Wingate Inn Orlando International Airport

5750 Hazeltine National Dr, Orlando, Florida, 32822, United States

Wingate by Wyndham at Orlando International Airport
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Average hotel, some warnings.

We booked our room on hotels.com, and paid ahead. Arrived on a 3/26/11 Sat am just after midnight. Room was clean and comfortable. We were sleeping in the room on the side of the sun and was was an annoyance, but the drapes were pretty well designed once we adjusted them and got the room darker.
    Hotel whirlpool was out of service and looked like it was going to be permanent. Exercise room had 2-3 machines that no one ever used. Pool was small but adequate for getting wet. All the hotel pictures must be taken with wide angle lens. The little breakfast buffet wasn't bad. Free. Both cereals offered were sugary, Raisin Bran and Frosted Flakes. Little scrambled egg patties, sausage links, little sweet rolls, coffees, several juices, and make-your-own-waffles rounded it out. Plus coffees & tea.Not bad. The hotel server whisked everything off the buffet at 10:01 am. (sweet rolls reappeared until eaten...)
    Transportation is an issue. A joke. The 'van to Universal' leaves at 9am returns at 4:30. ONCE. This is typical of most of the hotels there. Get a car ahead of time. Rental companies will OVERcharge you if you call direct. Seems like hotel gets a cut somehow if you go through front desk.
    We had to go pick up tickets for Disney at 'Tickets at Work' and REGRET we didn't get a car. Were charged $45. for a 20 min round trip by the hotel van driver, after the clerk quoted us $60.00 from a 'cab company'. We took the van.
    To get a ride to universal the van driver (same van company!) -apparently a friend of the front desk clerk & hangs out at the hotel - wanted 20 dollars. Once we got to Universal the ride back was $4.95. Next day we asked her to call a cab with a meter and were told it would be ten dollars. We agreed since it was rainy. Instead of a cab, we got the same van company for $10.00. Call your OWN cab.
    What was cost to Disney? $40.00 each way.... same van company.
    To get to Disney on our own wasn't too bad. We caught the city trolley. The directions from the front desk seemed to influence us to take the 'hotel' van. We took the trolley anyway. The front desk directions had us go to the end of the line and then catch a city bus to Disney ticket center. Found out from the trolley driver that we could have gotten off at Sea World and gotten a city bus. Would have saved us 40 mins of travel. Cost $3.75 each way per person. Get your own directions from the trolley or bus driver. They are there to help you!
    The hotel was ok. lean, and was cleaned each day.'Business Center' was a small room with 2 computers secured by room key slot. You could print your airline boarding pass. Some parents would bring their kids in to play on the computer while they worked. The lobby 'search' computer for activities and restaurants didn't work. Very little around hotel for food, other than fast.
    Not bad for price. Holiday Inn Express is closer if you walk to Universal.
    Get a car if you plan to go to Disney. If it's Universal and Sea World, or Wet N Wild, you can use the Trolley.

Unique Quality: Again, the pictures were professionally done. The areas shown weren't quite that bright and beautiful. The pool is NOT as large as it looks in the pictures. Getting 3 familes in the with 2-3 kids each will make it crowded.

Directions: About 2 miles outside of Universal Studios.

More about Wingate Inn Orlando International Airport

Winner!!

by TripAdvisor Member gottagit

What is pleasant surprise! Listed as a 3 star...I'd grade it closer to a 3.5 if they'd make a few upgrades. Just a pit stop away from the airport...so if you've been in the air all day, this hotel makes it a perfect place to recover. The pleasant front desk was great, in my room in less than 5 minutes. The room was very nice, tastefully decorated, upgrading the linens(attention Wingate-higher quality linens/ duvet, fitted sheets, magnified mirror, would help your cause).Roomy, quiet even though the hotel is on a major artery, except for some mold noted around the tub caulking-come on Wingate-a little reminder-a spritz of bleach will take care of it!!! What sells me on this place are the little things...complementary in room wired and wireless internet, neutrogens bath products, and the hot breakfast(included in the room price)was more than adequate and complementary 24/7 hot drink service was appreciated. The free business center came in handy for last minute copying, printing. The work out room was basic but acceptable and the hot tub looked inviting-though I didn't use it-I don't use public hot tubs. Climate control a/c was also very effective. Overall, for $79, I got my money's worth . I will stay here next time.

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

by TripAdvisor Member emeraldskye

I can't say enough good things about this place! Great staff, nicely decorated and clean room, awesome continental breakfast with both hot and cold selections. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Great airport location and not too far from area attractions. It would be a bit of a drive to Disney, Sea World, Etc, but all via main highways. Do yourself and your family a favor and stay at the Wingate Inn!

comfortable convenience

by TripAdvisor Member taith

Our bedroom was clean and comfortable and enabled us to have a good night's sleep before our flight home. Staff were friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was adequate, though not the best we have had on our travels.

There is parking next to the hotel, which is convenient. The drive to the airport took us about 15 minutes.

Absolutely wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member lcavett

This hotel has great perks! Free shuttle to and from airport. Very comfortable rooms (we stayed before and after a cruise). Really good resturants within walking distance. And we were told by locals, that it is a relatively safe location.

The only issue we had is that the hotel changed shuttle companys from the time I booked the reservation. the service very reluctantly honored the original price that I was given for transportation to Port Canaveral but eventually honored it. (I paid $40.00 per person round trip) If you are cruising, check prices I was quoted some as high as 80.00 per person round trip.)

Another tip, it is $35.00 to go to the Florida Mall (5 miles) from the hotel. You can go across the street and catch Lynx #42 and it is $1.50 per person. The hotel has a "taxi/information" company in the lobby so this info is not readily availabl. However, the manager printed me a bus schedule and was very helpful.

Just me and hubby stayed here. In my opinion if you're heading to Orlando for the parks, with kids, this is not your best bet. Ideal for airport or cruise travel and it is really geared for business travel. (outstanding fitness room, but a very small pool area) What I really enjoyed is that I felt that everything was taken care of.

I would stay here again in heartbeat. Very quiet and relaxing.

Great stay & great price (i.e. not too expensive)

by TripAdvisor Member mam2109

We recently stayed at the Wingate Inn - Orlando Airport and were VERY impressed with this hotel. It was clean, quiet, the room was huge with a king-size bed, chaise lounge/chair unit, and still there was lots of room to move around. I originally booked the hotel just for the first night of our 12 day stay in Florida, then we went to an Orlando resort for a week and then west to the Gulf Coast for 3 nights. I was SO impressed with the hotel that I booked the last night of our trip to Florida there too; the night before we were to fly out early. I will definately choose this hotel again, if I ever need accomodations close to the Orlando airport. Before booking this hotel, I read a lot of reviews on many other hotels in the vicinity of the airport & this one deservedly had the best reviews. Even though we only paid $89 US, pus state taxes, it seemed like we were in a hotel that would charge much more per night. There was also a free continental breakfast in the morning, and while no one should expect the food to be equivalent to a 5-star restaraunt, there was a lot of selection & it was good. There were waffles, eggs, sausage patties, french toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, pastries, cereals, coffee & also juices. It was more than many other continental breakfasts that I have been offered in other hotels I have stayed at!!!! Stay here - you will not be disappointed.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member av8tor17b

I booked through travelocity.com.

It was much better than I had expected. Nearly brand new, walking distance to Chillis, Applebees, and Tony Roma's.

Clean room, nice people, hot breakfast. And since it was off season, I ended up paying next to nothing by going through Travelocity and doing a flight/hotel package deal. It ended up costing me only about 60 bucks this way.

The only drawback is an outdoor pool, which is very small. Other than that,. it was a great expereince and I highly recommend to anyone going to Orlando.

Wonderful Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Kalexic

I stayed at this hotel after reading several positive reviews. I am pleased to add my own positive review to the list. The hotel was wonderful! Very clean and quiet, friendly staff always willing to help and located near the airport, restaurants, and fun attractions. The room was also very neat, clean, and comfortable and extremly affordable. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Good, inexpensive choice near the airport

by TripAdvisor Member eromitlabhitw

This is a fairly new hotel, so everything is bright and clean. This hotel reminded me a lot of a Hampton Inn, but with larger rooms. The room had a fridge and microwave, which was helpful. There are a couple of Publix grocery stores nearby (Hoffner & Conway, Semoran between Pershing and Lake Margaret) to stock that fridge; plenty of good restaurants within walking distance. Beds and amenities are good, as is the free breakfast buffet. Only complaint would be a shortage of parking; came back to the hotel early Sunday morning to find every spot in the lot filled, but was able to park at the curb in front of the building. Also, there's a shortage of good ways to get across town to I-4 and the theme parks without having to pay $1.50 each time each way on the Beachline (hardly the hotel's fault, and it should be noted that access to the Beachline is easy). A lot of maps have Hoffner Avenue marked as a major east-west route... it's not. It's mostly a winding two-lane residential street west of Semoran, and it ends at OBT.

Decent place if the price is right

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaNeil

Clean hotel, very close to the airport. Free internet access in the business center and free breakfast. The breakfast was adequate although the eggs seemed to be from powder. Anytime I have free food, I'm happy and this continental breakfast was average. I'm not really a picky eater so I was able to find things to enjoy.

We were given a handicapped accessible room which was fine. However, we were never informed of the type of room when we checked in. Although the room was adequate, the only major deficiency was the pillows. They were very flimsy and of low quality. Overall the room had a very above average decor (granite/marble) and was clean.

In all, we got a good bargain for a one-night stay prior to flying out of the Orlando Airport. We've stayed in many of the hotels in the Orlando area over the years and would stay again at the Wingate if the price was right.

Service without a smile - Beware of overcharge

by TripAdvisor Member SofiaReiziger

Stayed there for one night. The room was adequate with decent bed and fast internet connection. The bathroom was clean but the room carpet was worn and sticky.
Breakfast was skimpy and slow. The scrambled egg was dried and brought out by a surly kitchen employee after repeated requests by several customers waiting for the food.
When I checked out, my bill showed an extra $20 for "Checked Out" I questioned the employee at the reception desk, he could not explain what that charge was for and reluctantly entered a refund on my credit card.
Will not stay there again!

JumpingSong-Ann,The TravelSlut-Gillybob,Orlando,FLJumpingSong-Ann,The TravelSlut-Gillybob,Orlando,FL

Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic KingdomMain Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom

Me and Tracy being daft at Discovery Cove.Me and Tracy being daft at Discovery Cove.

View of parkView of park

Which value resort?

by Jefie

Hello all! I need help deciding between staying at the All-Star Music resort or the Pop Century one. Any tips/advice?? Thanks!

by Dabs

The last couple of times we went to Disneyland/Disney World, I found these couple of websites to be extremely helpful

by Jefie

Thanks Kristi, I'll look it up!

by NewYorkPrincess

There really isn't much of a diffrence beside room decoration. It's a pretty basic yet clean Disney Value resort. Be prepared the value resorts tend to be flooded with more kids than the other Disney resorts.

by moiraistyx

Some friends of mine stayed at the pop resort and loved it.

by Jefie

Thanks everyone! I'll be traveling with two teenagers and they're really not picky, so that's why we decided to go with a value resort. After reading through different boards we've decided to stay at Pop, we'll see how it goes!

Comments