I searched during a long time a hotel which matched 2 criterions : close to the beach and the prestigious Worth Avenue.
The Breakers was certainly the best choice with a direct access to the Ocean and its location at 6 or 7 blocks from Worth Avenue. But I am not a billionaire and I refused to pay over than 400$ per night.
The second choice was the Heart of Palm Beach which was closer to the famous Worth Ave and only at 1/2 block from the beach.
When I was in Palm Beach, I saw there was no other hotel matching my request and I would have to go further to find a hotel on the beach.
But I had to pay for that : 359$ per night + tax in February 2006.
Unique Quality: A quick look at the amenities :
- large and clean room with air condionning
- a comfortable king bed
- a satellite TV with movie channels (we are quickly fed up with advertisements)
- a free internet access in the room if you bring your computer
- a bath room with tub and shower. The wash basin is ouside the bath room
- a fridge and a microwave (but no grocery nor supermarket in the neighborhood)
- a balcony facing the pool or the Royal Palm Way . We had a room at the ground floor, so the balcony was not very attractive. The balcony rooms are more expensive.
- a free parking in the basement. The website told it was a valet parking but it was fortunately a self one. I guess when the hotel is full, they use an other parking and propose a valet service for that. The parking is not closed nor attended.
- a complimentary buffet breakfast at 7:30AM. But I have had to remind it was free when we checked out.
363 Cocoanut Row, Palm Beach
2800 South Ocean Blvd., Palm Beach
1 South County Road, Palm Beach
11360 US Highway One, Palm Beach
Latest Palm Beach hotel reviews