Beach Club Motel

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Beach Club Motel

the beach

by doug48

most visitors to the panama city area come for it's beautiful white sand beach. panama city beach is a gulf barrier island that is several miles long. panama city beach is lined with resort hotels, condos, and beach bars. panama city beach is world famous for it's annual college spring break. as with most northwest florida beach towns prices are higher for accommodations in the spring and summer.

Walking at night on the beach

by red_stone

Walks on the beach are nice. There are a lot of people that will be having a small party at the edge of the beach in front of their hotels/motels. This is a good way to get to meet people. If not to meet people, it is a good way to enjoy the waves crashing, the moon rising, and if you are in a good spot....the stars. On occassion you will see a huge yacht way out in the ocean. You can see the lights from it.
Another thing you could do is to go for a walk on Front Beach Rd. This is where you will see people cruising, and walking. There is a place to go get icecream, play video games, miniature golf($50 prize if you get a hole in one on the last hole), and go-cart racing. Nights are really warm, but breezy. You will most likely be sunburned, so you might feel a slight chill. If you plan to go walking at night, and think you might be gone for awhile, take a light jacket(not really necessary). Otherwise, you will be fine in a short sleeve shirt, shorts, and your choice of shoes. Preferrably sandals or flip-flops, due to the sand from walking on the beach.

I like to remember it

by Debesiuke

Panama City Beach is a wonderful place for vacations. There are many beautiful hotels with swimming pools, motels, inns. Some are quite cheap. People are very kind, smiling, saying 'hello' to stranges. I really loved it. It was quite unusual for me, becausee in my country people do not behave like that, but after some time I started saying 'hello' to eveyone as well. :)
No matter where you go everyone will meet you with a smile, esp. if you are a foreigner. People are very interested in foreigners and curious to know who they are. :)
What I really loved was the ocean. Water is very warm and of a very nice color. Sand is white. What I missed were tall palm trees. Alas, I was unable to see any.
The weather is hot, very hot. If you are from eastern or northern countries of Europe you will not be able to stand such a hot weather. At nights it's almost the same. It was very difficult for me to adopt myself to such weather.
While being there I had to go to a travel agency. The one, that was closest to my place was 'Far Horizons'. The woman who worked there (I cannot remember her name now) was really very helpful and I am very grateful to her. She helped me not only to save money ordering tickets, but also adviced me. She was a very kind person and if you need something connected with travels, just go to that place. I'm sure she'll be very helpful too. They advice foreigners and it is really useful if you are in a foreign country, where everything was different. And esp. if you are alone, like I was.
The United States left me only good memories. Esp. people. All are very kind and ready to help. It was something amazing for me that they care so much of strangers. :)
All my memories about Panama City Beach are only good. I loved that place and I miss it now. There are so many things to see and to try! Hello to everyone who is in Panama City Beach! And thanks that you welcome us with a smile! :)

St. Andrew's State Park

by johnjess

St. Andrews State Park, located directly adjacent to Panama City Beach, is a must -see. When you're at St. Andrew's you can imagine what the area looked like before the high-rise condos, hotels, and clubs took over.

In 1995, Travel Magazine named St Andrews “The World’s Best Beach" and for good reason. St. Andrews consists of more than 1,000 acres of spotless sugar white sand, dunes, and emerald waters. While here, you can snorkel (rentals available), and do traditional beach activities or just explore. If you're lucky you may get a glimpse of some wildlife. Foxes, deer, coyotes, and other animals call St. Andrew's home. Also, be on the lookout for the rosemary that grows wild here.

A word of caution, while exploring, make sure you stay off the sand dunes and leave the sea oats alone. These serve as very important erosion protectors. So important, in fact, that disturbing them can result in a hefty fine.

Besides the beach activities there is also a great campsites and hiking trails. Camping fees are $8 in the off peak season (Oct.1-Feb.28) and $15 during spring/summer (Mar.1-Sep.30). Add an extra $2 each for a waterfront spot and/or electricity. The admission fee for non-campers is $5.00 per vehicle.

Finally, as one who loves to fish and has been spoiled by the great fishing in the area, St. Andrew's is a GREAT place to throw out a line. Fishing opportunities includes deep-sea jetty and surf fishing. Two fishing piers and jetties provide excellent vantage points year-round. The best part is the many differnt types of fish you can catch. Catches include spanish mackerel, red fish, flounder, sea trout, bonito, cobia, dolphin and bluefish. A shop in the park offers snacks, souvenirs, bait, fishing licenses, and limited grocery items.

We travelled by Air with...

by Annielou

We travelled by Air with Virgin Atlantic from the UK
Within Disney World it is advisable to use their transport with travelling from hotels within the Disney Complex to other Disney Parks. Otherwise by car.

Stale King CakeStale King Cake

Visual Arts CenterVisual Arts Center

Are there cheap hotels in Florida?

by galeena1

We are heading south Mar 1st to Mar 6th and looking for cheap and CLEAN accomodation in or around Tampa, Fort Myers, Key West and Miami. I know it is impossible to find good rooms centrally located for $60 a night but since we have a car maybe we can find some motel around these cities that is budget and clean. The cheap hotels in Tampa charge about $60-80 and from the reviews they are filthy! thnx in advance.

RE: Are there cheap hotels in Florida?

by yvr

You might check out the following chains, they all have websites. Motel 6, Red Roof Inns, Econolodges, Travelodge, these are budget chains and are affiliated with large multi chains. Motel 6 and Red Roof Inns are owned by Acorr, Econolodges by Choice Hotels.

RE: Are there cheap hotels in Florida?

by VA_Dave

I usually check the www.motel6.com specials, and then I look at the Travelaxe prices.

For instance, there is a Motel 6 special of $50/night before taxes in Tampa.

Travelaxe is a hotel search engine that you have to download some software for at www.travelaxe.com. It requires a login but there is no spam. Travelaxe combines most of the other hotel search engines in one display and shows you the best prices including all taxes. You can sort by location, rating, etc.
For instance, when I search Travelaxe for Tampa during 3/1-3/6, I see that TravelClub offers the Clarion Hotel and Conf Center in Tampa for $410 total.

Have a great trip!

parking charges at hotels

by briwire

Do hotels on charge for guests to park on their car parks? In particular, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive and Marriott on Sand Key Clearwater?

If so, how much?

Just like to be prepared for any hidden extras when I get my spends.

Re: parking charges at hotels

by johnaalex

DO they have Google on your planet?

From the Marriott web site
Parking
Complimentary on-site parking
Valet parking, fee: 12 USD daily

From the Rodeway Inn site
What are parking arrangements?
A: We offer ample free parking with plenty of room for buses and RVs as well.

Regards

John

Re: parking charges at hotels

by klmousseau

No they don't.
I just stayed at the Rodeway Inn on I-drive in February. We got a great deal. it was a very convenient location, under 5 min drive to Universal and walking/driving distance to lots of restaurants. In particular, drive south on I-drive from the Hotel and check out the restaurants at "the point". The greek restaurant there was very good and had belly-dancing which led to the whole restaurant dancing around the tables, very lively. Also, BB Kings Jazz club was great. There is live music (even the house band is good), the cover was $5 pp, but i think if you choose to eat there, you don't have to pay the cover. I DO NOT recommend the piano bar "howl at the moon", it was incredibly cheesy, tacky and horrible! DO check out Universal City walk, after a day at the parks, you can browse through the shopping, bars and restaurants on your way back to the car park. Parking at disney or Universal is $12 per day.
Happy Travels.
Make sure you check out the weather report for Orlando, we had 40degree weather when we were there!

Getting around PCB as a tourist

by pseudocode

I am from Australia visiting PCB in late August - I hope the beaches are open and unaffected by the oil spill! I will be staying in a beach house for 10 days and would like to know if I need a hire car to get around mainly for checking the surroundings, shopping and dining. Can anyone please give me an overview of what kind of transport is available? I am not very keen on spending up to $45/day on a hire car that I will not use very much at all.

Thank you very much for any feedback.

by bocmaxima

It really depends on where exactly the house is. The central part of Panama, where the hotels are, is walkable: shops, bars and plenty of restaurants around. Other parts are not as walkable.
I wouldn't cancel your reservation, but I wouldn't be too surprised if the oil made the water unswimmable by August. It's a real damn shame.

by pseudocode

Thank you for that quick reply! The house is in Gulf Lagoon Beach and unfortunately does not have a pool. I have been checking updates on the oil spill everyday and still hoping for a perfect 10 days by the beach.

by bocmaxima

That's in a really good area. You'll be able to walk to a lot. If you run out of things to do (unlikely), you can call a taxi. You're right though: $45/day is ridiculous for a car, especially if you're staying for ten days (you should get a discounted rate).
I was there in late August a few years ago. There was an issue with seaweed then in the water and swimming and wading was made a little weirder by the fish that hung around the seaweed and nibbled at your legs. If that doesn't freak you out though, you should be fine.
And the beach itself was fantastic, of course.

Comments