Marriott'S Ocean Pointe, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Marriott'S Ocean Pointe, A Marriott Vacation Club Resort

Loved Marriotts Ocean Pointe on Singer Island

by TripAdvisor Member tiggrabb

We just got back from our Memorial week stay and despite the fact that it rained every day but one we absolutley loved the place. We stayed in the Sailfish building which was on one side of the main check in building. The main pool, hot tub and childrens activities were a few minutes away from our building. We cooked out, went swimming and enjoyed shell collecting on the baech. My husband and son snorkeled and also went diving. We saw stingrays and manatees right off the shoreline which was neat. My son (age 11) only participated in the T shirt tie dying, but they have lots of planned activities for the kids as well as an arcade room and a pool table outside the activity center near the pool. We had a 2 bedroom ocean side view condo and it was spectacular. Very clean and decorated very nicely. The concieres desk staff was very helpful in supplying us with maps and brochures as well as easy directions to the areas attractions we were intersted in seeing. We will definately plan on going back and finishing seeing and doing the things we couldn't fit into this trip due to the weather and just not enough time to do it all.

A Great Experience!

My boyfriend and I just got back from a wonderful vacation at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. To begin with, our room was amazing! We arrived exhausted from a long day of travel and were ecstastic with our 4th floor ocean-front room in the hotel's newest building: The Kingfish. The room was a lock-off, but perfect for a cozy romantic get-a-way. The room provided us with a comfy bed, kitchenette, lounge area (where we were able to entertain guests on a few nights), an indoor dinette set, large bathroom (with plenty of counter space) and an outdoor patio complete with a 2 person patio set. After unpacking our clothes in the large bureau and oversized closet, we ate a casual dinner at "On The Rocks," the hotel's poolside "tiki" bar. The night set a perfect tone for the week to come. The Marroitt offered us plenty to do throughout the week. We swam in the resort's array of pools and in the ocean, worked out at the fitness clubs, sipped on fancy drinks from the poolside bars, relaxed in the hot tub, swayed lazily on the trellis swings, enjoyed BBQ's aplenty at the grill patio, watched the sunrise and sunsets on our private balcony deck, and walked for miles along the beach and quaint neighborhood streets. Although we did not engage in the variety of resort offered activities - ranging from chair massages, hair braiding, arts & crafts, volleyball, water aerobics, tennis, etc. - it was nice to know that there was always something going on if we wanted to join in the fun! The Marriott also assisted us in finding a variety of activities to participate in outside of the property. We spent one relaxing day at MacArthur Beach State Park. Our day trip included a quiet nature walk, a visit to the park's nature center, and sunbathing on a secluded beach. We spent another day with friends jet skiing along the Singer Island Intercoastal. The Marriott connected us to Oceanside Beach Services, a company that provided us with a ride to and from the hotel, as well as a one-hour, jam packed jet skiing experience - all at a very fair price. Lastly, we spent our Thursday night at Clematis Street in West Palm Beach. We mingled with some local Floridians, danced along with a live band, and enjoyed a drink (or 2!) with friends. It was a wonderful way to see a different side of West Palm Beach! All in all, our experience was one that will last with us for a long time to come. Marriott's Ocean Pointe provided us with enough adventure and activity, while also allowing us to sit back, relax, and enjoy the Florida sunshine.

Awesome vacation!!

My husband, mother and I just returned from a 7 day stay at the Marriott Ocean Pointe Resort. VERY IMPRESSIVE. We stayed in the Copia and the Dolphin wings. We had a 2 bd, 2 bth suite complete with fridge, stove, washer/dryer and jacuzzi tub! The suite was amply stocked with dishes, silverware, etc. The room was lovely. Due to a water leak we did have to move, but the second room was just as nice. The staff was very helpful in getting us changed over and gave us some coupns for our troubles :) We had wonderful views from each hotel room with a large balcony. The pools were wonderful-very clean with lots of chairs. We loved the hot tubs after dark, too. The "Tiki" bar has good drinks-try the Mango and Banana-and it seemed to be a popular place. The beachfront was beautiful and very quiet. It only rained twice while we were there so the sun was out in full force! We ate at some terrific places. You have to go to City Place-the shopping is great and they have a Cheesecake Factory. Max and Eddie's is a quaint little Italian place just down the street from the hotel-they were delicious! The Sailfish Marina is a WONDERFUL place for seafood lovers-the view from the restaurant is also nice. It is also close to the hotel. The best place we ate at was The RiverHouse. It's on PGA Blvd. Make reservations if going on the weekend though-its was the best lobster tail and shrimp I have ever had. It was my husband's birthday and they were very accomodating with a cake!! As long as you eat around 5:30-6:00 there aren't too many crowds. Just the scenic view of Palm Beach is awesome. I had the most enjoyable time! There are lots of things for kiddos to do (even if I don't have any yet) The only thing that needs work is the Pizza hut. If you want to order a pizza-CALL AHEAD-they have like 2 people working and it takes forever to get anything there. This resort gets a high mark in my opinion. Hope the review helps!!!!

A good review

by TripAdvisor Member wals

We spent 7 nights, (11/20-11/27). The weatherman did not treat us very well. Six days of nor'easterly wind, rain, or clouds. One day Beautiful! We had the one bedroom suite. Fortunately it was in one of the newly redecorated suites and made the extra indoor hours of looking through the windows at the beach and surf bearable, although we did spend a lot of car time riding and touring some of the coast. City Place in W. Palm Beach is a great place to spend some time. A lot of restaurant choices and a great movie theatre to go to (especially on rainy days).The redcorated villas at the resort are very nice and comfortable. They were refurbishing one of the pools, but it presented no problems, and should make future stays better. The new fitness room is outfitted very nicely. The staff was very pleasant. We took the vacation club presentation and it was done well. An informative program with no hi-pressure. (Ask for Pedro) We will back next year looking for better weather.

had a great stay

We have just returned from the Marriott. The whole vacation was great. There was so much to do for children. Even when the weather was no so good they where busy. All the staff where great. Units are first class.

Enjoyed Xmas vacation at Ocean Pointe

by TripAdvisor Member Vac900

We stayed at the resort during Christmas 2004 vacation. We had a very spacious 2 bedrooms villa with full kitchen, living room and dining room.

The resort is very nice and clean. The pools were very well maintained and were heated as the water was very warm. There was a list of daily children activities for my 8 yr old daughter to participate in. She made hair accessories, a daisy tote, a tie-dye t shirt, a sand bottle, had her hair braided and ordered many, many root beer floats and delicious Haaggen Daz waffle cones.

There are outdoor commercial size gas grills available to all guests. We grilled huge dungeness crabs and lobsters purchased from Costco one evening. We were the envy of everyone walking by.

We took a very reasonably priced boat tour from the Sailfish Marina (about 5 blocks away). We saw too many nice private celebrity beach homes and wish we were the owners.

The beach at Ocean Pointe is very private ...we walked for miles and enjoyed the sunset every evening. If only one could go on vacation forever !!!

Serene Ocean Resort with Entertainment, First Class

The pictures are a bit deceiving of this place, because it is pretty spread out! The new building (which is about a block or so away from the main building), just opened in March 2005! It was fantastic, had a fridge, sink and all the utensils such as cups/plates! The room was nice and roomy, we stayed in a one bedroom with a balcony view of the ocean. There are grills and hot tubs/pools at each of the buildings. There are also two tennis courts, free to utilize but you pay for the rackets. They again were not directly on site, you had to walk across the street (no big deal).
The tiki hut where drinks were served was excellent, the service and the drinks. There is typically live entertainment by the main pool and bar area. Also, volleyball court, internet and a kids room (which we didn't investigate as we don't have kids), but definately a kid friendly resort.
Also wateraerobics and gym facilities are on site. The gym gets a little crowded on overcast and rainy days (as expected).
If there is one area where they can improve, it's the Pizza Hut express at the main poolside area, they only have two people working the counter during lunch hours and they never call your order number when it's up! It was very slow and not customer service oriented, but everything else was VERY enjoyable.
If you enjoy grilling, go for it. It seemed like everyone grilled at least once. Go to the local Publix, go on A1A and you will have a nice scenic drive along the way!
Also, for coffee lovers, there is a starbucks in the 'Market Place' in the main building.

Needs a Deep Clean!

If first impressions matter, than, this place needs to work on just that! Entering the lobby seems lovely, unless you need to use the lobby bathroom, which, who doesn't after travelling? Then, you would find dirty towels on the floor, on the counter, and a general dirtiness to the place. The solution seems simple- stop skimping on the janitorial services and add some employees to the place to keep up with the mess. Otherwise, this place will be a dump in no time! The beach was lovely, they can't mess that up!

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member manateeboy

we stayed at the ocean pointe 21-28 may 05.Our room was great(lockoff) in the Kingfish bldg...
Beach and pool great. You Must take the water taxi ride,snorklied at Peanut Island.
We enjoyed the restaurants. Go on the web southfloridadines great deals.
Don't miss the monday info. meeting, very helpful
Enjoy.
Manateeboy

Ocean Front OR Lake Worth Inlet Front

I took my recent college graduate for a Florida tour. I booked a room here for a one day/nite stay. All I can say is, make sure your definition of "ocean front" matches the Hotels definition. I was very clear when I booked the room that I wanted to have a room that looked out on to the ocean.When we checked in I asked again, is this an ocean front room? Yes sir, was the response from the front desk.As we DROVE to the building (about a block and a half) we parked the car, found the door to the room,and I thought to my self, I hope that the 2004 storms had made a new ocean since our room looked to be facing straight South rather than East. Unfortunatly, there was no new ocean and the big Atlantic was still,shall we say ,out East. We had a wounderful view however of the Lake Worth Inlet, and of the dredging ship that passed by our window about 1000 times until 6:00AM the next morning.We did walk to a spot where we could see the Atlantic, about a long par 5 away, but we did see it. I left it alone untill the next AM . We went down to check out about 10:30 AM and I asked to see the manager but I was informed that she was running a little late, it was 10:30! So I pulled out a map of the building we stayed in and told the front desk girl of my dissapointment. Her response was that the hotel considers ANY view of water as ocean front. I just stared at her in stunned silence. I then circled the Atlantic on the map and circled Lake Worth Inlet as well. I went on to tell her not to deceive your guests from now on. I'm a Marriott rewards member too.I won't be back. I hope the Inlet is deep enough now!

Comments