Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

9560 Via Encinas, (formerly Fairfield Bonnet Creek), Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com WYBonnetCreek.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• GreenOlive's Profile Photo

So far, so good!

I arrived three days ago and everything is great so far! Check in was not too bad (i was expecting something much more annoying after reading previous reviews). I let them know right away that i was NOT interested in purchasing timeshare. My suite has a great view, it was clean and everything works great! I was very impressed with the kitchen. Yes, the furniture is not made in 2013, but it looks just fine (no stains, no smell). I had a chance to visit the gym and the pool downstairs. I love it so far!

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Presidential Suite

That was not our first stay here, but this time we booked the four bedroom presidential suite.
    I do like this resort...love the pools...love location and never had any problems with rooms or service. This time i was a bit disappointed. The moment we walked inside i saw dust all over the place : ( Floor wasn't clean. I had to wipe all tables, tv stand, the counter and sweep the floor (our one year old will eat anything he finds on the floor)!!!!! Also i didn't find any salt and pepper in the kitchen and no dishwasher detergent. Someone already mentioned those annoying phone calls early in the morning that made me unplug all phones in the suite : ) ...aaand i do not know if it is a regular thing, but the fire alarm tests almost every morning around 10-11 (nap time for my baby) is not something i was looking for. Other then that everything was great. My favorite part - a huge balcony with the wonderful view!!!!!

• JennaTailor's Profile Photo

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

We stayed in this resort twice and loved it both times. I can't say anything about the check in proses (my husband took care of it), but our stay was just perfect. Rooms were clean, all appliances were working fine and the AC was not too loud. I felt like home.
    The only negative thing i would like to mention is the pizza/pasta fliers that we found underneath our door every single day. We ordered once and were very disappointed. VERY bad service and food! This little restaurants are not affiliated with the resort in any way. Do not order from them...just call Papa Johns.

• Worst Resort Stay Ever.....

We were visiting from overseas for two weeks, to do the sites and decided to try two hotels, one week each at 2 supposed premium hotels, we first stay at the Orlando Marriott's Imperial Palm Villas the 1st week, this place was totally first class on everything, the entire stay 100% satisfaction, highly recommended.

Our 2nd week we went to Bonnet Creek Orlando, on appearance it looks great, a huge hotel resort complex. Once you enter, to check in, you find a two phase check process, the truth now starts, after the first long line at the front desk and verifying your personal check in information and ensuring you have paid, you proceed to the second phase and another long line, on the other side of this large room, before getting the room keys, you encounter low class staff trained with high pressure tactics on selling you time share, total invasion of privacy and extremely poor customer service.

Beware of them trying to get all kind of personal information from you, to which they wouldn't let us have our room keys until it was provided, even after telling them, that their line of questioning was unacceptable, intrusive and made us totally uncomfortable (we made up all of it, to get the room keys and went to the management).

Consider that we had already paid 100% of this hotel 2 weeks earlier before arriving. We went over to the manager and after expressing what just occurred, he told us that it was an acceptable practice of Wyndam to pressure and even insult guest who didn't want to do the time share tours or provide all the answers on the time share forms they ask and that he, nor the hotel couldn't do anything about it.

Once we made it to our room, it was not very clean and the air conditioner didn't work or never lower the temp to a comfortable level, noisy environment from construction starting at 6AM each day, TV remotes didn't work, toilet wouldn't flush properly, jacuzzi didn't work, reported problems to no avail, all the halls in the hotel hot/dirty, air not working there either, staff in general incompetent and non responsive. We hated it so much, 100% dis-satisfaction, we moved our flight schedule to an asap earlier date and checked out 3 nights later of a 7 night stay, even as the entire week was paid in full. They wouldn't refund any portion of the total, considering all the issues/complaints. For the price you pay at this zero star resort, you can do absolutely better elsewhere, awful resort, if we lived in the U.S., I'm certain we could of sued the hotel and won............

• Worst Resort ever!!!!!!!!!!!

• Disappointing and Nevermore

The location, views, amenities are great however...be sure to request no solicitation phone calls from staff calling to attend the BC timeshare presentation or just leave your phone off the hook. They called every day we left the phone plugged in. How annoying! Disney and Marriott do not have to pander to buyers.
    Bedding; the older 2 bedroom units have thin sheets with ineffective allergy barriers. Lack of vacuuming or dusting may also be the issue. Stayed at a Disney resort and had no problem with allergies. Had to be on antihistamines at Bonnet Creek and still had allergy issues. Sinus headaches on vacation are no fun!
    Room with a view? Stayed several years on site and requested room with water view. 2 times told no and was moved the day after check-in. Requests are not guaranteed we were told but why not offer an upgrade...pay for the view like Disney Vacation Club Members? Or assign owners a specific view like Marriott Vacation Clubs. Instead you drive forever to get there only to be told your requested view is unavailable. Plus, the vertically challenged clerk at check-in didn't seem to care and said we COULD NOT change rooms the next day. Fortunately, we were able to appeal to a higher, literally, authority. We will be staying at our Disney timeshare in the future where we are certain we will not be viewing a parking lot since we'll pay ahead for an upgraded pool/water view.
    Furnishings. The older 2 bdrm units are ok until you stay in a 3 bdrm presidential suite and realize the furnishings and bedding in the old units are subpar. An apology from the resort manager for torn leather furniture was left, blaming it on the manufacturer, but we felt BC was being cheap and trying to save a dime by not replacing damaged furnishings. Too bad, because other than a few complaints that could be easily addressed, this resort would be our first choice. We rent from owners...sorry, we are "Guests", not renters as BC sales staff corrected us, and would be glad to continue to stay there, but for the above.
    Upgrade the bedding for those with allergies, swap out damaged leather couches and chairs, hire staff that give a darn, give everyone an opt out option for sales solicitations and let guests book a room with their chosen view which is held for them until check-in. We would rather spend our money where we know staff are attentive to guests requests. Disney even sends an after-stay guest survey! Won't see one from Bonnet Creek even though they have our name and address. Too Bad for them, but I doubt they'll miss us or people like us as their property and desire to stay there degrades. Guests should be listened to, not herded in and out like cattle with the bottom line being the most important thing to resort management.

More about Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

bonnet creek is the best

by TripAdvisor Member gale2767

My mom and i were at Bonnet creek in early January, and we so amazed at how beautiful this place it it like heaven on earth. The staff there is very helpful and kind and I cant wait to go back there again on my next vacation

Bonnet Creek is Out Of This World!

by TripAdvisor Member Rissy614

My Boyfriend and I stayed at Bonnet Creek in Orlando Florida for 5 day this past March and it was Great. The resort is located withing the Gates of Disney and is located only a few minutes from all of Disney's Parks. It is less than a mile from Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island which is also a great experience if you have never been. There is a full kitchen with all the appliances and utencils needed to cook three meals a day if you want to save on eating out. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and shower along with two vanities. The room have a livingroom with a TV, DVD player, and Stereo along with a breath taking view of the lake from your own personal balcony. There are currently 2 pools and a lazy river that is heated. They are also building an additional pool. I would suggest this resort to all my friends when traveling to Disney.

All I can say is WOW!

by TripAdvisor Member OleMissLaw

We stayed at Bonnet Creek the last week of Feb. It was absolutely amazing, better than I ever expected. This hotel is CLEAN, very clean, which extremely important to me. The pools were fabulous. You cant even compare this hotel to many others on this site because of the amount of room that you get. We had a two bedroom deluxe and it was HUGE. My family of four will never stay in a one room hotel again. In fact, as far as Disney vacations go, we will never stay anywhere but Bonnet Creek ever again. Also, while we were there they announced a new shuttle schedule that will allowe more flexibility in getting to Disney so the transportation problems that some others had mentioned are no longer an issue. I cant wait to go back!

Perfect Location

by TripAdvisor Member FaxineFulton

We've just returned from spending 1 week (1/20 - 1/27/07)at Bonnet Creek Resort.
It's in the middle of the Disney World compound. You can't get much closer than that. We were 4 minutes from our parking lot to Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island and 6 minutes from our parking lot to Epcot parking lot.
Our 1 bedroom accomodations were perfect for my husband and I.
Although we rented a car for our entire vacation we took the free shuttle to and from the resort to the 4 Theme Parks. We had absolutely no problems. The shuttle was very timely.
We would have like a restaurant on site. We would not hestitate to stay there again.

Love It!!!! It is awesome!!! Everyone should have this type experience!!

by TripAdvisor Member FL02120742

My family and I visited Bonnet Creek in July of 2005, 2006, and December of 2006. The experience was wonderful. Therefore, we actually bought into the Bonnet Creek Timeshare Resort. My children loved being located within the gates of the Disney and just one mile from Disney's Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios and Epcot. At night we could stand on the balcony of unit an watch the spectacular view of the Disney's Magic Kingdom and Epcot' firework show. Downtown Disney was just located two miles from the resort and the kids and other family members loved the shopping experience . The resort itself features a contemporary mediterranean style. It is very laviously decorated. The resort is surrounding a lake and future plans include building a modern golf course similar to that high profiled golfers use. On site amendites include two outdoor pools, hot tubs, a lazy river and a children's pool with interactive water games., miniature golf area. A game room and health club are also available. My family loved everything everytime we went. My mother especially loved the unit. All units are equipped with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, whirlpool tub with jet motors, television/DVD/Video Game System. She loved it and said it reminded her of being home, therefore, she cooked and washed everyday. It was our home away from home. The resort also provived auto rental and discount theme park ticket purchasing information as well as a pool side bar and grill. What more could you ask for?? What about: complimentary transportation services? Yes, guests are provided with transportation services to and from the Disney theme parks. Bonnet Creek Resort offers its guests welcome receptions once per week, which include complimentary wine, chips and salsa, assorted snacks, door prizes and live entertainment.

Nearly New Well Furnished Resort

by TripAdvisor Member ldb633

My wife and I traveled from Chicago to Orlando Dec 8, 2006 through Dec 10, 2006 to celebrate our anniversary in a warmer climate. The Bonnet Creek is a lovely place inside and out. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit with 2 baths. This was our 3rd time traveling as a couple at a Fairfield timeshare resort. The décor at Bonnet Creek was the best so far. There were a lot of pictures, exciting lighting, and nice small touches in the living room and dining area. All of the rooms were immaculately clean. The bedrooms and bathrooms were very spacious and well stocked. The kitchen had all the utensils and equipment needed to cook and serve any meal. And of course we had a single washer and dryer.
The queen size bed was comfortable, but there’s no bed like home. I was impressed by how big the balcony was. The master bedroom had a fairly large TV, I’d guess it was a 25”, but living room TV was the only one with a DVD player. Having a DVD player in every room might be asking a bit much. So my one real complaint is that the whirlpool tub was considerably smaller than the ones we’ve experienced at the other two Fairfield properties we’d visited. As spacious as the unit was as a whole, it was a shame to allocate such little space to the whirlpool.
There was a tower under construction that was nearly complete. Fortunately we did not hear any noise from the crew as the exterior building was already complete.
We didn’t bring the kids so I can not talk much about Disney. I know that it was only a minute or two away in a car. Seemed that most of the other guests were there with their kids to enjoy Disney.
The service was very friendly and there are plenty of in-house activities and play/pool/activity areas to keep you occupied when you are not at Disney. I would strongly suggest anyone in the Orlando area to stay here. Anyone who has never been to a quality timeshare resort will be wowed by the cleanliness, superior furnishings, amenities, and full kitchen at the Bonnet Creek. Fairfield really seemed to have put the money in to make ALL of the units really be a step above the expectations of their owners.

Excellent Accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member SerendipityVilla

We stayed at Bonnet Creek from December 29th for 1 week and had a 2 bedroom apartment rented directly from an owner. The decor and furnishings are luxurious, the staff extremely courteous and the amenities excellent. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you could need, the bed very comfortable, the en-suite bathroom nice with a hot tub and there are full laundry facilities within the apartment. The sofa was unfortunately fairly uncomfortable, probably purchased more for looks than guest comfort. The location is excellent for the parks - being the only non Disney owned resort on the Disney property. You will still need a car to get out and about though, there is very little else within 'easy' reach and virtually nothing within walking distance.
Come out of the property to the main road, go straight over the lights and turn first left and you are at the back of Epcot, at the staff carpark, where you can watch the fireworks sat in your car.
Great accommodation and would certainly stay here again.

the best yet

by TripAdvisor Member garthene

we just got back from a trip to bonnet creek. let me just say its the best. i mean you can just stay right there on the property and be able to keep your kids occupied. the lazy river is the best. big hit with kids. also the pool by tower 2 &3 was a hit too. (it has the slide) we stayed from dec 29 2006 to jan 1 2007. ringing in the new year that close to disney and getting to see the fireworks was great. we were on the 5th floor of tower 2 and the only bad part was that we werent on the lake side(which means we walked down the hall to the foyer of the elevators and watched the fireworks through the window instead of on the balcony) i recommend requesting lake side if you are going to be in towers 1, 2, or 3 if you want to watch fireworks at night from disney. unfortunately i didnt get the camera out i was to busy doing things with the kids i forgot.
ok about the timeshare spill yeah we already own in fairfield (wyndham) and yes we did go to the spill and yes we did buy at bonnet creek too. i must say they werent as organized as they should be. it took like 4.5 to 5 hours but thats because they got some information wrong on the closing and had to redo the paperwork. we got 75.00 for going. in our party i had a total of 12 people. we got 2 two bedroom deluxe rooms. i had to call for maintence twice. once in my room for ac it didnt work first night we were their. so called next morning and they were there in a snap and fixed problem. the guy that came to fix was very appoligetic. on the other room the toilets wouldnt flush correctly and they had to fix them after fixing ac. but there again very apoligetic. the activities room for kids was great. on sunday its make your own sundae. so me and the kids and grandpa went down to make our own sundae. they were yummy too. the personell in there helping the kids and i were great and freindly. one is the lifeguard at the slide pool and my oldest son i think bugged her to death at pool and she ended up helping him with sundae. she remembered his name and that impressed me. at least she didnt try to avoid him. they have pool games for kids also which were great. well i think i wrote enough and i think i know where im going to take our summer vacation.

Fabulous Resort!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member streetrod_momma_of_2

This resort is absolutely fabulous. We stayed at the resort 11/26-12/2 in a one bedroom for two adults and two children. It was very comfortable and roomy for us.

I was so excited when I saw the room...the decor is top notch! For the past two years we have stayed on Disney property at the Contemporary Resort and the Boardwalk Villas. This resort has so much more to offer for the money than those on Disney property.

We were in Tower #3 facing toward the small lake/pond. Two more towers are being constructed at this time (which we were facing) .....we were not disturbed at all by the construction taking place. That was one of my concerns with having two small children that take daily naps.

Each night, we were able to sit on the balcony or watch from the bedroom window the fireworks display from Epcot...very beautiful.

The kitchen has a full-size refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. It was stocked with all untensils, cookware, dinnerware, etc. that you would need to cook meals.

Having a washer/dryer in the room was also a plus. I had all of our laundry clean and packed when returning home....that was one less thing to do once we returned home. I was able to fold laundry while the kids took a nap.

The resort has many amenities to offer......two swimming pool areas - one at the main tower and one between towers 2&3, lazy river at the main tower, craft center, miniature golf, grilling area and a playground between towers 1&2.

There are just not enough words to describe this resort. It is located right next to the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort. It is just a short drive to each Disney theme park.

Parking is $10 per day per car since this resort is not "Disney" property. Also, you can't take advantage of the extra magic hours at Disney since this resort is not "Disney" property. However, this did not matter to us.

I highly recommend staying at this resort for a trip to the Orlando area. Especially, if visiting the Disney theme parks.

Comments