Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf

15617 Front Beach Road, Panama City Beach, Florida, 32413, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

• Blood Stained, Urine Stained pillows and beds!

As a family of four, we decided to rent condo in this establishment, which was a mistake. As soon as we walked through the door my mom and I were hit with a strong smell of urine that went throughout the condo. The pictures of this condo that were sent to us made the place look very roomy, which is it not. When you first open the door the full bed is right there, giving us about a foot and a half to maneuver between the bed and tv (which semi-blocks the door making it unable to fully open, if you look behind the tv you will see the layers of dust and lost trinkets). The kitchen appliances seldom work. The pots and pans that were provided were covered in grease and pieces of food (not even cleaned). The shower/bath was moldy, with clumps of hair clogging the drain. The railing on the balcony was plastic, which would be fine if it did not have a big crack making it susceptible to breaking. Worst of all - the beds and pillows. When I took the pillow cases off I discovered stains of blood and mold on several of the pillows. When you take the comforter off there is random brown stains on the fitted sheets. Under the fitted sheets is a mattress pad which has urine stains on it. Under that is the actual mattress, which has holes (honestly, it looks like holes that were chewed) and urine stains with brown specks on it. Then there is the repairman. The guy came late of his scheduled appointment (in my opinion he shouldn't have been allowed to go if he was late). First of all he knocked then waited not even a second before coming in (I had the room with the door and I wasn't dressed! I ran into the bathroom to finish dressing). He ended up staying about two hours, considering the place was already cramped with four people, he made it worse with the running in and out. He was replacing the tv's and putting new wall mounts on. The room in which the mounted tv was in ended up being covered in dry wall dust from the drilling. Did not help that he had plumbers bottom and used our fridge for his soda and forgot it there. When we contacted the owner he set us up in a different hotel (which I will be doing a review on also [Paradise Palms, Panama Beach, FLA]) which he was paying for one night. We were contacted the next day saying the issues have been resolved. We were suspicious whether the problems have really been resolved, so we left our stuff at the replacement hotel to look at the Ambassador. When we got to the Ambassador, the problems were anything but fixed. We found the blood & urine stained pillows in the bag that the new ones came in (Walmart brand, I know because the night we were sent to the other places a big box came in and was laid on the bed with a big "Walmart" sticker on it containing the pillows, very inconvenient) which by the way the bags were clear, unsealed and pillows didn't fit all the way in. The pillows were found in a trash can (not even in, they were laid on top, instead of pushed in the can) in front of the air conditioning vent that put cool air into my room. When we went inside there was a mattress - in it's original, un-opened, and brand new state - in the middle of the room blocking the provided closet (which contained a dirty mop,broom,bucket,ironing board, iron and blankets on the shelf on top, and 3 plastic hangers labeled "L"), blocking the small path to the bathroom making me climb over the bed to access the bathroom. Neither my bed or the other bed were replaced. The pillows seemed new. The urine smell was still there, the bathroom was still moldy, basically nothing had changed. We were refunded the first night when since we had to stay somewhere else, but when we ended up staying at the place he put us in (since it was way better), we were provided no refund. The maids were also terrible at the Ambassador. The view and location is spectacular, but not worth the health risk. The air conditioner had dust in the vents and something black ( I do not even want to know) between the wall and conditioner. The dry wall dust was also still there. I will never be going back there again. We ended up staying in the place that was supposed to be our temporary residence. Also, if you wake up easily, you will not be able to sleep with all the karaoke (very very loud, and horrible sounding) across the street.

• Awesome

I read so many complaints on this place but with the prices I gave a call anyways. A young lady answered the phone. She was very helpful and eased all fears I had about the place. She explained that the maids do not go in the room until after the guests leave. Made sense to me, really don't like the idea of someone coming in my room when I am not there or even when I am! I got lost on the way down and the lady I had made reservations with answered the phone yet again and talked me through until I was close to the Ambassador. She was so polite and friendly when I walked into the lobby. I guess she could tell I was "frazzled" to say the least in getting lost, because she calmly chatted with me and checked me in very quickly. I loved the room, it was just how she had described it. A little while later, I was struggling with my suitcase and she came and helped me. The place is older but the prices and the people working there made up for any complaints I might have had. I will be going back to the Ambassador. I plan on making reservations for the next year for my family reunion! Just a quick note, Ms. Erin, you were awesome and thank you so much!!!!!!

Comments