36750 US Highway 19 North, Palm Harbor, Florida, 34684, United States

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Innisbrook, A Salamander Golf & Spa Resort

Great Tampa-area family resort

by TripAdvisor Member NJ2Mom

The Westin Innisbrook was a relaxing place to stay after two crazy days at Busch Gardens. We were given an upgraded, suite-style room with a folding wall separator just for asking, and really enjoyed the Loch Ness pool -- we wished we had booked an extra night just to have more time there! Much different from the typical "highway hotel" experience; this resort is quiet and serene.

tip: Check out Tarpon Springs' "sponge dock" area for a fun family evening!!

Awesome stay!

by TripAdvisor Member annevictoria

Spent 4 days at Innisbrook - great time. No complaints at all. We stayed in a junior suite - HUGE ROOM. Had a full kitchen (oven, range, full size refrigerator, microwave). Surprised to see plates, utensils, toaster oven and a blender. Stocked the kitchen up and ate breakfast and lunch in the suite.
The heavenly bed is just as it sounds. The rooms are very spacious - we had a view of the golf course. As other posts have said there were plenty of people at the resort, but you would not know it. We spent a lot of time at a smaller pool located right by our room. Enjoyed the Loch Ness pool. Great resort for golfing.
Did not eat at any restaurants onsite - we found plenty of places on US 19. Angelinos Italian restaurant is great - you get A LOT of food. Crabby Bills is also great. One day we drove to Tarpon Springs to see the Sponge Docks.
We will stay here again. Well worth the money. Great resort for family or for couples.

Sprawling resort, lousy rooms

by TripAdvisor Member dsc434232

I stayed here for a midweek night on my way from Tampa to Jacksonville and wanted to see how this resort measured up. Overall, I was incredibly disappointed - but probably because I was expecting a more modern facility, a more active environment, and a more spacious room.

The resort is huge and has a number of golf courses and pools, certainly a nice facility, but it was deserted when I was there, likely because it was midweek. In fact, in my building (Dornoch) there were only 2 or 3 cars.

The check-in agent insisted that Priceline guests are not entitled to rooms with king beds, becuase only the junior suites have king beds, and not the hotel rooms. This wasn't a big deal, but the room was so small, was poorly laid out, and tiny windows, that I found it to be particularly uncomfortable.

For example, from the work desk, the chair backed up directly to the bed, it was incredibly cramped working, and I had to eat on the bed because there was no table. The bathrooms are renovated, and of course you have the Heavenly bed, but this resort looked like it was built in the 1970s and was by no means luxurious. It felt more like a conference center than a resort.

My room service dinner tray (which I put outside at 8pm) was still there when I departed at 11:30am the next morning.

If you play golf, want to use the LochNess pool, or you're looking for a very quiet getaway, I would highly recommend the Westin Innisbrook, but if you're looking for a nice room, you'll need to either splurge for a junior suite or stay somewhere else.

Pet and Kid Friendly! Clearwater area's hidden secret

by TripAdvisor Member wkn55

I went for the Memorial Day weekend with my dog ($50 non refundable fee), and 2 kids! They even accept big dogs! Great pool (the Monster Lochness pool) with slide. Infant/toddler area side of the pool. Request building near the Monster Pool. There are also 2 or 3 other pools that are quieter if you want the privacy also. The resort is set up with condo style buildings. Some have kitchenettes. I don't play golf...but this is a great place to go to play! Restaurants are not that great...Better to just go off the property to eat off of US Rt 19 which has everything you could hope for. Movie theater near, pet stores, liquor stores and numerous food establishments. Even though it's a few miles to drive to the beaches you may just want to stay at the resort for the day since the pool area has it all...sand, slides, bar. I will be back soon!

Very very disappointed!!

Pool was closed for a coporate event while I was there, and my kid only got to see the Lochness pool. I was right across from the pool so it was heart breaking for my son. They did not even have a sign up, they just closed it and threw us out! Very rude pool staff, getting a towel was like impossible. Police were called for rowdy local teenagers in the pool TWO HOURS after they arrived and scared everyone out of the pool.
Work was being done in my complex and during the day 9:00 - 5:00 p.m. there was such loud banging you couldn't go in your room. Cat Urine smell in the minature golf made my son's eyes tear. VERY disappointed.
Left expensive clothes in the room and still have gotten no response from the hotel. Stay there and you are on your own.

Nice resort - a little off the beaten path however

by TripAdvisor Member tomic

We stayed here recently and really enjoyed the resorts suites and amenities. Although the location was OK, it required a lot of driving to go to area attractions.

First the suite - we got a 1 bedroom suite which consisted of a full kitchen, a dining room, a living room bath and bedroom. Basically, it was a condo/apartment. The furnishings and decor were excellent and it included 2 sofa beds so my kids didn’t have to share a bed which was nice. The grounds are very well maintained and we really enjoyed the pools. Speaking of pools - there are a lot of them! There is the "Loch Ness" pool which we enjoyed - this has basically a large pool with slides, a sand area as well as waterfalls. What is nice about this pool is that there are a lot of different things for the kids to do - we spent 2 full days at this pool alone and the kids never complained of being bored. They also have organized activities throughout the day as well as providing basic pool toys. In addition to this pool, there are 4 or 5 other pools spread throughout the resort. One of these was just across the parking lot from our unit and most times nobody was there except us.

Dining - there are 4 or 5 restaurants on site - we tried a couple and although they were a bit pricey the food was very good - no complaints other than the fact they add an 18% "service charge" to every bill.

My only negative comment on this property is the location. It is located off of SR19 a main thoroughfare that has I believe every type of chain store/restaurant known to mankind. This is convenient if you like these types of establishments, but not for us. In addition to go to any of the attractions you need to travel a minimum of 30 minutes just to get to downtown Tampa which isn’t too bad, but it does take time away from your vacation. We visited Disney World and it took about 1-1/2 to 2 hours each way.

Would I stay here again - maybe! The resort itself is top notch - very friendly and accommodating staff, lush grounds, great rooms and nice restaurants. Again, the downside is the location and its proximity (or lack of) to get to places.

An excellent family vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Diana7

We have just come back from florida. This is the best place I have stayed. I have stayed a lot of places but this was the best ever. The pool was great. I loved the waterslides at the pool the whole family enjoyed them. The way the pool was built was just beautiful. The rooms have a lot of space and the bed was so comfortable. I just wish my bed at home felt this way. The rooms were very clean. This is a great place to have a family reunion. We really enjoyed it. My parents really enjoyed it. My dad is in his 60's and he loved it especially the security and being peaceful and quiet not any noise. Great Place They have great specials for rooms and specials for golf.

Terrific Vacation - Great Bed, Shower & Awesome Pool!

We stayed there for three nights starting July 23, 2005. We stayed there with our four kids. We had a two bedroom, two bathroom with a dining area, kitchen and living room. Very clean place. I even did our laundry upstairs for free ( you must bring your own detergent). The beds are very comfortable and the shower was very relaxing. We brought our family and friends from the area to the pool for the day - everyone loved it. They have two great slides, a beach area with sand, a waterfall, and a cool beach bar with great food and drinks! We will stay here again!

Perfect Family Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member jtbmom

Just came back from the resort. Excellent stay. We were debating on whether we should go to Disney but because of the age of our kids we decided to do something a little bit more low key. Less stress. Our room was located across from the Lochness Pool so it was very convenient. They provide sand toys and pool toys. Plus, the waterslide provides all the entertainment. Staff is dilligent and so you feel safe that your kids are being watched on the waterslides. If you have small kids stay on the ground floor. We stayed in a Junior Suite which had a kitchen. Have 2 kids, 1 and 4 so we ate breakfast and dinner in our room. My 4 year old son and my husband enjoyed the driving range. (Kids need a collared shirt) and my daughter and I went shopping. Lots of stuff close by. Barnes and Noble, Macys, Chuckie Cheese's, Baskin Robbins. Etc.. Will definitely go back. I left my makeup bag in the bathroom and they were prompt in responding to my call and are mailing it back to me. Excellent value. Very well built so you don't have to be quiet. You cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear you!

Heavenly Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Criticaltraveller

The Good:
Off the beaten path
Very quiet
Beautiful grounds
Close to the Pinellas Trail
Close to other area attractions
Suite was unusually spacious
Great pools
Ample and convenient parking
Secure surroundings
Very friendly staff

The Bad:
Staff is not empowered to resolve problems; all problems referred to a higher authority
Limited gift shop/convenience store
Golf is expensive

The Good outweighs The Bad - a really wonderful resort!

Comments