Westgate Lakes Resort

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Lied to by Westgate – nightmare experience!

On my February 2013 stay at Westgate, we were promised VISA gift cards, discount Disney tickets, free breakfast and other perks for participating in a time share presentation. When we woke up early on our first day of vacation to attend the session, we were told that they made a mistake and we would not be given any of those perks and they turned us away. That was extremely disappointing but what happened next was even worse.

I contacted the General Manager the week after we returned and he apologized and said he’d get right to me. I have now followed up via letter, phone calls (a total investment of more than an hour), email (over 10 emails), and fax and the manager responded only 3 times in 3 months saying he was still working on it.

3/5: I emailed my letter. That same day, the GM wrote back right away apologizing and saying he would get right back to me

I had to contact him 3 more times before I heard back 3/28 that he hadn’t received a response internally and was still working on it and would get back to me.

I never heard back again so I contacted him 2 more times before I heard back 4/13 that he was meeting with a group internally and would get back to me. I never heard back so I tried emailing multiple times, calling corporate (they told me to fax my letter which I did a month ago but they never got back to me either) and calling the GM directly. Still nothing. And believe it or not, all I was asking for was to be reimbursed $75.

I’ve never been treated so poorly by a company before. And the irony is they were trying to sell us a timeshare! I just wanted to warn people about this.

• DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Do NOT stay here!!!! The employees are thieves!!!!! They stole my husbands cell phone and the manage at the hotel didn't even care!!! We drove 21 hours to get there, and upon a very rude check in, I was told to go the other desk. I knew what was coming, so I tried being very polite and said, I'm extremely tired, I just want to go to my room. They didn't care. All they cared about was trying to sell me a timeshare. After repeating myself several times I then had to get rude. Lady threw the info towards me and I walked out. They didn't even tell me what building I was in, let alone how to get there. So had to go back in just to ask! Ridiculous!!!!
    The floors in the room were filthy, after walking on them for about 2 minutes the kids feet were disgusting!! Had to wear shoes the whole time while in the room. They have one ice maker per building and of course it wasn't working. First night, ordered from Pizza Hut which is in the hotel. Brought the wrong pizza and had to wait for the right one. DVD player didn't play movies right, no batteries in the remotes. Pool was disgusting and dirty. Leaves floating everywhere in the pool, along with big hair balls.
    My husbands cell phone was found by a guest and turned into an employee who said they would give it to security. WRONG!!!! That employee STOLE it!!!! Spoke with manager who couldn't have cared less that they employee thieves there. WIFI access is a joke.. Had to call the front desk just to find out what our phone extension was, since every phone in there had a different number on it.
    The safe in the room did not work right, it was plugged into an outlet that was literally hanging out of the wall. Had to wait an hour for security to come and open the safe for us one day, which delayed us going to Disney.
    This hotel ruined our first family trip to Disney. Every employee there is extremely rude!!! NEVER EVER again would I stay here. I paid for all these amenities which I did not have the pleasure of experiencing. This place is a joke!!! LOOK ELSEWHERE for a room!!! This hotel has great potential, but falls WAY short!!!

• Worst Time Share Resort "EVER"

The first visit was bad, but I went by myself the first time. The second time was with the family and boy did I regret it. I was given the "VIP" check in which was slow, but a lot shorter than the 50 people standing in line waiting to get in for free time share tickets to Disney. We got to the room and what did we get. A room that has not had furniture or decor changed for 20 years. It was nasty with stains on the carpet and the leather furniture was cracked and torn. The kitchen stove had food under the burners and refrigerator had stains on the walls inside and the silverware was dirty with food. The air vent and shower had a lot of rust on them and the shower door had broken screws in the frame from poor repairs. The paint was slopped all around the room where someone had done a poor job of spray painting and the paint was running onto other surfaces. Ok, so we will go swimming tonight and things will be better. Get there and the pool is overrun with bad behaving kids without any adult supervision. They were knocking over people's tables and cussing and splashing other people. I hated to do it but after 15 minutes I pulled my kids out of the pool. There were teenagers making comments about women's bodies that were making guest really mad. Security was request by several guests and after 30 minutes arrived and refused to say a word to them. Took kids back later hoping things would be better, not a chance. Now you had college age kids jumping into the pool, caused huge concerns when he landed on pre-teenage girl knocking her under water. I told my kids to stay to one side to keep them away from the idiots. When they nearly elbowed my daughter in the face, trying to dominate the whole pool playing catch with 8 others, I lost it. I told the guy if he hit my kids, I would consider it an assault. Security returned and the guys took his warlike and threaten to throw him in the pool. I took the warlike away from the guy and gave it back to security and still nothing done. After about day three it was time for the time share tour. The Guide stated she was the supervisor of the tours and I would not feel any pressure to buy because her Christian back ground would not allow it. This woman was so rude when I asked her about why the Westgate resell properties were so cheap that she made my wife cry. I was so made that I asked for supervisor. What I got was one of her employee's pretending to be her supervisor. As I explained to him, the way she acted was absolutely ridiculous. You get better treatment from a car salesmen or a cashier a Wendy's. Ruined our stay there so, we left early and flew down to the Florida Keys and had a great time. Too much noise at night to sleep. Thugs hanging in parking lot at night with no security. Ghetto clients with no manners. Rude staff members. 25 year old run down property. One of the highest level of complaints with BBB (Better Business Bureau). Bait and Switch methods are routine. Pictures of nice facility which is what they show you, but you stay at old property where there are a lot of roaches. Check Trip Advisor if you do not believe. You will have to scan through the pictures because Westgate is trying to bury client pictures with their own, but you can find them if you check.

Unique Quality: Good Location
    Low class guest, very ghetto
    Rude staff members
    Lack of security
    Uneasy environment
    Dirty Facility
    Bait & Switch practices in place
    Over crowded parking
    Over occupied pool area, with unsupervised kids
    Strangers walking property at all hours of the day and night.
    Continuous noise all night from possible drunken guest/strangers

Directions: Located at or near the Kissemee area

• Always been great.....need better security.

We've been owners since 2001, and have never (maybe once) had a bad experience here............our condo is always in good shape and kept very clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. It's handy to everything, and if you are careful when you choose your time to stay....you can have a quiet safe week. We have consistently upgraded to 3 weeks/All status, and now use many of our weeks trading with Interval......however we like to come to our "home" condo as often as possible. We have, however, noticed a troubling trend. This year, our week overlapped the week of Thanksgiving, and it has been enlightening to say the least. On Friday, Westgate was overwhelmed with registration.............and within a few hours had become absolutely packed. Don't know where the majority of people came from, but the cars were loud, the people were loud, the attitude was bad, and groups congregated in the parking area's into the wee hours. It was treated as some sort of block party, with screaming, banging, yelling, drinking beer and smoking...........During all of this , I kept an eye out for anyone from the Westgate staff to tell the partiers to move on, but saw none. Frankly, it did look too dangerous.......
    My saddest picture was of a nice young family (Father, mother, two little boys), winding their way through the bad behavior to get to their room. Very upsetting. I hope that David Siegel gets enough reports about this that he does something about it. Otherwise, he'll see an escalation, and a whole lot more trouble.

Unique Quality: It's all great, except the problems mentioned above.

• Sand Lake

Situated in a location nearest to Sea World, this resort is also at the north edge of Walt Disney World, a short drive from Universal Citywalk, and with easy access to Highway 4 East and West.

Unique Quality: With 5 excellent heated swimming pools, two of which overlook Sand Lake, this resort is busy but has a resort environment. Other pools are placed at strategic locations between the various villa buildings, along with white sand volleyball courts. An activities pavillion offers lake enjoyment activities.

Directions: South east of Orlando International Airport off Sand Lake Rd. at Turkey Lake Rd.

To view the resorts, click use the Contact webstie, and My Photos Reference Number 3245245003.

• kaipow's Profile Photo

Timeshares

We stayed here during our trip in 1998. Excellent facility. Master bedroom has a large jacuzzi tub.

Unique Quality: It is a timeshare and if you're not a timeshare owner it may be possible to reserver a promotional week there.

Conveniently located off the I-4, close to all the theme parks.

More about Westgate Lakes Resort

The whole Disney complex,...

by jrbeejay

The whole Disney complex, though now getting very expensive, is a must for people to visit Buying a time share at Westgate Lakes

Had Fun In the Sun

I enjoyed my room at the Westgate Lakes. I didnt spend as much time as some of the other reviewers inspecting for mold, but I want to add that I did not notice any. My room was nice, with a large bed with a mirrored headboard. A jaccuzzi tub and glass shower not to far from the bed area, open, so you can watch the area from your bed. The toliet is in a seperate area for privacy. Lots of mirrors around the jaccuzzi also. Pull out leather couch, 35" TV, nice view from balcony. Small kitchen area. Friendly staff. I will use them again when I go, it seems like they are in the perfect spot in orlando, in the middle of everything. Everything was real close, no long drives to anywhere.

roomy and worth the hassel

Our family of 4 stayed at Westgate last April, it did take a while to check in but once done everything was ok. Our two bedroom was roomy with a great view of the lake. It was nice to have a kitchen and washer/dryer and everything worked. Master bedroom was hudge with whirlpool and shower in the open area and seperate toilet behind closed door. Second bedroom had two full size beds and its own acess to the second full bathroom. Each bedroom has dressers and TV. The living room had a pull out sofa and bigscreen TV and a dining table for four.Two of the pools were within a two minute walk and a third ( by the childrens activities area ) was less than five minutes walking with small children. This property is exactly midway between the Disney north entrance and Universal, booth only ten minutes by car and Sea World is ten minutes as well but across the highway on the airport side. The time share speel on our last day was a pain but worth the discount, we paid about $95 per night, you could proably do a little better and definetly alot worse at this same property but the room was the size of a two bedroom apartment. Say no and say no often if you have no interest. Have a story if need be about some looming financial burden and stick with it even when they offer you deals at their other more affordable properties. If you are looking for lots of real space, want or don't mind being alittle bit away from the Disney "magic" and are thinking of visiting more than one park than I would highly recomend Westgate lakes.

Fixed time is really Floating time? Our worse timeshare experience in 22 years.

We have been long-time owners with Westgate and except for a few problems have enjoyed the experience. We recently upgraded to the new Owners Building at Westgate Lakes which was supposed to be completely floating time. We initially declined to upgrade as we had no interest in floating time. An exception was made and we were offerred fixed time. We were promised the same unit and week every year during the New Year's week. Our contract and deed indicates we have fixed time for the units listed.

We were looking foward to this vacation for much needed rest as my husband is recovering from a second heart attack. We even called ahead to confirm our unit and date of arrival. However, you can imagine our shock and dismay when we checked in on Sunday, 12/28, and was told our units were occupied. We were told there is no fixed time in that building. We were placed in another unit in another building and were promised a call the next day. When my husband called back to ask why we did not receive a call, the agent informed him that she was under the impression that a manager would call.

On Tuesday, my husband spoke to our sales rep who was surprised to hear we were not in our unit. We spoke to another Westgate employee and told him we keep getting the "all units are floating in that building" song and he assured us that we should be in the unit, our names were in the computer, we did have fixed time, and that Westgate had made a mistake.
Westgate was able to move the occupants in our unit to another unit and we finally moved in on Wednesday.

We had a meeting with two managers on Saturday. We asked how can a repeat of what we experienced be avoided. From my understanding of what was discussed, it is not possible as the building is set up as floating, never mind our contract says FIXED. One manager felt Westgate had bent over backwards, went above and beyond the call of duty in moving people to another unit, and furthermore, Westgate was only obligated to provide a LIKE unit.

I believe that the confusion for Westgate employees and owners stems from Westgate's original plan that the Owners' Building be completely floating. However, there are a small number of exceptions but most of Westgate's employees don't seem to be aware of that fact.

The whole experience was very stressful and confusing - our very worse timeshare experience in 22 years.

Very nice vacation

Our stay at the Westgate resort was very nice. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights. Our main goal was relaxation and we definitely accomplished that. The pool was not busy at all. We pretty much had it to ourselves. The facilities were very nice. We did not make use of the activities offered because we just wanted to relax, but there were plenty of things to do if you wanted to. My only complaint is that our room was so small. It was smaller than a regular hotel room. But other than that, it was nice.

Very nice and spacious!

My family and I traveled to Florida on November 20-25, 2003. We stayed at the Westgate Resorts, and when we entered the resort it was just maddening! There were guests everywhere! After 3 attempts to get into our room, the room keys weren't programmed and one room had the lock broken, we finally settled in. I wen to talk with the Manager about this, and he told me that he had just the room for me---the key didn't work in that room either! Any way, the kids loved the pools and the roomy living room with the big, leather couch and big screen TV. The room was very clean and the housekeepers ( who come by everyday to pick your dirty towels) were very friendly.

Dirty!!!

Place is to large. Looks like public housing complex. Our two bedroom had floors so dirty that our barefeet turned black. Above the bathroom shower was tons of black mold. I told management and they came and cleaned it. They did a good job of cleaning.When I checked out I asked for a fair adjustment for the uncleanliness of the room. I was told by management that because I went through Expedia they didn't make very much so they couldn't adjust my bill.Don't go to this place. Dirty and unprofessional!

Turkey Road stay

by MsMedina

What's the fastest and/or cheapest way from 100000 Turkey Rd (Westgate Lakes Resort) to International Drive when you don't have a car?

Re: Turkey Road stay

by shohman

it's very close, probably a five minute drive. A cab shouldn't be too expensive. Westgate used to have a shuttle service as well. I'm not sure if it's still running, but it's worth asking about.

Comments