3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Westgate Palace

Reconsider Westgate Palace

by TripAdvisor Member piggy06

I am surprized so many people had good things to say about this hotel. It appears very classy at reception but it's far from it. My fiance and I booked in for a night after staying at a hotel closer to the universal resorts so that we could be closer to the disney resorts. First, I was in line for half an hour waiting to check in. Then I asked for a bell boy to take our bags becuse our room had no access from the main lobby, did not get one, luckly we had a rental car. We still had to walk a good distance to our room. The room was not too bad, just extreamly small and had a musky pungent aerosol smell. After going out for the evening and returning around one in the morning we had trouble finding a place to park. We went to reception after looking for around fifteen minutes and found no one there only grounds staff who told us we should find park on the total opposite side of our building. At almost two in the morning we had an almost seven minute walk to our building. I want to feel safe in a strange place, this was not safe at all.
Then checking out next morning was another task. We got a bill for services we were not informed of and did not use, so I went to reception to clear things up, again I had to wait around half an hour because there was only one receptionist and 4 people checking out, I was second and had to wait half an hour. The service at this hotel is very poor. If you are accustomed staying in hotels greater than three star, please do not go to this hotel.

Awesome Room, Highly Recommended

AWESOME X 3.....We spent the last 7 nights in the Westgate Palace in Orlando, Florida. We absolutely loved it. It was a 2 bedroom with a fully stocked kitchen. We went to Publix and bought groceries the first night and ate breakfast in the room each morning. The living room had a pull out sofa and an entertainment center with a 30 or 31 inch TV with a DVD player. The boys brought some movies with them and watched movies at night. All counter tops in the kitchen and bathrooms were solid granite. The view over the lake and Wet and wild was super. We had a beautiful view of Orlando. The only downside it had was the lack of parking. If you came back from the parks after nine 9:00 you will have to search hard for a parking spot.
I would recommend this place to anyone and we will
definetly go back.

Great Hotel

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks. Our travel agent did'nt have any information on the hotel for us as it was extra accomadation. We read the reviews on this site and were unsure what we were letting ourselves in for.I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised. We had a two bed apartment as we had three teenagers with us. The rooms are spotless and we had a jacuzzi in our room, which was a treat. Our air conditioning did break down, but it was repaired straight away. The hotel has no bar or resturant, no childrens club so families with young children should know this. It is very close to all the parks and its location is great for anyone who have'nt hired a car. Just a word of warning the hotel is timeshare and they did try to sell us on it. But once we made it clear to them we were'nt interested they left us alone. The pool is great the deepest is the middle and its only 4ft 6in. Our teens had a great time. Also it is wheelchair friendly. I cant find fault with the staff as they were friendly. Garbage empitied every day. Would we stay there again? Yes we would!

Wonderful - loved the view

This hotel was fantastic. The location was excellent right near Universal Studios and near the shops on International Drive. When we arrived from the UK we were totally impressed with the facilities and services. The view from our room was spectacular as we could see the firework display at Universal and also the Wet and Wild Park. The room was in excellent condition and we did not have any complaints to make. Please ignore all of the other negative comments raised and try it for yourselves. If I return to Orlando this hotel will be on the top of my lists to stay at.

most important to me it was nice and clean

by TripAdvisor Member yvonnec

I was very please with my stay at this hotel. most importantly, our condo was very clean and comfortable. I would strongly recommend this as a matter of fact I have already told my friends this is the ideal place to stay price is reasonable. Location is ideal for universal and wet and wild. I will visit again

Comments