Westin Imagine Orlando

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Orlando

The museumThe museum

Kathy, Patty, Elvis, Shelley and AnnKathy, Patty, Elvis, Shelley and Ann

My sister and I on our room's balconyMy sister and I on our room's balcony

Mickey Mouse ears get everywhereMickey Mouse ears get everywhere

17th to 24 th April

by osv999

I have the opportunity to travel this year with my family to Orlado. We would go to Disney- Does it makes sense these dates 17th - 24 th April? I am little concerned about the weather. SHould be better at the end of March next year?

by SONG

April 17 - 24 is a beautiful time in Orlando. I would call it perfect. It is not too hot yet and very little rain. Our rainy season is June - July.
I live in Orlando and love our weather year round. All the flowers are in bloom around this time and the heavy tourist season has not started, since most children are still in school. While here, try to visit Sea World, which is very enjoyable, entertaining, and educational. Everyone loves the Shamu show, where you can sit in the front sections, if you dare, and get splashed by the whales as they swim by and flip water with their tails. I hope you enjoy your trip here.
Email me if you wish further information. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/97/ba885/

by Donna_in_India

Weather would be nice. It may be a little crowded though. Good Friday is the 22nd/Easter is the 24th. Some schools may have an Easter/spring break the week before Easter.

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Orlando for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Daylight hours 13
UV level 10 = Very High
Humidity = Moderate

by Hexepatty

Good point, Donna. I just remembered that Easter is quite late this year. That will have an impact on the weekends. I'd stick to Disney on TH or TU and most certainly avoid magic kingdom FR, SA and SU.

You can hit EPCOT however. it's their Flower and Garden show and great free concerts from bands popular from the 60s, 70s and 80s.

Here is the schedule for mid-April thru mid-May:
4/8 - 10
Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. (New for 2011)
"You Don't Have to be a Star"

4/15 - 17
Juice Newton (New for 2011)
"Playing with the Queen of Hearts"

4/22 - 24
Ricky Nelson Remembered featuring The Nelsons
"(Can’t Live Without Your) Love and Affection"

4/29 - 5/1
Paul Revere and the Raiders
"I'm Not Your Stepping Stone"

5/6 - 8
Davy Jones
"Daydream Believer"

by page1600

The weather will be great but look out for the crowds

wheather of Orlando in March

by colinconor

It is very great opportunity for you. In March the weather of Orlando is good for visit.There are many place to visit and many cheap hotels to stay.
I went to Orlando two times. i got the wonderful people and environment. The weather was quiet clear. I roamed at beaches, enjoyed my time. Also I visited Disney World, International Drive, and Universal Studios, there are lot of attractions in Orlando itself. There are many cheap hotels. I went to a hotel the name of which is days inn hotels orlando and i got the best service.
You can visit the hotel website.

Travel Tips for Orlando

A little planning goes a long way!

by Jefie

My sister pretty much left me in charge of planning the entire trip, and I would say that the few hours I spent looking up different websites and digging through my Birnbaum pocket guide really made a difference. Even though everything is so well organized at Walt Disney World that you could easily get by without having done any research beforehand, having an idea of what you want to do and knowing when's the best time to do it definitely allows you to make the most of your time at the theme parks. Reading a description of all the different rides can be quite useful if you don't want to spend too much time waiting to go on a ride that either proves to be too wild or too mellow for your group, and knowing which rides you should get a fastpass for also really helps. There was a nice feeling every evening when we left a theme park knowing we'd seen and done everything we'd put on our list!

Stay onsite at one of the...

by pelitelepath

Stay onsite at one of the large resort complexes - nearby isn't nearly as fun! Visit the theme parks early in the day, take a midday swim or rest at your wonderful hotel, then get out for the night life. Talk with people - locals, other guests. Don't just stand in line looking at the back of someone's head! When I'm away, I miss that bright, bright yellow thing that moves across the Florida sky each day.

Visit the Comedy Warehouse at...

by MiniRtist2

Visit the Comedy Warehouse at Disney's Pleasure Island (Downtown Disney). It's a great place! The shows are improv, much like 'Who's Line is it Anyway' but I think the Warehouse is much better. It's a live experience, and they have been doing this for ten years. Every show is different, so you never see the same one twice. If you travel to Orlando a lot, an annual pass for Pleasure Island is relatively inexpensive, and in my mind, worth every penny.

Avoiding the crowds: Fastpass

by goingsolo

The Disney Fastpass system is a way to avoid crowds at the most popular rides. Rather than spend an hour or more waiting in line for Space Mountain or any other popular attractions, visit the Fastpass booth outside the entrance. Insert your park admission ticket and you'll receive a printed slip which tells you the time to report back to the ride.

When you return at the designated time, you can go straight to the Fastpass line and will be on the ride within minutes.

There's a limit to the number of times you can use the Fastpass system on any given day. Any of the numerous friendly Disney employees can give you that exact number.

Prepare for wet, warm and cold

by jessicadf

For a weekend trip, the two of us could easily stuff our needs in to my one roll-aboard TravelPro suitcase. That didn't leave room for any purchases, of course. Shorts, t-shirts, something nice to wear to dinner, sandals and DEFINITELY bring a rain coat, poncho or umbrella, unless you like getting wet. Expect rain in Florida most of the year 'round. Mosquito repellent isn't a bad thing, though on this trip, it was Winter and we weren't bothered. Sunscreen is a good idea in the Summer, but not necessary in December. My trusty Nikon Coolpix was just dandy.

Comments