3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 28% more and rated 26% lower than other 3.5 star hotels

• xymmot's Profile Photo

Large Resort

It was a pleasant stay but the rooms were a bit small and it reminds me of staying in a motel of 70's eventhough they have up dated the facilities. The grounds were well kept and the resort area is large. Sometime there is not enough parking spaces and you have to walk a great distance to your room. The car area for checkin was rather small and often crowed for a resort so large. Check-in took a while and then they have to explain how to get to your room and manuver the grounds. Rooms were located upon seven seperate buildings, mostly two or three story high.

Unique Quality: Great location with fine restaurants all around the resort where we venture to after dark. The traffic in the area is tricky, so be careful when crossing the streets.

Directions: Gateway to Disneyland

More about Wyndham Orlando Resort

by chrismcooper about Wyndham Orlando Resort

4* Hotel with small gym, jacuzzi, pool bar and multiple swimming pools. Set in about 48 acres of tropical landscape. Rooms are large and very well decorated. This hotel has just been given a multi-million dollar facelift.

Smashing Holiday

My husband,2 young girls and I stayed for 15 nights ( 18 July to 2 Aug 2003). We found the hotel to be excellent. Our room fortunatly, was one of the larger rooms and comfortably accomodated the 4 of us. The room and bed linen were spotless. I agree with previous complaints about the shuttle to Universal. We used taxis to get to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure as the cost was only $6 each way. We walked to Wet and Wild ( 10 Minutes), and the I Trolley ( stop right outside the hotel) took us straight to Seaworld for 75 cents each. As we were leaving some renovation work was under way on the hotel grounds. The tennis courts are being converted into a car park and one og the lagoons was drained.
Don't know why. We would definately return to this hotel. It has a fantastic location for wandering out at night to find somewhere to eat.
You can always spot the Europeans in Orlando, we are the ones walking.

Beautiful Grounds, Terrible Rooms

Very bad experience. Don't go here unless you see the room you are going to be assigned first. Carpets are aged and stained and don't appear clean. Shower curtains are mildewed. Liquid from the pipes came up into the sink. But the grounds were beautiful. If you want to sleep by the pool this is a nice resort.

Had a great time

Myself, hubby and two kids stayed at the Wyhdam for two weeks from the 25th July. Have to say we had a fantastic time - the kids especially loved the pool and the fact that it stayed open 24 hours (subject to storms). This meant some lovely evenings by the pool. The only negatives I have are regarding the room service (2 hours to get a meal on the night we arrived), and an unfortunate fire alarm incident at 1.30 in the morning - loud does not describe it!

That aside I would definately go there again, it was ideally located for all the main parks and malls, and the staff were really friendly.

What a horrible resort!

by TripAdvisor Member elynum

This resort looks beautiful on the outside but the inside needs a lot of work. The room we stayed in had a horrible mildew smell and various stains throught the carpet. The shower curtains were not clean. We asked to be changed to another room because of the smell and the hotel attendants were not friendly about it. The other room had stains on the carpet also. They really need to either shampoo their carpet or replace it. Even the hallways were dirty. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel. Also, they need to get friendlier hotel attendants. I would advise people to stay away from this hotel. I cancelled my second reservation to stay the last half of my trip for another hotel in Orlando I was so disgusted.

Okay but no thank you.

When I booked the hotel I was really excited. Wow, I'm staying at the Wyndham. That excitment ended when I arrived at the hotel. First they assigned my room and when I openeded the door the room was a disaster.
The beds were unmade, a used coffee cup was on the table and the ironing board was out. I called the front desk and they moved me to a new room. When I got in the new room the phone was dead and the night stand was filthy. I called them once again and they moved me to another room. This time security came to let us in the new room and everything seemeed fine. However there was a big red stain by the bed. They had also told me that someone would bring by a key to the new room. 30 minutes later when I wanted to go out there was still no key. I went to the front desk, they did apologize and gave me two free breakfast buffets in the hotel resaturant. THe buffet was nothing to write home about, the food was cold. By the way, when I left on Sunday August 24 the first room was still unattended to with unmade beds. Not a bad location so just pick a different hotel.

Very happy with this hotel!

My family group of seven reserved two rooms here for one night via Priceline. Having never seen the hotel and after reading some of the reviews we were a bit apprehensive. We were PLEASANTLY surprised. This is certainly NOT a new property, but the grounds are gorgeous and our rooms were perfectly clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We arrived in a 30 foot motorhome which necessitated parking a LONG way from our room The staff bent over backwards to get us properly parked and transferred us and our luggage via golf cart to our room Service was exceptional. I didn't use any of the amenities outside of the room so I can't adress those issues, but as a place to stay for the night I was extrememly pleased.

4*? No way.

by TripAdvisor Member Slowhand

We stayed here for 2 weeks in February 03 on the recommendation of a friend. When we pulled up we were very pleased...beautiful grounds lovely reception and friendly greeting. However, when we saw our " suite" we were disgusted. It was only a room not a suite, the carpet was filthy and the bedlinen didn't look as though it had ever seen an iron.We asked to move immediateltly but were told that no room woukd be free until the next day.The night was a nightmare. We were by a walkway and a large vending machine which was used all through the night and the noise was horrendous through the thin walls. Due to jet lag we woke early and decided to get on for the day...the hairdryer didn't work snd reception didn't answer the phones, so it meant a long walk to talk to them. HOWEVER, it was six a.m and they were most helpful and said they would send someone straight away. By the time we had walked back a man had been in and fitted a new unit!!! Great service. The following day we were moved to another room opposite the Grand Lawn which had a much better outlook although it was still grubby and dingy. All the rooms are under cover of overhanginging walkways so very little natural light gets through.We were near to the main swimming pool area which was great with free use of kids toys , towels, even sun cream. The breakfasts were good with great service and lots of information from RON.The hotel is in a brilliant location on I Drive and once we had got used to the room we had a great holiday.We will return again in the future but unless the Wyndham has a major refurbishment we will not stay there again. 4*?? No way.

Absolutely Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member yes2travel

Just back from a labor day weekend stay at the Wyndham. The grounds were lovely, the pool, sauna, W/P etc. were all excellent and the room was immaculate. I booked through Priceline and expected to get a room facing the parking lot, but that was not the case. I got a lovely king size room facing the gardens, pond and pool area. The breakfast buffet was excellent and a very good value for the dollar. The front desk staff were very helpful, friendly and respectful. I travel frequently for business (50+ nights per year) staying at 4 and 5 star hotels and found this hotel to be top notch. In fact I would say it was better than some of the 4 star properties I've been to! I would come back here in a heartbeat.....Priceline deal or not!

Southern Dunes Villa - Easter 2006

by mactavs

Looking at villa in Southern Dunes as has communal facilities.As we are coming out end March until 13th April (just before Easter), is this location a bit far for visiting WD parks etc - in other words will traffic be very heavy and we'll spend a lot of time travelling?
It's either that or a hotel like Wyndham Orlando or Residence Inn Seaworld but these work out more expensive.
Appreciate any thoughts.

RE: Southern Dunes Villa - Easter 2006

by janny53

Southern Dunes is a nice community -although some people feel it is a bit far out for their liking maybe taking 10/15 mins to get to the parks via the I-4 .Most of the communities around will have facilities -it depends what you are looking for -there are some nwere resort type ones thta have cinemas and clubhouses but you need to ask yourself if you would use them during your stay as they do twnd to work out a bit dearer.If it is basic communal facilities you want like tennis basket ball childrens play area then there are communities further up the 27 with these where the parks can be reached in 10 mins or under.good map of the different comunities and where they are is

see if there is one nearer .I like the ones nearer to the 192 junction

RE: RE: Southern Dunes Villa - Easter 2006

by mactavs

Thank you Janny for the DIBB map link - much easier to see where everything is.

RE: Southern Dunes Villa - Easter 2006

by battrat

I stayed in a villa on Southern Dunes, which is about half hour drive to DisneyWorld. Facilities are fine and there is a large Walmart on the doorstep. Only down side we found was during the night the local trains go past tooting there whistles as they go.

Comments