3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

2770 Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Nice resort, not so nice check in process

I'm torn on whether I should recommend this place or not. We arrived in the lobby and were asked immediately if we were attending some kind of seminar, to which we answered no and were directed towards "the guys in the yellow shirts". We went through the typical process and received our keys and were directed to yet again to another person at the far end of the desk. She gave the impression that she was giving us the "welcome package" and was showing us where the restaurants, shops, gym, water sports facilities spots were and she started going on about various discounts and freebies, one of which was a "free breakfast" for which she wanted us to sign an "invitation" and by the way pay a fee.

Turns out this invitation is a written agreement that says you're going to show up for this "breakfast" which is really a sales pitch seminar to sell you property (she glossed over this with fast and vague wording) and it's an hour long at best, and if you don't show up they keep your "fee". My husband lost patience quicker than I did and flat out refused. Immediately, she became cold and rude as if we were wrong to NOT want to pay good money and spend time getting spammed!

This place should probably reach out to potential clients for their properties in a better manner than trying to bamboozle people who just want to stay in a nice hotel, pay, leave and call it a day. The whole place looks quite nice and I enjoyed the stay, it's just that the check in experience leaves a bit to be desired, we didn't expect to be borderline scammed in a place like this.

• Our newest villa vacation

Our second visit to Orlando we chose to stay here because the villas overlook Sand Lake and we like the waterfront. We were surprised to find so many excellently landscaped flower hedges. One of the pools was almost unused, and we were amazed that we could be there for two hours and have no other vacationers come to it.

At this vacation village we discovered that we were withing fifteen minutes of Sea World, Unviersal Parks and Walt Discey World.

Unique Quality: The swimming pools are located at various places within walking distance throughout the villa enclaves. Each has its own theme. The Papillon Salon & Spa is located in the chateau-like villa owner service building, as is the fitness center.

Directions: Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road.

• krazy76's Profile Photo

Best Animal Show on Earth

The villas are fabulous. The pool was freezing but the jacuzzi was great. The best part about Westgate is the live animal show. Beautiful wild animals right in front of you for a very reasonable admission. A magician starts out the show and he's super.

Unique Quality: Bathtubs are the best... built for 2... or 3... or 4!

Directions: 192 West of I-4 to the 4th traffic light. Turn left.

More about Westgate Vacation Villas

Overbooked

Recently my husband I and traveled to Westgate Villas in Orlando.
Check-in was July 3-7, 2003. Guess what, we had been traveling for 8 hours. After we arrived we were told they were overbooked and they were sorry. Keep in mind, I had a confirmation for a month. I called every week to confirm the reservation was standing and was told by 3 different representatives at the resort that it was definitely confirmed. Hey, as a heads up, be careful when booking with them, especially during holiday. They are notorious for overbooking. Oh please be extremely careful when booking during holidays. You may not get a room anywhere in Orlando. We were extremely lucky to have found one. However, Westgate was charged in its entirity for my stay. That is the only good thing out of my vacation this year.

Great Place, beautiful rooms, BUT ...Ignore those *** reps !!!

WOW, what a beautiful place ! So many things for the kids to do that you almost DON'T have any time for the major parks and attractions. ( But we found time, and went to a couple of them ;) ) I might ad, I'm an OWNER who purchased last year on a RESALE ( OHHH, those reps HATE to hear that !! ) but anyway, They (she, my vacation representitive) called me on the third day of our vacation and at 9:30 PM to boot, with the line.. " We have to meet on Thursday morning.. we need to discuss the future of your unit and we need to go over the mandatory questionaire ( It was all ***, believe me) concerning future LEASE programs being made available to OWNERS. We the owners, have FIRST crack at obtaining a LEASE ! WELL, I humoured her and said SURE, We'll meet for breakfast ( eggs , sausage, bacon, coffee etc).. Not bad, and the price was right ! SOOO, we get there, have breakfast, and BOOM !! SALES PITCH !!! Want to UPGRADE ????? Here's the deal, she says. I said NO,. Well you get the picture... They push you and this one even went so far as to DEGRADE ME and MY FAMILY, because we were RESALE OWNERS !!! Ha.. What a joke. I laughed at her and came VERY close to calling HER a few names... She tried to tell me that we, as resale owners, should NOT be allowed to use the Westgate ammentities ( ie, can't go to owners party, block party , kids activities , bingos, pool games, etc...... BUT, if we up graded, then we could use these, because we were TRUE owners !!! HA HA....I said.. LOOK lady, I'm an owner, I pay my maintenance fees AND my taxes for that week, I"LL use WHAT I want WHEN I want. I tossed the papers on the floor and told her to "kiss my *** " and reminded her that I would be talking to HER supervisor AND sending a note to corporate..... Sorry about the long story, but bottom line is, If you get a chance to go there, DO IT... It's a magnificent Resort... Just be sure to tell their resort reps that you are NOT interested in upgrading or buying, ( unless, of course, you are..) I reccomale, go for it.. they are at least half price of what they want to sell you.. Ask the resaler questions about the unit and the type of unit that it is.. Have fun and enjoy your stay... you'll love it !!!

great stay

by TripAdvisor Member wesbw

My stay at Westgate from June 8 to 14 was definitely worth it. I was able to get a two bedroom (1,300 sq. feet) on the second floor of the "V" complex from an online auction. I paid only $211 (taxes and fees included) for the whole week. Pretty darn good considering an owner pays over $500 just for maintenance fees! I didn't have to go through any timeshare presentation either. The staff didn't even ask me if I wanted to. They mentioned that they would call me to come down and do a "maintenance report" (which, as I've heard, is an excuse to get you into a timeshare presentation), but it never happened.

The place was huge, and my friends and I really enjoyed the screened-in porch, leather couch, and jacuzzi tub. having three TV's was certainly a plus, since we didn't always agree on what to watch. All the rooms were clean and everything worked properly. The proximity to Disney was definitely a positive. Animal Kingdom was just a few minutes away.

I was pleased with the way I was treated by Westgate staff. They were nice and courteous, and they left me alone to enjoy my vacation!

I think the only negative was being awakened by some very loud lawn mowers early on Thursday morning. However, with the summer heat, I don't blame them for doing that job before it gets too hot later in the day.

Thank God for internet on this one!

Planning our first trip ever to Disney, all the reservations are made
and everything set, 1 month before our departure I get a phone call
from Westgate Resort in FL, well lucky me I think, they offer me a
4D/3N deal and will also throw in 2 FREE Disney tickets, Okay, the deal
is made<I pay for it right over the phone,because I do know other
people that has worked with this company, I felt safe with using them,
BIG MISTAKE!
I was so excited at first, then I got off the phone and went right to my computer to look up West Gate and do my research to see what the place will look like where I will be staying, I found some beautiful West Gate establishments,but in my excitement I couldn't remember which one the west gate rep said I would be staying at, so I call them back to confirm, and she said that it was actually a Ramada Inn, and I told her that I was told I would be staying at West Gate establishment, and she said Ramada Inn was just purchased by The President of West Gate, and it is there affiliate, that was lie #1, then I asked her to re-confirm the rest of the pkg again just to make sure there wasn't anymore misunderstandings, when she read it to me she said 2 Universal Studios tickets, I told her no it's suppose to be Disney and she said she would correct that right then and I hung up. I called 3 other times that same day and they still had Universal Studios on the pkg. I do not like to be deceived to make a sale. The next day I received my detailed confirmation through the email and it finally said Disney but only 1 and boy was it totally different from what I was told over the phone. I immediately called and cancelled this pkg. I would much rather pay full price for everything in Fl than to deal with people who have to lie to make a buck! I'm sure some of West Gate properties are really quite beautiful!! But, for me how could I even consider buying a timeshare or even staying at a place that deals through a company that has to deceive, and take advantage of people before you even get there!! Be warry of this CO.

Comments