Heart of Palm Beach

GUYON's Profile Photo

Close to the Beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 29, 2006

I searched during a long time a hotel which matched 2 criterions : close to the beach and the prestigious Worth Avenue.
The Breakers was certainly the best choice with a direct access to the Ocean and its location at 6 or 7 blocks from Worth Avenue. But I am not a billionaire and I refused to pay over than 400$ per night.
The second choice was the Heart of Palm Beach which was closer to the famous Worth Ave and only at 1/2 block from the beach.
When I was in Palm Beach, I saw there was no other hotel matching my request and I would have to go further to find a hotel on the beach.
But I had to pay for that : 359$ per night + tax in February 2006.

Unique Quality: A quick look at the amenities :
- large and clean room with air condionning
- a comfortable king bed
- a satellite TV with movie channels (we are quickly fed up with advertisements)
- a free internet access in the room if you bring your computer
- a bath room with tub and shower. The wash basin is ouside the bath room
- a fridge and a microwave (but no grocery nor supermarket in the neighborhood)
- a balcony facing the pool or the Royal Palm Way . We had a room at the ground floor, so the balcony was not very attractive. The balcony rooms are more expensive.
- a free parking in the basement. The website told it was a valet parking but it was fortunately a self one. I guess when the hotel is full, they use an other parking and propose a valet service for that. The parking is not closed nor attended.
- a complimentary buffet breakfast at 7:30AM. But I have had to remind it was free when we checked out.

3 Photos of Heart of Palm Beach

Palm Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Palm Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Palm Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Palm Beach hotel reviews