World Quest Resort

WorldQuest Orlando Resort
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about World Quest Resort

Not good for families with children

by TripAdvisor Member ricoMassachusetts

We stayed at the Worldquest in early March. The resort is new, so everything is still clean, though there is still construction going on. The pool is large, but NOT heated, so it was freezing cold when we were there. Almost no one used it and you were only able to stay in a few minutes.

During our stay we had no contact from anyone at the resort. This is good in terms of not being bothered about timeshare opportuniites, but bad in that no one really seemed to care about how your stay was. We called the front desk one evening looking for a pizza delivery recommendation, but the desk person/concierge said they didn't know of a pizza delivery and offered no other help. ????

The worst part of the stay was when our family, we have 2 children, were in the hot tub (out of the freezing pool) the day before we left. A group came to the hot tub and began a "photo shoot" of bikini clad "models" in poses that were quite inappropriate for children!!! We left quickly and complained to the desk and asked for an explanation. We were told that a manager would contact us, but we never heard a word from them. I suspect that the lack of customer service will be a problem for this resort. Nice enough for a bachelor party maybe, but very poor marks as a family oriented resort.

Loved this resort!

by TripAdvisor Member flash7266

We just returned from a week-long stay at the WorldQuest Resort. Our unit (3-bedroom) was lovely and spacious. Very nicely decorated and still seemed brand new. We enjoyed having the screened-in balcony with a view of the pool. The kids liked the jacuzzi tub and we always had plenty of hot water.

The kitchen had everything necessary for preparing a meal although we did not cook anything while we were there. The breakfast that was provided in the clubhouse was great for us and was all we needed before a day at the parks. They had cereal, bagels, pastries, breads and some fruits and juices.

The beautiful, heated pool was a perfect place to relax after a tiring day at Disney. Our two children (9 & 10) couldn't wait to get back to swim there every day.

We also enjoyed the evening snack (9-10 pm) of brownies and cookies that was provided nightly.

The staff was courteous and helpful and the resort now has shuttle service available to the parks although we didn't use the service.

We had no trouble finding the WorldQuest because an earlier traveler mentioned that it is behind the Nick hotel. It is easy to find if you turn off of Rt. 536 like you were going to the Nick hotel, but go past the entrance. After the stop sign, continue straight and this resort is on your left. The resort is very close to the Disney parks and a short drive to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Our family would definately stay there again and would recommend it to other families!

great resort!!

by TripAdvisor Member alyssa927

My family just came back from a 10 day stay at the WorldQuest Resort. This place is fabulous. We stayed from the 17th to the 26th. The pool is beautiful and it was heated contrary to other reviews i read. My 9 year old daughter had a blast in the pool. The rooms were quite spacious perfect for all 5 of us. We had the 3 bedroom 3 bath unit and it was great. The only complaint we really had is the the maids did not come and clean the room until between 5pm and 6pm. Which was fine if we were at the parks but kind of a pain on the days we weren't at the parks. Other than that we loved it, and plan on returning again.

Great base for Disney

by TripAdvisor Member Nickypoo

Wonderful and clean. My only complaint is how noise carries from other ocupants. The breakfast is good, pool warm and staff friendly and helpful.

You will need a car, this is a perfect spot for theme parks, close to
I192, International Drive, outlets and only a 20 min drive from the airport (MCO).

Terrific place!

by TripAdvisor Member jumpin'out

We just came back from a 10-night stay at Worldquest and it was just about perfect. I won't repeat what has already been said, except that the rooms were nearly new and very nicely decorated, clean, and the screened patio was wonderful. The pool was warm and uncrowded. The two concerns I had going in were both unfounded: there was no noticable noise from construction during our stay, and the hotel was not at all in an area of congested traffic. It was truly only 10-15 minutes to the Disney parks once we figured out how to get around, and being so close to the interstate, it was easy to get anywhere else as well. I do agree that they could lay off the pool music a bit...wouldn't 10 AM to 8 PM be sufficient instead of 8 AM to 10 PM? It did wake me up the first morning, but after the first few days it didn't bother us as much. It really couldn't be heard in the bedrooms toward the entrance of the unit. My only other complaint was rather bizarre...certain lamps in the unit are wired to some sort of automatic system such that they appear to randomly switch on and off at times. This led to interesting conversation as well as at least two rude awakenings in the middle of the night. If or when we go back I will inquire as to how to switch off or control this. The housekeepers were terrific as well and were wonderful about working around our activities and our sons' naps in the afternoon. Our kitchen was well equipped with a full set of dishes, pots and pans, even placemats and linen napkins. Also, with 5-6 people in our second-floor unit, we never had any trouble with hot water, although we didn't often all shower around the same time. I would highly recommend Worldquest to anyone, although I do hope it doesn't get too crowded or expensive so we can return in the future!

Wonderful!!!

by TripAdvisor Member dawn67

What a great place. The condo amenities were perfect. The resort was very clean. Service was fast and accurate. The location is perfect to visit all the different theme parks. Very friendly. The best part...not being squished in a little hotel room. We had the 3 bedroom unit which included a great screened in balcony. The pool was spotless and not crowdwd. Great place to stay. The worst part was directions. The turn is not properly labeled. Just know, turn at the Nickolodian Resort. Happy vacationing!!!

Nice place to stay that's close to everything, but not too close

by TripAdvisor Member pgalinis

Just got back from a 9 day stay at WorldQuest. Most of my comments have already been stated by other people - convenient location for all attractions in Orlando and surrounding areas, only a 20 min ride from the airport, near grocery stores, drug stores, restaurants.

We stayed in a 3-bed, 2-bath unit in building #3 that was handicap accessible. We loved the fact that our unit had an exclusive staircase to the door - no worries about noisy neighbors! My young children had trouble reaching the bathroom sinks since they were higher to accommodate someone in a wheelchair. We did not have a problem with hearing the pool music from our unit. We DID have a problem hearing a metal fence door to the pool slam every 5 minutes. We had complained and a maintenance man was checking the door out within minutes of our call. Only problem was that the fix didn't last and the door was back to slamming for the remainder of our vacation. This was most annoying when we were sitting in the screened in porch on a perfectly quiet morning.

Their free continental breakfast was great - no need to keep anything on hand for breakfast since it was fully stocked. We brought a grocery bag with and filled it up each morning.

I would also advise against their concierge service - my husband had asked for a dinner recommendation so we could have a nice anniversary dinner and they sent us to a horrible all-u-can-eat lobster place.

With two small children the pool was great but it would have been better if the children's pool & playground was completed. I guess that's in a later construction stage.

The ONLY other complaint I had was about the floors - they were filthy! I don't know what the problem was but by the end of the day the bottoms of our feet were black. We did not wear shoes in the unit, I watched the housekeeping mop the floors, we didn't go outside without shoes. The housekeeping otherwise was fantastic, very acommodating.

Loved WorldQuest!!

by TripAdvisor Member chubbles777

This is truly one of the best places I have stayed at! We had trouble finding it, since it is fairly new. The sign posting the resort was not large enough and we ended up passing it a couple of times. The rooms are big and it felt just like home. The staff was friendly and clean. The pool is huge and clean. They have snack time from 5pm to 7pm and a nice nighttime treat, usually brownies and cookies. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Orlando and it's a five minute drive to disney world and seaworld.

Very nice except for the construction

by TripAdvisor Member TravelfanNH

We stayed at the World Quest for 8 nights in a 3 bedroom 2 bath unit with our 3 daughters, 2 of which are teenagers. The accomodations worked out perfectly for our needs. Everyone had their own space at the end of a long day at the parks. The pool area was beautiful and a nice temperature on even colder evenings. It is very close to Disney but you do need a car to access the parks and other area attractions. My only complaint is that we asked for a pool view room and they said all rooms faced the pool. The pool could not be seen from any vantage point of our room. Instead we had a great view of the construction next door and were woken up every morning to hammers and construction noise. Luckily we are early risers. We arrived very late on a Thursday night and when we asked to be moved we were told they were sold out and we could not move until probably Sunday or Monday. They never followed up with us on this and by Sunday we were settled in and didn't feel like using our precious vacation time to pack up and move so we stayed put. Overall, I would definitetly stay again if the price is right and they could guarantee me a non construction view. Be aware that they do charge a daily fee for Internet service and ours did not work initiaily but a repair man quickly came to fix the problem.

We enjoyed Worldquest Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member pink_thread

I just got back from a long Mother's Day weekend in Orlando. My daughters and I stayed at Worldquest Resort and we were not disappointed!

We had a very late arrival (after midnight) but the front desk personnel were very friendly. We stayed in Building three, in a two bedroom unit. While I think the word "luxury" is a bit much, we enjoyed the space; especially the enclosed porch. The only "complaint" we had was simply an observation--who designed their electrical? None of the light switches were in obvious places! Housekeeping was excellent. The pool very nice.

Most importantly, the close proximity to Disney World was a PLUS! They do have shuttles now but I don't recommend them. Driving to the parks was incredibly fast. We were parked at Magic Kingdom in 10 minutes! As far as directions go, we used the Nickolodean Resort as a landmark--easy to find Worldquest from there. Cross over from World Gate to South International Drive. Almost no traffic. Another plus!

We took advantage of the big breakfast where water and bottled drinks were available. No need to purchase the first drinks of the day.

We highly recommend Worldquest.

cafe trasteverecafe trastevere

On the Disney Magical ExpressOn the Disney Magical Express

Space Mountain - Disney Magic KingdomSpace Mountain - Disney Magic Kingdom

MonkeysMonkeys

Orlando Weather

by rlg2706

I'm staying in Orlando for 3 weeks starting in mid May. I have looked at weather sites to find out about temperature and rainfall. Just wondered if it was worth taking a rain coat or not ( I want to travel light!). Could I risk not taking one? Also does anyone know at what time of the evening the sun sets at that time of year? Are the evenings long and light? I will be grateful for any replies as it will help with my holiday planning/packing. Many thanks...

by counsel14

You're going to love May in OrlandO!
The weather should be fair for most of the month (hurricane season hasn't started yet), and the average temps will be between 68 degrees at night to 78-82 degrees during the daytime. Forget the raincoat. If you're really worried, take along a small folding umbrella and carry it in your pack (or purse as the case may be).
It's going to be such a beautiful time to visit. i envy you the trip!
Susan

by ricky52

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Orlando for this time of year.
Enjoy your holiday.

Hours of sun 9
Daylight hours 14
UV level 11 = Extreme
Humidity = Very High

A small umbrella will do.

by Beausoleil

Now you can calculate sunrise - sunset any place at any time. 8^)

Have a good trip.

by rlg2706

Thanks so much for your replies. This may sound silly, but I hadn't even considered taking an umbrella! I have three kids and usually end up carrying everybody's raincoats when they get hot so umbrellas sound like an easier solution. I will check out the website to find out the sunset time. I didn't know about that, thanks for sharing the info.

by jumpingnorman

yes, I've been to Orlando in May and the weather was great. However, as pointed out, weather changes are universal and if you google undergroung weather and look at their trip planner, you will find what has happened in the past few years in the area you are visiting....have fun, Norman :)

by rlg2706

Thanks for the tip about the wunderground website. I've had a look and it's fantastic!

by ricky52

wunderground used to be great for weather forecasts but they have become lazy lately and not putting as much information as they used to.

by NewYorkPrincess

I always carry an umbrell and lightweight rain poncho when travelling. Florida in May can be prone to some rain. Florida rain can come out of nowhere and be quite hard. Be prepared and stay dry

Comments