3550 South Ocean Boulevard, Palm Beach, Florida, 33480, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Palm Beach Oceanfront Inn

be aware

recently booked on the net and men this place look nothing like the net potlays this is a motel and its a scam to unsuspecting net users parking lot poorly lighted as iff to hide the falling paints,stinky room
be aware it looks nothing like on the net and definately a one star motel

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member pchnmain

I wish I could give 1.5 dots. It wasn't "terrible", but I was not happy with my stay. The positive: you can walk out of your room, cross the parking lot, out the back gate, and onto the beach. But I was very dissappointed with the room itself. The lighting was very bad. The rooms had tile floors. I am sure that the goal was easy cleaning (guests might track sand back into the room). But between the bad lighting, tile floor, and solid walls and ceiling -- the net effect was a room that felt bare and cold, and sounded like an echo chamber. I also suspect that while they made the bed, they may have not changed the sheets every day. In addition, I got four bug bites to my ankles (which were covered thoughout the night) and six to my arms during my five night stay. At $85 per night, it was OK if you just wanted a hotel that was adjacent to the beach. But I do not think I would go back.

Location, Location Location!

We were in town condo shopping from the north east many of our friends purchased condos in the area in the last couple of years. This is the only affordable place left on the ocean. It was ideally located to both Boca and West Palm Beach, we enjoyed the beach, bar and resturant and made many new freinds, we loved it and look forward to buying a condo close by so we can still enjoy the restuarant and bar its awesome!

The worst ever!!!

I reserved a room at this hotel one week before arrival and was assured that I would have two double beds in the room. Got to the inn and they said there was not a room available with two double beds -- so they would move me to an oceanfront room with a king size. Not acceptable -- travelling with two people -- so they brought in a cot (6'2" - 225 pounds doesn't fit on a cot). We were in a bind -- had to stay somewhere. The room was filthy, sheets were dirty, toilet running all night long, windows wouldn't open, ceiling fan too dirty to run, and to top it off -- the place was full of BIG ROACHES. Drinks and food overpriced and terrible service. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Good place for the $

When our lodging in Vero Beach was cancelled last minute due to hurricane damage, we found the Oceanfront Inn to be the most reasonably-priced, ocean front hotel available near our arrival airport West Palm Beach. I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews, but we were overall pleased with our experience at the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable for the amount of time we actually spent in there. Most of the time was spent on the beach! The restaurant, while a bit pricey, was good. We also discovered Dune Deck Cafe, about a 1/2 mile south down on Lantana Public Beach, which was great. There is also a small grocery store w/in walking distance called the Village Marketplace that had a nice little breakfast/lunch cafe. The Oceanfront front desk staff were not very informed or helpful for the most part, so if you need info about the local happenings, you are better off asking your waitress at the Tides Restaurant! Also, the marketing for this hotel/motel says that it is nestled in between the 4 Seasons and the Ritz Carlton...hardly!!! The Ritz Carlton is down the beach on the other side of the Lantana Beach, and the 4 Seasons is several miles in the other direction (we never saw it!). We found the Lake Worth Public Beach (about 2 miles north) to be a great beach to hang at. The beach in front of the hotel is nice, but the reef is pretty close so it didn't really lend itself to body surfing as you might find yourself pushed onto the reef. I do recommend this hotel/motel to anyone looking for a clean, reasonably priced place to stay on the beach, but don't go expecting the Ritz treatment because service is really more like Motel 6. By the way, we found our best deal on Travelocity. Also, if you are caught w/o transportation (as we were), taxi from the airport can range between 18 and 25. We also discovered the bus that passed right in front of the hotel and took us to Lake Worth Beach in a matter of minutes. It did take some doing, though, to find out the schedule! The hotel also offers bikes for rent at about $18/day.

Sun, Fun and the Beach!

My wife and wanted a hotel that was near the West Palm Beach Convention center but we didnt want one of those franchisy places by the freeway. So we opted for this boutique style oceanfront hotel. It was ten minutes away from the convention center, close to worh ave shops and directly on the BEACH! The restuarant was right on the beach as well we loved sunrise breakfast.

This place had roaches!!!

I am not a complainer. I read all of the reviews and I decided that I had a high tolerance and could stay almost anywhere. That being said this place was gross. I do not know if it was because we were on the ground floor or what, but the room was infested with roaches. Tons of them, under the bed sheet in the bathroom etc. We did not stay the second night as we were with children and did not think it was safe. I did ask at the front desk and they said they exterminated, but their exterminator was not doing a good job. ALSO, the rate on the internet was $172 which I paid, but I noted the hotel charged $130 for a room. The internet company would not compensate the difference. Bottom line- this place was gross. Stay there if you want to take a vacation with bugs.

It's an older beach motel -- don't expect more

by TripAdvisor Member SilverTraveler

If you think about motels on a beach -- sand, surf, tile floors, plaster walls that have been repainted over and over again...then, this is the Oceanfront Palm Beach Hotel. It's not fancy. It does not have a lot of amenities. The bathroom soap was thin and atrocious. The shower OK but awkward for a tall person. There were no glasses -excuse me, no plastic cups (this is a beach motel) in the bathroom. But, I found the room clean -- tile floors, no rugs. But again, absolutely no amenities. An old safe in room. What really turned me off, however, is the restaurant -- a beach motel, and the restaurant charges absolutely OUTRAGEOUS prices for dinner -- way way overpriced. And, the breakfast menu was not much better, and the food only mediocre.

Fantastic all the way around, BEST GETAWAY

Thank God I'm a seasoned traveler and can make common sense calls myself. After reading all these obviously phoney comments from people who obviously have an agenda (ie. like disgruntled employees) You people need to get a life.

My girlfriends and I had an amazing time there and loved every second of it from the beatiful beachside setting to the boutique styling to the best direct oceanfront dining expericnce we shall not soon forget. It's not everyday you can dine literally 10 feet from the crashing waves. As far as amenties they were pelntiful albiet not 5 star. They had complimentry coffee, no charge room safe, free parking, free business center, free high speed internet, bycyle rentals, room service, beach cabanas, I certainly dont know what some of these grouchy people are talking about , but we will be back real soon and promise to tell all our freinds about this secret in Paradise!

The REAL Scoop December 2004

by TripAdvisor Member Fitches

Think "Holiday Inn Express" only not so nice: exterior hallways, tiled floors in the hotel rooms, paper thin walls, paper thin towels, uncomfortably hard beds, coffee maker but no water glasses, TV but no movie channels, lights burnt out were not changed even upon request, all phone calls charged a buck plus (even toll free calls), swimming pool unheated and teeny tiny plus it's so close to the restuarant my children were afraid to get in, their "beach" is 20 feet wide and does not exist at high tide, decor is old and aging, staff is unhelpful. Restaurant was edible (think "Denny's"). This place has only two things going for it: it's close to the beach (we walked to the public beach down the road a half-mile) and it's cheap.

Comments