Travelodge Orlando International Drive

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Worst hotel ever.

First let me say that I have never written a review about a hotel before but this hotel deserves to be critiqued.
    We were staying in a Ramada Inn down the road from this Travelodge and were not satisfied with the Ramada. We saw the sign outside this Travelodge that stated "ALL NEW ROOMS" along with other positive statments about this hotel. We reserved the next three nights. The room we stayed in was a disgrace. I'll list all the things wrong with the room.
    Toilet bowl tipped to one side when you sat on it as one of the hold down bolts had rusted through; Sink handle fell off when you attempted to turn the water on; Adjustable shower head was immovable and some of the head openings were clogged which reduced the water flow to around half; One lamp did not work; Bathroom floor was dirty and there was hair on the floor; Electronic door lock worked intermittently; Door lock strike plate held in place by one screw; No information book pertaining to the hotel services, ie. television, phone, wake up call etc.; Top drawer of bureau stuck.
    I thought with all this that at least they would have a free breakfast or access to a computer but not even that.
    The hotel staff were courteous, I'll give them that.
    Needless to say we cancelled the next two nights and fortunately found a much better hotel on International Drive and at a price $20.00 cheaper per night.

Unique Quality: NONE!

• Just gross.

Travelodge at 7200 International Drive, Orlando, FL

I'm writing this review from my absolutely disgusting hotel room. This is the first review I have ever written on a hotel as I feel I need to warn everyone. This place is a dump in every meaning of the word. The front door is filthy, the bathroom door doesn't close, and there was a nice little dead bug in the middle of the floor waiting to greet me. The toilet seat is stripping, the carpet smells and there is dirt in every corner from floor to ceiling. To top it all off, the evening staff at the front desk are two very bitter and rude women who greet you with a curt hello followed by a request for your credit card to pay a $5 hidden "resort" fee. This fee was nowhere to be found on expedia and I just searched Travelodge's website and couldn't find it there either. The shuttle to Universal (the reason I booked) only leaves once a day at 8:45am so forget sleeping in.

So to close, if you value even the bare minimum of cleanliness and courteousness, forget this hotel. I've stayed in a lot of crappy hotels, but this takes the cake.

BTW, as I'm writing this, my sister has sent me a text saying there is some kind of bug larvae in her sink.

More about Orlando

The Outbacker BurgerThe Outbacker Burger

The new rain poncho fashion trend ;o)The new rain poncho fashion trend ;o)

gang taggang tag

Launch PadLaunch Pad

One Person, One Day Only - Universal Studios

by cemeterybird

I am a lone female (young at heart 60 year old) taking a real last minute break and leaving for Florida from the UK next Monday mainly to completely chill out on the Gulf Coast.
I love theme parks and have done them all over the previous 10 years and didn't intend to visit Orlando this time, when it suddenly occurred to me that the Harry Potter Theme Park had opened (HP books having been a passion of mine), so I thought I must visit for just one day.
Does anyone have any tips for a lone traveller doing one day at a theme park and where is the cheapest place for a ticket. I have looked online and the cheapest I can find is 82 dollars plus taxes. Also I read somewhere that it would be cheaper to catch a trolley bus (?) on International Drive, rather than pay parking fees at the Park. Can I park for free safely anywhere on ID?

Any tips or advice gratefully received with thanks.

by cemeterybird

Unfortunately Pedmar I am staying over at Treasure Island in a timeshare, so shall be making my own way to Orlando by car.

by travelaway29

i give you credit....sounds quite lonely to me to go to an amusement alone.... i do beleive they have single rider lines at some of the attractions...perhaps you'll meet a partner for the day...... good luck

by virtualpatrick

The I Ride Trolley on International Drive does not stop at Universal Orlando (www.iridetrolley.com). The closest on I Ride Trolley is to get off of the stop near Universal Boulevard on International Drive. But then it's still a very long walk. There is the public bus transportation but I don't know how far it drops you off and most likely will involve bus transfers.

So if you only have one day at a theme park and have to drive back to the Gulf Coast, then it's best to park at the Universal Orlando covered garages - $15.

Universal Orlando is actually 2 theme parks. You can buy 1 park access ticket or 2 park access ticket. I tried the 2 parks in 1 day last year before Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened.

Universal Studios - which centers around the movie making theme and has lots of indoor 3d based moving immersion rides.

Island of Adventure - basically has lots of roller coaster and water flume rides. Within IOA is the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Even though the advertisements and lots of people think that Harry Potter is a theme park in itself, it is not. It is a subset within Island of Adventure.

For one day ticket, there's not much discount you can get even from the online ticket brokers. If you see prices significantly less than the park's base price for a day ticket then most likely it is tied to a timeshare presentation.

Here are some of the ticket brokers I've researched from last year when my brother was looking for tickets - all have pickup service at their office, or you can buy it over there at the same online price:

www.orlandoticketsales.com - from Orlando's Visitor & Convention center.

Others: www.orlandofuntickets.com, www.undercovertourist.com, www.officialticketcenter.com

by virtualpatrick

Since you are staying at Universal for one day, one option is to do a 1 day ticket with 2 park access to Universal Studios AND Islands of Adventure.

I did this in the spring and purchased the pass at any area Publix grocery store. Go to their Gift Card section and there is a $112 Universal 1 Day Park to Park Access. You don't need to be a Florida Resident to use this specific card. Just purchase and bring the card to the gate for the barcode to be scanned.

Travel Tips for Orlando

Fast Pass

by Cielo_Algaeed

Fast Pass enables you to cut all the waiting time in a specific ride. Simply look for a "Fast Pass" machine (selected attractions) and then insert your fats pass ticket into the fastpass kiosk. You will receive a fastpass ticket with a return time so you can go and play in the park or do other activites instead of waiting in line. Just make suret o get your Disney ticket. Afterwhich, come back during your return time and hop on the attraction with little or no waiting time.

do you love the thrill only a...

by stopatnothin

do you love the thrill only a rollercoaster can give ? Universal Studios Escape's new theme park - Islands of Adventure provides the home for the Hulk boosting you from 0 - 40 in 2 seconds. this coaster is sure to send you back for more . not to leave out Dueling Dragons - an inverted , near miss , rollercoaster air-battle . still need a reason to come down for a little fun ? visit www.uescape.com who can mention Orlando without talking about The Walt Disney World Resort . with the constant updating and rebuilding and new adventures being thought up of and built , who can keep track of this place anymore . Disney is one , ok the biggest , part of what Orlando has to offer . Epcot is my favorite theme park offering a taste of different nations from Asia to Mexico , Disney has it all . they have many great shows to put on for people no matter how old or young you may feel . it truly is an experience of a lifetime .

b1bob does the hula

by b1bob

At the Polynesian Village luau and dinner show, they asked for volunteers to do the hula. This pretty looking thing come over towards me and beckoned me forth to do the hula in front of my parents and about a hundred other people. I did it and I fell in love.

Typical U.S. tipping and...

by twings

Typical U.S. tipping and cultural rules apply here. Most people are very laid back. Please be a safe and kind driver. Traffic becomes nuts and people act stupid. Just be nice and people will be nice to you.

themeparks

by dila

we had a coolbag for some drinks and some things to eat in the bag. raincoats.
we didnot wear them and we get socking wet in some attractions. it is very expesive to buy some filmtapes if they have them. or photo rolls?

Comments