Wynfield Inn Orlando Convention Center

AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 23% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• Resorts

My Fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and have decided to stay at http://www.swandolphin.com This is by far the most amazing Disney World resort yet. There 17 restaurants on the resort along with access to transportation to all of the parks every 15 minutes. I think this is going to be the best place for our honeymoon because it looks so romantic and elegant.

More about Wynfield Inn Orlando Convention Center

wynfield inn

I have just returned from a 2 week stay at the wynfield inn and i was completly happy with it. We booked through virgin holidays and after reading some of the reviews on this site i was dreading going. I found it to be great value for money. Yes it is quite an old hotel but it was clean, had a quite and very effective air conditioning unit. the room was tidyied every day and loads of towels were left daily. My only complaint about the room was that the water smelt funny leaving a smell in the bathroom. We had a problem with our telephone one day and within 10 mins somebody had been sent out to fix it. Also we had a very small leak under the tap we didnt even bother to tell anyone just put a cup under it, but one of the cleaners must of spotted it because when we returned back that night the leak had been fixed. There was also a brand new fridge and microwave in our room.

The swimming pools were lovley absolutly no complaints there.

The breakfast wasnt great very basic coffee, juice and muffins but it wasnt awful.

I would definately recomend this hotel. Its not top of the range and it is a bit on the old side but it was in a fantastic location and the rooms were cool and very clean. It is definately great value for money and if i was returning to florida i would stay here again.

Wynfield Inn Orlando is disgusting and a disgrace to Virgin Holidays

This was our 3rd Holiday to USA with Virgin in under 2 years. On arrival at the Wynfield Inn (Formerly Travel Lodge at Seaworld formerly Village Premier ?) we were ignored in Reception. The 2 Receptionists didn't have a clue. We were allocated a room which in all honesty you wouldn't let an animal sleep in - the bed linen was disgusting, and looked like some sickos bodily fluid collection and looked as though it had never been cleaned, and the bathroom was worse (pubic hairs on the unsanitised toilet and in the bath) ! Come on Virgin - this is not what we expect from you...
Complaining to Reception was a joke, they seemed amazed that someone actually wanted a clean room ? Moved us to another offering - very much the same - so we walked out and went to Holiday Inn International on International Drive to speak with the Virgin Rep... We changed hotels and got a refund.
If you are planning on holidaying here, don't !

Hated the Wynfield

I would like to advise others of the mistake I made, choosing the Wynfield Inn. The staff did not hardly acknowledge me when I was standing at the front desk, not to mention that there were 4 employees just standing around. I chose this hotel because I needed something affordable for this trip, but I made a big mistake. When I had gotten through using the bathroom facilities, which included numerous hairs in the bath tub, I was surprised by a wasp next to my bed. As soon as I was finished killing that insect, I spotted roaches crawling onthe floor. There were only 6 channels to watch on cable. Also, the carpet looked as if the vacuum cleaner may have needed a bag change way before they had swept my room. I did enjoy getting the first floor, but overall, I would definatly not be staying there ever again!! Hotels was very convenient for me, the only bad experience I had was with the hotel itself.

Great Place on a Budget!

Reading over many of the reviews here, I am wondering if we stayed in the same place. I recently stayed at Travelodge Convention Center (the name has just changed to Wynfield, incidentally), and I have nothing but praise for the hotel; I would definitely stay there again. A point by point review, for those who like detail:

First, it is not a Sheraton. If you want a Sheraton, don't go to a place where you pay $35/night for a room. Go to a Sheraton. It's right across the street.

That said, if you are looking for a clean, adequate hotel to stay in, and if you don't need a lot of amenities such as room service, then this may be the place for you.

Our room was clean, beds were nicely made every day, and I didn't see a single bug inside our room (other reviews had made me nervous on this point, but it turned out there was nothing to worry about). No stains on the linen or towels or drapes. The towels were fairly small. I thought they were fine; my sister said they were a little scratchy. Fresh towels were provided daily, as well as shampoo and bars of soap.

The room looked great, just like one of the sample rooms you can find pictures of. It smelled fine, not musty, and I didn't see or smell any mildew or mold or anything like that. There were a couple small stains on the walls, but nothing terribly unsightly. In fact, I didn't even notice them til we'd been there a day. Bathroom was clean. Part of the A/C unit was cracked, but it worked very well, so I really couldn't care less about how it looked.

The service was, for the most part, excellent; the staff seemed friendly and willing to help. Upon arriving, we found out there had been some kind of miscommunication regarding the fridge and microwave for our room; I'd been told (by Travelodge) they would not charge me extra for it, and when I arrived, there was neither fridge nor microwave in the room, and the person at the front desk said they would charge $10/night to put one in. I explained that I'd been told it would be free, and the manager stepped in, and after a couple minutes of talking, it was put in my room at no extra charge. I think some wires had gotten crossed when the hotel transferred ownership; maybe policies have changed. But it worked out fine in the end.

Pool was nice; looked clean.

A few people have griped about the continental breakfast. We found it perfectly adequate. There were several different kinds of fruit danishes as well as an assortment of muffins, orange and apple juices, and coffee. Not 5 star dining, sure, but a great deal given the price we paid. There's a Village Inn next door and an IHOP just down the street if you want something more elaborate.

Shuttle service to the parks was reliable, and the busses were nice. Location right across from an I-Drive stop made getting around without a car very easy. Also, we were walking distance from a convenience store where we could buy groceries (a must for us) as well as a variety of restaurants.

There are widely varying price quotes for this hotel; a lot probably depends what site you book through. I did this for just under $40/night, including tax; for that price, it was an excellent deal. If your budget is higher, say $65/night, there are quite possibly better deals out there. But for a good place to stay that provides the basic necessities, I would definitely give this hotel my recommendation.

Oh, and a final note: if you've read the reviews back to 2004 (as I did before going here): ignore the person who says there's no fountain in front of the hotel. It's there, and it's not just some slieght-of-hand photography. :) Not that a fountain's likely to determine where you stay, but it is a nice touch.

Terrible place

by TripAdvisor Member annemie1

Just came back from Orlando and I have to say that most of the bad reviews you read here are true. I arrived at the hotel too early I know but I had to sit and wait from 11.30 until 4pm to check in although there were plenty of rooms empty.
While I was sitting there waiting, a number of people came in and asked to see the rooms. They all left again saying it was dirty and old, and they were right.
As soon as I openend the door to the room, it smelled terrible. Carpet and furniture were full of stains, wallpaper came off the wall, AC mad such a bad noise I had to turn it off to be able to sleep. The hairdryer did not work and the coffee maker was covered with dust. I had to slam the door really hard before I could close it and everytime I did so I was afraid that the windows would fall out. Sheets were all wrinkled and they did not change them for the 4 nights I stayed there.
I did not say anything because this hotel was booked by my travel agent and already payed for.
Continental breakfast was included but all you had was coffee, tea, some juice and some nasty very sweet pastries. To top it all off, I had to go back to reception 2 times because I could not get in to my room anymore, keycard would not work.
I have talked with several of the other tourists and they all had the same complaints. They will have to do renovations otherwise this place will go bankrupt again! My advice, spent a little more money and go to another hotel

If you have a choice do not book this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member loveantigua

My children and I have stayed in this hotel and I have to say we have never stayed in a worse place in our lives. Had we gone to Afganistan I would accept these conditions, but not in the USA.

Firstly the reception staff (with some exceptions) are not very knowlegable and helpful. My room smelt really bad, beds were stained and carpet looked like it has not seen soap and water...well ever. I did not dare to look for the bugs, but have seen some evidence on another guest`s camera. The only way to keep the smell out was to have the A/C on constantly, which was not always practical.

In defence the housekeeping seemed to clean constantly, but there is only so much you can do.....
Breakfast was just about OK.

The pool seemed clean, but got very worried when it bleached my son`s shorts.

The only plus is that the hotel is near the Sea World, a fab park, and some of the security people are very nice and friendly.

Hope you find this helpful.

Not staying here again!

Stayed at the Wnyfield Inn for one night this week. I knew I would be arriving close to midnight and would have to be out of the room by 7 AM so my main criteria was cheap. I got cheap but also a very disappointing stay. The room was dirty and obviously very worn. The room faced the Beach Line Expressway so I got to listen to loud trucks wizzing by all night long. In the bath room it looked like they had ripped out the old tub and installed a modular fiberglass shower/tub. The installation job was so poor they had to put a wooden frame around it that looked like it had been installed by a three year old. I would never stay here again nor would I recommend anyone else stay there.

Stay somewhere else

We come to Florida every year, as my father and his wife live near Tampa. They usually pay for us and their grandkids to do something in Orlando, and meet us there. This year it was Sea World, and Wet-n-Wild. Anyway, the room wasn't ready until after 4:00 in the afternoon. The toilet wasn't very clean, and I wondered if the sheets had been changed. The room was never vacuumed the entire time we were there; the evidence being the Oreo crumbs dropped by the kids being there the entire stay. The first day, they only changed the sheets on one of the beds, and replaced towels. The toilets didn't flush well. It is an expensive room and they don't even have cable, only HBO. They charge you for local calls, and extra for the refrigerator and microwave. Money came up missing, which in some respect was our fault for not paying to use the safe, but since the money was hidden we didn't think it would be an issue. The manager did not seem too concerned about it, and probably didn't even ask the housekeeper about it. The best part of the stay was the breakfast, and that was mediocre. Take my advice and stay somewhere else, and if you must stay here, pay to use the safe.

virgin dump

by TripAdvisor Member soophill

Before travelling to this hotel/inn(well thats what they call it,)we checked the reviews and were worried.We also read reviews of other places to stay around the area and found similar reviews but not of the same amount.We hoped it was the usual moaners,how wrong could we be!On arrival at the inn we were greeted by a receptionist with the words "rooms aren't ready try later" when she turned around to walk away.An hour later we came back to be given a room!!!to say the room was bad would be praise.The room smelt of damp,it was dirty,a bottle of shampoo had hair wrapped around it,the shower had holes in the surround,the doors on all the ground floor had been repaired after break-ins.The breakfast is a heart attack waiting to happen!never mind it being left in plastic bags from the day before!When we tried to move the virgin rep wanted to charge a fortune whiich we agreed to then told us there was no other rooms available in the orlando area!We changed rooms at this point to a room with a v.i.p clean. This was slightly better but the smell did start to come a few days later.The room we moved to was in a block that had been redecorated recently, which may be usful knowledge to anyone still intending to stay there.Please take this advise as truthful as we don't want anyone else to have a holiday ruined.we have complained to virgin about this and they have sent us a £100 voucher,this we are sending back.,we don't want money .We want to know why virgin use this hotel?

suggest a place- has good acces to disney-kennedy-seaworld

by prsampath

iam looking for a place(mostly thro priceceline or u can suggest) form where i can have economical acces to disney /universal/kennedy/seaworld..pl suggest a plce & if possible hotel for single person with economical rate for 3-4 nights.thanks
prs

by zuriga

I'd check out hotels or motels along International Drive. There are some good 'economy' places there and travel to the parks isn't difficult.

by PeterReed

Try the Wynfield Inn Westwood at the bottom of International Drive. Stayed there some time ago. Very handy for Sea World - walking distance. Also not far from Disney or other attractions.

Peter Reed

by springbreak105

Either stay at International Drive or at a Disney Hotel. They are the best locations.

by Disneyfan

You might try Kissimmee. It's next door to Orlando and is centrally located for all the hot spots.
We recently stayed in a 4 bedroom townhouse in a gated community called Lake Berkley and loved it. We went through www.rusmarproperties.com and was pleased at how easy it was to rent a place/buy tickets/and learn what there was to do in Orlando. Their website is very helpful. I think they even offered a hotel room option with mini-fridge and microwave.
They even tell you how far they are from most attractions (10 min from WDW).
Good Luck!