The Club At Hammock Beach

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about The Club At Hammock Beach

Excellent location and resort

by TripAdvisor Member BelleReviewer

The Club at Hammock beach has it all. The location in east coast Florida is absolutely perfect. The food at the restaurants are excellent. The amenities and service are 5 star. The atmosphere was laid back and uncrowded. The local community is growing and new restaurants are being added everyday. Visit here before everybody hears about it!

Great pools & beach

by TripAdvisor Member keepontryin

The pools at Hammock Beach were fantastic. We loved the lazy river, kids pool, beach pool and the separate adult pool. There was something for everyone.

We had the one bedroom suite, which was really one large room. The pull out sofa was more uncomfortable than most and not really suitable for a teen. The room would be perfect for a couple.

The service and spa were excellent.

I didn't enjoy the restraurants though. The food was too salty. You could tell it all came from the same kitchen even though the the restaurants were different. The seaside grill was especially over priced for mediocre food. There are plenty of other restaurants just over the bridge.

Bring some DVD's because they fave DVD players in the rooms, but no place to rent or borrow DVD's.

The property was beautiful. Built a bit back from the beach which is more enviromentally friendly. We caught the sunrise from our balcony at least twice. The pools really were awesome, I can't express that enough. Overall a great vacation.

Awesome! Love it

by TripAdvisor Member Britmark1

Just got back from staying at Club at Hammock Beach for 3 nights in a 3 bed 3 bath condo. The room was above my expections. I am used to staying in 5 star resorts and this was right up there with the best. The service at the resort was wonderful. The beach was beautiful. There was hardly a soul on it. It was wide and clean. There could have been a shower by the beach to rinse off toys and feet. The pools were nice. Spa was beautiful. Had a massage with Anthony which was very relaxing. Only complaints would be the lazy river was not heated which meant unless you were from up north and under 13 you weren't about to set foot in it. Otherwise it was well worth the money and am looking forward to returning.

Service that exceeds expectations, beautiful, fun LOVED THE CLUB!

by TripAdvisor Member cvbyrd

Just got back Monday from a wonderful three night stay at the Club at Hammock Beach! We went with three other couples and stayed in a 4br suite on the 2nd floor (which is really the 4th floor because of parking garages). The unit was huge! Plenty of room for the eight of us without feeling on top of eachother. Started w/ a tour w/ our personal concierge (who BTW was great setting up dinner res, transportation, spa treatments, etc ALL before we even got to the resort). Ended our tour getting checked in right in our suite with our luggage waiting for us. Headed to the Ocean Bar for lunch, GREAT FOOD all around! The new Sushi Restaurant has the BEST sushi we have ever had. Try the Shrimp Tempura Roll it truely melts in your mouth. The pools were terrific perfect temperature. Lazy river lots of laughs. Pool service great with water w/ lemon being passed out frequently and fresh towels whenever you needed them. Especially when we were trapped in a downpour out under the pool bar (not a bad place to be caught in a storm). The staff came around all wet themselves to deliver warm/dry towels to anyone who needed them. The men played the 9 hole real grass pitch&putt several times. Girls did spa stuff - which was AWESOME! Complete with heated massage tables. Dinner at the Seaside grille was exceptional. Back to our huge home (suite) for games every night. Even hit St Augustine for dinner, drinks & dancing one night. This was one of my favorite vacations because it all went so smoothly. I was relaxed from the second we arrived all way until they packed our car for us on the last day. This place was classy without being pretentious. The service was impeccable without being annoying. Wonderful vacation will be back again & again!

Wonderful Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member JordycatConnecticut

We stayed for 5 nights over Spring vacation with our chlidren 4 and 8. The property is stunning. We were greeted the moment we pulled up and treated wonderfully by the staff our entire stay. The room (1bdr suite) was great and tastefully done. True the air conditioner unit was in a closit in the bedroom but it really was no big deal. The pools are great and very clean although there are no life guards. Slide and lazy river was a big hit.
The beach was good and undisturbed.

Our children used the Kids Crew one night. They had a good time and it was well supervised. Food in restaurants was pretty good and pricey. They really don't allow tipping which makes it easier but lets face it, it's built into the price.

The only negatives were that they were adding on to the resort (large addtion) but all in all it wasn't that much of an inconvienience. The staff went out of there way to treat everyone extremely well and were courteous but they really didn't have any answers or wrong answers to our questions (directions, where activities were, errors in food orders), they tried to be helpful but really didn't have a clue. I think this is an upincoming resort and those things will be ironed out.

The resort itself is pretty secluded so you have to drive a ways to go anywhere for dinner or activities. St Augustibe is about 1/2 hour or so away.

I would highly reccomend The Club at Hammock Beach and would go back again.

First Class but Comfortable (not stuffy)

I had a great time this past weekend at The Club At Hammock Beach. Arrived Friday with 3 other couples. Took a great and helpful tour first (my friend almost slipped on the stairs but not their fault at all) then headed out to share a burger with my lovely wife of 7 years by the pool. Then, it was fun time - lazy river, slide, Bocce on the beach, the awesome 9-hole putting course. That evening we went to St. Augustine for a great evening of drinks, food, and Southern Rock (Tuesday's Gone with Wind). Be sure to ask your concierge to set up a cab ride. Our driver coming home was Patsy and she knows the area like the back of her hand. My friend Geoff really hit it off with her.
Saturday was just great. Breakfast buffet in the morning - plenty of wait staff to assist with anything needed. Hung out by the pool - There was plenty of wait staff for food and drinks. Quick Service, Well made drinks (Mudslides!!), Quiet by the Adult pool - the Kids pool is separate and really don't know its there. Bringing your kids would also be fun there. I saw 2 kids at the lazy river having a great time - 1 of them was on the double float while the other piled about 10 rafts on top of him while he floated all around. Finished up on the 9-hole putting course again and those same 2 kids were there rooting each other on. I am certain those brothers were creating lifelong memories. Finished Sat. at the Sushi Bar - I don't really eat it but the rest of the party really spoke well of the selection and service. It seems like this location has some great food choices.
Sunday - the ladies loved the spa and the guys golfed. Enjoyed some football on TV by the pool bar afterwards and then a walk on the beach. There were smiles, hand holding, story-telling, shell collecting, and great friendship. One of the guys in our party played his guitar and sang a great rendition of 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' by Bonnie Tyler. Sunday night, we had a 5 star dinner and the Filet was awesome.
Monday morning - we had breakfast delivered by Room Service and again it was great! There could not have been a nicer way to end the trip. The bell service was quick and they did a great job.
I would highly recommend staying here - although I did not play the highly-rated golf course this time around (because my swing has disappeared recently) it looked terrific.
Thanks to all in my party who made this a great weekend! I have already recommended this resort to 4 people.

Amazing

The most amazing place i have ever stayed. It is deffinately one of the best most relaxing places i have ever been. I recomend it to anyone who wants to have a good time. It almost impossible to describe. You have to go there to see how amazing it is.

A great place to relax

My husband & I thoroughly enjoyed our 5 day stay. We stayed in the one bedroom unit. It was nicely decorated but is more like a studio because the bed and living areas are not in separate rooms. Everything is maintained to perfection and the grounds are lovely. The food is a bit rich and steep for our simple tastes so we took advantage of the kitchenette by bringing in breakfasts, deli meats, snacks and our favorite beverages. This enabled us to not have to leave the room unless we wanted to. When we did take advantage of the restaurant, the food and service was superb! The view from the balcony was nice. The bed was comfortable. The staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. My husband enjoyed the golf and I enjoyed the spa treatments.
I can't give an excellent rating because the negatives in some of the other reviews are accurate with regard to the location of the A/C unit and the resulting noise. For such a beautifully designed, managed and maintained hotel, the A/C situation could be a significant flaw in the hot summer months.

Not a 5 star property

by TripAdvisor Member wonderfulitaly

This is definately not a 5 star property. Yes, the hotel and the garden and pool´s area is quite nice, but the decor of a one bedroom suite is a little bit...fake. All these artificial flowers and...brrr! And the bathroom - no slippers, no shower cap...And the corridors that lead to the rooms were really creepy.

The service was not 5 star also, specially at the pool area, also one woman from concierge was specially rude.

The pool area was every day very very crowdy, so You cant enjoy Your privacy there.

And last but not least - there was a hair in my breakfast (Traditional Eggs Benedict)!!! Of course, they apologized and replaced the meal, but I had to pay for that anyway...

Absolutely loved this place!

by TripAdvisor Member TLVento

We stayed in a one bedroom suite last year for spring break with our 2 children. At first we were dissapointed that the one bedroom was truly one bedroom, with no door separating the bedroom from the living area ~ where our kids would be sleeping. But in the end it all was fine, since we really didn't spend much time in the room. The pools were fabulous and the kids loved the volleyball court and natural grass mini golf. We had friends join us and they too loved it. Food is a bit pricey, but good, great portabella sandwiches by the pool. One night we had pizza delivered and ate in the court yard along with our wine and cheese and crackers, it was perfect. Both families are looking forward to going back again this year. Now is the time to book, since prices have come down. One of the most relaxing vacations we've had! Great resort!

Comments