Westgate Lakes Resort

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Family Travel Theme Park Trips Zoo
See Amenities

Lied to by Westgate – nightmare experience!

by written on May 10, 2013

On my February 2013 stay at Westgate, we were promised VISA gift cards, discount Disney tickets, free breakfast and other perks for participating in a time share presentation. When we woke up early on our first day of vacation to attend the session, we were told that they made a mistake and we would not be given any of those perks and they turned us away. That was extremely disappointing but what happened next was even worse.

I contacted the General Manager the week after we returned and he apologized and said he’d get right to me. I have now followed up via letter, phone calls (a total investment of more than an hour), email (over 10 emails), and fax and the manager responded only 3 times in 3 months saying he was still working on it.

3/5: I emailed my letter. That same day, the GM wrote back right away apologizing and saying he would get right back to me

I had to contact him 3 more times before I heard back 3/28 that he hadn’t received a response internally and was still working on it and would get back to me.

I never heard back again so I contacted him 2 more times before I heard back 4/13 that he was meeting with a group internally and would get back to me. I never heard back so I tried emailing multiple times, calling corporate (they told me to fax my letter which I did a month ago but they never got back to me either) and calling the GM directly. Still nothing. And believe it or not, all I was asking for was to be reimbursed $75.

I’ve never been treated so poorly by a company before. And the irony is they were trying to sell us a timeshare! I just wanted to warn people about this.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

by written on May 19, 2012

Do NOT stay here!!!! The employees are thieves!!!!! They stole my husbands cell phone and the manage at the hotel didn't even care!!! We drove 21 hours to get there, and upon a very rude check in, I was told to go the other desk. I knew what was coming, so I tried being very polite and said, I'm extremely tired, I just want to go to my room. They didn't care. All they cared about was trying to sell me a timeshare. After repeating myself several times I then had to get rude. Lady threw the info towards me and I walked out. They didn't even tell me what building I was in, let alone how to get there. So had to go back in just to ask! Ridiculous!!!!
The floors in the room were filthy, after walking on them for about 2 minutes the kids feet were disgusting!! Had to wear shoes the whole time while in the room. They have one ice maker per building and of course it wasn't working. First night, ordered from Pizza Hut which is in the hotel. Brought the wrong pizza and had to wait for the right one. DVD player didn't play movies right, no batteries in the remotes. Pool was disgusting and dirty. Leaves floating everywhere in the pool, along with big hair balls.
My husbands cell phone was found by a guest and turned into an employee who said they would give it to security. WRONG!!!! That employee STOLE it!!!! Spoke with manager who couldn't have cared less that they employee thieves there. WIFI access is a joke.. Had to call the front desk just to find out what our phone extension was, since every phone in there had a different number on it.
The safe in the room did not work right, it was plugged into an outlet that was literally hanging out of the wall. Had to wait an hour for security to come and open the safe for us one day, which delayed us going to Disney.
This hotel ruined our first family trip to Disney. Every employee there is extremely rude!!! NEVER EVER again would I stay here. I paid for all these amenities which I did not have the pleasure of experiencing. This place is a joke!!! LOOK ELSEWHERE for a room!!! This hotel has great potential, but falls WAY short!!!

Worst Time Share Resort "EVER"

by written on July 29, 2011

The first visit was bad, but I went by myself the first time. The second time was with the family and boy did I regret it. I was given the "VIP" check in which was slow, but a lot shorter than the 50 people standing in line waiting to get in for free time share tickets to Disney. We got to the room and what did we get. A room that has not had furniture or decor changed for 20 years. It was nasty with stains on the carpet and the leather furniture was cracked and torn. The kitchen stove had food under the burners and refrigerator had stains on the walls inside and the silverware was dirty with food. The air vent and shower had a lot of rust on them and the shower door had broken screws in the frame from poor repairs. The paint was slopped all around the room where someone had done a poor job of spray painting and the paint was running onto other surfaces. Ok, so we will go swimming tonight and things will be better. Get there and the pool is overrun with bad behaving kids without any adult supervision. They were knocking over people's tables and cussing and splashing other people. I hated to do it but after 15 minutes I pulled my kids out of the pool. There were teenagers making comments about women's bodies that were making guest really mad. Security was request by several guests and after 30 minutes arrived and refused to say a word to them. Took kids back later hoping things would be better, not a chance. Now you had college age kids jumping into the pool, caused huge concerns when he landed on pre-teenage girl knocking her under water. I told my kids to stay to one side to keep them away from the idiots. When they nearly elbowed my daughter in the face, trying to dominate the whole pool playing catch with 8 others, I lost it. I told the guy if he hit my kids, I would consider it an assault. Security returned and the guys took his warlike and threaten to throw him in the pool. I took the warlike away from the guy and gave it back to security and still nothing done. After about day three it was time for the time share tour. The Guide stated she was the supervisor of the tours and I would not feel any pressure to buy because her Christian back ground would not allow it. This woman was so rude when I asked her about why the Westgate resell properties were so cheap that she made my wife cry. I was so made that I asked for supervisor. What I got was one of her employee's pretending to be her supervisor. As I explained to him, the way she acted was absolutely ridiculous. You get better treatment from a car salesmen or a cashier a Wendy's. Ruined our stay there so, we left early and flew down to the Florida Keys and had a great time. Too much noise at night to sleep. Thugs hanging in parking lot at night with no security. Ghetto clients with no manners. Rude staff members. 25 year old run down property. One of the highest level of complaints with BBB (Better Business Bureau). Bait and Switch methods are routine. Pictures of nice facility which is what they show you, but you stay at old property where there are a lot of roaches. Check Trip Advisor if you do not believe. You will have to scan through the pictures because Westgate is trying to bury client pictures with their own, but you can find them if you check.

Unique Quality: Good Location
Low class guest, very ghetto
Rude staff members
Lack of security
Uneasy environment
Dirty Facility
Bait & Switch practices in place
Over crowded parking
Over occupied pool area, with unsupervised kids
Strangers walking property at all hours of the day and night.
Continuous noise all night from possible drunken guest/strangers

Directions: Located at or near the Kissemee area

Always been great.....need better security.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 20, 2010

We've been owners since 2001, and have never (maybe once) had a bad experience here............our condo is always in good shape and kept very clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. It's handy to everything, and if you are careful when you choose your time to stay....you can have a quiet safe week. We have consistently upgraded to 3 weeks/All status, and now use many of our weeks trading with Interval......however we like to come to our "home" condo as often as possible. We have, however, noticed a troubling trend. This year, our week overlapped the week of Thanksgiving, and it has been enlightening to say the least. On Friday, Westgate was overwhelmed with registration.............and within a few hours had become absolutely packed. Don't know where the majority of people came from, but the cars were loud, the people were loud, the attitude was bad, and groups congregated in the parking area's into the wee hours. It was treated as some sort of block party, with screaming, banging, yelling, drinking beer and smoking...........During all of this , I kept an eye out for anyone from the Westgate staff to tell the partiers to move on, but saw none. Frankly, it did look too dangerous.......
My saddest picture was of a nice young family (Father, mother, two little boys), winding their way through the bad behavior to get to their room. Very upsetting. I hope that David Siegel gets enough reports about this that he does something about it. Otherwise, he'll see an escalation, and a whole lot more trouble.

Unique Quality: It's all great, except the problems mentioned above.

Sand Lake

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 12, 2006

Situated in a location nearest to Sea World, this resort is also at the north edge of Walt Disney World, a short drive from Universal Citywalk, and with easy access to Highway 4 East and West.

Unique Quality: With 5 excellent heated swimming pools, two of which overlook Sand Lake, this resort is busy but has a resort environment. Other pools are placed at strategic locations between the various villa buildings, along with white sand volleyball courts. An activities pavillion offers lake enjoyment activities.

Directions: South east of Orlando International Airport off Sand Lake Rd. at Turkey Lake Rd.

To view the resorts, click use the Contact webstie, and My Photos Reference Number 3245245003.

kaipow's Profile Photo

Timeshares

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 2, 2004

We stayed here during our trip in 1998. Excellent facility. Master bedroom has a large jacuzzi tub.

Unique Quality: It is a timeshare and if you're not a timeshare owner it may be possible to reserver a promotional week there.

Conveniently located off the I-4, close to all the theme parks.

Nearby Westgate Lakes Resort

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Spa

Orlando Travel Forum

Need advice about Orlando, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Orlando and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Orlando hotel reviews

Fiddler's Green
Ship or Boat
British
Restaurants
FLORIDA: Facts and Figures...
Local Customs