and that caused a problem with maid service. they eventually got the point to come in the afternoon by our third day there so after that everything was fine.

3. You can't beat the travel distance to the parks. There is no need to take their shuttle! Drive yourself right onto the thruway and it's the first exit to get to Disney...it's a 10 minute drive tops! And then you are right into the Disney area and you follow the wonderful signs into the various parts of Disney. Universal is two exits north...again very very easy.

4. I am not a great golfer but i swing a club every now and then. Needless to say, these courses were way to hard for me and i did not have clubs with me. Well they have a GREAT driving range at the Villas and you can use it for free...they even give you TOP OF THE LINE rental clubs. I'm hitting Big Bertha's one day and Taylor Made the next. Wonderful!

5. The Villa itself is to die for. The pictures on their Website and on other people's reviews are RIGHT ON. tons of room. the only concern i have is that the club suite is in the same building as the one-bedroom villas. So don't think when you get a club suite or one-bedroom villa that you ahve your own building. While we have no problems with our neighbors, i might if there were little ones next door. But really this is not a reason not to come here. You are going to have less kiddies here then you are at a disney resort.

6. We never went to the Hyatt Pool b/c there was no reason to....the Villa pool is WONDERFUL. I have never been to a resort pool that is so dead...which is great cuz then you are not bumping into people. The only complaint we had with the pool was that they don't allow you to bring your own drinks into the pool area and the temperature in the pool was very hot...but it was 105 during the afternoon so i don't know if they can control that or not.

7. The Villas is really nicely located, and not just b/c it is located right next to Disney. there is a 7-11 right up the corner and a grocery store right down the block. There are several regular non-fancy restaurants around the main road that the Villas is off of as well which is nice if you want a regular meal.

8. Lastly, a word on the weather which i know doesn't go with a hotel review but what the hey. We went in the middle of August. it was really really hot. Plus, it gets cloudy everyday around 3pm. I talked to the pool guy about this and he said that it rains somewhere in Orlando everyday. But that doesn't mean it will rain by YOU everyday. Just keep that in mind when you are planning your activities b/c we went to Typhoon Lagoon one day, there was a 20% chance of rain in the area, and the park was closed for like 2 hours. The parks don't mess around with the lightning threats around there so try to go to the parks, especially outdoor parks like the water parks, the day the forecast says there is the slightest chance of rain.

Can you say absolutely amazing?

This hotel was absolutely breathtaking. I've read some reviews about it being too far from the main drag of town, bit it couldn't have been anymore than 5 minutes off of the main road. Everything about this resort is lush and beautiful. They even made a cake for my husband's birthday and sent it via room-service! It made me feel rich and important just to be able to stay the 3 days that we did. Anyone that doesn't recommend this hotel has truly lost their mind. We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa that was amazing. The jacuzzi tub was huge, and the full kitchen had enough amenties to keep anyone happy for a while. The laks surrounding our room was so beatiful with big koi fish and turtles swimming around. I thought I would dislike being on the golf course, but the landscaping that the course provided was unparalled to anyplace I have ever seen.
I'd love to stay here again when I manage to save up the money.

Could I stay forever?

by TripAdvisor Member Ebenezer

Wow, so we were 5 minutes away from the hub-bub, we loved this place. The Villas were nicer by far than most homes I have stayed or been in. Very modern with every convenience. My husband was at a meeting so I drove myself shopping, stopped at Gordans, a supermarket, (about 5 minutes away, and bought myself supper). Enjoyed eating at the formal dining room table, or course I could have eaten my meal outside on one of my 3 decks. Walked to the pool and whirlpool, where I was all alone in this beautiful place. Bring a book and a bottle of wine, you are close to heaven. Ebenezer

The BEST customer service Ever! Villa's OK.....

by TripAdvisor Member jaknix

We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa in block 5 for 7 days from the 18th of Dec - 25th of Dec. The service from every employee we saw throughout this resort is like nothing you have ever seen. They truly care to make your every request met with a big smile on their face! We even mailed our Christmas presents ahead of time and they were there waiting for us when we checked in at 1:00am. They do not offer shuttle from the airport so you can either take a taxi which half our party did due to our plane being delayed and our reserving the car. The taxi is $50. The do offer shuttle to Hyatt...1 mile or so down the road and then shuttle to Disney. We drove and never used the shuttle although I did see it throughout the resort several times during the day.

The villas themselves were a little disappointing. I wondered why there were no pictures of the kitchens on their website and now I know why. They are like a very cheap apartment with cheap appliances and very little offerings of dishes, pots, pans, etc. I myself didn't even take a pic although I don't know if I could have with it being so small and a door that closed it off from the rest of the unit.

HUGE dinning..small living, patio, long hallway with kitchen door, stacked washer/dryer in kitchen, bedroom with doors out to patio, huge bath with tub, upstairs another bedroom, no entrance to outside?, another huge bath with tub.

I travel a lot and always stay in rooms with kitchens so that I can use the facilities and not have to eat out every meal since I have young children. at $400 per night I did not feel that the price was worth the condition of the villa. They are very old, outdated, and nothing like the pictures I saw on the website. At least the one we stayed in. The kitchen was dirty especially the stove top although the rest of the villa was very clean and I did not feel as if I was in a dirty place or that the villas upkeep wasn't up to par. They are just old and the kitchen was really poor quality. This may not seem to bother another person especially someone who was staying here to golf or spend very little time here. Convenience to Disney and all parks is excellent.

I stayed here because they offered a golf package and my older son's Christmas present was to golf which he LOVED and they treated him so nicely. He didn't want to leave. The courses and the grounds were outstanding. They kept his golf clubs the entire time we were there and cleaned them daily for him. The golf carts were state of the art with all the gadgets and the only thing he said was he wished that you culd just take the golf cart to your room and not have to walk to the course and back when you were done. He even got to golf with one of the teachers from the academy one day. Sadly it was very cold with a couple mornings of rain so he didn't golf the entire 7 days but the resort was kind enough to take our golf passes that he didn't use and credit the difference to our bill.

Our villa has a back patio that went right to a lake with fish and ducks. You can also see the fireworks from Disney out your back patio at 9:00 at night which was really neat. The weather in December was colder then we were hoping for. I'm from California central coast where our year round average temp is 72 degrees. An employee of Disney told me that she have lived there 17 years and had never seen a colder December.

Again the service is beyond anything I've ever experienced and I spend at least 100 nights a year in hotel rooms. The grounds and private entry is wonderful and we always felt safe at all hours of the day and evening.

We never used the pool sadly because it was so cold. We did look at the Hyatt pool which is also available to you and it was AMAZING with all the rocks, caves, waterfalls, and slides. It went on and on and on. We would have loved to enjoy it if the weather had permitted. I did notice that the main pool was not heated and very cold to the touch.

I did have to print out our boarding passes and tickets I ordered online for dinner and wasn't able to use the villas office. I had to go to the Hyatt and pay a per minute charge to use their computers and printer in their business center.

The grounds are lovely, the staff is A++++, the villas are dated which in my opinion didn't merit the $400 per room nightly fee.

Peace and Quiet in Disney????

After thoroghly searching for the right hotel/resort to stay at in Orlando, I was immediately impressed with the reviews I read on this site.

My wife had never been to Disney and always wanted to go. The last place I wanted to be was around a bunch of noisy kids. So, I searched for a hotel that didn't allow children under 16. Who was I kidding, this is the kiddie capital of all tourist attractions!!! But alas, I found just what I was looking for in the Grand Cypress.

This is one of the best places in the country to golf, and you know what, I've never played a round in my life. But I assumed that not many kids would be playing either. It was pretty pricey and to me that meant that no one in their right mind would pay all of that money and not golf, therefore, I knew I had the right crowd.

The location is very interesting as the resort is extremely quiet, and only 5 minutes away from Disney. Once you're on the property, you forget that you're in right next to Disney, save for the fireworks at night. (which was actually a very good touch)

For anyone who is looking for a very well manicured, helpful and attentive staff, this is the place. And if you're like me and don't want to be bothered with the kids, this is definitely the place for you.

Pleasant in most respects.

by TripAdvisor Member crazyforgolfUsa

My wife, myself, and 7 yo just returned from a 5 night stay in a one bedrm villa, 4071. It was a "D" unit. The furnishings were a little "tired" and the king bed wasn't very comfortable to my wife. I slept very well here unlike most places I stay. My child slept very well on the pull out couch in the LR. There was also a pull out coach in a sitting area off the bedroom. There are black out drapes throughout. The extensive patios and large dining room would have been very nice for a gathering with family or friends.

The kitchen was poorly equipped with low quality pans(nearly burned my finger cooking my oatmeal the first morning which could have totatlly ruined the golf) and the teflon was about 50% gone off the inside of the pans. No spatula, no cooking spoon, no colander, no vegetetable peeler....not the end of the world, but hey this place is not cheap. The coffee available was pathetic; you will need to bring coffee and filters. Finally the dryer was shot. The kitchen was not modern, but it was functioning - just could have been equipped with more and higher quality tools to make it more useable.

The location to the theme parks and golf is outstanding. I preferred to bring my clubs back to the villa each day, but storage is available at the clubhouse. I kept the cart till dark and they had it back to the villa by 7am each day. If you want to bass fish bring your tackle and take the cart out to some of the ponds at the course. There were several that appeared large and deep enough to hold some nice fish. The East, South, and, North courses were in super condition, but I did not enjoy the type of grass(very tight lies) on the New course. The New course is a links style layout which is short but places a premium on accuracy off the tee and has some very challenging greens. The pitch and putt course at the hotel looked interesting if you want to bring a beginner or sharpen up your short game.

The pool was very nice except it was trashed by guests the previous night so the hot tubs were not available our first night. Avoid Daytona 500 weekend and there should be no problem from the guests. We spent an afternoon at the Hotel pool and it was huge. The water temps were 67F in the main and 83F in a small heated portion.

The food at The Club was somewhat expensive, variable and on one occassion the service was exteremely slow even though the resturant was empty. We enjoyed Hemingway's at the hotel and it was very kid friendly. We also had a dinner at Christino's a highly rated Italian resturant on Phillips off Sand Lake. It was excellent, but extremely expensive. (A Chilean Sea Bass special w risotto was $44.) Unlike most Italian resturants they will not accomodate any variations to their menu.

The Villas location, excellent service, overall quality, variety of activities, and peacefulness are probably going to be hard to duplicate. I will pack or buy a few kitchen tools and some coffee be back again.

Comments